- Iron Man:
- During the opening scene, Tony was asked if he went 12 for 12 with Maxim's models in 2007. Among the models in 2007 was Rose McGowan who 10 years later would be the forewoman in leading the Me Too movement against sexual harassment in Hollywood which quickly turned the banter between the soldiers about his sexual conquests from cool to an utterly tasteless reply.
- The Avengers:
- The Stuttgart scene when Tony pulls off a ranged attack Dynamic Entry on Loki has this exchange right after. As it turns out, it is a good move, and made the heroes' eventual victory that much costlier.Tony: Make your move, Reindeer Games.
Tony: Good move.
- This exchange from Steve Rogers and Tony Stark is Played for Laughs, only to turn out to be exactly the type of issue Tony is struggling with in Iron Man 3.Steve Rogers: Big man in a suit of armor, take that off and what are you?
Tony Stark: Genius billionaire playboy philanthropist.
- It's mentioned that Steve Rogers is on a S.H.I.E.L.D. watchlist as potential threat. Though funny at first, this joke lost its edge once Captain America: The Winter Soldier revealed that HYDRA has been active inside S.H.I.E.L.D. for years. Steve Rogers is their old enemy. Odds are good that HYDRA put him on that watchlist.
- The Stuttgart scene when Tony pulls off a ranged attack Dynamic Entry on Loki has this exchange right after. As it turns out, it is a good move, and made the heroes' eventual victory that much costlier.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron:
- One of the highlights in X-Men: Days of Future Past is Quicksilver effortlessly defeating dozens of prison guards and nonchalantly evading assault rifle gunfire. This did not go so well with this Quicksilver, who is portrayed as slower. He thus wasn't able to evade Gatling guns with ridiculously high fire rates.
- Tony's joke about "huge bag of weed" from the previous movie becomes less funny when in this film, the Brainwashed and Crazy Hulk looks as if he was high with those reddened eyes.
- Clint gets tired of Pietro one-upping him, so he mutters to himself how he could easily put that haughty snot out of his misery and blame it on Ultron. We also see Pietro get shot by a police officer and shrug it off. Then Pietro gets shot to death by Ultron himself.
- Captain America: Civil War:
- The opening mission in Lagos has Wanda briefly boast about how she can move things with her mind. A few minutes later she attempts this on a self-detonating Crossbones and ends up taking out the top portion of a skyscraper...in which several Wakandan delegates happened to be holding a meeting.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2:
- Peter and Ego have a nice reunited father-and-son bonding moment as they play catch with a ball of energy Peter has manifested with his newly discovered Celestial powers. Then it turns out that Ego doesn't care about Peter and is just using him as a pawn in his plan to replace all life in the Galaxy with extensions of himself.
- There's also the Running Gag in the first film about Yondu being accused of going soft because of his treatment of Peter and his reluctance to deliver him to his father. Come this film, Yondu really was helping Peter survive on his own, becoming a Parental Substitute towards him; and even dies trying to help Peter escape from Ego.
- Thor: Ragnarok:
- Skurge boasts that he got a pair of automatic rifles from Texas. On the Sunday of the film's opening weekend, a mass shooting occurred at a Texas church, using a similar rifle. For bonus points, Skurge's rifles appear to be stolen from the military, and the shooter wasn't legally allowed to own or purchase any guns, because the Air Force convicted him of a crime.note
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.:
- The relatively light-hearted first season, had Agent Simmons—primarily a scientist—as a horrible liar, as shown in an episode where she has to infiltrate SHIELD headquarters to save Ward and Fitz from a suicide mission, only to be caught by a superior. After stumbling through several lies and a failed seduction attempt, she goes "Screw it" and knocks him out with a tranquilizer gun. This is all played for laughs. Months later, the second season opens with Simmons infiltrating HYDRA. While the previous mishap at HQ was one of the funniest moments in the series, Simmons's inability to lie under pressure led to Skye being genuinely concerned for her safety. Fortunately, it all worked itself out.
Funny Aneurysm Moment / Marvel Cinematic Universe