Games with their own pages:
- Yakuza / Yakuza Kiwami
- Yakuza 2 / Yakuza Kiwami 2
- Yakuza: Dead Souls
- Yakuza 5
- Yakuza 0
- Yakuza 6
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon
- The sheer amount of mood whiplash in the game in general. The absurdity of those moments in the sidequests and revelations contrasts with the serious plot wonderfully, giving the game its own straight man.
- Any time Majima busts out a "Kiryu-chan!", especially since his voice shoots up a couple octaves when he says it.
- In the karaoke sessions where Kazuma is accompanying, the vocalizations he makes can be gold since they're often yelps or interjections in [[Engrish]]... hearing the Dragon of Dojima go "oy oy HEY!" over J-Pop is a wonderful feeling.
- Heat Moves can be pretty funny with how ridiculous and/or over the top brutal they are, to the point of being semi-slapstick. Especially since the targets of even the most lethal looking heat moves seem to end up with just a few bruises afterwards.
- Some general examples would include the moves where a character stomps on a guy's face (potentially more than once), or in Saejima's case; punches them right in the face, with their teeth noticeably flying out. Such moves would probably cause severe concussions or serious brain damage in real life, but not in the Yakuza series.
- Some Heat moves with bladed weapons have guys being outright shanked and impaled.
- Even more egregious with bosses, who can take MULTIPLE heat moves, even the aforementioned bladed weapon moves.
- Other heat moves with weapons examples include shoving a portable burner right into a guy's face, forcing a guy to drink 'mystery fluid', and dropping a christmas tree on them. Or picking up and dropping a motorycle/generator on a guy, the latter has him being electrocuted for a bit afterwards. Or you can just salt some fools in the eyes.
- It gets more crazy in Yakuza 0, with Majima having the most brutal heat moves. One of which is an outright Neck Snap, which gets passed to Kiryu in Kiwami.
- Kiryu has a certain Counter-Attack in 0 with his Beast Style moveset, which has him rage out and grab his victim by the arms, showing that they are shocked/scared as he does so, and he instantly dislocates their shoulders by pulling them, which leaves them drooping lower on their model. He then bitchslaps them senseless and so hard that they spin around 180 degrees, before grabbing them from behind and throwing them overhead, slamming headfirst onto the ground.
- 0 and Kiwami have a Heat move where Kiryu stuffs a mandarin orange into a mook's mouth and stomps on it, turning the guy into a juice fountain. You can use an orange as a weapon. Especially funny if you bought the orange expecting it to be just another healing item.
- This tweet from late 2018 showing Kiryu upset over all the crossovers of the year.
- Ever wondered what happens when you fail the series' various Quick Time Events? Well, this is more or less what it looks like combined with a few action sequences thrown in. Ouch. Highlights include...
- Akiyama getting flung away to kingdom come by a wrecking ball of all things.
- Saejima getting run over by a car while he's wearing a Santa Claus costume.
- Majima getting his head crushed by Awano.
- Kiryu having an office plant dropped on his head and actually knocking him down!
- The iconic action sequence where Kiryu drop kicks Yoneda out of a window inside a multi-story building. Kiryu's *still* never killed anyone despite this.
- All the revelations in the third game. No exception.
- And by the extension the revelations in 4.
- In one substory, Kiryu jumps to the defense of a woman getting harassed by thugs. Once he gets rid of the thugs, Kiryu realizes the woman he saved was transgender, who now had the hots for him, much to Kiryu's horror. What comes next is a chase sequence where Kiryu tries to desperately get away from his new admirer.
- Kiryu and Rikiya go to locate Kanda, who was in a love hotel of all places. When they try to enter, the old lady clerk stops them, saying that only couples can get in. In order to enter without suspicion, Rikiya pretends he and Kiryu are a gay couple wanting a room, much to Kiryu's shock. The old lady happily lets them in, apparently a yaoi fan girl.
- When Hana frantically calls Akiyama that she's stuck in the office due to some suspicious men outside. She's scared that if she tries to leave, she might get raped. Akiyama stifles a chuckle at the notion, either due to her looks or due to the fact she's revealed to be just as capable in a fight as Akiyama. Or both. Hana catches and angrily asked if he just laughed.
- Just the way Saejima gets a revelation; he just pulls a log out of nowhere and chisels a wood figure in seconds.
- In one of Saejima's substories, he is investigating an urban legend about kappas in Kamurocho. Turned out it was just some weird dude wearing kappa tights for food. At the end of the substory, a ''real'' kappa peaks out from a manhole at Saejima and retreats just before Saejima turns around.
- When everyone is gathered at New Serena, there is a substory where the men suddenly get a baby at their doorstep. When his diaper needed changing, Akiyama, Saejima, and Tanimura immediately leave it to Kiryu and Date. Date argues that Kiryu should do it since he deals with kids at his orphanage, which he refutes, saying they're children, not babies. Kiryu argues Date should do it since he was married once, who refutes, saying if he was good with babies, he'd still be in his marriage. In the end, it fell on Kiryu to do it, and he promptly gets peed in the face for his troubles.
- The reaction of Akiyama, Saejima and Tanimura is also the gem of the above sequence. They looked startled, even a bit scared, as if they were expecting Kiryu to use a HEAT action on the baby for peeing on his face.
- During the prison break failing all the QTEs can be quite hilarious if you think about it. Saejima fails to get through several gates, then he sees another gate falling you can just feel how he thinks "Oh, come on..."...and fails yet again. The sudden guard at the end who hits him is just cherry on the top.