- Canute arguing with the head of his dead father can be strangely amusing.
- Much of the Thors flashback arc gets downright hilarious. Especially his treatment of his daughter on the day of her birth.Thors: ...By the gods, it's noisy.
- Willibald the Priest has his share of moments, especially when he's sober.Thorkell: Good friar, what say you? Who is greater, your Jesus or our Aesir?Willibald: ...Whichever created liquor.
- One funny exchange as the main characters are moving through Wales:
- Welshman #1: Are those Danes? I heard they eat people!Welshman #2: They don't have horns at all!Welshman #1: Do you think they're dangerous?Welshman #2: Nah, Lord Arthur is with them.Thorgrimm: What the hell are they saying about me? I should kill and eat them!
- The bit where Thorkell's men are mocking his annoyance with lack of battle as being like a jilted girl (and he totally goes along with it) is pretty damn hilarious too.Thorkell: You know it's not my thing to take prisoners, don't you? But King Sweyn just keeps ignoring me. I figure if I kidnap the Prince, maybe he'll turn his head this way just a little bit. Don't you see the sad predicament I'm in?Viking: ::laughing:: That's what a young girl in love says, General.Thorkell: Exactly! That dashing King Sweyn has me wrapped around his little finger!Viking #2: ::also laughing:: Biggest girl I ever saw.Viking #3: ::dramatically, as the whole crew starts cracking up:: He's knocking at my door every day, dogging my heels, then one day, he just turns as cold as ice! Oh, what's a poor girl to do?Viking #4: Suddenly, he's all I can think about. Next thing I knew, I was the one chasing him!Viking #2: Oh, that King Sweyn's a master of romance, we're all head over heels for him!
- Though somewhat mitigated by the fact that he gets seriously hurt when he crash lands, the expression on Thorfinn's face when Thorkell's kick plus his own attempt at jump-evading it launches him over fifty feet in the air is priceless, as are the gaping stares of everybody still on the ground.
- "WHAAAAAT?! HOW CAN YOU BE IN YOUR TWENTIES?!"
- Another one for Thorfinn's expressions: the look on his face when he realizes that he, a slave, just broke his supervisor's face right after telling Einar not to lose his temper.
- Askeladd's Palmer-esque response to Thorkell stopping a charging horse by punching it to death: "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME."
- When Askeladd's band seems doomed, he makes his loyalty to his Welsh heritage abundantly clear by his possibly last words to them:"I hate every one of you horse-fucking Danish whoresons."
- After timeskip, Thorkell being reduced to a zombie-like state by the lack of war. He even speaks like one. The going through a wall was a nice touch.
- And then the same Thorkell, out of all people, faints due to his king ordering his troops to disband and come back to Danemark. One of his underlings even says that anymore peace and Thorkell will die for sure (he's already not breathing at this point)!
- Then when Thorkell finally has a chance to go fighting, he acts like a excited school-girl coming too early for her date.
- Ylva's reaction to Thorfinn's return. At first she attacks him, thinking him a con man. Then when convinced he's her real brother, she gently puts him down... only to punch his lights out while yelling, "WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN WANDERING AROUND ALL THIS TIME, YOU JACKASS!!!" She continues to beat the tar out of him, much to the protests of Ari, her husband, all the while her kids happily shout out "Mommy's the strongest".
- HEREEEE'S THORKELL!
- Thorkell squeeing like a Japanese schoolgirl when Gudrid admits she likes Thorfinn.KYAAA! You confessed! Tell me, what do you like about him?
Funny / Vinland Saga