- Most comedians are regularly this on their account but TheTweetOfGod stands out.
- Funnybandname only posts exactly what you think it would: funny made up names for groups of musicians. This user will quickly retweet any good suggestions given to it.
- "Hot Dog Mortar"
- "Canned Goat"
- "Zweihander and the Hairy Hellspawns"
- The @sayakacorpse account. It's a bot that just tweets blank space every hour.note
- Similar to the above, Dark Bum has an account where he tweets out Soul Hearts for Isaac players.
- The Akari Daisuki account, a bot that takes a random tweet from someone it auto-follows and tweets out "わぁい(excerpt) あかり(excerpt)大好き"tl Occasionally it will use some pretty amusing parameters for its tweets, resulting in Gratuitous Foreign Languages (English included) or naughty tweets. Some examples:
- After everyword, a bot that tweeted every word in the English language, completed its task in 2014, several spinoff bots spawned in its wake. One of them is everyword in my ass, which does the same but also appends "in my ass" after each word. Notable examples so far include:
- After the infamous dress picture in February 2015, we got several reactions and opinions from celebrities:Kim Kardashian West: What color is that dress? I see white & gold... Kanye sees black and blue, who is color blind?Anna Kendrick: If that's not White and Gold the universe is falling apart. Seriously what is happening????Taylor Swift: I don't understand this dress debate and I feel like it's a trick somehow. I'm confused and scared. PS it's OBVIOUSLY BLUE AND BLACKSarah Hyland: Guys. I've stared at this dress for 5 minutes. Like an idiot. All I see is white and gold. And a satin bolero that shouldn't be paired with it.Jaden Smith: I'm Seeing Blue And Black, As Of NowChrissy Teigen: Fuck the dress it's heinousAriana Grande: if one more person asks me what color i think this damn dress isdeadmau5: Jesus Christ... It's blue and black, now shut the fuck up and guess what color of fuck I give.
- In 2011, when John Cho got confused with Jay Chou as Kato (John is Korean-American, whereas Jay is Taiwanese) in the 2011 remake of The Green Hornet, John wrote "I am beginning to suspect that I am not in the Green Hornet movie."
- From March 2013, former NBA coach Phil Jackson's first Tweet:11 champ;ipnsikp[ ringhs
- Followed by an explanatory video.
- The unlucky guy who livetweeted his emergency room visit after getting his dildo stuck in his butt.
- In 2016 Microsoft developed a chatbot called TayTweets that would post on Twitter and was designed to get smarter the more conversations it had. It took less than a day for Tay to become a racist Nazi sympathizer. After it was taken offline and Microsoft wrote in some fixes to prevent that sort of thing, along with erasing all of its worst tweets, they put it back up... and it started talking about doing drugs in front of police. The bot has since gone defunct and its account is locked to prevent anyone from seeing its tweets without permission.
- This gets a bit less funny (or depending on your tastes, more funny) if you're aware that Tay's racist behavior was the result of a deliberate effort based out of 4Chan.
- In 2016, the Chicago Cubs would finally win the World Series. So, it seemed appropriate that Michael J. Fox gave the perfect congratulations:
- The reason we never went back to the moon:
- The Running Gag of writer Craig Mazin (best known for Chernobyl) hating his freshman roommate, Senator Ted Cruz. He never misses an opportunity to get a shot in on him. Some highlight include: calling him out for being a hypocrite◊ for once arguing before the Supreme Court that masturbation is illegal, apologizing for not smothering him in his sleep◊, and claiming the worst of all, eating his food and then lying about it◊. Mazin, who's liberal, insists that he doesn't hate Cruz because he's a Republican. He says that if Cruz were liberal, he'd only 99% hate him.
- In a truly bizarre yet hilarious tweet, Justin Bieber randomly decided to challenge Tom Cruise to a mixed martial arts fight Cruise is 31 years older than Bieber (he's twelve years older than his dad) and they've seemingly never interacted once. This also spawned another hilarious thread where people challenged random celebrities 31 years older than them to fights.
- A user by the name of Chef Shwasty live-tweeted his blind reactions to the Harry Potter films...ChefShwasty: Fat dude bombing out of the sky with a newborn baby. This must be the Hagrid I've seen in memes.
"Yer a wizard, Harry." I'm essentially living for that life right now.ChefShwasty: Dude's locked under the staircase? The fuck?
And I hate everyone in this house. I hope Dudley gets a degenerative disease named after him.ChefShwasty: Who the fuck owns a five story cabin on a rocky island in the middle of the Atlantic?ChefShwasty: Hermione seems like she'd be the horse girl in school.
Y'all know what I'm talking about.ChefShwasty: "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks."
SIT DOWN AND SHUT THE FUCK UP BLONDIE, YOU JUST GOT POTTERED.ChefShwasty: "I've got presents?" He says wide-eyed and in disbelief.
Fuck you, YOU'RE crying.
- The official Hulu account's response to someone who said that he wouldn't watch Parasite 2019 because it's in Korean.
- dril. A twitter account run by an anonymous individual who tweets out random bits of insanity every now and again, making it look like you're reading the ramblings of a mad god. It really has to be seen to be believed.
dril: nonotedril: issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the terror group ISIL. you do not, under any circumstances, gotta hand it to them
- In case you dont want to/cant, here are some highlights
- In August 2020, President Trump mispronounced Thailand as "Thighland." It was just a brief flub, and he quickly corrected himself. This did not stop Dinesh D'Souza from jumping to his defense, saying that "Thighland" was the correct pronunciation, and that "Tai-land" was just a "crude lingo." People immediately pointed out that he was wrong, but he doubled down. This debacle didn't truly explode until someone pointed out, among other things, that even Street Fighter II (known for its questionable translations) pronounced Thailand correctly. Dinesh's nonsensical response that England, Australia, and India pronounce it as Thighland - as well as pointlessly asking about the invention of the English language - triggered an even bigger backlash. Users from all three mentioned countries - and along with pretty much everyone else, regardless of political stance - came in to laugh at how stupid he was being. This lasted for about 48 hours, resulting in a ratio of over 11,000 posts of sheer mockery. Dinesh quadrupled down and refused to admit his mistake, while everyone had a good laugh at his idiocy. It was shortly followed by Trump talking about his mistake and joking about it at an event.
- In August 2020, Maureen Dowd wrote a column in The New York Times about Bidens impending announcement of his (woman) running mate. She claimed that the last time a Democratic presidential ticket was a man and a woman was 1984 (Mondale/Ferraro) which completely forgot that only four years previously, the ticket was Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine. The NYT later edited the story to say that she meant a man as the presidential nominee and a woman as the VP nominee. Clinton herself chimed in on her Twitter account to to say that Dowd had probably eaten a pot brownie again before writing her column. This is a reference to a bizarre story Dowd wrote in 2014 where she claimed she had crazy hallucinations after eating a single pot brownie after it was legalized in Colorado.
Funny / Twitter