- This image◊ (currently serving as the page image for Tumblr's main page on TV Tropes), detailing a day in the life of a hipster, with replacement lyrics sung to the tune of Kesha's "TiK ToK".
- This beauty about how many different types of orange juice with various levels of pulp are sold, including:"Holy Shit, That's A Lot Of Pulp""Seriously. Theres A Lot Of Pulp In This Motherfucker.""Stop Fucking With Me. Who Would Want This Much Pulp?""I'm Not Fucking With You. Theres So Much God Damned Pulp In This Sumbitch That You Should Forget A Straw Because Youll Need A Fucking Ladle."
- You Can't Fuck Osmosis Jones is a blog dedicated to explaining why it's impossible to have sex with various obscure cartoon characters in a very exasperated tone.
- This completely epic post about what is really the most powerful Pokémon.Arceus?WRONGIT'S MOTHERFUCKING MAGIKARP, STUPID ASS
- The week leading up to Maintenance Day was hilarious.
- After the maintenance update was over, the update itself and everyone's reaction to it was summed up pretty accurately with a gif from Monsters, Inc..Various monsters and Mike recoiling and ducking in preparation for an explosionCue a tiny/insignificant (and contained) explosion
- After the maintenance update was over, the update itself and everyone's reaction to it was summed up pretty accurately with a gif from Monsters, Inc..
- People on Tumblr will reblog anything:"ITS A TRANSPARENT HASHBROWN, HOW DOES IT NOT HAVE MORE NOTES?"
- This hilarious post about how to speak Canadian, and how not to."In Canada, you dont say I love you. You say EH EH MAPLE LEAF QUEEN HAM BACON MOOSE ANTLER EH which roughly translates into Ill give you my snow shovel. I think thats beautiful.""HOCKEY HOCKEY MAPLE LEAF PUCK."what the fuck did you just say about my mom"
- There was an image going around on Tumblr where, based on your initials, you'd choose two words to be your "wolf name." Unfortunately, some poor sap had the initials "PW," and...MY NAME, IS FRICKIN MOON MOON. ID BE THE MOST RETARDED WOLF. OH SHIT WHO BROUGHT FUCKING MOON MOON ALONG?
- Following the reveal of the new Super Smash Bros. game, Tumblr decided Villager was a cold-blooded murderer; along with the Wii Fit Trainer."I like you...I'll kill you last."I honestly can't tell which one is speaking.
- This gem about Hugh Jackman playing Gaston on Broadway.
- The man who was physically removed from an Olive Garden for eating too many "unlimited" yardsticks.
- "How many did you eat?"
- A trampoline that doubles as a tent for summer camp-outs? Doesn't take long for someone to imagine the kind of sex to be had on it (and the inevitable "There are two kinds of people" post). But someone follows up with "If you ever wanted to eat someone you could start a fire under it and slow-roast them!""...three. Three types of people."
- Someone painted the map of England (on paper) using tea. It's immediately called the most English thing they've ever seen. Until about ten seconds later, when the title is quickly given to someone who replied to it, "What a waste of tea."
- Take On Me.
- Someone who doesn't buy into the whole Illuminati-666-devil BS decides to look up just what it means: The Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened") is a name given to several groups, both real and fictitious. Historically, the name refers to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776 to oppose superstition, prejudice, religious influence over public life, abuses of state power, and to support women's education and gender equality. Faced with this knowledge, the user can let out only a weak, defeated "oh."paigefillyr: "Next time on I Didn't Know I was a Member of the Illuminati"conor-cymex: "Plot twist: Tumblr is literally the Illuminati"samwinchesters-killerpenis: "am I in a cult?"
- Johnny Bravo: I'm sickened, but curious..."The Internet in a nutshell"
- Chief Powhatan: These white men are dangerous."world history in five words"
- One Tumblr user, when reminiscing about The Magic School Bus, thought about how Miss Frizzle got her students to go on so many field trips... "and then [they] remembered Whitest Kids U Know...."
- Many people had different reactions to the trailer to Avengers: Age of Ultron. One person had an... interesting one.
- "This generation has a nice looking plane movie While our generation found entertainment through this manufactured horror." While that in and of itself is funny, one particular comment makes this hysterical:mauridianhallow: Dont you insult Jay-Jay the Jet Plane you piece of shit fuck you
- This unusually extremely polite argument. Here's a transcript:nasturbate: ahh yes the basketball. males 12+ only. nicedrunktrophywife: Except theres a difference between mens basketballs and womens basketballs because women have smaller hands womens balls have a smaller diameter while men have larger hands and their basketballs have larger diametersnasturbate: yo ok what she said my badcashemoji: That was the most mature dispute I have ever seen on the internetsittingatthetypewriter: Tumblr, youve done it.buttcheekpalmkang: They have mens basketballs, womens basketballs, and youth sized basketballs. Just like they have different sized footballs for different ages.blueivysedges: Equality does not mean everyone gets the same thing because we are all inherently different. Equality is recognizing differences and making sure everyone gets the same opportunity based on those differences, which isnt always equal.zulubunsen: A MATURE ARGUMENT ON TUMBLRI LIKE ITdisneyprincessoflyrian: REBLOG THIS, YOU MAY NEVER SEE A DISPUTE THIS CALM AGAIN
- Here, have people weighing in on Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams.nasturbate: hOLD THE FUCK UP spy kids two is supposed to be a light hearted film for the whole family not make me have an existential crisissschol: this is from spy kids
- A discussion about Thomas the Tank Engine's copious amount of Nightmare Fuel ends on this rather appropriate note:
- Tumblr user roach (likely) exploiting an error in a site update, and managing to tag every single user. Cue baffled reactions from the rest of the website.roach: how's everyone doin tonight i just broke tumblr
- Someone made a post depicting Pixar and Marvel parallels. It's fine until the bonus parallel with Dory saying "I don't want to forget"... right by Bucky about to undergo a mindwipe.trufflupogus: THAT LAST ONE WAS UNCALLED FOR
- This post using Long-Haired Hare and Baton Bunny gifs to describe mind-blowing sex. It is so wrong but so good.
- A post concerning a fight between Scooby-Doo and Courage the Cowardly Dog gets increasingly dark until one person added a rather appropriate picture to it:
- A hypothetical post concerning a Tumblr cartoon blogger in 1973 backfires somewhat:capacity: Its true fuck Fred
- A discussion about an alternative casting choice for Jay Gatsby:ollivander: what the fuck kind of mutant ass pun bullshit is this
- After a discussion about trains:rhapsody-in-blues: I assure you, tumblr user facts-I-just-made-up would never engage in the spread of misinformation for any reason
- The Driliad.
- Ask and ye shall recieve:
- "Its like the studio who makes the Pokemon anime doesnt know how to draw Groudon"
- "SHIT I JUST REALIZED ITS GILBERT GOTTFRIED"
- Behold, a two-part reaction to a major character death. Saying anything else would ruin the joke.
- A while back, Vice created an article concerning food hacks at the office. It got a very different kind of reaction than expected.squishyandiknowit: This should be what nsfw means
- "Stock photos are a gift to the internet"ansgar-amergin: What in the actual fuck
- A discussion about coffee naming goes from good to great when:hommedog: what the fuck does this post mean ive been trying to decipher its hieroglyphic encrypted message but i cant
- Doubling as a CMOA, but after the KFC Twitter got into some trouble:veganexplanations: Soooo, people are mad at KFC for posting an NSFW ad, but not for profiting off of the exploitation and abuse of MILLIONS of chickens? lol sometimes I feel like Im in a weird dreamtheothersideofthefarside: KFC fucking posted porn and your fist reaction is how can I make this about me being vegan
- The fact that an Imagine Your Icon post about making your icon watch Teen Titans Go, and that they make you watch The Powerpuff Girls Reboot in return, is tagged as "angst" and "tragedy".
- A simple post combining Yu-Gi-Oh! and the "When You X Just Right" meme eventually turns into a full-blown crossover.
- Hats really do make the man.
- An ex-art student decides to explore her old art supply bag from when she was a student at The Art Institute of Seattle. Hilarity Ensues.
- "I cant believe communismkills just resurrected sonic-for-real-justice"
- Behold, a discussion on Batman.
- A discourse on "swims".
- HOW ABOUT I JUST DON'T PLAY — The story of a music student whose sheet music has pppp notation (P meaning "piano", which means "soft/quiet"). Which then flies Off the Rails with four words: [COLOSSAL FOG HORN NOISE]."The entire band stops dead, in the cacophonous kind of way when it hasn't actually been cued to stop. The band director doesn't even say anything, just looks straight back at the tubas and makes a helpless sort of why gesture. In unison, the tuba players defended themselves: 'THERE WERE FOUR Fs.' FFFF is not really a rational dynamic marking for any instrument, but for the love of all that is holy why would you put it in a tuba part."
- Adding to the audacity, a piece by Julius Fučík called "Florentiner Marsch" which has first FFFFFFFF...and then FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. "That's 24 fortes who the fuck does that.""Who does that? This guy. Take a good look — that is the mustache of a man with nothing to lose.
Julius IDontGiveA Fučík
More like Julius Fuck-it
- Adding to the audacity, a piece by Julius Fučík called "Florentiner Marsch" which has first FFFFFFFF...and then FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. "That's 24 fortes who the fuck does that."
- A summarization of 2016:
- When shitpost generators get too real.
- A possible backstory for the title screen song of the NES Pictionary game:nintendo: hey tim were making a dumb pictionary game and need some musictim follin: >:)nintendo guy calling tim follin: hey bud, have you... have you ever played pictionary?
- A simple misunderstandingchristophertrees: Im looking for ppl to shoot, if youre in or visiting NYC, please let me know if something can be arranged.earthshakinlove: I live in Staten Island please come kill me pleaseearthshakinlove: Oh shit I just read ya tags you talkin bout photography 👀 ma bad
- An episode of "What's New Scooby-Doo?" had an unintended side effect.
- "this is the plot to cabin in the woods"
- On the subject of unusual instrumentsI like how the brass guy knew it was coming while the bass clarinet still gets caught off guard
- Whenever a picture is very misinterpreted and ends up getting a ton of reblogs before someone steps in with the truth. Some of the most silliest are someone mistaking someone turning◊ into a zombie as someone's brain releasing endorphin as they die and someone mistaking◊ the Joker disguising himself as a cop by removing his makeup as a real cop with facial scars.
- Oh, look, a GIF of Rowlet walking set to music, ain't that nifty?
- Some have claimed asexuals are immune to the allure of sirens, believing that their songs would not appeal to their lack of sexuality. However, sirens don't specifically sing about sex (necessarily). They sing to sailors about what they most desire. In the case of Odysseus, they tempted him with knowledge of the future.kittyknowsthings: Do you think the sirens would be grateful that they finally get some variety?
systlin: "Oh my god we can finally just sing about pasta thank the fucking gods."
totohoy: I'm not asexual but Im fairly certain sirens would do a far better job luring me into the depths with a song about pasta rather than sex...
musicalhell: This is true; Odysseus heard them promising him knowledge of the future. So the next time you see artwork like this: Remember those sultry naked chicks are saying "We'll tell you the winning lotto numbers."
i-am-the-karkat-media-worldwide: Them: "We have unlimited wifi at incredible speeds~" Me: *diving headfirst into the water*
waiting4codot: "Away with you!" I exclaimed, swinging an oar toward the unyielding siren. "Oh, but we have anything you could ever want," she cooed. I shook my head. "I want for nothing! There is nothing you could offer me!" The siren paused for a moment. "Dank Memes," she said, "The Dankest Memes you co—" Her sentence was cut short by my epic cannonball into the water.
- "these are so much funnier when you remember that he always carried a gun on set"viper-2-4: He what
- "what is a god to a nonbeliever"
- Autocorrect ruins another post.
- This post involves someone pointing out that pulling the If everyone would just card doesn't solve anything. Someone else decided to add their two cents.squareallworthy: If your solution to some problem relies on If everyone would just then you do not have a solution. Everyone is not going to just. At not time in the history of the universe has everyone just, and theyre not going to start now.
chroniclesofrettek: If everyone would just think about this before suggesting solutions, Facebook would be a lot better.
- How human culture came up with FEASTING and FASTING.
- #Can someone add the Hannah barbera stumbling sfxastrobstrd: @themightymightybosstones Your wish has been granted against my better judgment
- "this is the last time you make a fool of me in my own house god damnit"
- A post about a film.
- facts-I-just-made-up and metalheadadam get into an argument about helicopters.metalheadadam: I wish youd do some research before just spouting out any old crap. If you took two seconds just to LOOK at the picture, youd see that its not a mother and her newborn. You can tell from the size and position of the rotors that its actually a hunting male.
- MiniJenn, creator of Universe Falls, and her epic rant about Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July.This was a real fuckin thing that came out in 1979 and its exactly what you fucking think it is.
- "Does Mario ride you like a horse, or like a car?"
- Behold. A carrot.nayxmare: youve all failed me for the last time
- A discussion concerning Jesus and VeggieTales leads to a discovery.tanteistefan: Jesus is a carrot
- "You gotta make a statement! You gotta look inside yourself and say, 'What am I willing to put up with today?'"its-the-firebug: I used to think this was a really nice and inspirational quote. Then I found out he yelled this in the middle of a fit of rage while playing Sonic '06 in response to a game breaking glitch. And that his next words were "NOT! FUCKING! THIS!!!"
andrusi: tbh that makes it even more inspirational.
- A particularly funny Your Mom joke.angelamerkel: Im sorry that nobody in your family can bake
yeezyslides: my moms a private chef and im in culinary training dont roast us like this
angelamerkel: im sorry that your mom went to culinary school and still cant bake :(
- A stab against Detroit: Become Human has some unintended consequences... for The Room.
- Peter Griffin advertises beef jerky.samroadnote : I don't like how the second has the perspective of him grabbing my head and slowly opening his mouth to do his final "beef blast attack"
- It's always fun when Tumblr takes scenes from other movies and inserts things that people may have been thinking...Spider-Man: I'm Peter, by the way.
Dr. Strange: Dr. Strange.
Spider-Man: Oh, we're using our made-up names? Then I am Spider-Man.
Dr. Strange: ...
Caption: Ok listen here, u little shit, my goddamn name is actually Stephen Fucking Strange, and u better bet ur ass that I'm a real doctor too cuz I got an M.D., Ph.D, and was recognized for years as the top neurosurgeon in my field — u say anymore dumbass shit like that, I might as well call These Hands "Gwen Stacey" cuz ur gonna catch them real fuckin bad.
- How to Animate a Man and Dog Reacting to Plans to Investigate an Undead Werewolfs Railway Infrastructure
- Someone came up with a headcanon that Guardians of the Galaxy is nothing more than The Avengers playing a tabletop RPG, whereupon Bucky as GM endures untold amounts of trolling. Mostly from Steve. Especially Steve.Steve: My character's name is Rocket. He is a genetically engineered raccoon with a gun fetish. (gives Bucky a smug grin)
Bucky: (is done with Steve's shit already and the game hasn't even started)
Sam: (covering his mouth and laughing his ass off)
obsessiforgenote : Which means Natasha was the one who sat down and wrote out the longg, comprehensive backstory for her kickass space assassin Gamora, that Bucky keeps trying to work into the campaign, but they keep getting sidetracked by Tony, who just created what he sees himself as—the suave, wise-cracking space-vagabond—Thor, who needed a lot of help building his character and decided on a couple of easy to remember traits (strong, honor[able], doesn't get metaphors), and Bruce, who's actually too busy to pay full attention so any time Bucky asks what he wants to do he just says "I am Groot" and lets Steve decide.
- fave pics of junkrat
- A user tries to find out about art commissions.
- Sherlock is so groundbreaking with the way it shows Sherlocks deductions on screen!
- A still from The Matrix.zsnes: oh fuck you
- "thanks to doctor who for showing me the most fucking useless gravestone in the entirety of fiction"
- "Ive never seen a shit-eating grin performed by anything without a mouth before"
- Some girl just cries laughing at the headline "Life Sized Satanic Doll Serves As Masturbation Toy For America's Youth." Wait for it. (Complete with helpful captioning below!)
- big anime tiddies
- This post and the subsequent reactions.buzzlightyearhugecock: the world was so much darker before i tasted flesh
buzzlightyearhugecock: just so were clear, this was a post about the first time i sucked a dick.
celticpyro: This post was two consecutive sucker punches to the face.
curiooftheheart: Really three because I also had to read OP's name
- A post about the X-Men devolves into philosophical musings about Wolverine.roseverdict: There are three constants in life: death, taxes, and Wolverine.
- There's a blog called One Time I Dreamt, where people can submit whatever dreams they've had. Given the premise, plenty of the posts are hilarious on their own, but there seems to be a running trend of people forgetting to read the OP's name before reading the post. Hilarity Ensues.
- OTID made the mistake of showing a picture of herself. Cue hundreds of people freaking out that she looks exactly like something you'd see in your dreams.
- A story about nickelsnote .biggest-gaudiest-patronuses: nice to know that in a world full of change, tumblr still has no idea how numbers work
- "finally some good fucking historical accuracy"
- A user discovers some... rather glaring typos in Tumblr's account deletion warning.Hella Jeff: Are you sure you want to delet yor whole accont
Hella Jeff: Youll loes the everything
- The hilarious adventures of a high school production of Les Misérables.
- "Today is the day Amethyst fucking murders Dipper Pines."
- This whole chain of reactions, concerning a picture of H. P. Lovecraft and his extremely unfortunately-named cat.note greatpostsonline: lovecraft and his cat n-...
ummm...his cat's name was uhhhh...
this is a picture of HP lovecraft with his cat
robloxgf: what was his name
robloxgf: oh no
sighinastorm: (screencap from "With Apologies to Jesse Jackson" of the stunned crowd and scowling cameraman from Randy's appearance on Wheel of Fortune)
wynterroseskye: WHAT WAS HIS NAME?
wynterroseskye: OH NO!
lostqueenofhoshido: What was the cat's name?
the-quasar-hero: (screencap of a search for What was the name of hp lovecraft's cat...followed by a pic of a black man cringing and holding the paper a good distance away from his face)
treefrogsoup: it can't be that bad
treefrogsoup: Okay it was that bad
- An excerpt from Frankenstein, along with some commentary:shakescene: this is my favorite reply on this post because for a moment I forgot the creature kills victor's wife and i thought you were threatening me
- In recent memory, a Tumblr thread broke out concerning one of Steven Universe's most infamous episodes: "Pearl Hates the Irish".
- While doubling as a CMOA, there's this discussion about Hamlet and the tragedy of the confines of narrative.whopooh: The tropes are hungry and the hero is in the wrong goddamn story.
- "superman may have the power of flight and super strength but clark kent has the power of improv"
- An intelligent discussion on physics.
- Sophisticated as FUCK.
- Sometimes just-shower-thoughts goes too far.just-shower-thoughts: If a toy from Toy Story died, the kids wouldnt know, and the other toys would have to watch the kids play with their corpses.
- dankmemeasstronaut makes his ideals known.dingdongyouarewrong: what in the god damn hell are you talking about . this was a post about ikea
- What started as a simple post involving a car full of Dr. Pepper spun out of control right quick.chibiroboofficial: Okay I wasn't gonna mention it but have y'all seen the fucking Voltron rp going on in the notes
- Tumblr has decided that the most important .gif on the internet is the Signature Scene of The Sound of Music, wherein Julie Andrews twirls around while walking through the Alps...except it's been edited so that she's dual-wielding Uzis and spraying automatic gun fire in every direction before just dropping them.If the hills were alive, they aren't anymore.
- Someone notices Tumblr's taste in guys (tall, skinny, questionable fashion choices) and suggests that Mr. Mint should be everyone's new crush. It quickly spirals out of control from there.storygirl000: EVERYONE ABANDON SHIP, THE INTERNET'S GOING DOWN
- "this is why i cant fucking introduce kingdom hearts to my friends"
- The Tumblr blog "wtfbeatlescartoon" is dedicated to the absolute nonsense that was The Beatles' cartoon show, with some notable posts being:
- Discourse over a picture of a perfectly normal man walking down the street.For those who can't access the link...
- Someone needs help finishing an alignment chart.seizurecube: Wait a minute
- A typo on a meme causes a cavalcade of problems.araxoolie: Why is doges pet rat also doge
- Why millenials can relate to Team Skull:
- "Why are this persons slippers fighting"
- Someone inquires about one of the rides at Disneyland.aggressively-crying: god it was bad before and then it got worse
- "no one tell him"◊
- Anonymous asked: Tails screams like a man and organically reverses himself in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog? What the fuck are you talking about?
- The developers of the Oliver & Company game kind of messed up.hyratel: this sounds like the opposite of a problem
- Questions about a toilet seat.
- the only two places practically immune to vampires are texas and italylieutenant-sapphic: #never seen texas and italy in the same sentence before
- A while back, some rather concerning drama was developing revolving around a Tumblr user facing jail time due to being directly involved in the death of his friend, Reginald. Now, in any other circumstance, this would not be here. But, what winds up firmly putting the situation here is because of two key items: the severity of the situation was announced as a reblog of a Family Guy kin post, and also the fact that right at the height of the situation, one particular Tumblr user involved in the events decided to make a post about it.
- "do you think i would lie about high school musical for notes"
- Mario Tennis Aces sure is a delight.saladmandor: you fucking missed
- Here we see Sam Raimi talking about Spider-Man 3.
- A Tumblr user manages to have troubles in orange peeling.
- Remember those tubes you used to play with as a kid?
- i'm going to shatter you like glass
- There is an entire Tumblr blog dedicated to pictures that make you go "Hmmmmm..." Some notable examples of photos (along with how Tumblr users responded) are:
- "WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S THE BREAD"
- A man makes a call-out post about his wife.
- Tumblr user fucktexas decides to post spoilers for Avengers: Endgame.sputternutternote : Do we want ocean inbetween or just a rift in reality
- Tumblr collectively misses the point yet again.aloha-posts-stuff: You people concern me
- What is today's Beanie Baby?
- Tumblr user theonsdick, apropos of nothing, decides to post a clip of "Titanic".stayoutoftherain: I fucking hate this website
- Wrong answers only
- "when ppl tell me pineapple doesn't belong on pizza"heizerux: THIS is how we lost Verizon 1.1 billion
- I actually waited for the image to load...
- A Tumblr user has a frank discussion about one man and his questionable purchase.omny87: You really have lost control of your life.
- What started as a comic about an anonymous question resulted in art analysis, literary analysis, and cyclical thinking.
- Lokasenna, Tumblr edition.
- This picture of a cake with rather unfortunate decorations.
- Don't worry, he did.
- User I-Am-A-Fish is a generally positive and wholesome blog that will often bring a smile to your face. Also, they're a fish. The fish, while positive and wholesome, also have a few... strange quirks (they're a fish, after all), and certainly isn't opposed to knock some heads if the situation calls for it.Fish: If you have knees, you are validShabloskie: Homophobes have knees, thoughFish: Not for long.
- A 3D request of 2D.teratomatower: I uh
- A user by the name twentyonelizards had never seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show before, and decides to liveblog their reactions...twentyonelizards: local man born 30 seconds ago immediately begins elaborate song and dance routine about how he wishes he was dead. relateable content.twentyonelizards: I'm convinced Mary Shelley would have loved this.twentyonelizards: wait, what the fuck? what th fuck??
did meatloaf just drive out of a freezer????twentyonelizards: WITH A SAXOPHONE????twentyonelizards: frank-n-furter just murdered a man because only they are allowed to do solos. gotta respect that artistic integrity.twentyonelizards: "yes, I'm afraid so"
he tried it with BOTH of them???? what a fucking power move
- Someone did the math, and it turns out that each Tumblr user cost Verizon 2.89 dollars.drtanner: And I'd do it again.
- "things got a little heated in the gc today"
- Sout Park
- A group of Tumblr users converse about a questionable scene from a musical.
- Who is Venom.nose: wait fuck did the image have to be related
- I hope they went on to start their own boy band or something.
- You could even say the... Auntie-Christ?I'm sorry, what baby? Did you knock up a motherfucking LICH?!
Funny / Tumblr