- Doppler trying to convince the robot cops to let Jim go:Doppler: Pardon me, officers? Uh, if I might, er, interject here? I am the noted astrophysicist Doctor Delbert Doppler. Perhaps you heard of me? (Uncomfortable Beat) No? Uh, I have a clipping...
Constable-Bot: Are you the boy's father?
(Both Doppler and Mrs. Hawkins react very squickily to the suggestion)
Mrs. Hawkins: He's just an old friend of the family.
Constable-Bots: (In a unison, booming voice) BACK OFF, SIR!
(Doppler winces in reaction)
Mrs. Hawkins: Thank you, Delbert. I'll take it from here.
- A deleted line, when Jim's mother talks about how she had always dreamed of Jim opening the door with an animal he found, begging her to let him keep it. Then, the doctor opens the door to reveal Jim carrying a wounded Billy Bones.Delbert: In the dream, was the pet dead?
- Jim's mother turning to Doppler, expecting him to dissuade Jim from his idea of locating Treasure Planet:Sarah: Delbert, will you please explain how ridiculous this is?
Doppler: It's totally preposterous! Traversing the entire galaxy alone.
Sarah: Now, at last we hear some sense.
Doppler: That's why I'm going with you.
Doppler: (as he's packing his things) I'll use my savings to finance the expedition, I'll commission a ship, hire a captain and a crew!
Sarah: You're not serious!
Doppler: All my life I've been waiting for an opportunity like this, and here it is, screaming "Go Delbert! Go Delbert! Go!"Sarah: "Okay, OKAY! You're both grounded!
Sarah: Are you saying this because it's the right thing, or because you really want to go?
- The next interaction between Sarah and Doppler is funny as well. He tells her that a few months in space will be good character-building for Jim.
Doppler: (Looks pleading and sheepish) I really, really, really, REALLY want to go. (Becomes serious) And it's the right thing.
- The suit Delbert is wearing in the page image. Jim is shown trying his hardest not to laugh at the doctor and his ridiculous outfit.Delbert: (trying to start a conversation) Well, Jim, this should be a wonderful opportunity for the two of us to get to know one another. You know what they say, familiarity breeds, um... well, contempt. But, in our case—
Jim: (trying to keep a straight face) Look, let's just... find the ship. Okay?
Delbert: (glumly) It's the suit, isn't it? I should never have listened to that pushy two-headed saleswoman. This one said it fit, that one said it was my color... I didn't know what to do, I get so flustered!
- Mr. Snuff. He speaks "Flatula" otherwise known as fart noises as a form of communication. Delbert ends up having a conversation with him, as shown in the page image. Whatever he said, it made Mr. Snuff laugh.
- Captain Amelia's very dignified insult toward Delbert:Amelia: Doctor, to mule and blabber about a treasure map... in front of this particular crew... demonstrates a level of ineptitude that borders on the imbecilic. And I mean that in a very caring way.
- Then later:Amelia: And Doctor, again, with the greatest possible respect... zip your howling screamer.
- Then later:
- After getting chewed out by the Captain, Delbert and Jim mutually complain about how they don't like her, forgetting that Mr. Arrow, Amelia's incredibly loyal first officer and very close friend, is right behind them. Jim quickly dons an Oh, Crap! expression when Arrow shuts the two up.
- Morph imitating Captain Amelia in a high-pitched voice, when she says "Spaceport floozies", adding in a sort of hip-wiggling movement.
- Silver deciding to Troll Jim upon giving him his first job as cabin boy:Silver: Jimbo! I've got two new friends I'd like ye tah meet!
(Jim looks around on an empty deck to see no one else there)
Silver: Say hello to Mr. Mop (tosses mop and bucket to Jim) and Mrs. Bucket.
- Jim's confrontation with Scroop.
- Scroop: Cabin boys should learn to mind their own businessssss.
Jim: (smirking) Why? Ya got something to hide, bright eyes?
Scroop: (picks Jim up by his shirt) Maybe your ears don't work ssssssso well.
Jim: (squicks) Yeah. Too bad my nose works just fine.
- "Spider-psycho! Spider-psycho!"
- "A little uglier." "Heeheheahahaha!" "Pretty close."
- This little bit when Captain Amelia decides to use the solar wind shockwaves to escape the black hole's gravitational pull. After the crew's just gone to the trouble of tying up all the sails.Mr. Arrow: All sails secured, Captain!
Amelia: Good man! Now, release them immediately!
Mr. Arrow: (visibly confused) ...Aye, Captain! (turns to the crew) You heard her, men! Unfurl those sails!
Birdbrain Mary: WHAT?!
Moron: But we just finished—
Oxy: Tyin' 'em down!
Birdbrain Mary: Make up ya bloomin' minds!
- Delbert getting flustered after receiving a compliment from the Captain:
- Jim chasing Morph. This one's sorta debatable, considering the two scenes this one is set in between. But if you watch it in freeze-frame (aka repeatedly pausing), just try not to laugh at Jim's flying pounce.
- And in the beginning of the same scene, Morph—who is now in the form of one of Jim's rough-terrain boots—winding himself up and literally kicking poor Jim in the ass. Not even Jim himself could keep a straight face.
- And then the little Whack-a-Mole game Jim plays when Morph pops out of the grate as a miniature head of Jim saying, "You little squid!"
- Jim hiding in the barrel of purps, nervously giving one to Scroop so that he doesn't get found out.
- During the mutiny scene, we have Silver and Jim both trying to coax Morph over to them after he stole the map thinking it was a toy. The problem is, the poor little blob gets confused over who he should go to, and ends up diving straight into a rope coil instead.
- The priceless scene between Delbert and Amelia after Delbert strikes his target perfectly with his gun.Amelia: Did you actually aim for that?
Delbert: You know actually, I did.
Amelia: Doctor... you have... wonderful eyes...
- Just to make it funnier - as the three aliens fall to their death from the bottom of the ship, Amelia just raises an eyebrow and gives a casual look at them falling - the look screams "Oh, this is just a normal Tuesday!" and she looks as if she is bored fighting and killing pirates.
- And then there's this little bit.
Doppler: (With no hesitation whatsoever) She's lost her mind!
Jim: Well, you gotta help her!
Doppler: Dangit, Jim, I'm an astronomer, not a doctor! I mean, I am a doctor, but not that kind of doctor, I have a doctorate, it's not the same thing, you can't help people with a doctorate, you just sit there and you're useless!
- Before they board the Legacy, Jim is trying to sneak through the pirates' camp and B.E.N. nearly gives them away, "SO WHAT'S THE PLAN?!"
- "Disable a few laser cannons, what is the big deal? All we gotta do is find out one little wire- *cue tangle of wires* Oh, mama..."
B.E.N.: (covered in a tangle of pulled wires) Laser cannons disabled, Captain Jimmy sir! Jeez, that wasn't so hard!
- "BACK YA GO, YA NAUGHTY PLUG!"
- B.E.N.'s life is flashing before his eyes, and it's hilarious:
- When Jim theorizes about the whole planet being the mechanism and that the treasure is buried in the center of the planet, some of the pirates take him literally and begin trying to dig to the center of the planet.
- Ben: "I am not leaving my buddy, Jimmy!" (One seriously pissed off Death Glare later) "...unless he looks at me like that. ... BYE, JIM!"
- Dr. Doppler's trolling of the "brutish pirate" to get his gun:Doppler: EXCUSE ME...brutish pirate!
Doppler: Yes, you. I have a question: Is it that your body is too massive for your teeny-tiny head —(Amelia's eyes widen in an "Oh, Crap!" expression) — or is it that your head is too teeny-tiny for your big fat body?!
Pirate: (grabs Doppler) I pummel you good!
Doppler: Yes, I'm sure you will, but before you do, I have one more question. (steals the gun and points it at the pirate) Is this yours?
- Doppler driving the ship, with Captain Amelia attempting to help him. "Attempting" being the operative word.Captain Amelia: Go to the right! THE RIGHT!
Dr. Doppler: I KNOW, I KNOW! WILL YOU JUST LET ME DRIVE?!
- Even funnier, Onus screams, "We were better off on exploding planet!"
- When Silver saves Jim from falling, and therefore sacrificing his chance with the treasure, his line sells it.Jim: SILVER! You gave up??Silver: Just a life long obsession, Jimbo. I'll get over it.
- This frame of Silver.◊
- On that note, Silver's entire opening scene, where he makes no less than three dad jokes in the span of about five minutes.
Funny / Treasure Planet