open/close all folders
- In the first episode, Prowl's reaction to Optimus' 'cog-in-the-Autobot-machine' speech.Prowl: *Face-servo* Not this speech again...
- Ratchet's mouth hanging open when Sari repairs Prowl in the second episode.
- In "Transform and Roll Out", Optimus Prime asks Sari how humans make "these new, smaller organics" (i.e. babies). His reaction to what he hears is priceless.
- On a meta-level, it's funny that they killed Optimus off in the first episode and revived him within 75 seconds. All while homaging his death from The Transformers: The Movie. You can just imagine someone in the writer's room thinking "Alright, Optimus death and inevitable revival is out of the way. Moving on."
- "Thrill of the Hunt" opens with Ratchet and Optimus Prime checking out second-hand auto parts dealer shop. Ratchet displays his disgust at selling mechanical parts (they are living robots after all), while Optimus doesn't seem to mind as he understands that this must be some sort of human custom.Ratchet: It's primitive...it's barbaric...there ought to be a law against it!Optimus Prime: ...It's just an auto parts supply store, Ratchet.Ratchet: You mean they actually sell spare parts on the open market? What kind of malfunction would be crass enough to buy this stuff?Bumblebee: Hey guys, check out my new horn!
- Which then cuts to Bumblebee driving out of said dealer shop and trumpeting a Theme Tune Cameo on said new horn.
- Just about any scene with Blitzwing and Lugnut in it, but especially their first episode.Hothead Blitzwing: Careful, you copper-clad klutz! You stepped in something!*faceswap*Random Blitzwing: But with a few dancing lessons, you'll soon be as light on your servos as me, cha, cha, cha!Lugnut: Silence, Blitzwing! I did not follow this beacon halfway across the galaxy for DANCING LESSONS!
- There was a scene before that as well. Never has "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" been this funny.
- Don't forget Lugnut's unique devotion. It even annoys Megatron himself:Lugnut: I WILL NOT HIDE! I WILL STAND PROUDLY AND SHOUT MEGATRON'S NAME TO THE HEAVENS!Megatron: Oh, for spark's sake... Lugnut, you iron brained idiot. We don't need to attract any unnecessary attention...
- From "Megatron Rising Pt. 1", Starscream is in the middle of monologging to Megatron about how easy it would be to walk right in and terminate him in the state hes in. Then Bumblebee charges in directly firing at Starscream. Starscream doesnt even flinch and is more bothered by something else.Starscream: "You interrupted my SPEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!"
- In "Megatron Rising Pt. 2," Blitzwing is facing off the Autobots and has the upper hand. Prowl has Bumblebee employ his greatest weapon (his obnoxious personality) and continually talk smack to Blitzwing, who is strafing the Autobots in his jet fighter mode. This upsets Blitzwing, and causes him to switch to his Angry 'Hothead' persona and attack them with his even more heavily armed tank mode. Blitzwing has Personality Powers, but is also an Involuntary Shapeshifter, and his transformations happen about as quickly as his personality changes. It's only when he realizes that he hadn't landed first that he learns Gravity Is a Harsh Mistress.Hothead Blitzwing: YOU WANT HEAT?! I'LL GIVE YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE! OH SLAG! NOT AGAI-!
- From "The Elite Guard".
Starscream: Ugh! This day couldn't possibly get any worse![Megatron and Blitzwing appear before him]Starscream: I stand corrected.Megatron: STARSCREAAAAM!Starscream: Sorry, you must have me confused with some other Harrier jet!
- And then a little later from the same episode (especially considering that Optimus and Co have been spending several episodes trying to convince the Elite Guard that there are Decepticons on Earth):Sentinel: *Sees a crashed Starscream* What IS that thing?!Optimus: Huh, that's right, you've never seen one up close. It's called a "Decepticon".
- "Ohhh, I get it. You're afraid of me, aren't you? BOOGABOOGABOOGA!" "AHH!" The best part is probably Jazz's terrified pose.
- Newly immortal Starscream's death montage in "Mission Accomplished".
- "I will pound you into sheet metal!" *faceswap* "Wait, we've already got some!"
- The entirety of "Return of the Headmaster"'s Sentinel-schadenfreude.
- Sentinel [as Optimus fights the Headmaster, who has stolen Sentinel's body]: You're enjoying this, aren't you, Optimus?Optimus: [smirks while continuing to pound the Headmaster, which Sentinel can feel]
Sentinel: Uhhh, Optimus. Tell the organic Fanzone that he can send his police force home. It's a false alarm.
- In the Allspark Almanac databook, a self-serving diary entry from Sentinel Prime makes this even better. "Let me say that again. Optimus. Ripped. My. Arm. Off."
- From earlier in that episode, Optimus's reaction to seeing Sentinel Prime as just a head is gold. Hearing Optimus Prime of all bots laugh is just a great moment.
Optimus: How do you know?
Sentinel: I just know, okay?! Now I need you to come to my position. ALONE. And promise me one more thing...
Sentinel: That you won't laugh!
[cut to Optimus looks around the rubble for Sentinel]
Optimus: Sentinel? Where are you?
Sentinel: (quietly) Look down...
[Optimus looks down to see Sentinel's head severed from his body, a comedic cue plays as the camera pans down to the body-less Sentinel, and Optimus cracks up at the sight]
Sentinel: You promised you wouldn't laugh!
Sentinel Prime: Hurry it up, Optimus Prime! That boat, and my body, are getting away!Optimus Prime: Would you prefer for me to use you as a shield?! Actually, that's not a bad idea.Sentinel Prime: Now, now, Optimus, let's not lose our I-I mean youknowwhatImean.
- Also, "You kicked me! On purpose!"
- Sentinel gets a bit snippy, and Optimus can return in kind, even while fighting.
- In general, Sentinel attracts situations like this. His whole visit to Earth consists of him being haughty and then having bad things happen to him. Case in point, his first time out driving, he disrespects human traffic laws and discovers that they're there for a reason when he drives off an unfinished overpass, after having blown through the clear signs warning drivers not to go that way.
- Megatron giving Lugnut orders in "Garbage In, Garbage Out". Seeing how this is Lugnut....Lugnut: STASIS LOCK ITSELF COULD NOT DETER ME FROM YOUR GRAND, AND GLORIOUS PLAN, OH WISE AND NOBLE MEGATRON!
Ratchet: Will you get in already!?
- And earlier, Sari trying to teach Ratchet some manners:
Sari: Ah, ah, ah, what's the magic word?
Lugnut: Raargh! Those accursed Autobots will pay for their insolence!
- After Lugnut's failed Punch of Kill Everything:
Wreck-Gar: Right! [pulls out a smoking cash register] Cash, check or charbroil?
[Lugnut smacks the cash register aside.]
Wreck-Gar: Right! What kind of tack would you like? Thumb tack? Carpet tack? Income tack?
Lugnut: Argh, never mind
Ratchet: You glitch-head! You're gonna destroy the whole city! You wouldn't dare do something that stupid!
- During the final confrontation with Wreck-Gar:
Wreck-Gar: I am Wreck-Gar! I dare to be stupid! I will destroy the whole city!
Ratchet: All right, you've forced me to make the ultimate sacrifice; to do the one thing that requires more courage than anything I've ever had to do in my entire Autobot career! I... apologize.
Wreck-Gar: Come again?
- Heck, pretty much everything said or done by Wreck-Gar in the episode counts!
- After Ratchet saves Bumblebee.Prowl: I'll stay with Bumblebee.
Ratchet: Try to keep him quiet.
Prowl: You do realize this is Bumblebee.
Ratchet: Oh, yeah.
- Prowl's attempt at Fake Static at the start of "A Fistful of Energon." Jeff Bennett just nails it in making it so awkwardly out-of-place for Prowl, it's adorkable.Ratchet: Personally, I've always found Bumblebee's fake static to be a lot more convincing.
- Starscream and his clones.
- In the "A Bridge Too Close", we have the brief moment of Blitzwing trying to pick a fight with Omega Supreme.
- At the end of the Season 2 finale, Megatron in stasis cuffs and Starscream's detached head are stuck somewhere in space, unable to do anything but bicker:Megatron: Stop staring at me.Starscream: No. You stop staring at me!Megatron: Do you think I actually want to spend the rest of eternity gazing at your unsightly visage?Starscream: Trust me: your visage is no picnic either. And your face is ugly too!Megatron: Oh, someone just take me offline now...Starscream: What do you think I've been trying to do for the last four million stellar cycles?!?! AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It's funny, really, when you think about it. Tragic, but funny! AHAHAHAHAHA!Megatron: ...oh, shut up.
- Megatron and Starscream's battle of wills continues in the Season 3 premiere "TransWarped", where Starscream gets so fed up that he starts ranting about how Megatron got them into this mess: "Are you seeing a pattern here? THIS! IS! ALL! YOUR! FAUUUULLLLTTTTT!"
- All of Blitzwing in "Human Error". Even a horrible injury wont faze him for long.Blitzwing: "Oh, look! I have a hole in my rocket!"
- The recently humanized Autobots teaching themselves how to drive in "Human Error."Human!Optimus: I have to hand it to the humans. Driving is much more difficult than it looks!Human!Ratchet: This ain't so hard! [Camera zooms out to show that he's somehow driving backwards]
Human!Prowl: It's merely a matter of becoming one with the machi—AAAHHHHH!
- Followed immediately by Prowl having a decent control over his motorcycle... until he accidentally pops a wheelie whilst driving.
- The rivalry between Lugnut and Shockwave during "Endgame". Special mention goes to near the start of Part 1, when after some jibing from Starscream, Lugnut moves in front of Megatron punting Shockwave offscreen in the process.Megatron: Can't you shut [Arcee] up? She makes Blitzwing sound like he's got his head screwed on straight...Starscream: Y'see, now he even likes Blitzwing better than you. Hmm... *Shockwave meanwhile has walked back onscreen*Lugnut: *Slaps Shockwave back offscreen* NO! I am the most faithful!Shockwave: *Walks back onscreen* Have you blown a diode?! I'm trying to work here!
- Pretty much all of the shorts animated by Studio 4°C are hilarious. Here are some examples.
Megatron: An order that starts with a Decepticon-controlled Cybertron. *Gets up* And woe betide any who would seek to undermine my authority... *Walks toward Starscream as Lugnut, Blitzwing and Blackarachnia look on in horror*
- "Career Day" has Optimus Prime introduce himself to a group of schoolchildren, but one of them (Daniel Witwicky) keeps pestering him with questions like how he's able to see when in his vehicle form and where his head goes when he transforms. In addition, all the children really want from Optimus is to turn into his firetruck form.
- In "Explosive Fist", Lugnut keeps on punching the ground until it creates a huge empty pit. Blitzwing then comes over in his "Random" persona and tells him that he thinks the pool would look better over there, much to the Decepticon's annoyance.
- "Starscream Heckles Megatron", as its title would suggest, consists of Starscream making fun of Megatron behind his back while he's making a speech. Starscream avoids getting in trouble by acting innocent whenever Megatron turns around, but when Megatron catches him Shaking the Rump, Megatron blasts him in the ass!
- "Operating Table" has Sari help Ratchet perform surgery on Bulkhead. When Bulkhead recovers, he asks about the pile of leftover parts. Ratchet responds by shoving them down Bulkhead's throat, then walks off while whistling the Transformers theme song.
- The 2008 Botcon script reading "Bee in the City" is the funniest thing this troper has ever seen/heard, full of shout-outs and fourth wall breaks aplenty. Watch it here.
- The entire segment where Shockwave explains what happens when they face a cosmic-powered supervillain, including what the secondary characters do and Optimus Prime's reaction to it.Optimus Prime: Nnnnnno, we won't be doing that.
- Vangelus' entire performance as the "morally ambiguous" Transtech Shockwave is brilliant.
- The Lampshade Hanging and Hand Waving of Professor Sumdac having a different voice (being played by Marty Isenberg instead of Tom Kenny), where Optimus asks why he sounds different and Sumdac answers that he has a cold.
- The Hurricane of Puns involving Professor Sumdac's Bi-directional Unified Transit Terminal.
- The Hand Wave at the ending where Optimus, Sari, and Bumblebee agree to never speak of this incident again to explain why the crossover event is never mentioned or brought up in the actual show.
- The entire segment where Shockwave explains what happens when they face a cosmic-powered supervillain, including what the secondary characters do and Optimus Prime's reaction to it.
- Optimus Prime, behind you!