- Episode 6 of Rally Point is a special on the motion capture for the game. At around 7:20, the motion capture actors and the Roman Legionnaire models using their motion capture data start dancing to Gangnam Style.
- Through an unfortunate combination of Pilos helmets and old-dutch beards, the otherwise intimidating Royal Spartans bear an uncanny resemblance to ancient Greek lawn gnomes as pointed out by these two lets players (at 24:18).
- One of the game's many bugs at launch caused all soldiers in a unit to stare directly at the ground as they moved, giving off the impression that entire armies containing thousands of troops were scouring battlefields for lost contact lenses.
- There's an uncommon level of chivalry and good sportsmanship shown by units towards their enemies in this game. For example, an entire army of Spartans will calmly and patiently wait for the last man of an enemy unit to depart his landing craft before attacking. Should said last soldier be bugged and unable to figure out the vagaries of jumping off a boat, well...
- The eyes painted on the prows of warships give the impression of powerful beasts, don't they? Doubly so if said ships are currently tunnelling half submerged through the earth like ancient Roman land sharks.
- One possible line for when a Iceni spy succeeds:
- Creative Assembly asked for permission to share this fanvideo because they liked how funny it was.
- It takes absolute courage, loyalty, and stupidity for thousands of men to run into the front of a phalanx and not question the General who ordered them to do so.
- Anyone worth their weight in salt and having some common sense will know that CA really messed up badly if Angry Joe, one of the most prominent voices in the Total War Fanbase, is getting really angry and also laughing from having a good time making videos that clearly show the numerous problems with the game.
- With the Ancestral Update and the inclusion of family politics into the game, your characters can now unlock a vast array of political actions depending upon their ability scores, from bribery, slander, flirtation and even good old murder. However, the ability unlocked by having both high Authority and Cunning? Taking a vacation. It's one of the only political actions in the game with no downsides apart from the not insignificant bill for their R&R.
Funny / Total War: Rome II