As a Moments subpage, all spoilers are unmarked as per policy. You Have Been Warned.
- Cale accidentally crashes into the windshield of the Valkyrie and sees a beautiful woman inside the cockpit. He tries to play it cool by producing a rag from a back pocket and nonchalantly cleaning the windshield.
- It turns into a Brick Joke when Akima complains the crew risked their lives to "rescue the window washer."
- After Cale sarcastically states he's humanity's last hope, Preed dryly responds with, "I weep for the species."
- Additionally, just as Cale's waking up, Preed's smartass has this to say: "Is it dead? Can we eat it?"
- The cockroach-like cook at the salvage yard complains humans are "unsanitary."
- His death is straight up Bloody Hilarious. He's shot by a Drej and reduced to nothing but a glob of green goop and a pair of dentures (of all things). Even funnier is that the scene is presented in a way that makes it look as though the Drej killed the cook because of how annoying he was.
- It gets better: His Last Words ("Bullseye!") are delivered after he is shot, implying that it didn't even kill him, referencing roaches' reputation for being hard to kill.
- Also, the fact that he's a Sidekick Creature Nuisance, of the type Don Bluth used in many of his previous films. It seems even he was getting sick of these types of characters by this point.
- Cale's snotty attitude after Korso saves him prompts Korso to then decide to let the aliens go to resume kicking Cale's ass. Luckily, Cale manages to get away this time. Korso even comments to Tek that Cale's basically a douchebag before the Drej show up.
- This dialogue when Cale and Tek first meet Korso:Tek: It's time, Cale. It's time to stop running.
Korso: [spotting the Drej entering] Well, actually, I think it's time to start.
- How utterly calm Korso is as he says his line really sells it.
- The hallway exchange where Cale meets Stith, via her bumping into him and knocking on his ass in the hallway:Preed: Ah, the lovely and intelligent Stith. This is Cale. You remember Cale, don't you?
Stith: Nononononono! Cannot talk! We lost targetting on one of our aft gun turrets again! What, you think this is a pleasure cruise?!
Preed: Charming little thing. Weapons specialist. Normally, she's really good-natured.
Stith: [Loses grip on the huge box of tools she was hauling] OH, GREAT! JUST GREAT! THINGS AREN'T BAD ENOUGH! TOOLS ALL OVER THE FLOOR! ARGH!
Preed: Fight the good fight, precious!
Stith: Preed, Iíll kill you. Okay? I will kill you. (throws wrench across the hallway)
- Stithís continued ranting after this exchange is just as funny.Stith: I am educated and well-read, I am not a mechanic! I have my pride!
- Stithís continued ranting after this exchange is just as funny.
- The first thing Cale does once he's accepted the Call to Adventure and is safely on board the Valkyrie? Use his new status as the last hope of humanity to try to hit on a very unimpressed Akima.
- Korso's explanation of the hydrogen trees: "Clip one of those and we'll all be blown to steaming bits."
- Gune and his mysterious little doodad:Gune: Do you know what this is? Neither do I. I made it last night in my sleep. Apparently I used gindograc—highly unstable. But I put a button on it, yes. I wish to press it but... I'm not sure what'll happen if I do...
- Gune and Preed are supposed to be on the lookout for Drej while the rest of the crew are off talking with the Gaoul, but what are they doing instead? Preed is trying to shoot a bug with a cannon while Gune is fiddling with his little bomb.Gune: Preed! Aren't you supposed to be watching for the Drej?!
Preed: That's right, caveman. Drej bad, we good. Now go look at something shiny for a while!
Gune: Well, I think you'd better look again!
[Preed looks up from his gun and sees the Drej]
- For added humor, as they scramble up the ramp, Gune topples over.
- The entire Guards Must Be Crazy sequence, both for the movie and for fans of Science Fiction (particularly Star Wars) in general.
- There is no way that Joss Whedon wasn't involved in writing that section.
- Cale accidentally biting Akima's finger when she feeds him a sandwich, tossing some levity into the A-Team Montage of the Phoenix's renovations.
- When Stith and Akima are using the Titan's turrets to defend against the Drej, they start sounding less like desperate fighters protecting humanity's last hope for survival, and more like two really intense and excited kids at an arcade.
- This hilarious line by Gune:Gune: Who's your daddy?! Gune's your daddy!
- Planet... Bob. Helps that it's preceded by a great Gilligan Cut.