This is funny moments page for The Walking Dead comic.
- In the prison, a former drug addict claims that he was the cause of the zombie outbreak. How? He was in prison again, and prayed to God for help to get clean, and the next day news of the zombies broke. What makes it is how the next panel has Rick and Lori giving a Flat "What" look before Rick changes the conversation with an awkward Okay.
- While Rick and Tyreese are clearing out the prison, they enter the cafeteria expecting a horde of walkers to come rushing out at them... Only to see a mostly empty room with 4 guys sitting at a table, eating meat loaf.Prisoner: Hey, you guys want some meatloaf?
- Glenn's proposal to Maggie is equal parts heartwarming and Hilarious from the build up of Glenn asking to search female zombies to Axel and Tyrese's confusion to the proposal itself.Maggie:I don't know... can I think about it?Glenn: (Oh, Crap! face) ...Maggie: Oh, are you kidding me!? Of course I'll marry you! Gosh— I can't believe you couldn't tell I was kidding. I mean it's not like there's any other real options for me...... and... I totally love you dip shit! But seriously... going to a church isn't exactly an option. How are we going to 'do this? Do we just hold hands and walk around a table backwards or something?
- Kirkman lives up to his statement early on that aliens would enter the story in issue 75, with a joke story about how aliens were behind the zombies, and several characters both dead and alive have acquired superhero outfits and are fighting them...and the Governor has become The Quisling and now uses a kickass mech suit.
- There's something darkly humorous about Rick and Tyreese still taunting each other while both are lying in bloody heaps on the floor.
- This gem from Axel
- One random panel shows a zombie walking over a corpse and getting its intestine stuck in it, causing it to let out what appears to be a confused grunt before falling over.
- After the fight with Bruce at the Walmart Axel walks out asking what all the noise was.
- When Aaron shows up asking to talk with the group Rick and Abraham look at each other before Rick punches Aaron out.Abraham: Just so we're clear that was not a "Let's attack this man" look. That was a "Seems like an okay guy to me look." I'm confused.
- "Oh, by the way: Ezekiel has a tiger."
Michonne: You got to be fucking kidding me.
- And when Michonne meets them both, what is her reaction?
- The ending of "March to War", as the Saviors ask Negan what comes next:Negan: We're the big swinging dick of this world — have been for a long fucking time... but it seems people have been forgetting that. So now our big swinging dick is going to swing harder...and faster, until we take off like a motherfucking helicopter and blow all these motherfuckers away!(Beat Panel of the Saviors looking confused at one another)Negan: [Facepalming] *sigh* We're going to war.
Savior: (Returns Negan's barbwire coated bat, Lucille)Negan: Were you gentle? Were you kind?Savior: Yes sir.Negan: Did you treat her like a lady?Savior: Uh... yes.Negan: (dead serious) Did you eat her pussy like a lady?Savior: Well, I...Negan: (cheerful smile) I'm just fucking with you! A baseball bat doesn't have a pussy! Now get the fuck out.
- Hell, just about 50% of anything Negan says is a delightful mix of Psychopathic Manchild, Cluster F-Bomb, Refuge in Vulgarity and Crosses the Line Twice. He even trolls his own soldiers and guards:
- When Carl damages Lucille Negan goes on a rant about how he loves that bat and shamelessly confess that sometime he rubs his dick on it when he is alone.
- Not long after Carl is shot by Otis, he laments that he'll have a scar there. Sophia claims scars are sexy... and then they both admit that they have no idea what the word "sexy" means.
- In the letters column for an issue not long after Glenn's death there is a long, angry letter telling Kirkman how much he sucks for killing Glenn. And then we get to the end and see that the letter is from Steven Yeun, Glenn's actor from the TV show. Becomes even funnier once the show gets to that point and TV!Glenn almost gets Spared by the Adaptation.
(On Maggie and Sophia) "Now that's just precious. A mother and her child. Especially when the mother is WAY too hot to have a child that old... No way I can kill you."(On Carl) "What's the story of this future Serial Killer? Shit-fuck kid, lighten up! At least cry a little. I can't kill you before your story ends. Too fucking interesting."(On Glenn) "Not you... I'm a lot of things, but I'd never want to be called a racist. No fucking way. You're off limits."(On Heath) "Same. Race card."(On Michonne) "My, my... there's a lot of things I'd like to do to you, and killing you is at the absolute fucking bottom of that list. Still on it, though."(On Rick) "YOU?! How stupid do you think I am? You're practically INVINCIBLE. You're missing a fucking HAND for fuck's sake - AND you're the leader. What have these people seen you live through? I bet they fucking worship you! I'm not going to turn you into a martyr. The name of the game is breaking you in front of them. I'll slide my dick down your throat and make you thank me for it... then they'll all fall in line."
- Speaking of Glenn's death Negan's introduction is arguably funnier than in the TV show, since he constantly gives a Cluster F-Bomb barrage, and casually makes observations of all of Rick's posse, not just a handful:
- In #157, Jesus is there when Aaron wakes up after recovering from an injury, and out comes the revelation that there are quite a lot of Shippers on Deck for them.
- When Negan finally manages to get his hands on Lucille during his fight with Beta he starts enjoying himself a little too much. Dwight's reaction?Dwight: (while on the ground trying to throw off a zombie) God help us all.
- Pretty much the entirety of Issue 171: Fear The Princess. The title and cover art gives you a pretty good hint of what you're in for, but the actual character must be seen for oneself.Juanita Sanchez: I'M THE PRINCESS OF PITTSBURGH!