- Jimmy's first night started with a bang. Besides him and Will Smith chronicling a history of hip-hop dances (ala Justin Timberlake and his and Jimmy's "History of Rap"), and U2 performing on the roof of 30 Rock, we have a moment where Jimmy mentions a "friend" who says he'd never host the Tonight Show, saying they owe him $100. Cue Robert De Niro, Tina Fey, Joe Namath, Rudy Giuliani, Mariah Carey, Tracy Morgan, Joan Rivers (in her 1st Tonight Show appearance, of any kind, since being banned from the show in 1986; the ban was kept by Leno out of respect to Johnny Carson), Kim Kardashian, Seth Rogen, Lindsay Lohan, Sarah Jessica Parker, Mike Tyson, and Lady Gaga all throwing crumpled C-Notes on the desk, culminating with Stephen Colbert pouring a bucket of 10,000 pennies on Jimmy's head, ending with "WELCOME TO 11:30, BITCH".
- Brian Williams raps (transplanted from Late Night)Brian Williams: This is spooking me out, because there's a guy who, for a job, for months, has been sitting in an edit room looking at images of me and finding individual words. I have never said "hippity", never. And I know that he works here, intellectually, I have never met- like you have, I have never met him. If you're on my staff, I know your hopes, your fears, your dreams, I know all about your family, um... your staff, I imagine, is a much more, y'know, anonymous place-
Jimmy Fallon: (laughing) What are you talking about?
Brian Williams: You've told me, these are little people to you. (Jimmy laughs) But there's a guy who I've seen in the cafeteria, there's a guy who I've seen in elevators, who has looked at my face for a living, and it's spooky, it's frightening.
- And now, "Baby Got Back". If you listen carefully, you can hear the audience singing along on the "anaconda" line!
- Whenever Hashtag the Panda is brought out, a hilarious Overly Long Gag is in the cards as Jimmy and the band make the "bear" dance again...and again...and again.
- This bit after one "Thank You Note" about protein bars just being glorified chocolate bars:Fallon: (in jock tone) All I eat is protein bars!
Higgins: (also in jock tone) That's it, man. I eat Monkey Milk protein bars.
Fallon: Nothing but Monkey Milk protein bars. They're the best ones. You get Monkey Milk, that's the best protein bar.
Higgins: If you don't get it, you're a fool. You're a damn fool if you don't get Monkey Milk. You're a fool.
Fallon: Don't call me a fool! I'm just saying-
Higgins: What do you get?? Do you get Monkey Milk?
Fallon: I don't know what kind of protein bar I got.
Higgins: Ehhh, you should, if you don't know what's going in your body, then you're some kind of fool. I went to Cinnabon the other day, I got the tiny little ones.
Fallon: You do?
Higgins: Yeah, about eight, nine of 'em, squeeze them up in the tube, shove them down my throat, two- (cracks up) I figured I'd down the Monkey Milk!
- A spectacular Brick Joke: Hugh Jackman mentions in an interview that you should never let Aussies stay at your house, as "they will never leave," and he demonstrates by crashing on Jimmy's couch for a few minutes. The next night, Jimmy comes out for his monologue, and casually looks over to the couch. Sure enough...
- A truly spectacular Epic Fail on Jimmy's part: when he had Nicole Kidman on as a guest, she tells him the story of their disastrous blind date...in that he didn't realize that it was a date and had spent the night playing video games and eating snacks, accidentally ignoring her. He literally fell out of his chair as everyone cracked up. Both Patton Oswalt (the next guest after her) and Jude Law spent part of their appearances reminding him.
- One "In Reply To" had a joke about Chipotle. Steve asked Jimmy if he eats Chipotle in his new truck, and Jimmy got confused how you could eat a burrito one-handed while driving. Then he took the joke one step further by saying he gets a wearable trough and tells the cashier to "load it up". And he also pays without using his hands, by swiping his Google Glass. The absurd visual it puts in your head is hilarious.
- Wheel of Impressions with Kevin Spacey. Among some of the best highlights are Spacey's spot-on impression of Johnny Carson:Kevin Spacey: [as Carson] A lot of people are dressing up as ghosts and witches, goblins and vampires. But this year, Ive decided Im going as the scariest creature in the world: my ex-wife. [raucous laughter from everyone, including Fallon] Oh, and I scare the kids, too.
Spacey: (answering the phone) Yes? Most ridiculous sketch ever?
- ...or Spacey outdoing Jimmy in Michael Caine impressions.
- Spacey appeared on the show again and played Phone Booth. Pointing out how stupid (but fun) Jimmy's games are is nothing new (see Bo Burnham's takedown of Lip Sync Battle), but Spacey is so determined to point out just how stupid getting shoved into a phone booth with Keegan-Michael Key and Big Bird is.
- Christina Aguilera's eerily accurate impression of Britney Spears singing "This Little Pig".
- Jimmy trolls The Roots by convincing them into watching the Fifty Shades of Grey trailer...not knowing that he snuck in a Screamer Prank.
- When the show spent a week at Universal Studios in Orlando, Jimmy convinces some of The Roots to ride Dr. Doom's Fearfall. Hilarity Ensues and Damon cusses Jimmy out to high heaven.
- Jimmy and Steve talking about Monster Cables.
- Jimmy invites kids to write skits, with the prompt "Write what you think a film called Magic Mike would be about," and then invites Channing Tatum to do dramatic readings of said skits:Channing Tatum: [deadpan] "Yes, I am Magic Mike. I'm like regular Mike, except magic."
- Jimmy and Blake Shelton doing the Whisper ChallengeBlake Shelton: [after telling Jimmy the name Benedict Cumberbatch] That doesn't even mean anything!
- Similarly, Jimmy taking Blake out for sushi when he's never eaten sushi before. Blake is less than enthusiastic (especially since Jimmy throws in all of the more disgusting dishes, like sea urchins).
- The September 2015 Good Burger sketch, perfectly replicating the layout, style and humor of the original shorts while also bringing back stars Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell.
- The skit "Real People, Fake Arms" with Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels as burger restaurant employees. Of special note is the moment when Jeff Daniels gets Jimmy a shake, but the shake machine is so unexpectedly powerful that it blasts the cup out of Daniels's fake arms.
- Given Creed was about to get released, Jimmy would welcome it WITH ARMS WIDE OPEN, UNDER THE SUNLIGHT... (complete with Pearl Jam nod). And later guest Billie Lourd decided to join in the Yarling.
- In the 2/18/16 episode, Vince Vaughn observed how nobody has ever won against Jimmy in "Box of Lies". He became suspicious that everything Jimmy did during their interview was merely "info reading" to help him win the game. In a Moment of Awesome, Vince brought his A-game to "Box of Lies" and stumped Jimmy with his poker face and descriptions. The whole ordeal can be viewed here and here.
- During the "Whisper Challenge" with Carol Burnett:Jimmy: "Me Tarzan, you Jane."
Carol: Piss off...?
- When Eugene Levy was Jimmy's partner in "Pictionary", Jimmy had the phrase "cat got your tongue". Jimmy drew a cat and a tongue, and Eugene still couldn't quite get it.Jimmy: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! CAT TONGUE, CAT TONGUE, THE CAT GOT YOUR TONGUE, CAT GOT- THE ONLY PHRASE WITH THE WORDS "CAT" AND "TONGUE" IN IT! Mona Lisa! Mona Lisa!
Eugene: I would've got it!
Jimmy: A complete nightmare!
Eugene: Another ten minutes, I would've had it!
- "Kid Letters" from the 11/16/16 episode:"Dear little Jimmy, my name is Koen Chacoband, I'm in 5th grade, when I was in 4th grade I just started watching your show. It seems interesting. P.S.: YMG (Yo My Goodness) Nerds Rule! Stay in school. (Hey that rhyms!) #Pepperoni = Pizza = Life = Heavens of Awesomeness = GODS of Coolness = ...TACOS... (Give a evil look at the camera when you say tacos) Peace out, guard up, guard down, KOEN."
- One monologue joke in February 2017 was about a women's strike. Jimmy showed a clip of what a day without women would be like: Cue a clip from Vampire's Kiss of Nicolas Cage's character slumping down the street while moaning in agony, "OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
- Jimmy and Elijah Wood getting sidetracked in a deep discussion of The Bachelor when it is revealed that the latter is friends with Nick Viall.Elijah: I can't believe I'm having this conversation!
- Jimmy and Steve break down during "Thank You Notes" on 3/24/17:Jimmy: (doing Trump impression) Gazongas.
Steve: (laughing) Going down the tubers! (Jimmy laughs) Where's it goin'?
Jimmy: Goin' down the tubers.
Jimmy: Oh man...
Steve: That's the president!
(Jimmy tries to move onto the next Thank You note, but the music stops as he keeps laughing)
Steve: ...Of the UNITED STATES!
Jimmy: Oh my gosh!
Steve: Goin' down the... (laughs) (miming pulling a truck horn) Meep-meep!
Steve: What the F?! Unbelievable! This is REAL! (laughs)
- Steve's bizarre persona when explaining the rules of Egg Russian Roulette. Behold an example.
- Questlove's skepticism in "Do Not Play". He is convinced that all the tracks Jimmy plays are fake.Questlove: (while Becca Ann's "Who I Am" plays) It's one of the interns, man!
- Questlove and Tariq laughed so hard after the end of a sketch about appropriate voter dress code they start coughing.
- Much like the one they did for Black Panther, Jimmy sets up a hidden booth with Tina Fey outside the Mean Girls stage show, where assorted fans are recorded giving thanks to Tina with a Mean Girls poster for reference, only to be surprised by Tina herself. It goes along pretty well until Tina trips and falls out of the booth."I did a Carol Burnett pratfall! My heel got caught in my pants leg! (hobbling on all fours) I'm almost there!"
- Camp Winnipesaukee with Justin Timberlake, Keegan-Michael Key and Billy Crystal. Of note is Keegan's Large Ham delivery, and this joke when Billy Crystal appears late in the skit:Jimmy: You're twelve?
Jimmy: Why do you have a beard?
Billy: I didn't when the sketch started!
- Recurring guest Robert Irwin stopped by in September 2018 to show off some of the animals he works with at the Australia Zoo as he always does. However, this time the appearance coincided with Kevin Hart guest co-hosting the show and Hart proved to be completely terrified of the animals.Kevin: [in regards to a baby ostrich's chirping] You know what shes saying? I want some little black man. Thats what shes saying.
- Teaming up with Paul Rudd to remake shot-for-shot the video for "You Spin Me Right Round" by Dead or Alive.
Funny / The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon