Warning: Spoilers Off applies to this page. Proceed at your own risk.
Series as a whole:
- One must face it, having the former king renamed "Trash" and former first princess "Bitch" is funny all by itself.
- The manga makes it more satisfying by having Motoyasu attempting to white-knight Myne (now "Bitch"):Motoyasu: I don't care what everyone says I will always believe in you My...
Mirelia: [gives Motoyasu a Death Glare that makes him stop dead in his tracks]
Motoyasu: I mean Bitch!
- The look on Myne's face as it sinks in that yes, Bitch is now indeed her name and Naofumi's subsequent satisfaction are priceless!
- In the anime, the Queen herself has a moment where she forgets to call Bitch by her new legal name.
- The anime dub adds this little nugget of dialogue:Myne: My name's not Bitch!
Naofumi: It is now.
- The manga makes it more satisfying by having Motoyasu attempting to white-knight Myne (now "Bitch"):
- Naofumi versus an Orange Balloon (possibly the weakest monster around). At first, seeing it gnawing ineffectively at his arm, Naofumi is confident and punches it... Only for his fist to bounce back. So, he decides to go all out:"ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!"
I channeled my inner martial artist and pummeled the Orange Balloon with my fists.
Then, after five minutes...
It finally split open.
- To makes things worse, Ren passes by immediately after and casually kills three Orange Balloons with a single slash. The final strike to his confidence in his fighting ability comes when two more show up and Myne easily kills them with her sword.
- During episode 2 of the anime a Freeze-Frame Bonus reveals that Naofumi uses his Legendary Weapon's ability to absorb materials to clean up after giving Raphtalia a haircut.
- In the novel this actually unlocks a shield for him: The Raccoon Shield.
- The Slave Trader noticing that Raphtalia Is All Grown Up:Slave Trader: Still... I'm amazed you helped that scrawny bag of bones grow so much in such a short time. Even if she's not a virgin, she's guaranteed to fetch you twenty gold pieces.
Raphtalia: [Offended] I am a virgin!
Slave Trader: [Enthusiastically] Thirty-five, then!
Naofumi: [Pretends to consider it] Thirty-five gold pieces, huh?
Raphtalia: [Angry] Naofumi-sama!
- Because Naofumi has failed to notice Raphtalia's growth, he still orders her the same kid's meal as before. When Raphtalia objects, Naofumi states that despite her trying to act mature, he can tell she still wants one really. Her blush indicates he's right.
- After a race at Ryuut Village, Sore Loser Motoyasu insults Filo and gets kicked in the groin. The scene also marks the first time Naofumi has laughed since Malty's betrayal. He tells Filo that from then on, she is to kick Motoyasu whenever she sees him.
- In both the Manga and Anime, the kick not only occurs before the race, but the Lightning Dragon Motoyasu would ride was utterly startled by Motoyasu sailing over it!
- Happens again when Motoyasu flirts with Filo in her human form, and insults "the fat bird":Filo: [Transforms] I hate you spear guy!
Motoyasu: Huh? Y-You were that fat bir...?
- Even better in the anime: After the first encounter, he's wearing additional armor over his crotch, something Naofumi immediately asks him about. Said armor is completely ineffective and flies off when Filo kicks him again.
- Team Naofumi's encounter with the bandits in episode 6 is a big Humiliation Conga for the latter ones. First they end up being curb-stomped by Raphtalia and Filo, even with a class-upgraded fighter in their ranks. Then after they gloat and say they will walk away free once they mention it was the Shield Hero that caught them, Naofumi orders Filo to eat them. They immediately start begging for their lives and offer everything they have to Naofumi in order to be spared. Cut to a scene where they personally put their stolen belongings on Naofumi's carriage.
- Filo's reasons to try and get a gagocco's egg for Naofumi in Episode 7.Filo: If I take a rare delicacy to Master, I know he'll like me more and more. I'm sure he'll pet me, and brush my hair, and become my mate forever!
Raphtalia: B-become your mate?!
- Naofumi's deadpan and calm reaction when he suspects that Filo may have eaten Melty during episode 9.Naofumi: Okay, Raphtalia. We both saw nothing. Let's just burn the evidence and forget all of this ever happened.
- What makes it even better in the Original Sub, was the small and terrified little "Yes?" From Raphtalia just before he says that. It's the Voice Acting that sells it.
- Naofumi's reaction and subsequent response to Itsuki's self-righteousness in episode 10 is priceless.Itsuki: Someone needs to be taught that with great power Comes Great Responsibility.
Naofumi: [Does a Spit Take all over Filo]
Itsuki: What's so funny?
Naofumi: Oh, I just didn't know you'd been bitten by a spider.
Itsuki: Bitten by a Spider?
- Also doubles as Fridge Brilliance: In the web novel it is eventually revealed that all the heroes come from different realities, though the anime reveals this in the first episode.
- Episode 12: Glass referring to the other three heroes as Naofumi's "servants". The sheer indignation in the trio's faces before going ballistic at her in a temper tantrum is a sight to behold.
- Episode 21: When sparing Malty and Aultcray from execution, Naofumi frames it as Cruel Mercy and an opportunity to have fun at their expense.
- Malty is so thick-headed that she sincerely thinks that begging Naofumi for mercy would work, so Naofumi jokes that her neck is too dense to be cut off.
- He proclaims that their new names shall be "Bitch" and "Trash", respectively, and their expressions on their faces are priceless. This is made all the more hilarious by the fact that their expressions are framed by guillotines.
- Mirelia remarks that Malty often uses "Myne" as a adventurer alias, so Naofumi changes that to "Whore". The queen agrees, and solemnly proclaims that Malty's new name is "Bitch" with the adventurer's name of "Whore".
- After freeing a gigantic and incredibly powerful monster from the seal a group of past Heroes had trapped it into, Idol shouts that he was now unstoppable. The monster promptly stomps on him.
- Episode 22:
- It turns out the Queen is every bit a fan of Filorials (and Fitoria in particular) as her younger daughter.
- Malty's new name has yet to settle in with everyone else, as evident during the council meeting where both the Three Heroes and the queen stutter regarding using it properly and not the old name out of habit.
- The sheer outrage and panic that the "Old Man" blacksmith erupts into after Naofumi & Co commence a massive piracy-overhaul of his shield-stock after the latter discovers "Weapon Copy" the night before. The cherry on the top comes as he, begrudgingly, decides to put the combined prices for all of the shields Naofumi copied (read: all of them) on the latter's tab.
- Episode 23:
- L'Arc and Therese don't believe Naofumi he's the Shield Hero but a guy using the Shield Hero's name as an alias because they can tell at first sight Naofumi is a good guy... but the Shield Hero is a sadist manipulator with friends in high places that would execute anyone for him. Naofumi agrees that his description of the Shield Hero is not far off the mark...
- Naofumi is summoned by the captain alongside the other three Heroes, so he decides to tell them what he found out... Except the others are too seasick to listen to him.
- Then Filo starts kicking Sharks onto the ship. One lands on Motoyasu. Naofumi is merely surprised she can swim so well, much to Itsuki's annoyance and dismay.
- Filo's method of fishing is already funny on its own... But then the fish smell makes Ren's sickness worse.
- The other Heroes' faces when L'Arc shows up and informs everyone there's a storm coming.
- Once everyone's arrived at Cal Mira, Naofumi is musing on how Raphtalia wouldn't get seasick while the carriage gave her motion sickness... Then Bitch brings about Motoyasu, in a pose as if he was dead, with Bitch's movements (as her face isn't seen) showing she's completely done with this madness.Motoyasu: Th-This isn't what it looks like, Filo-tan! There's a reason...
- Habenburg, Cal Mira's governor, arrives to welcome the Heroes and bring them to their inn... Then Ren is brought about on a stretcher, and Habenburg states that for now he'll bring only Naofumi.
- Drunk Raphtalia. She even has Naofumi's expressions.
- Naofumi's inability to get drunk, eating berries known for their ungodly high alcohol content note .
- Motoyasu tries one of those fruits unaware of what it is... and falls over foaming at the mouth. All while Naofumi keeps eating them like peanuts.
- Therese decides that the bracelet Naofumi made her was so high quality, she gives him all of her money as payment. Naofumi asks if it was really worth that much, which she agrees. She says it's worth more than that and tries to get L'arc to give all of his money to Naofumi as well, much to his protests. Naofumi just dryly remarks how he'll put them on a payment plan.
- While Naofumi is thinking about exploring the submerged island found by Filo, Raphtalia arrives with a bikini hoping to impress him... and all he thinks about is how she'd be fine dressed like that if the immersion suit leaked.
- The fact said suit is a penguin costume with a Santa hat.
- Fortunately (for her) she thinks he's complimenting her looks and happily wags her tail.
- Ren desperately clinging to the mast of a ship for most of the Wave in terror because he can't swim. Coming from Ren, the expression of fear is hilarious.
- One from the manga only, sadly. Upon learning the Carmia Island has a Dragon Hourglass, and a Wave is due to come in a little over two days, Ren tries to bow out. When questioned as to why by the others, he shouts that of course he can swim, why would you even ask that? Completely deadpan, Motoyasu and Itsuki proceed to grab him, frogmarch him outside and toss him into shallow water to test the obvious conclusion. He's drowning in less than waist high waters.
- In episode 25, Glass being a mean drunk but being unable to fight because she's too drunk.Glass: What are you two thinking?! If we don't end Naofumi now— ulgh.
L'Arc: Save it for when you're not about to throw up.
- In chapter 42 of the Manga, when Queen Mirella is giving her thanks to the one who gave her the Idea to make the attacking Heroes Drunk, we're then treated to the silly sight of Risha, in her Squirrel Costume, straddling two Lucor Fruit Barrels and uttering her trademark ''Fueee''.Mirellia: Yes, the one who Gallantly clings to the Lucor filled barrel... That Person.
"That person": ''Fueeeeeeeee~''
- In chapter 44 of the manga, amidst the drama involving Itsuki and Rishia, Naofumi tries to confront a seemingly-perving (though innocent in this case) Motoyasu about what's going on, and when the accusations inevitably get flung about, Moto's response is along the lines of, "I wouldn't do such a thing! I'm not you!" Opening an old wound like that results in an absolutely unhinged Death Glare from Naofumi as Motoyasu immediately stumbles and takes his words back.
- In Chapter One, we have Raphtalia accidentally eating all the Cooked Fish and trying to catch one bare-handed... Only to get it down her Tunic.
- While that was happening, Naofumi was "ambushed" by an Orange Balloon, an Usapill, and a Mush, the former trying to take revenge... And didn't even wake him up. By the time Naofumi gets up and finds Raphtalia, he's being dogpiled by Monsters, who are doing Zilch to Naofumi.
- Let's not forget that while Naofumi was asleep, he dreamed of the Three Heroes approaching him, seemingly raring to take something from him... Only to start petting him. That not only wakes him up, but his expression also terrifies the Balloon that had been trying to maim him!
- Let's not forget the part where they got food poisoning from eating poisonious Mushrooms.
- In chapter 2, we're treated with Gems like the Innkeeper being given the Side eye for teaching Raphtalia Table Manners ''alone'', Ren accidentally getting pelted with Tomatos and Ren's party revealing how Ren keeps getting lost in the weirdest of places, and the Innkeeper questioning Ren's actual age.
- Not to mention Ren forgetting to keep track of his funds, and having his party pay for the Room and Board anyway... After telling them not to expect ''him'' to pay for everything.
- In Chapter 4, the Group runs out of money. When Raphtalia asks why, we're treated to the sight of a Stuffed to the gills Filo looking proud of herself.
- In Chapter 5, we're treated to the sight of the Gagocco Hen having this Hilarious WTF Face as well as her flying away with the nest.
- In chapter 6, we're treated to a retelling of the events of the Fight with the Zombie Dragon and Naofumi unlocking the shield of rage from Raphtalia's point of view... Before Filo interrupts and asks how Naofumi returned to normal, causing Raphtalia to wake up.
- What makes it better is that just after Raphtalia wakes up, Naofumi immediately starts fussing over her, making her think she's still dreaming, to Naofumi's Chagrin.
- After Naofumi heals a Young Girl off the Parasite plant, Raphtalia can be seen glaring at the Girl.
- Apparently, Naofumi has a habit of announcing the presence of Monsters like how it would in a Videogame.
- In Chapter 10, we're treated to Naofumi trying on his new barbarian armor, and Filo giving Naofumi sunglasses and asking him to "Ride her". And that's Before getting to the flashback sequence.
- Chapter 79 has Naofumi meet the guard whose clothes he signed earlier on. He finds out they were stolen from fanatics from Silt Welt and shakes his hand in apology, but then worries if they'll steal the guard's hand next after he touched it.
- Chapter 197 of the web novel. When Naofumi and co. finally corner a curse series afflicted Ren, he keeps pointing out how the latter is acting like a Chuunibyou. Ren was already trying his damnedest to be a cool swordsman prior to this, now he seems to be trying a bit too hard.
- The end of chapter 216 has Naofumi chased by an "army" of Filorials Queens that Motoyasu hatched, and has to be rescued by Firo. The succeeding chapter 217 has him refer to the whole incident as something "straight out of his darkest nightmares".
- Naofumi's reactions in chapter 217. He stumbles upon a meeting consisting of Filo, Melty, and some other Filorials discussing how to win his affections. A few days later, even Atlas and the other slaves join in on a discussion about Naofumi's "preferred type".Naofumi: They plan to conquer me!? Cut the crap!
- Chapter 218: Kiel really likes Naofumi's crepes.
- Chapter 233: A brief one. Naofumi needed a moment to remember what Witch's original name was, since he had used her Bitch/Witch alias for so long.
- Chapter 347: To get back at Naofumi for rubbing in how much responsibility she has as the new Queen, Melty makes him Archduke/Royal Magistrate of Melromarc. This backfires spectacularly when Trash reveals that this means Naofumi is now legally obligated to marry her as the former did with Queen Mirelia.
- Chapter 376. On the day of Naofumi and Raphtalia's wedding back in his world, the reincarnated Atlas tries to steal him away from the altar, leading to a Lover Tug-of-War. All the while his family, friends and the priest curse Naofumi for having two beauties fight over him. Even Naofumi has to laugh at the craziness.
- Chapter 377. Naofumi takes a good hard look at the "God Tree" to see that it's actually Kiel's crepe tree having grown enormous from time passing. He's still just as tempted to burn it down as he was centuries ago.
- There's a heavy implication that Kiel's descendants are just as crepe-crazy as her, having created an entire religion around caring for and protecting the now-giant crepe tree.