- The whole scene when Joanna obsessively goes after McLeach's eggs as he tries to make an omelet as seen here. Particularly the end, where he seemingly outwits her and gloats."THESE ARE NOT JOANNA EGGS!"
- The fact that he keeps his eggs in a toolbox.
- When Joanna opens the box and takes another egg, he moves it to the other side. Then she tricks him into moving it back over to her. Especially funny is McLeach's expression when he hears the box open and close again after moving it back to the other side.
- There's something funny about him gloating to Joanna that he's significantly smarter than she is and she's essentially playing with fire (which she is, but not quite how he's meaning it) by trying to outsmart him. Cue him opening his egg box and finding that she's outsmarted him enough to nab EVERY SINGLE EGG.
- McLeach's delightfully twisted and hammy rendition of "Home On The Range", as sung through a poacher played by Patton. The cheery "EVERYBODY!" just cements it, and then he starts honking the horn."Home, home on the range! Where critters are tied up in chains! I cut through their sides, and I rip off their hides, and the next day, I do it again!
- There's also his singing "The Crawdad Song" when he's about to feed Cody to the crocodiles, dancing on the way.
- The scenes with the imprisoned animals. Frank has to be led through the entire thing, like he's Dora the Explorer. Krebbs is especially funny, because his wisdom creates a nice contrast to this.Krebbs: Double or nothing, he's caught in five minutes.
- Especially funny is the chase scene between Joanna and Frank.
- McLeach pretending to be worried when Cody said his mom will call the rangers if he doesn't return home.McLeach: Oh no, not the rangers! What'll I do? What'll I do?! (on his knees) DON'T LET YOUR MA CALL THE RANGERS, PLEASE!! (throws Cody's backpack to the crocodile-infested river) "My poor baby boy got eaten by crocodiles! Boo-hoo-hoo!" Ha! (grabs Cody) Let's go, boy!
- "I didn't make it all the way through third grade for nothing!"
- Joanna playing dead after McLeach lies to Cody that Marahute's dead.McLeach: It's over, boy. Your bird's dead. Someone shot her, shot her right out the sky! [makes a shooting gesture] BANG!
- Bernard's proposal ring falls out of his pocket and onto the floor and he crawls after it. The ring rolls under another table and Bernard peaks under and sees the ring on the foot of a rather fat, snobby female mouse. As Bernard discreetly removes the ring off the lady mouse's foot, the lady mouse scowls, thinking her date is playing footsie with her, and she slaps him in the face.
- McLeach discovering the surprise Bernard led into his truck:McLeach: (falsely cheerful) Joanna!Joanna: (eagerly rushes to him)McLeach: (still seemingly soft) Did you know there was a razorback in my truck? Did ya?McLeach: (increasingly angry) Did ya? THERE WAS A RAZORBACK IN MY TRUCK! Now you quit playin' around and do your job, you four-legged python!
- The moment when Joanna notices the mouse in Cody's backpack and pounces on him, causing McLeach to fall into the hole. Especially funny is when he crawls out, officially pissed off. The way he pumps his shotgun and aims gives you the feeling that he is absolutely going to do it.McLeach: I'm gonna kill her. I'M GONNA KILL THAT DUMB, SLIMY, EGG-SUCKING SALAMANDER!
- The scenes with Wilbur in the mice hospital. Especially when the mouse doctor orders the nurses to prepare a sedative, and Wilbur protests...Mouse Doctor: Now, Mr. Wilbur, you really must relax.
Wilbur: Relax? I've never been more relaxed in my life! If I were any more relaxed, I'D BE DEAD!!!
Mouse Doctor: I'm not convinced. (To his nurse) Sixty milligrams!
Nurse Mouse: Sixty milligrams! (Fills the needle and loads it into a shotgun)
Wilbur: Hey, wha? Are you guys crazy? You can't do that to me! I'm an American citizen, buddy!"
Mouse Doctor: Better double it!
Nurse Mouse: Double coming up! (Fills another needle and loads into the shotgun)
- You get a loving shot of them aiming it - via shotgun! - at Wilbur's posterior while the albatross is hollering that he has to be dreaming and begging himself to wake up. Then they nail him right under the tail. It's just as painful as Wilbur and the viewer imagine.
- When Wilbur wakes up from the sedative the next day.
- And the Expospeak Gag involving "the epidermal tissue disruptor".
- What makes all this even funnier is that the doctor mice are so used to this reaction that they have a blinking PATIENT ESCAPING sign.
- The whole escape scene:Mouse Doctor: "We must return you to the operating table!"Wilbur: "YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!"
- After they pull Wilbur back inside (coincidentally straightening his spine), he lands on the doctor, who now needs surgery himself.Mouse Doctor: My back! (his back cracks)
- McLeach's Disney Villain Death. He thinks he's scared off the crocodiles, gloats at them, completely unaware he's about to go over a waterfall until the last second. Bonus points for Joanna waving goodbye just moments before.
- Joanna's attempt to eat the fake eagle eggs. It doesn't work out the way she thought it would.
- The final scene of the movie: As everyone flies off back to Cody's house on Marahute, it cuts back to Wilbur, who is still on Marahute's nest, who gives us some funny offscreen dialogue.Wilbur: HELP! Anybody! Bernard? Bianca! WHERE ARE YOU?! Okay, that's it, I'm outta here! This is ridiculous! You can't leave me alone! Hahahaha! I'm gone! I am GONE! Whew! [The sounds of eggs hatching and chicks chirping] Oh, no. Stay in those eggs! That's a direct order! Oh! (To one of the chicks) Hey! You're kind of a cute little fella. Coochie-choocie-coo [We hear the sound of the chick biting his finger] YOW! WHOA! Ooh! (groans)
Funny / The Rescuers Down Under