- Marjorie's first appearance is her look at her family with exhaustion and stating "Man I got a lot of kids." When she sees Ronny she instantly brightens up, declaring "Oh look, there's one I like!"
- The various "gays" that Ronny's family track down in order to show Ronnie that they accept him.
Gerard: You remember Philip from church?
- Gerard brings a guy from the church choir.
Gerard: But, did you know he was gay?
Ronny: I had a hunch.
Philip: I'm actually not a practicing homosexual. The church says I can have gay thoughts so long as I don't act on them.
Ronny: How's that going for ya?
Philip (smiling): It's a struggle.
- Marjorie's guest is actually straight, but she thought he was gay because he's a nurse.
- Sean brings a lesbian because they're all he meets at basketball camp.
- The family stalking Ronny on his date in a flashback.Ronny: Mom, what are you doing here?
Marjorie: You told me your date's name was Henry. That's a murderer's name! A murderer's name!
- Apparently she also confused "architect" with "psychopath".
- The family's complete inability to say I love you, replacing it with "warm wishes" and "to you and yours" when forced to say goodbye to a dying relative. Later they make a drinking game out of it, where the person who can't get through without cracking up has to drink.
- The entire family thinks that Ronny's boyfriend's family are in a cult simply because they smile too much.
- Sean and Gerard are fighting over food, and Marjorie is forced to give two grown men a sharing poem.Gerard: We've had to share everything, even the womb! Look at you, you stole all the nutrients.
Marjorie: To be fair, we're pretty sure you got all the oxygen.
Sean: She's right. I'm not very good at blowing balloons.
- Jackie attempts to make pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving
- Her first attempt results in just one small clump of filling because she miscalculated the measurements
- Her second attempt has to be thrown out because she added lotion to the filling
- Her third attempts ended up with liquid filling but they were able to salvage it by serving it as soup
Funny / The McCarthys