- Alejandro's first "fight" with Don de la Vega after de la Vega keeps him from fighting Captain Love. It last all of about 20 seconds.de la Vega: You would have fought very bravely and died very quickly.Alejandro: I'd have found a way. I've never lost a fight!de la Vega: Except to a crippled old man just now.
- When de la Vega is first training Alejandro, Alejandro whips his sword around in several fancy-looking movements...then de la Vega simply knocks the sword out of hands with one swipe.
de la Vega: (referring to Alejandro's sword) Do you know how to use that thing?Alejandro: The pointy end goes into the other man?de la Vega: This is going to take a lot of work.
- Also this scene:
- Zorro pretending to be a priest and hearing a Confession. He gets the Ten Commandments wrong.
Elena: I broke the Fourth Commandment.Alejandro: You killed somebody?Elena: No, that is not the Fourth Commandment.Alejandro: [Beat] Of course not. What did you do to break the most sacred of Commandments?Elena: I dishonored my father.Alejandro: That's not so bad. Maybe they deserved it.
- He doesn't just get them wrong - he has no idea which is which or what most of them are.
- Perhaps some of Don Vega's education of Alejandro included some Japanese texts.
- The sword fight between Zorro and Elena. More specifically the hilarious Shameful Strip Zorro subjects Elena to that was pretty much the money shot of the entire marketing campaign.
- Alejandro as Don Alejandro is such a delightful jerk, it's hilarious.
- Alejandro getting a lot of enjoyment out of trolling Captain Love.[Alenjandro walks over to Elena and Love on the dance floor]Elena: Yes, were you looking for something?Alejandro: A sense of the miraculous in everyday life.Captain Love: [bemused] Really? Well, why don't you try looking somewhere else? The lady and I are trying to dance.
Funny / The Mask of Zorro