open/close all folders
- At San Diego Comic-Con 2011, the crew presented pictures of the metalbending police officers and arrives at Lin Beifong:Michael Dante DiMartino: And then, so, Toph's uh... this is Toph's daughter. Chief Beifong... And she's uh, she's the Chief of Police of Republic City and uh, in charge of all those Metalbenders.
Crowd: Who's the father!?
Mike: I don't know what you're yelling but we gotta keep moving.
- Additionally, here is Colin Heck's response to a fan asking for the identity of Lin's father.[after his rant] Also, Lin's dad is Azula. It's really complicated.
- The screenshot Bryan added to the bottom of that is pretty amusing, also.
- Book Four finally reveals... it was a man named Kanto, whom the audience has never even heard of before. Well played, Bryke.
- Additionally, here is Colin Heck's response to a fan asking for the identity of Lin's father.
- The goofy faces from the first series make their triumphant return. Aang taught Tenzin well◊.
- Know that "bender" is British slang for a gay man (probably why the British version of A:tLA is called Avatar: The Legend of Aang instead). Now listen to everything the Equalists say about "bender oppression". Try to keep a straight face.
- Bryan Konietzko's response to Episode 4 being leaked on the internet.
- For that matter the picture he made in response to a particularly infamous animation error that made it into episode 6 and ended up being reused in episode 9.
- In response to a particular "brutal war in the fandom" (hinted to be related to Mako), Bryan had this to say on TumblrBryan: Let's all just pretend I drew a really funny comic about that and posted it just now. And we laughed. And it brought us joy. And the fandom hugged it out.
- Steve Blum of all people telling Amon jokes at a con! Part of what makes this hilarious / awesome is how Steve just smiles and nods at the beginning, and then implies that he is aware of Comedy Amon.
- Bryan's use of a certain meme to announce the additional Korra seasons.
- Steve Blum and Dee Bradley Baker showing up at Comic Con 2012. They weren't part of the panel, but showed up anyway in the audience. They revealed themselves by briefly heckling the co-creators about their characters' deaths.Dimartino: We loved you guys. Sorry we blew up the boat.
- Bryan requested on his Tumblr that someone animate Mako doing the dance portrayed in this video. The chorus for that song roughly translates to "Why am I like this?" The fandom had the same question about Mako in the first season.
- Janet Varney (Korra's voice actor) freaking out/fangirling over Asami, evidenced with clips from the show here.
- Bryan Konietzko dressed up as the Carrot Spirit.
- Janet Varney tried to publicize a kickstarter project that is something different from this show, and how does she do it? By showing a crazy version of herself who actually thinks that she's Korra.
- To some, the fact that airbending badass convict Zaheer is voiced by Henry Rollins, better known as Mad Stan from Batman Beyond, especially when one remembers all of the "Korra is Batman" jokes from way back when all we had was one teaser image of the series.
- As sad as the ending of Book 3's finale was, which depicted Korra shedding a tear out of grief, Bryan Konietzko ruins the moment by posting the hilariously simplistic storyboard of the scene on his tumblr.
- In case you were wondering where Prince Wu got his moves...
- PJ Byrne gets the last laugh - literally!
Finale Reactions and Related Meta Moments
- From Bryan Konietzko himself in his post clarifying Korra and Asami's relationship: "I have bragging rights as the first Korrasami shipper (I win!)."
- From the same blog post, he explains why he doesn't see them getting together as "caving in to the fans", but admits that Tahno's cameo totally was.
- When Bryke were wondering how, or even if they could show Korrasami, Bryan realizes they were basing their thoughts on supposed unwritten rules, and that nobody had thought to just ask.
- Season 1's love triangle is Hilarious in Hindsight now that Korra and Asami are canon. Especially Korra's line:Korra: Besides, he's all into that prissy, beautiful, elegant, rich girl.
- Combined with Hilarious in Hindsight is Janet Varney's commentary on the first season's DVD, gushing over how pretty Asami is.
- This gifset came out in Season 1 was simply funny in a Crack Pairing sense (like a lot of the S1 fanart,) but gains new levels of hilarity in light of the Grand Finale.
- Several months after Korra production ended, Bryan posted to his tumblr complaining that he still can't stop drawing Korra.