- The scene where the guerrillas are fighting in the banana tree, and one of the guerrillas keeps getting hit in the head with ejected casings from his buddy's assault rifle.
- Land Rover hanging from a tree. Must be seen to be believed."What the hell did you do that for?!"
- "Do the noises in my head bother you?"
- "It's just an interesting psychological phenomenon." Doubles as a Heartwarming Moment.
- There's also the part where the guerrillas are first barging in on the Prime Minister's cabinet to assassinate him. They kick open the door to gun him down, but it immediately swings closed in their faces.
- Although it's a sobering and even serious scene, there's one especially funny moment where the guerrillas' leader orders them to make the captive children (and Sam) walk in a circle shape. The guerrillas complain that they keep walking in a square. So the leader relents and orders they walk in a square.
- Never before in film history has attempting to load a bazooka been more hilarous.
- "...I'm making coffee."
- "I'm teaching [Xi] to drive... just for the hell of it!"
- The narration itself can be pretty hilarious. Of special note is the description of "civilized" life, in which everyone has to spend huge portions of their day looking busy. The tone of the narrator is what really sells it.
- Getting into a car just to drive to the end of the driveway to the mailbox, then driving back with the mail.
- From the second movie, Those Two Bad Guys:
- Attempting to hide from a sniper by running behind the same tree, repeatedly.
- Trying to move while tied back to back.
- Wondering what else she keeps in her bag.
- Timi: I don't want you. You're a...you're a shitty prisoner!
- The tenacious honey badger.
Funny / The Gods Must Be Crazy