- Nick and Elizabeth's first conversation.Elizabeth: Listen, I never hitchhiked before. I just really want to be careful. Can I ask you something?Nick: Sure.Elizabeth: Are you weird?beat.Nick: Yes, I am. Yes, I am weird.Elizabeth: You're weird? Thank God you're weird. The last one was so normal it was disgusting.
- Nick then reminds her she said she'd never hitchhiked before. She clarifies "not before last week".
- This exchange:Kathy: Better get the estimates ready for the council meeting next month.Sandy: Yes, ma'am.Kathy: Sandy, you're the only person I know who can make "Yes, ma'am" sound like "Screw you".Sandy: Yes, ma'am.
- Sandy continues the deadpanning when they visit Father Malone. There's no answer at the church door, and Sandy remarks "not a good sign". When they find the church empty, she notes that it's "another bad sign".
Kathy: Are you going to give the benediction tonight, Father?Father Malone: Antonio Bay has a curse on it.Sandy: Do we take that as a 'no'?
- And after Father Malone has read from his grandfather's journal.
- Nick and Elizabeth take a car ride together and hop into bed before they finally ask each other's names.
- Despite Stevie's penchant for Audio Erotica on the radio, she turns out to be just like any other mother who gets unceremoniously woken from her planned lie-in thanks to an overexcited child.
Funny / The Fog