- The following dialogue:Low: Brink, you have been dead for several hours.
Brink: You Americans. Always exaggerating.
- Brink's insults to the spider are priceless.Brink: Come here, you phlegm-carapaced slime-faced mucus-brained furry-legged abductor of luminously intelligent but pulchritudinous Earth women!
[notices that Low hasn't moved]
Brink: Low, you idiot! Why are you standing there?
Low: I'm still trying to figure out what you said.
- When first talking to the Cocytan Scientist, some of the things Low says are hysterical.Low: He's very tall. Or I'm very short.
Low: I wish I didn't keep thinking of the term "bite-size."
Low: Please be friendly. I hope you're friendly. I'm certainly friendly. Let's all be friends.
Low: If all I wanted to do was stand around and shout nonsense at somebody, I could have run for Congress!
- Boston's frustration at his predicament finally boils over in the power room:Low: Ten to one it's the power source to this place. All I need to do now is to find the light switch.
Or the plug. Or the fusebox. Or whatever makes this thing work.
An instruction manual might help!
Maybe a map. And I could use a sandwich. And a hot jukebox and a cold beer! Or just a starship headed for home.
[sigh] Get a grip, Boston.
- When Lownote talks to Robbins directly (i.e. not via the communicator) about Brink, shortly after the latter has run off, the following dialogue will occur:Low: Have you seen this boy?
Funny / The Dig