- The fashion industry being a World of Snark.
Miranda: Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking.
- Miranda dismissing her staff's (not-so-bright in this case) ideas.
- Emily, stressed and ill, gets tired of Andy talking:Emily: I am hearing this (opens and closes thumbs and fingers) and I want to hear this (closes them).
- Even funnier that Emily Blunt improvised the line having heard it in a supermarket from a mother to her young daughter.
- Miranda dismissing the weather in Miami as a drizzle just as the window lights up with lightning and gyrating palm trees.
- Some of Miranda's ridiculous demands.Miranda: Find me that piece of paper I had in my hand yesterday morning.
- Andy takes her very first phone call on the job and gets hung up on when she asks how to spell 'Gabbana'.
- Any time Emily's frosty aloof exterior cracks. Two notable times are seeing Andy after her makeover and when Andy tells her how thin she looks.
- Lilly insisting she cannot accept the $1900 Marc Jacobs bag while she is busy filling it with stuff from her current bag.
- Nigel thinks that the quality of one's social life is inversely proportional to the quality of one's career.Nigel: Let me know when your whole life goes up in smoke. Means it's time for a promotion.
- Eventually even Andy gets into Deadpan Snarker territory.Nigel: But we're not expected until Tuesday. Did she say why?Andy: Yes. She explained every detail of her decision-making. And then we brushed each others' hair and gabbed about American Idol.Nigel: I see your point.
- The dig Miranda gets at Rupert Murdoch for how many papers her personal life helps him sell.
- Emily somehow knowing that Miranda is calling for Andy when she actually calls for "Emily".
Funny / The Devil Wears Prada