Honest Reviews from The Blockbuster Buster
- ERod tells about that the day he first went to see the movie at the theatre:ERod: Oh, yes. I remember it like it was yesterday. After about a year of attending college in Tallahassee, and barely making money enough for rent every month, I finally managed to scrape enough money together to go to the movies. And right as the Children of the Adam were about to risk their lives yet again for the people who fear and hate them... [BLACKOUT] Some motherfucker pulled the fire alarm. I don't know who did this, but if you're watching, I hope that in the Afterlife you're forced to watch the Twilight movies for all eternity. You inconsiderate prick.
- Favorite Character:ERod: Once again, the full cast returns with the same level of awesomeness [enter Halle Berry] ... Or blandness.
- He mentions that Tony discovering the cure lacked explanation.
- ERod addresses the circulating WMG of the alleged Captain America's shield in Tony's workshop.ERod: IT MEANS NOTHING!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! It's just a prop in the background. So get over it.
- EL DOCTOR MISTERIO!
- CON TOM BACKERRRR!
- Talking about Willow:ERod: Interestingly enough, Willow was among the first characters to get a lot of attention from the male fans, almost as if they're saying that Willow was more preferable than the other gorgeous girls on the show because, quote and quote, "She is the girl you can actually get". Well, just to clarify: No. No, she's not◊.
- When describing Buffy and Angel's relationship, he also adds:ERod: A slayer in love with a vampire. Incidentaly, Stephenie Meyer can GO FUCK HERSELF!!
- "Dumb reasons to keep Cordelia around!"
- ERod explained that the only thing that stained season 5 was Dawn."Why the fuck did they have to make Dawn the most annoying worthless person ever?!""In the following seasons, she's just the coleslaw that comes with the hamburger. You didn't order it, it just comes with your hamburger wether you want it or not."
- During his summary of season 7, ERod points out the downside that all the potential slayers had to be sheltered at Buffy's house, describing it like "Dividing the time between the show's main cast and all these annoying girls felt like someone poured water over Dawn and she multiplied like a mogwai."
- As a stinger, there's a scene where Bruce Campbell says "Next time you unleash an ancient demon, call that Buffy chick"ERod: BRUCE CAMPBELL HAS SPOKEN!!
- States Batman in the movie is a moron, since Batman is well known for being paranoid, especially if compared with his DCAU portrayals.
- Althought he liked Catwoman's characterization in the film, he still felt Anne Hathaway looks too young, and her kiss scenes with Christian Bale creeped him. It was like watching his dad making out with Hannah Montana, brrrr.
- ERod mentions Talia Al Ghul's motivations to avenge her father are very inconsistent, going from nobody killing him, Ra's abandoning her in a prision and excomunicated her boyfriend, crowning with "WORST DEATH EVER".
- Meaningless Fanboy Gripes: Corrects pronunciation of Ra's Al Ghul's name. "Oh my God! It's been three movies! Could someone please teach these assholes how to say it right?!"
- And then apologises to Alfred when he sees him cry.
- "And after viewing and reviewing his performance multiple times I have to ask. WHY THE FUCK DOES HE SOUND LIKE SEAN CONNERY TALKING THROUGHT A KARAOKE MACHINE?!"
- Then asks the audience if they would take him seriously if he did an entire review with that voice.
- The voice returns at the stinger, inviting everyone to subscribe to the page.
- Starts out with the normal intro monologue, then switches "To boldly go where no man has gone before" with "To boldly have kickass adventures in space!"
- About Tyler Perry making a cameo as the Disciplinary judge.
- When talking about the supporting cast, he talks about the people playing Kirk's parents (Chris Hemsworth and Jennifer Morrison). "So Kirk is the son of Thor and Sheriff Emma Swan from Once Upon a Time...yeah, that sounds about right."
- ERod points out when all the Trekies started bitching because in the Movieverse, Uhura and Spock were an Official Couple.ERod: Really? THIS is what the hardcore fans are complaintning about? May I remind you that this is the same movie in which the entire planet Vulcan is destroyed. We witnessed the near extinction of the Vulcan people and that's fine. But Uhura kissing Spock, that's bullshit.
- Needless to point out that ERod is fine with this.
- How Chris Pine got casted as Kirk? He won against William Shatner at arm wrestling.
- His favorite line of the movie is Spock's Catchphrase, but not for it, but because of the context he used it in:ERod: But my favorite line is actually when Spock says "Live long and prosper" to the Vulcan High Council, after they insult him. It's not the line, it's the infliction behind the line. He is not really saying "Live long and prosper", he's actually saying "Go fuck yourselves".Spock: Live long and prosper...ERod!Spock: ...bitches.
- The return on full force of:DUMB REASONS TO KEEP CORDELIA AROUND!!
ERod: Oh Yeah, it's time
- Reason 1: Cordelia suggests Angel to open a Paranormal Investigation office. The same girl who picked a spatula as a weapon.
- Reason 2: "Angel is The Hero, Doyle is The Messenger and Cordelia is... there. Upon Doyle's departure, he passes his ability to receive visions from The Powers That Be to her. Yup. Cordelia gets the visions now. Hooray!"
- Reason 3: Even though her ability to receive visions from The Powers That Be gave her a defined role in the team, Lorne's hilarius honest pesimism and Fred's sweet lovable stands as the then mother of the group made Cordelia's presence even more superfluous than before. What's the solution? TO HOOK HER UP WITH ANGEL, OF COURSE!!
- The crown of all the Dumbest "Dumb Reasons to keep Cordelia around": Making Cordelia the villain, because they literally ran out of things for her to do.
- About Fred being attacked by tentacle monsters in both Angel and The Cabin in the Woods.ERod: Also, I find curious that Joss often has Amy attacked by giant tentacle creatures in his projects. Freud would have a field with this.
- "Now, are you ready for the best part? You wanna know who's the baby's father? Connor. Just a quick reminder: A year ago... he was a baby. If you just threw up a little in your mouth, believe me, I understand."
- He says that when Fox was running the show, they did utterly horrible ads. He can't find any of these ads (and he suspects there's a Browncoat conspiracy to bury them), so he reproduces one as best he can to prove it. All accompanied by music that does not fit the show at all.Annoyingly cheerful ERod: It's intergalactic adventure from the creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer! Packed with space cowboys, a boy named Jayne, a cosmic hooker, and a girl in a box! Firefly! It's out there!ERod: I wish I was exaggerating the shittiness of these ads, but believe me, I'm not!
- When Firefly was airing, he tried to watch it, only to find the episodes had been unexpectedly moved and he was watching football. He tried again, and got baseball. Later, he was just flipping through channels and finally came across the episode "Bushwhacked", which starts with the crew playing Calvinball.
- Sarcastically, ERod says he wasn't surprised Firefly got cancelled, "since FOX wouldn't fuckin' SHOW IT".
- When talking about the Catwoman short before the animated Batman: Year One, he has this to say:
- All his mentions of Frank MillerERod: Ok, back to Year One. Based on the Frank Miller graphic novel, which he wrote before he went Cuckoo-For-Cocoa-PuffsERod!Frank Miller: Boobies.(later about Batman: The Dark Knight Returns)ERod: Based on the famed graphic novel written by Frank Miller, once again, before he went Banana-Balls...ERod!Frank Miller: Boobies
- When talking about Diedrich Bader being casted as Batman.ERod: I remember when this casting was announced, a close personal friend of mine ran up to me and said "Oh no, ERod! They casted that goofy guy from The Drew Carey Show as Batman!", to which I responded "No. They got the awesome actor who played Hoss Delgado in The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy to play Batman". That quote put many of my friends at ease.
ERod: [...] In spite of that, he did a kick-ass job, 'cause guess what? Batman is still Batman. Even with all the goofy sci-fi insanity around him, he's still the dark brooding vigilante detective. As opposed to be a gullible jackass!ERod!Dark Night-Batman: Catwoman betrayed me?? No way!!
- His reaction when he discovers that the Joker's flapper-Betty-Boop sidekick it's supposed to be Harley Quinn.UNNACEPTABLE!!
- When listing the Worst Episodes, he notes that Captain Atom was made into a Jerkass against his character, so he decides that he would only refer to this version as "Captain Asshole".
- In his review of Justice League: War:
ERod: Gee, I'm so glad the Corps recruited him. I feel so safe.
- How he describes the Justice League members (with the exception of The Flash and Cyborg, who he finds to be the most tolerable of the group): They should all be shipped in a rocket to Planet Hulk. Billy Batson is a Jerkass, Batman is a Know-It-All doucheface strangely familiar with the procedures of an alien invasion, Wonder Woman is a barbaric moron that doesn't even qualify to be the embassador of an outhouse, Superman is as detached and cold as his portrayal in Man of Steel. And last but not least:
- He lays out Hal Jordan's credentials as an experienced intergalactic police officer trained to deal with alien threats and with a vast database at his disposal. We then cut to this movie's version, confronted with an unknown alien weapon.
- Moving on to Son of Batman, he states not only did he hate Deathstroke's portrayal, but he also though Damian was an even worse character than Deathstroke. During the climax, ERod was hoping both would off each other rather than having either of them as a winner.
- After mentioning that the previous year DC opened with two unappealing features (Justice League: War and Son of Batman) and closed with two good ones (JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time and Batman: Assault on Arkham), DC decides to make sequels for the first two ones. ERod just groans with resignment.
- ERod points out that Justice League: Throne of Atlantis' title was originally intended to be only about Aquaman...ERod: (...) Unfortunately, since our favortite animation team can't get paid unless the words "Batman" or "Justice League" are in the title...
- In the Batman vs. Robin section, ERod points out that How It Should Have Ended predicted that Batman would be having something with "Bad Blood" in the title.ERod: [...] Unfortunately, I will have to revisit this particular iteration of the Batman Universe... one more time, as they're producing yet another sequel of the series, called, and I'm not kidding about this, "Batman: Bad Blood". Yup! HISHE actually predicted a future DC Animated feature. Way to go, guys!
- For the Batman Unlimited: Animal Instincts and Monster Mayhem
- He mentions that "coincidentally", Batman teams up with Green Arrow and The Flash.
- Points out that there're no female superheroes.
- Also all the blatant product placement of the toy line, with Batman and a T-Rex Robot.ERod: The most pathetic example of tween-bait of these movies is Batman's B-Rex. Yes. You were seeing this correctly. Batman has a T-Rex that he can ride. Somewhere out there, Michael Bay's testicles just exploded. The only way they could make this more appealing to teenage boys is if it shot ice cream out of it's nipples and pooped out Playstation games.
- After his review of Batman vs. Robin and expressing his disdain for Damian as a character, ERod addressed that another sequel is being planned, to which he later refers as "Another installment of Damian the Douchebag series" near the end of the review.
- At one point, he refers to She-Bang as "She-LAME.
- When Static asks Batman about Robin, he replies that he is with the Titans.Batman: You'll meet them someday.
ERod: No , he won't. But c'est la vie.
Countdown to Age of Ultron
- After explaining why The Invincible Iron Man sucks:ERod: I give it NOTHING (accompanied by 0 points in the Bad-ass-a-tude)
- About The Punisher (1989)
- When getting to Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.:
- ERod: David Hasselhoff is Nick Fury!! David Hasselhoff is Nick Fury!! Do I need to say anything else?! Here the Hoff prooves that without a nice pair of boobs or a talking car to play opposite to, he doesn't have the charisma to carry a whole movie, let alone play one of the most endearing Marvel characters of all time.
- ERod: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Agent of S.H.I.T. Stupid Hasbeen Irritates Television-viewers.
- After remembering DC Comics has an alleged Justice League movie in production, he says it in a frustrated tone and calls Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice "Dawn of the Justice of The Apes".ERod: It's not easy being a DC Fan.
- References his previous video about his response to Critics dismissing the Movie after it succeeded.
- When talking about Rocket:
- Regarding his look appearance:ERod: But he is fierce and-! All right, damn. He's really cute.
- ERod mentions fans have been compairing him to Rocket, and he didn't object at all. Followed by the scene with Rocket firing a BFG
- Regarding his look appearance:
- About Drax:
- After his Blunt Metaphors Trauma Literal-Minded persona.Rocket: [Drax's] people are completely literal. Metaphors are gonna go over his head.Drax: Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it.ERod: (Watching a fanart of Drax catching a Metaphor over his head) Whoa! Well, he did say he was swift.
- After applauding Batista being good at his role and signing up for acting lessons:ERod: And I hope The Rock is taking some fucking notes!!
- After his Blunt Metaphors Trauma Literal-Minded persona.
- About Gamora's outfit in the comics.
- ERod: First things first. I like Gamora's look in the movie a hell of a lot more than the comics. Why does she dress like a space hooker? Did she and Starfire shop at the same Trampy Intergalatic Boutique? What part of this says "Greatest Assassin in the Universe"? All it says to me is "I'm ready for Pole Dancing".
- About Star-Lord, ERod kept saying he was copying his style by being a Pop-Culture speaking adventurer and a Dance Battler.
- ERod: (After all the times Star-Lord made some reference) I could accuse him of stealing my routine, but Immitation is the Sincerest Form of FlatteryERod: (When Star-Lord challenges Ronan to a Dance Battle) Oh, come on! I was defeating Bad Guys with sweet dance moves way before it was cool. (Cuts to his dancing duel with Evil-E in his Resident Evil Afterlife review) Now stop copying me! It's not funny anymore!
- About Tony giving his address:
- ERod!Fanboy: But Tony Stark is a genius, why would he be stupid enough to invite the bad guys to his house?
- ERod mentions that Dr. Selvig became his favorite character in the movie after he became insane after The Avengers.ERod: [...] And I think Darcy puts it the best.Darcy: Our friend Erik... went "Banana Balls"ERod: No, I don't know how being naked at Stonehenge helps his scientific research. It's funny as hell! It's all I care about.
- About Jane becoming more sympathetic:
ERod: The question is, How will she react when she sees Thor again?(Jane slaps Thor)ERod: Wow! I told you I liked her more now.(Jane slaps Thor again)Jane: Where were you?!ERod: Wow! I really really like her. In fact, I don't think I could possibly like her more.(Jane slaps Loki)Jane: That was for New York.ERod: I stand corrected.
- He comments that in the previous movie, it was hard to understand why Thor would be in love with her outside of the fact that she is Natalie Portman, illustrating it with the scene of How It Should Have Ended.
- Then points Jane's reactions towards Thor:
- "Now let's talk about The Star of the movie", before introducing Loki at the Comicon 2013, where everybody in the crowd is chanting Loki's name and cheering.
- ERod: Incidentally, This is not a joke. When I first watched this movie at the theatre, the first moment where Tom Hiddleston appears on screen as Loki, all the girls in the movie theatre went insane. You'd think The Beatles entered into the room.
- Finally talks about Malekeith near the end of the review.ERod: (...) But this is one of the most boring villains in the entire Cinematic Universe. We went from Vanko, to Red Skull, to this guy. "Malekeith The Accursed". What was he cursed with? A lack of personality? He is the most expresionless wet-blanket of a character of an antagonist we have seen so far. And his dullness is just amplified by Loki's presence. There's even a scene where he destroys Odin's throne and he takes no pleasure in it. He just destroyed the symbol of power of one of his greatest enemies... and he just keeps walking completely unfazed by it. Like a robot. And to top things off, his motivations are really hard to understand. He wants to plunge the Universe into darkness. Why? I can understand him wanting to do something along those lines to Asgard, as they were the ones who massacred his people, but why does he want to do the same to the rest of the Universe? Does he hate sunlight? 'Cause he's so pale he gets sunburned everytime he goes outside? EXPLAIN, DAMN IT!! EXPLAIN!!
- When talking about Chris Evans nailing again the role of Captain America:ERod: Yes, I know. "It's ironic...". Get off my back.
- BALS.ERod: Finally! After Iron Man 3 and Thor The Dark World left us hanging in the breeze, we finally got a teaser for Avengers: Age of Ultron. Which shows, there's still a small faction of HYDRA that is still active, and being led by one of Captain America's greatest enemy, Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker. We also see that they somehow gain possesion of Loki's scepter, which, as we learned in Guardians of the Galaxy, contains the Mind Gem, which apparently Strucker is using to control two future avengers: Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch. So in the next movie, The Avengers must face off agains a subdivision of HYDRA and two brainwashed superheroes. It's a good thing they don't also have to deal with a fifteen-foot-tall killer robot who- (A picture of Ultron appears) Uh, nevermind.
- Points out that the power of The Wasp's stings is very inconsistent: Sometimes it can cut throught a container and the others... (And plays Yakety Sax over a compilation of all the Epic Fails of her attacks)
- Starts questioning why Black Panther decides to join The Avengers on his first day as King of Wakanda.ERod: Don't your people need you? Ok, Avengers Assemble.
- When recapping the episode "Ultron Unlimited", ERod comments about Ultron wanting to make a girlfriend for himself.
- The recap of "Yellowjacket", he classifies it as "the weakest episode", by pointing all the plot holes:
ERod: Ironman, don't you want to scan the lab with your armor? Just to make sure Hank is dea-? Ok, never mind. Let's have a funeral.
- When Hank's lab suddenly explodes and everyone thinks he is dead:
ERod: Oh, for the love of-! Just take of his damn mask!! Thank you!
- After everyone fails to recognize that Yellowjacket is Hank at first glance.
ERod: Oh, God. Somebody punch him! Thank you.
- After being an overall Jerkass, this is the time the Avengers let Yellowjacket rejoin the team
- The recap of "The Deadliest Man Alive" has this:ERod: What annoys the shit out of me about this episode is that there's something obviously wrong with The Hulk, and most of the Avengers dismiss it as the Hulk showing his true colors. And they even allow the obviously mischievous Red Hulk to join the team. Thankfully, Captain America and Wasp still have fully functional brains, and do what they can to clear the Hulk's name.
And just to pour salt on the wound, at the end of the episode, The Hulk leaves the team again!!. Who can blame him?! With teammates like this, who needs enemies?
Hulk: You guys sure took your sweet time to help me.
- After he tells that EMH got cancelled and replaced with Avengers, Assemble! because the producers wanted a series that resembled more the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And How does he describe it?
Final Countdown to Age of Ultron
- "Woman Up" should have its own merchandise.
- Fred being a mascot suit guy instead of a kaijuu.ERod: I dub it LAME!
- He mentions that it bothered him that Clark Gregg as Phil Coulson wasn't part of the supporting cast.ERod: But hey. It's not like we don't see him every week.
- Mentions that Ultron's new personality is a fusion of Tony's dry sense of humor and the Internet, as he behaves like a Know-Nothing Know-It-All Insufferable Genius teenager who is good at destruction and witty comebacks.
- Everytime he talks about Tony and Bruce working together, he calls them "Science Bros!!"ERod: Science Bros!! Later, bitches! We're off to do some science.ERod: Science Bros!! Yeah, Science gets all the chicks.
- Since Vision's origin became a union of Cap's shield material, Tony and Bruce's knowledge and Thor's lightning...ERod: It's Alive!! It's ALIVE!!!... Uhm, sorry. I couldn't resist.
- After Quicksilver dies being shot, he counters that unlike X-Men: Days of Future Past, the bullets were faster because they were fired by a machinegun on a Quinjet and by a super-intelligent robot who could have easily target him... "but I digress".
- When talking about Hawkeye's role:
- The only scene he considers the worst of the movie, he dubbed it "The Jacuzzi of Exposition", as it was completely out of place and it could also be another excuse to get Chris Hemsworth without a shirt.
- Also mentions that putting Thor on a sidequest was a good example of They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character, as he could have been doing a lot of more interesting things in the second act: goofing around the farm, telling Hawkeye's kids inappropiated stories about slaughtering Ice Giants or helping Cap in Korea.
- When mentioning The Avengers in South Korea, it's shown a clip of Thor and Tony doing a bit of Gangnam Style.
- ERod doesn't do a Take That! to Man of Steel once... but twice.ERod: Oh, yeah. I went there again.
- Points out that in Thor's vision, there was a Wolf, a Ram and a Hart.ERod: Seriously, If you don't get this reference, you need to start watching Angel to death.
- His Second Favorite Scene is "The Battle of Sokovia":
ERod: What and asshole. But, man do I love him.ERod: Man, I don't smoke and even I need a cigarette.
- Ultron plans to erase humanity by recreating the meteor formerly acredited to God.