- We get our first glimpse at the Hong Kong Cavaliers as Reno and Perfect Tommy are lounging around behind the scenes at the first test of the rocket car, and somebody realizes that Buckaroo forgot to show up.Perfect Tommy: Guess somebody's gotta fetch the boss.
Reno: Why me?
Perfect Tommy: Because I'm busy.
(turns a page in his newspaper)
- This exchange:Perfect Tommy: "Emilio Lizardo". Wasn't he on TV once?
Buckaroo: You're thinking of Mr. Wizard.
Reno: Emilio Lizardo is a top scientist, dummkopf!
Perfect Tommy: So was Mr. Wizard...
- John Whorfin's flashback to Emilio Lizardo and Hikita testing their Overthruster, allowing Whorfin to possess Lizardo. Not only does Lizardo get stuck half in the wall they were testing against, but a camera lets Hikita see into the 8th Dimension and what's happening to Lizardo, and he gives the only appropriate response:Hikita: Holy Toledo. . .
- Buckaroo's phony call from the President.Ed: The President's calling, Buckaroo.
Buckaroo: President of what?
Ed: The President of the United States.
- The President's reaction to Buckaroo telling him about the Lectroids.
- The aftermath of the Storming of Yoyodyne:Mission Control: Buckaroo, The White House wants to know: "Is everything OK with the alien space craft from Planet 10 or should we just go ahead and destroy Russia?"
Buckaroo: Tell him "Yes" on 1 and "No" on 2.
Mission Control: Which one was "Yes"? "Go ahead and destroy Russia"...or Number 2?
- "DAMN LORD JOHN WHORFIN AND THE HORSE HE RODE IN ON!"
- This quote from Lizardo:Dr. Lizardo: John Bigbooté, you coward! You are the weakest individual I ever know!
- Followed immediately by Bigbooté flipping the bird.
- "Let's go up to my office and discuss this like two sensible beings."
- The list of Johns, with last names like "Littlejohn" and "Smallberries."
- Perhaps the best is "John Manyjohns."
- "What's in the big pink box?"
- You seriously have to wonder if the "Oscillation Overthruster" got its name because the director thought it would be hilarious to make a Japanese man say it as many times as possible.
- "This ain't my goddamned planet, understand Monkey Boy!"
- The billboard for Yoyodyne Propulsion the tour bus passes on their way to rescue Buckaroo, including the slogans "The Future Begins Tomorrow" and ". . . A Growing Excited Company."
- This isnt my damn planet, monkey boy!
Funny / The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension