- "A Titanic Tale of Titans' Tomfoolery!", from New Teen Titans No. 20; It starts with the Mad Scientist Igor Igorigorigorvich deciding to use his machine to bring in the writers for the comic from our world into the comic's world to get help destroying the Teen Titans. Hilarity Ensues. Of course, his hulking Dumb Muscle Boris has a question;Boris: Dah Titans? But Master, you fort dah Titans.
Dr. Igorigorigorvich: (Slaps him) Shtupid! Schvein! And all those other terms of endearment! I'm a Mad Scientist, aren't I? I'm supposed to have arch-foes.
- In the comic "Raven Reborn" Nightwing finds out that his love for Raven was the result of her inadvertently using her powers to influence his emotions, making him think that he was romantically in love with her, rather than simply platonic. Starfire helps Raven understand her mistake which is mostly one of the biggest heartwarming moments in the series. What makes the moment funny is, after that's all sorted out, Nightwing meets Raven again, who gives him a big passionate kiss. He at first mentally freaks out thinking that Starfire didn't help at all, but Raven then laughs before revealing she was pranking him at Starfire's urging.
- Miss Martian has developed an Enemy Within version of herself that demands that vengeance must be taken on the humans for cruel experiments. Miss Martian doesn't do vengeance. Puppies (we're within her mind, remember) are much nicer, so she conjures up some to attack (read: lick and play with) her evil side. A response that is implied to be a sufficient threat for keeping the evil side in line in future encounters.
- Due to a misunderstanding, the Justice League and the Teen Titans start fighting.Superman: "Everyone, calm down!" (gets shot in the back with heat vision) "Ow!!!"Superboy: "I did it! I learned how to use heat vision!" (Superman glares at him) "Uh, I didn't mean to...Ah man."
- This is then made even more hilarious when they don't fight. Instead, we see Superman noting his mother made that cape, and Superboy looking really embarrassed.
- When Superboy discovers that Lex Luthor was one of his gene donors, he begins to angst that he might turn evil when he grows up.Robin: "It could be worse... You could go bald."
- Why Starfire is jealous of Blackfire...Starfire: And she always knows when people are not talking about shovels!
Man: Hey, hot alien girl! You digging the scene?Starfire: I... did not know we were supposed to bring shovels?Men & the rest: LOL
- The origin of that quote, when the team goes to a club with Blackfire and she's getting along unlike Starfire, some men approach her.
Raven: This party is pointless.Emo Teen: Everything is pointless. Wanna go talk about it?Both the Emo Teen and Raven leave together.note
- There's this scene as well:
Beast Boy: (re: Blackfire laughing at his joke) See? She thinks I'm funny!
- When the rest of the Titans meet her for the first time:
Raven: Statistically, I suppose someone has to.
Beast Boy: *DEATH GLARE*
- Cyborg and Beast Boy do not take well Raven's suggestion to just get up and change the channel.
- Starfire discovers all the food is covered in blue fungi, with a piece downright threatening her and being shot. Robin notes they should just go get pizza.
Starfire: I suggest a large pizza with pickles, bananas, and mint frosting.
- And in the parlor, there's both an argument between Cyborg and Beast Boy regarding meat on the pizza ("Dude, I've been most of those animals!") and then Starfire chimes in:
She beams, but everyone is glaring weirdly.
Robin: Uh, Starfire? Not everything on the menu is a pizza topping.
- Mammoth notes the food on Titans Tower is expired... but keeps on eating anyway.
Forces of Nature
- In "Forces of Nature", there's a huge, over-dramatic slow-motion shot of Beast Boy accidentally launching a water balloon at Starfire. The instant before it hits she gives the softest little "eep."
- Mumbo calls for a lovely assistant from the audience and yanks Starfire down with a cane. He then assembles a "sawing-a-woman-in-half thin-model box" around Starfire. As he prepares to perform the "trick", he adds:Mumbo: It's only fair to warn you... I Have No Idea What I'm Doing.
- In this exchange:Starfire: This tangy yellow beverage is truly delightful!Cyborg: Uh... Starfire?Robin: That's mustard.Starfire: (cuddling the bottle) Is there more?
Mumbo: "So, do I still have to go to jail?"Titans: *Death Glare*Mumbo: "I thought so."
- After they've beaten Mumbo and discovered he really hadn't kidnapped Cyborg:
- In "Nevermore", Starfire's reaction to Raven's out-of-nowhere creepy laugh:Starfire: "Many of your Earth ways are still strange to me, but, that was... just plain freaky, correct?"
(Cyborg eats his breakfast, but he spits it all out)Cyborg: BLEAGH! That's not eggs! That's that tofu stuff!(then he drinks milk, but he also spits it out)Cyborg: BLEAGH! That's not even real milk!
- Also this bit here.
- Also in that episode, Starfire trying to knock on Raven's door while Robin tries to restrain her. Starfire is nonchalantly holding out an arm, barely exerting any effort. Meanwhile, Robin is holding onto her with both hands and bracing himself against the door, clearly resisting with all his might. Star's vaguely confused expression is hilarious.
- The previous knock on the door, where BB barely taps it and tries to leave before walking into Cyborg. Cyborg marches him back and says he needs to knock louder, slamming his metal hand against the door. Cue the entire door falling into the room.
- Pretty much everything in "Switched" that wasn't Nightmare Fuel was hysterical. Mostly from the resident Emotionless Girl and Genki Girl having to deal with Psychoactive Powers that mandate the opposite. The only way is could've been funnier would be averting Voices Are Mental, with Star's cheerful chirpy lines being delivered in Raven's voice and vice versa.
Starfire: "Peace, quiet, tranquility. Peace, quiet..."(Nearby car blows up)
- In the middle of the extremely creepy scene where Puppet King is going around doing his thing to the other Titans, Starfire is trying to figure out who's there, Raven opens her door, and they startle each other. Starfire goes through a standard over-the-top reaction, but Raven's hair stands up in the shape of her symbol!
- Starfire's first attempt at meditation while in Raven's body:
- In When the team get their puppets:Starfire: (as puppet) "Hello Starfire!" (as herself, shaking the puppet's hand) "Hello tiny wooden replica of Starfire!"
- How about this bit?Beast Boy Puppet: Dude! Get your butt out of my face!Robin Puppet: Can't move. Deal with it.
- Cyborg quickly becomes irritated with Beast Boy's enthusiasm.Cyborg: Goodness me! I seem to have accidentally switched off Beast Boy's microphone.Raven: Could you go ahead and accidentally leave it off?
- "Masks": Red X got Beast Boy out of the way of a train just in time.Beast Boy: Dude, did you just save me?Red X: (kicks him aside)
- After Robin rescues her from Mad Mod:Starfire: "Are all the schools on your planet this horrible?"
- After the team meets up with Raven again, she explains in one word what Mod subjected her to...Raven: Gym. (opens her cloak to reveal a basketball uniform)
- The entire chase scene set to Puffy Ami Yumi's "K 2 G".
- Cyborg's obsession over the T-Car:
Cyborg: Nooooo! Keep those nasty plastic brushes off my baby! She's hand-wash only!
- When Gizmo sends T-Car through a carwash while Cyborg is on the hood.
Cyborg: You'll get ketchup on the seats!
- After learning that Gizmo has just left the drive-in;
- When Cyborg interrogates the two guys who stole his car, he's angry that they lost it, but even angrier that they implied that his car lost a race.
- When they correct him that they actually won, he's immediately distracted by the fact that "she handled like a dream" and starts asking how it took the curves.
Apprentice Parts 1 & 2
- The team tries to figure out why Robin would be working for Slade. Beast Boy's suggestions are...less than realistic.Beast Boy: Three words: disgruntled radioactive clone.
- At which point Raven, having had enough, roundhouse kicks him offscreen.
- After defeating Slade, Raven suggests they celebrate. Beast Boy and Cyborg are overjoyed.Cyborg: All-you-can-eat...Beast Boy: Free-form...Both: BREAKFAST EXPLOSION!
How Long Is Forever?
- While this is a very dark episode, there is one bit of comic relief when the now-bald Beast Boy sees Nightwing's luxuriant mullet:Beast Boy: Dude, that is so unfair.
- Starfire & Raven are focusing on a crystal ball, with Raven describing how they:Raven: Need peace, and absolute-
(Beast Boy's head appears warped, on/in the ball): DUDES!!
(the girls scream and clamp onto each other)
- The Titans get their first good look at what appears to be Beast Boy having a bout of Power Incontinence...Cyborg: Easy, Beast Boy, we just wanna help...
"Beast Boy": BURRRP (horks up car bumper)
"Beast Boy": (loud slobber, flees down storm drain)
Cyborg: (Beat) ...Oooh-kay.
- After figuring out that the "dog" is probably not Beast Boy, they break out the good equipment and capture it. Hilarity Ensues.Raven: So, now that we've got him...
Robin: We just have to figure out how he can lead us to the spaceship. I can run a chemical analysis on his fur, see where he's been.
Cyborg: I could do a molecular scan. Maybe he and the ship had the same isotopic signature.
Starfire: [To Raven:] Perhaps you could use your magic to communicate with the creature.
Raven: I'm still getting drool off my face. I don't want him anywhere near my brain.
Alien Dog: Um, pardon me... [Everyone is shocked into Art Shift by this sudden response.] ...but I believe that we may be able to help one another.
Robin: Okay... am I the only one who heard that?
Cyborg: You talk? Dogs don't talk!
Alien Dog: Perhaps not on your planet, my dear fellow. Now, if you'll agree to release me, I will be happy to help you locate my odious master. After I escaped his ship, he pursued me here and mistakenly captured another green dog, your "Beast Boy" I presume?
Raven: And you didn't tell us this earlier because?
Alien Dog: I was having too much fun. [Smiles.]
- The entirety of Starfire and Terra's first meeting;Starfire: I cannot permit my new friend to slumber in a lonely cave of darkness!Terra: I have a flashlight...
- Cyborg is in a bad mood after revealing the mechanical limitations of his body in a training session and is venting by playing a video game, the other titans each take turns trying to cheer him up. They all fail miserably.
- To wit, firstly Starfire tries to offer a "Traditional Tamaranean Folk Song" which is really just her wailing at an excruciatingly loud and shrill volume. In response, Cyborg yells back so loudly he cracks the screen in half.
- Secondly, Beast Boy shows Cyborg a trick with a cookie that involves regurgitating and eating it again in various animal forms. Cyborg literally boils over in rage, slowly reaches out and crushes Beast Boy's face in one fist before flinging him backwards and leaving a red imprint of his hand on Beast Boy's face.
- Thirdly, Raven doesn't even get a word out before Cyborg flatly tells her "I don't want to talk about it" and then cuts to a Super-Deformed version of Cyborg on a hill open firing with several cannons on Raven, who's flying a biplane. When we cut back to the rest of the Titans we hear a plane crash then see Raven floating down in a parachute, Super-Deformed style.
- Finally, showing that she didn't learn her lesson the first time, Starfire wanted to try the "Folk Song" again, this time with an accompaniment by the Gorka Pipes. Fortunately, Robin vetoes this with the much more sensible idea of simply giving Cyborg some time to himself.
- "Did you NOT see the movie? When you split up the monster hunts you down one at a time. Starting with the good-looking comic relief guy...ME!"Beast Boy: (as he's being dragged away by the monster) What did I tell you?! Funny guy goes first!
Date With Destiny
- Killer Moth's ultimatum:Killer Moth: My demands are simple: The city will declare me ruler, the Teen Titans will surrender, and Robin... (trying not to sound awkward) will take this lovely young lady to her junior prom.Kitten: Hiiiii, Robbie-Poo!Robin: (taken aback) Uh, what was that last part again?Starfire: Robin, who is this girl? And why does she call you "poo"?
"Odium! Scandal! Atrocity! These demands must not be met! Clearly this demented madman has no idea with whom he is dealing and if he believes -Snip- Out of his mind if he believes you would even consider such a distasteful-!"
- Robin's reactions to Starfire's line are hilarious.
- Even in the depths of rage and jealousy, Starfire does not once break from her speech pattern:
Robin: (deadpan) We're gonna need a minute.
- When Killer Moth issues his ultimatum, Starfire (airborne) says that they accept, thinking that the prom is a duel, but after Robin sets her straight, she immediately shrieks that they do not accept. Robin grabs her ankle and tows her out the room as if she were a balloon.
- Robin's forceful Un-Smile:Kitten: Would it kill you to smile!?Robin: *makes a REALLY forced, wide smile, complete with cracking sound effects* (through his teeth) Maybe.
- Starfire makes the best faces in that episode. The best one comes when she's at the punch bowl and some poor sap makes the mistake of asking if she can move so he can get some punch. It has to be seen to be believed.
- Later, that same guy and his date are struck by Fang's paralyzing venom. After all's said and done, Robin apologizes for ruining prom for them:Guy: Are you kidding? This was the best prom EVER!Girl: Even if I still can't feel my legs!
- The Fractured Fairy Tale narration.
- In "Transformation," as Beast Boy desperately waits to use the bathroom he is exposed to, among other things, Robin performing the classic garden hose gag, followed by a baffled Aside Glance. Then there's Cyborg pouring himself a glass of water from the sink. Shortly after we see Raven moving two rocks to let water pass mimicking the same gag but from a "female" perspective."L, M, N, Ohhhhhhhhh, PEEEEEE"!
- The following:Starfire: Oh, hello long-lost friend!! You remember me, yes?Terra: Of course, Starfire. I still have bruises from the last time you hugged me.
Winner Take All
- The game in the opening scene, where even Raven is impressed at Robin's final blow.
- "This is the greatest pie. In the history of pie."
- Beast Boy's expression + tone when he says that quote.
- The episode starring Robin's inter-dimensional counterpart, Larry, is one of the most bizarre episodes of the entire series, so naturally, it's absolutely hilarious. When they wind up breaking reality, Beast Boy loses his mouth, and steals Raven's so that he can speak. Then she steals Cyborg's...then he steals Starfire's. One must wonder how the voice actors avoided cracking up, especially Khary Payton having to imitate Raven's deadpan-ness.
Cyborg: (perturbed) I knew something like that was gonna happen!
- Or when Raven sees flowers walking around in the new colorful world she says "This is bad." She then sees Beast Boy without a mouth and says "Okay...so it's not all bad."
- When he wakes up and sees the city looking like a child's crayon drawing, Cyborg asks why the world looks like his grandma's fridge. Cut to his grandma's fridge, where his grandma stands looking like Cyborg in a wig and apron.
- Also would be Larry's excitement over his new moniker, saying his name over and over again while doing er...interesting things with the titans.
- MISTER LARRY!
- Right after Larry appears via splitting off from Robin's head Raven provides this gem.Raven: Didn't see that coming.
- Starfire's head pops off her body and sprouts Pegasus wings. Say whaaat...?
- While heading toward the source of the dimensional breakdown, they try the front door... which blows a raspberry in their faces.
Beast Boy: !pleH !gniyas m'I tahw dnatsrednu t'nac I (Help! I can't understand what I'm saying!)
- Beast Boy putting his mouth back on, and speaking backwards.
Raven: Cool! (the others stare at her) I mean... Oops.
- After Johnny Rancid steals Larry's powers and turns the world into an apocalyptic wasteland, one Titan in particular is quick to react to the scenery change:
Aftershock Parts 1 & 2
- Cyborg's initiation into HIVE includes a pink dress and a unicycle.Cyborg: Ha. That's it?Mammoth: Don't laugh. You have to eat the unicycle.
- From the episode "X", the team is trying to make sure Robin isn't a hologram or a robot.Beast Boy: He could still be a robot! Check him for batteries.Cyborg: (Menacingly pulls on a rubber glove)Robin: (Freaks out realizing where that hand was planning to go) NO! WAIT! PLEASE!
- Just before that, Robin gets swarmed by chibi-Starfires all poking to make sure he's not a hologram.
- Robin being jealous.
- Robin being so jealous that Starfire is getting married to someone else that he actually gets out into the vacuum of space to express his displeasure. He then realizes where he is and quickly swims back into the spaceship.
- Beast Boy losing his head (temporarily).
- Beast Boy on Tamaran in general. Not only did he almost lose his head, he gets nervous about Tamarenean food, not being able to tell if anything is meat or veggie, he almost gets eaten by the fornature, and he never figured out how the bathrooms worked on Tamaran. Not to mention, his first meeting with Galfore.
- Early on in the episode, Beast Boy encounters a giant Tamarenean monster. Later, Beast Boy changes shape to look like it and roars at the guards. They promptly run away screaming like little girls.
- This:Starfire: (loud Tamarenean horns are playing, while all the other Titans are recoiling in pain) Uhhhh... it is music!
- Raven's deadpan reaction to seeing Starfire's ugly new groom. "Um... he's cute..."
- Meanwhile, Robin is literally burning with anger and Starfire, Beast Boy and Cyborg all have the same look on their faces: D:
- Right before that, Starfire's groom is mistaken for a handsome Tamarenean dude with Rapunzel Hair that she absolutely drools over. In the background, Robin is jabbing a finger straight up into the air in protest, and his jaw drops so far down it falls through the top of the screen and lands on his head.
- Blackfire's pronunciation of Glgrdsklechhh's name.
- From "Crash", while Cyborg is driven mad and turned into an Extreme Omnivore by the Endzone Virus:Cyborg: Ooh! Ooh! Starfire Starfire! Remember that purple Tameranian pie thingie that was full of bugs?Starfire: My stewed grunthmek which made you physically sick?Cyborg: Yeah! You gotta cook up some of that!
Cyborg: Ooh! You know what'd be fun? Let's all go out for WAFFLES! RAVEN! YOU LIKE WAFFLES DONT'CHA?Raven: More than life itself.
- Cyborg: HOTWINGS! OH YEEEEEAAAH! *Runs through a wall* (Sounds familiar...)
- Cyborg: YOU'RE THE NASTY EGG PEOPLE WHO STOLE ALL MY WAFFLES!!
- Cyborg: (yelling at an ATM machine) You can keep your sprinkles! I NEED RASPBERRY FILLING! (punches the machine, which spits out a bunch of dollar bills into Cyborg's mouth) (spits out the money) NO! NOT MACARONI!
- This gem.
Starfire: Um, I realize he is a cruel, diminutive criminal who speaks the mean words and is not our friend, but still, I wonder... What became of Gizmo...?(cut to the radio tower satellite dish, where a pile of Cyborg's virus-infested snot resides)Gizmo: (still microscopic-sized, stuck in the snot pile, frantically swimming away from Endzone Virus cells in a mad front crawl) RAZZLE-FRAZZLE TITANS! CRUUUUUUUUUDD!!!Gizmo: "I'm not fixin' that overgrown bucket of robo-scrunge and there's nothin' you grot-slurpers could ever do or say to make me say it—!"Raven: (pulls down her hood to reveal a tentacled something. Gizmo screams)Gizmo: (shaking) "I'll help."
- Cyborg: Feels like I ate a tire... (belches up an actual tire)
- The Endzone Virus mercilessly ribbing on Beast Boy's intelligence.
- The ending:
- Beast Boy. With a cold. Turns into a frog. Cue chibi!Starfire and chibi!Raven cracking up.
- The long montage of the other titans interrupting Raven's reading time. Robin wanted to check up on a teammate (which is heartwarming), Starfire shows off a wacky new hairdo she get from the mail, and lastly, Cyborg and Beast Boy ask Raven to referee for their new game Stank Ball.Malchior: Smashing! You must be the luckiest girl in the world.
- Raven morphing Beast Boy from a fly to a rat is both funny, and awesome.
- The episode ends with Raven deciding to play Stank Ball with Cyborg.
- "You're just jealous 'coz I sound like a rock star."
- "I'm American!" "You're welcome."
- Beast Boy gives his little history lesson which isn't that good.Raven: Where'd you learn history? A cereal box?Beast Boy: What's your point?Raven: *sweatdrops*
- Return of the hypno screens, which Beastboy is victimized by again.
- In Wavelength, after Robin, Starfire, and Raven have just escaped from a Drowning Pit:Starfire: We are saved!(cheers and splashes)
- Before that, during a tense moment where the Titans load into their sub and go underwater: Starfire starts giggling and waving at Raven when she sees her through the window.
- "Another spy? Tell me, was anyone at my school actually there to LEARN?!"
The Beast Within
Can I Keep Him?
- Starfire: "Why, yes! Today is... Gorb-Gorb, the Tameranean festival... of... um... berating drapery! STUPID CURTAINS!" (Blasts away wall with eye beams).Raven: Aliens...
- Says the gray chick with purple hair...
- Note that, from Starfire's expression when she says this, that Gorb-Gorb is obviously completely made up. Starfire just made up a lie to explain why her curtains were damaged... and it sounded just as real as any Tameranean holiday.
- Beast Boy explaining the origin of Silkie to Starfire.Remember when Killer Moth made an army of mutant moths and forced Robin to take his daughter to prom *cut to Robin avoiding Kitten* and he was like "NAAAH!", *cut to Starfire choking Kitten* and you were like "GRRR!", *cut to Robin in a light used for Corner of Woe (though he's not sulking)* and Robin was like "Shrr....", *cut to Cyborg, BB and Raven in Killer Moth's base* but then we found Killer Moth, *cut to Beast Boy* and I was like "DUUUDE!", *cut to Raven* and Raven was like "ZZZTT", *cut to Cyborg* and Cyborg was like "BOOYAH!", *cut to Killer Moth on the ground, beaten* and we kicked his butt...
- Not to mention Killer Moth trying to get Silkie to join him so they can "...go on a picnic... of some sort..."
- Starfire again:Robin: Starfire? (Starfire shrieks in surprise and falls out of the air) Um... where's the sofa?Starfire: <Star looks around and sees Silkie has eaten the sofa> Uh... your Earthly ways are strange. Please, what is this so-fa of which you speak?
Bunny Raven...or...How to Make a Titanimal Disappear?
- "Bunny Raven" had a lot of good ones.Anycard: You're inside Mumbo's hat!Raven: And I'm a rabbit, why?
- Later, Robin, Starfire, and Cyborg are turned into a monkey, a tiger, and a bear and are complaining about their new forms, and then...(Beast Boy, in the form of a lamp, suddenly transforms into a ringing phone)Cyborg: (picks up the phone) Uh, hello?Beast Boy: Hel-lo! What have you got to complain about? I'm a lamp! What's wrong with being an animal anyway? At least you guys have legs! I can't even move! And do you have any idea how hot a lightbulb ge— (Cyborg hangs up)Cyborg: (Smirks) Well, at least we finally found a way to shut him up.(Beast Boy turns into an air horn and blows, LOUDLY, in Cyborg's face)
- More Beast Boy, as a police box when the other Titans are getting their butts kicked by a trio of sentient magician gloves: "Hey, let me help! I can crank call 'em!"
- Right before that:Cyborg: Well, at least Mumbo left me with my sonic cannon! (fires it to reveal a BANG Flag Gun) "Bang?" Oh, dang— (gets socked by the killer gloves)
- Before that as well, Starfire tries to use a Starbolt, only to cough up a hairball.
- Even later, when the Titans are figuring out how to stop Mumbo:Beast Boy: I got it!Cyborg: It can't involve driving a tank or unleashing magician-eating sharks.Beast Boy: I don't got it.
- Beast Boy turning into a "HELP!" flag as the cage he's in is pulled up to begin the fourth act.
- This exchange:Cyborg: Let me get this straight. We're inside Mumbo's hat and Raven's inside Mumbo's hat inside Mumbo's hat? *The tech half of his brain pops out like a jack-in-the-box*Beast Boy: Dude, you're making my brain hurt!
- During Mumbo's show:
- I DO NOT LIKE BEING A CAT IN THIS HAT!
- During Master of Your Fate, the Titans are put in hilarious flashy outfits for the show. What really sells it is Raven's reaction to hers.
Titans East Parts 1 & 2
- "¡Más y Menos, sí podemos!" Really, anything Mas y Menos do. The Bilingual Bonus just makes it funnier.
- In their introduction, they give Cyborg a rapid-fire, all-spanish explanation of their powers. The blank look Cy gives Aqualad only sells it.
- Cyborg singing to himself is a strong contender for funniest moment of the series:
- Beast Boy videochats with Cyborg and complains that Raven won't play video games with him, and Raven seems to take issue with having the controller glued to her hands. Beast Boy laughs it off, prompting Raven to use the dark magic powers granted to her from her interdimensional demon father...to give him a wedgie. The delighted ^_^ face she makes just sells it.
Don't Touch That Dial
- Don't Touch That Dial (AKA Episode 257-494). Just, just everything, including but not limited to all of Robin's Aside Glance at the television screen's fourth wall.
Woman: Oh, Lance! I didn't mean to make you fall madly in love with me. But ever since Joaquim left with my evil half-sister...Cyborg: Yo! I don't love you, my name's not "Lance" and I just need to know if you've seen a fat guy in an overcoat!Woman: Oh, Lance! [kisses him passionately]<door opens behind Cyborg and a guy with an eyepatch enters>Guy With Eyepatch: What the...?
- Cyborg in the cheesy soap opera:
Commentator: Oh, hoho, that had to hurt! Let's look at the replay, Chuck! You know, I'm not sure why a Teen Titan is on the field at the Championship game, but this is just a great defensive play by the Steel City Tigers.
- Raven at the football game.
Pelican: Oh have you seen my hippo? He hides and I must seek!Starfire: I cannot play, please do you know a strange man named Control Freak? He is big, not tall, and nasty, and known for causing strife. He escaped into the TV-Beast Boy (while being chased by a laser shooting robot): HEY STAR, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!Robots: "Identify yourselves."Beast Boy: "You don't need to see our identification."Robots: (look at each other, open fire).
- Starfire in the Dr. Suess-esque cartoon, rhyming along with the characters.
- The best part of that scene is when Beast Boy takes off Raven's cloak to add more Jedi to his Jedi Mind Trick. When he takes the cloak, Raven covers herself as if she's naked, despite her leotard. And everyone's (especially Robin's) shocked expression when she's "stripped".
- The end of the episode has Raven trying to assert that the lesson of the day is "Too much TV is bad for you". Starfire then comments that the only reason they succeeded was because Beast Boy watched too much TV. Finally Cyborg, with the soap opera girl on his arm, concludes that it was all meaningless. Then everyone laughs.
- "You know, Robins? The mask makes me feel cool, too."
- The subplot that results in that moment is quite funny too. Or, from an in-universe perspective. While Robin is away seeking training, the other Titans raid his room and start wearing his spare costumes, till Raven walks in and says "This is just disturbing"after which she of course joins in, only to have Robin himself walk in...it just really works.Starfire: Disturbing yet magnificent! Join us! I never knew wearing a cape was so much fun! It is wonderful to be Robin!
- And when Cyborg finds Beast Boy and Starfire dressed up as Robin, he chews them out not for dressing up as Robin, but for doing it without him!
- When Beast Boy tosses Cyborg an extra uniform, Cyborg can't clip on the utility belt due to his larger frame, so he steals Beast Boy's and combines them together. Beast Boy is indignantthe belt was holding his pants up!
- Beast Boy does a flimsy impression of Robin's martial arts skills in front of his mirror, and gives his own reflection a handshake.
- And at the end when they're all sharing pizza, even Silkie has the uniform on!
- The subplot that results in that moment is quite funny too. Or, from an in-universe perspective. While Robin is away seeking training, the other Titans raid his room and start wearing his spare costumes, till Raven walks in and says "This is just disturbing"after which she of course joins in, only to have Robin himself walk in...it just really works.
- "I'd like to go to jail now, please."
Cyborg the Barbarian
- Cyborg's line in "Cyborg the Barbarian" after finding out that he's been transported to 3,000 B.C.:Cyborg: "Don't do anything, don't touch anything. Sci-fi rule number one: You start messing with the past, you end up with monkeys ruling in the future."
Employee of the Month
- The entirety of "Employee of the Month."
Robin: Don't you think this place is a little... weird?Beast Boy: Dude, they have fries made out of meat. Yes, this place is weird, and I hate it!
- Especially Bob and the Source...
Bob: Say goodbye, Tammy.Beast Boy: [incensed] Dude, that's a GIRL NAME!
Bob: You can call me "Bob."Beast Boy: Okay...Bob: I like you, Danny. [pause] I'll be in the back.
- Yet another:
- Beast Boy neglecting to deal with the destruction device only to later find it has a simple off switch.
- From an otherwise serious conversation in "Troq".Starfire: You know what it feels like to be judged simply because of how you look?Cyborg: Course I do. (beat) I'm part-robot.
- Pretty much everything Beast Boy and Cyborg do in "Stranded," highlights being Beast Boy turning into a wookiee and Cyborg resigning to BB's inability to understand scientific terminology, telling him to "pull the red candy cane thingamozy."
- From the same episode, we have the adorable little alien thingies that worship Raven, constantly going, "Shala!!" after repeating everything she says.
- The Visual Pun of "SHE'S GONNA BLOW!" applying to an angry Starfire is enough to makes make people laugh their ass off.
- Robin and Starfire have some of the best interactions.
Robin: SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!Starfire: I am not your friend?Robin: Uh...Starfire: I am not a girl?
- From Stranded:
Robin: "Nice work, Starfire!" (friendly dig in the arm)Starfire: "I could not have done it without your assistance!" (punches him off camera)Robin: (comes back into view, grimacing) "Uh...nice arm."Starfire: (beaming) "I too admire your abundant limb strength!"
- Right afterwards the Titans are attacked by a huge monster, causing Robin to look back and forth between it and Starfire as if he honestly can't decide which one is more alarming.
- Just before that, Robin and Starfire are congratulating each other (keep in mind Starfire is luminescent blushing the whole time):
- There's that time Starfire is giving Robin the cold shoulder for protesting a little too loudly, "SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND!!!"Robin: I don't think you understand. On our planet, "girlfriend" means-Starfire: -a female with whom you have a pleasant and special association, including the sharing of enjoyable recreation and occasionally the buying of bountiful floral arrangements.Robin: Okay... maybe you do understand.
Robin: Look, will you please just stop and talk to me?Starfire: So, you are now prepared to explain why I am neither a girl nor your friend?Robin: *fiddles with his collar nervously as a crater lets off steam in the background* (stammering) Uh-I-w-well..Starfire: It appears that the grisnik has got your tongue. (walks away)Robin: *facepalms* Shoulda let that slug eat me when I had the chance...
- Aw man, that episode was chock full of these.
Robin: "You're still thinking about that? Starfire, we're stranded on a hostile alien planet!"Starfire: "I know. Did you hope the perilous space-station explosion, followed by our calamitous crash and combat with the horrible slug creature would make me forget?"Robin: "Uh...yes."
- About Robin's She's Not My Girlfriend moment:
- Also in Stranded, Beast Boy's failed attempts in fixing Cyborg.Beast Boy: Ta-da! (discreetly slides away remaining pile of metal away) Um... did I do it right?Cyborg (turned into a chicken) Does this look right to you?
- One of said attempts, Beast Boy somehow managed to turn Cyborg into a giant robot.Cyborg: What is the matter with you!? Do you even have opposable thumbs!?Beast Boy: Most of the time!
- One of Cyborg's uses of his extra time is to market "CyBQ saucethe official marinade of the Teen Titans".
- When chasing Billy Numerous, Starfire gets so exhausted she falls asleep midflight...and dents a telephone pole, which she then folds up into a pillow in her sleep!
- While Raven, Starfire, and Robin were reading the Max-7 instruction manuals, Beast Boy makes origami animals and a paper hat.
- Comes back later when Beast Boy tries to encourage Cyborg:Beast Boy: I can turn into the biggest, strongest, fastest animals on Earth, but y'know what, dude? Sometimes it's best to be a slow, tiny turtle. -holds out origami turtle-Raven: That would've been a lot more profound without the hat.
- Comes back later when Beast Boy tries to encourage Cyborg:
- The framed photos on Cyborg's wall include him and Jinx at the HIVE Academy dance from "Deception", him and Robin holding up two tiny fish from a fishing trip, and a Super-Deformed Cyborg cuddling the T-Car.
- The premise itself. The Titans wake up to find a motherly witch named Mother Mae-Eye in the tower and they're all obviously brainwashed into thinking she's their mother. Seeing the Titans, even Raven act like little kids is bound to at least get a chuckle.
- The Titans getting dressed up properly by Mother Mae-Eye. Robin just gets his hair combed flat, Starfire is put into a large green wool sweater, Raven ends up in a bright yellow dress looking like a little girl's doll, Cyborg puts on a large raincoat with boots and hat, and Beast Boy is put into a pink fluffy bunny costume!
- "Turbo Love Pie 3000 XL"
- "MY FRIENDS ARE NOT PIE!"
- "You're gonna get in trouble! You're gonna get in trouble!"
- Starfire being forced to snap the other Titans out of their trance the only way available to her: by bashing their heads in with a rolling pin.
- How it all started. Cyborg was just walking home one night through an alley and came across a gypsy selling "mystical items at reasonable prices." Three of said items at the booth are the Puppet King, Control Freak's remote, and a rubber chicken! And Cyborg buys a pie from the vendor...Cyborg: And I'm like "cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar...monkey's paw...Ooh! Pie!." Seemed like a good idea at the time...
The End Parts 1, 2, & 3
- Beast-Boy "patented wet-willy manouver". Also a Moment of Awesome, because it made Trigon cry in pain.
Beast Boy: My butt can't take much more kicking.Starfire: It can, and it will!
- Starfire's funniest moment had to be this exchange, in part because it's played so completely straight as the Titans are losing a dramatic battle:
Homecoming Parts 1 & 2
- The end of Homecoming, part 2, where the rest of the Titans discovers Beast Boys Embarrassing First Name.Cyborg: Garfield?
Beast Boy: (laughs nervously)
Raven: (smirking devilishly) Oh, Im gonna get a lot of mileage out of this one
- Control Freak's fanboy-gushing over Starfire in For Real.Control Freak: "She's too good for Robin; he'll never appreciate her."
Control Freak: The Puppet King!? They only fought him once, I'm a recurring villain!
- He's also rather irked that the Titans didn't include him on their list of villains the Titans East need to watch for;
- The Teen Titans end up face-to-face with velociraptors, and try to make use of Beast Boy's abilities to communicate with them:Starfire: Beast Boy, perhaps you can communicate with them.Beast Boy: (timidly) Um ... nice dinos?(Raptors growl)(Beast Boy turns into a raptor, exchanges a few yips and hoots with them and then returns)Robin: What did they say?Beast Boy: Well, they want to eat us.(Cue Oh, Crap! expression from the Titans as the raptors attack)
Hide and Seek
- Billy Numerous. Just the idea of him talking to his clones as if they're other people is funny, and he has some really memorable quotes.
Billy 1: (shoves the referee) "Billy Numerous owns the ice!"Billy 2: (riding a zamboni) "Lookie here, Billy! I stole me one of them...uh...uh...ice sweeper thingies!"Billy 3: (also riding a zamboni) "I'll race ya, Billy!"
- "Run, run, run, as fast as you can! You can't catch me...uh, catch you...I'M BILLY NUMEROUS!"
- This exchange during a children's hockey game:
- Kid Flash epically trolling of the Hive Five, especially when he wrecks their lair.
Kid Flash: Jinx! Are you...you?Jinx: *hexes the floor so a pipe bursts, soaking Kid Flash.*Kid Flash: It's you.
- They had managed to cage him, and were discussing what to do with him... While Kid Flash snuck out of the cage twice to get some snacks. Including Mammoth's chips.
- "I paid for that!"
- He asks Jinx if he can just ask her one thing. The setup looks very dramatic, like he's going to question why she's evil...and he holds up his stolen sandwich, asking if she has any mustard.
- When the Hive Five separated to try a few heists, Mammoth was leaving a shop with a snack bar... Promptly stolen by Kid Flash the same way he had just foiled the rest of the group. Mammoth called him out on it: he had paid for the snack.
- "If you're called the Hive Five, how comes there are six of you?"
- See-More's reply: "Because... it sounds cooler?"
- During the high-speed chase through their hideout, he not only breaks into Jinx's room but starts flipping through a sketchbook. "I never took you for the unicorn type!" Cue a scream of rage from Jinx.
- After being chased by Madame Rouge, who cornered him by pretending to be Jinx, Kid Flash is noticeably uneasy about chatting with Jinx when she shows up.
- The Hive Five (Six) centric episode is pretty hilarious, what with the rampant immaturity of the non-Jinx members (yes, even Kid Wykkyd) such as:Billy Numerous: Y'all wanna build a fort out of sofa cushions?!
- The breather episode has several. Starfire and Raven pretending to be the evil "Dr. Mumgon" and "Henchy" with Starfire failing at it, and then the wrecked T-car going through a tunnel and emerging from it as Cyborg on a single axle with Beast Boy as a horse on the reins.
- And one of the villains recommending that "Henchy" should break out on her own, since "Dr. Mumgon" is clearly holding her back.
- In the episode in which our heroes meet and become a team, Starfire and Robin get into an argument. If you listen closely, you can hear Starfire yelling in her native language, and Robin angrily screaming "I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING!" at the top of his lungs.
- When Robin announces he's going to track down Starfire "to find out if she's a threat":Cyborg: "More like find out if she'll give him another kiss."
Calling All Titans
- The short "Blackfire's Babysitter". Happy Mother's Day!
- Raven, The Comically Serious Deadpan Snarker, is a great source for these:
Cyborg: I know! Let's all go out for waffles! Raven! You like waffles, dontchoo?!Raven: [deadpan] More than life itself.
- "Next time you're looking to steal something, you might want to pick a target we can't see from our living room."
- "A giant chicken. I must be the luckiest girl in the world."
- Her reaction when the only way to escape the flooding H.I.V.E base is to ride out in Beast Boy's mouth as a whale? "I'd really rather just stay here and drown."
- Made better by the fact that after she says this, Beast Boy gives a little shrug and runs off, apparently QUITE willing to let her do just that.
- And then even better when she stands there and pretty much waits to drown. She seriously didn't want to go.
- The first Mad Mod episode, the Titans are just back together discussing what they went through, Raven's contribution? Spreading her cloak to reveal a numbered "Mad Mod" school jersey - and boxer shorts - as she utters one word; "Gym."
- "Interesting fashion statement."
- "Robin, could the music be a little louder? I can still hear myself think."
- Adding to this list: "Evil beware, we have waffles."
- Just one more Raven — Cyborg has a computer virus that makes him an Extreme Omnivore.
Beast Boy: So... she's trapped in the pie?Raven: Eh, sure, why not.
- And one more for Raven:
Raven: (about to take a bite of her burger and stops, halfway setting it down and pointing) Okay... I can't eat until that thing stops looking at me.Said Thing: (turns out to be a giant steak with googly eyes and flailing bendy arms with its tongue between its teeth. It speaks in a high pitched voice.) It's meeeeeaaaaatastic!
- Still more Raven:
Raven: "Last year on my birthday, my friends got me a cake and some balloons..." (kids make happy face) "But I couldn't enjoy it because my dad Trigon, the scary red demon with horns took over the world and there was fire everywhere and this other guy Slade who wore a skeleton for a face came after me and..." (kids are obviously scared) "My friends saved me and we all had cake! THE END!"
- In "Car Trouble" after Cyborg drives the team to battle with the T-Car, he takes a moment to brag about his new car to some passing kids. This leads Raven to drag Cyborg by the ear to the action. "Boys."
- "That would've been a lot more profound without the hat."
- In "Hide and Seek" when Raven attempts to make a funny face at Teether.
- Also in "Hide and Seek", Raven's spectacular attempt at a bedtime story. Raven's just a very talented babysitter in general.
Raven: You are such a chlorbag.
- In "Forces Of Nature", when a prank of Beast Boy's goes wrong, accidentally getting Starfire, she delivers a Tamaranian insult, followed by Raven's remark:
Starfire: I wish to initiate a Group Hug!Raven: (completely deadpan) Pass...
- "So do we get bathroom breaks?"
- "Okay...really not something I needed to see."
- Raven (while strapped to Rhino!Beast Boy) "And now I smell like rhino butt."
- "Beast Boy had a brain?"
- As well as:
Raven: Pull over... I think I'm going to be sick.
- Here's some good moments.
- Because Beast Boy lacks the large brain necessary for telling jokes.
- Her deadpan response to Beast Boy's joke about ducks "quackin' jokes":
Raven: To beat up the idiot telling jokes about him.
- And in response to Beast Boy's next joke ("Why did the aardvark cross the road?"):
Beast Boy: Try not to be jealous! (turns into a whale)Raven: He just gained 300,000 pounds. I'm so jealous.
- From Deep Six:
Beast Boy: "So, Raven made all those creepy crawlies by accident?"Raven: (Luminescent Blush) "Uh sorry?"
- Early in Switched, after Starfire bugged Raven for the umpteenth time before she could resume meditating, she made a hilarious rageface that must be seen to be believed. Kind of like this.
- While the team is celebrating Terra's official induction in the team, they appear as a sports team doing an on-camera interview. Raven is a cheerleader. That is all.
- At the end of Fear Itself:
- The end of the "Mayhem At First Sight" short.Slade: Why don't I ever get to sing?
- On the DVD commentary bits "Know Your Villains" it lists each villain, who their "nemesis" is, and where they are currently. For some of the lighter villains this can get pretty hilarious, such as The Source is currently "Lunch", Mother Mae-Eye is currently "serving pie to the H.I.V.E Five", etc.
- Pretty much every time the characters become super-deformed. The best examples include the scene in "Masks" where Robin gets a little too aggressive in fighting Slade's robot minions and starts disturbing the rest of the team and the scene in "Winner Take All" when Wildebeest reacts to Beast Boy turning into a skunk and spraying him.
- The short where the Titans finally catch Red X and take of his mask - to reveal several masks, including Jason Todd, Speedy, Alfred, Batman, Slade, and finally, a bomb.Beast Boy: I still think you're Jason Todd!
- Just about anything Dr. Light says or does. Rodger Bumpass is a gem!
- Pretty much any time Starfire makes that high-pitched "Eep!" sound.
- Of course, Starfire's high-pitched squeaks don't compare to Cyborg's scream. The arguably strongest member of the Titans Screams Like a Little Girl.
- Gamma Rays and You
- The beginning of "The Lost Episode" has Robin and Cyborg playing a video game, Starfire cooking alien food, and Raven reading her book when Beast Boy comes in with a boombox turned up loud and decides to crank it up more by plugging it into the main power grid, which causes everything to go haywire and the tower loses power and everything goes dark. In great Steve Urkel fashion, Beast Boy says "Did I do that?"