- Magical Girl Salia and Salia's look of utter horror when Ange finds out about her secret hobby
- ''Playable'' sick Ange. Even has battle quotes and everything!
- Shinn's reaction to Athrun calling him over to Arzenal for reinforcements.Shinn: Did you call upon me to help you deal with these terrible women?
Shinn: Athrun! Did you summon me here so you could feel better about yourself?
- And later, after seeing Chris and Rosalie's obvious crushes on Athrun:
- Ange breathing in space
- Nine meeting Rei for the first time.
- After his introduction, Leonard Testarrosa spends two chapters showing off his superior attitude, manipulative nature, and obsession with Kaname. Then Embryo (whose personality is the same but more so) approaches him to build an alliance. While Embryo is smugly oblivious to Leonard's tone, Leonard is clearly unnerved to see this from outside.
- Judau makes an interesting pun when describing Ramiel's laser attack.
- Setsuna refers to the time Tieria is Disguised in Drag in the 00 anime, sparking the female pilots curiosity in the process, much to Tierias dismay.
- After defeating all of Misurugi's forces.Julio: This can't be happening! All of my forces...how utterly disappointing!Ryoko: Ange, your brother is a coward!Ange: I don't see him as a brother anymore. And, I have to agree with you.Vivian: You tell him, Ange!
- When Ange gets her white pilot suit thanks to Vilkiss, Al thinks it's one handy robot. Sosuke meanwhile thinks that Al could learn a thing or two from it.
- When Hilda's confessing her love for Ange, she mentions that Ange knows so many princesses and men, which Tusk then wonders if she's talking about him. Setsuna's reaction is hilarious.Hilda: But you know so many actual princesses and not just that, but men too.Tusk: (Is she talking about me?)Setsuna: (Just shut it, Tusk.)
Tusk: Um... So what about me?Setsuna: Yes, that's the real question.Athrun: I'm certain Ange will look after both you and Hilda.Ange: (To Setsuna) You have a nice voice.
- And after Hilda confesses her feelings and Ange returns them, Setsuna and Athrun proceed to Troll Tusk over it.
- Somehow, the developers decided to make the arcade episode of Cross Ange even funnier by having Salamandinay think of the arcade shop as an ancient fighting arena. Ange and Tusk proceed to correct her on that.Kaname: Uh-oh! Call Dr. Gecko!
- The Love Hotel Mu La Flaga from Cross Ange returns, with Tusk commenting that he should tell Athrun's group about it.
- You want to know how Nadesico can be even funnier then it already was? Why set the attack theme to Naze Nani Nadesico of course! The annihilation of an enemy force has never been funnier when you can have them blown to kingdom come with one of the funniest themes in the game.
- When the group encounters the Dragons for the first time. Almost everyone notes the utter absurdity of fighting mythological dragons with giant robots. However, Sousuke takes the entire affair seriously, saying he'll target at whatever he believes is a weak point. Al notes that Sousuke is taking the situation surprising well, and Sousuke tells him that he's been through so much weirdness that he doesn't think anything will surprise him anymore.
- After beating the Eighth Angel, Might congratulates Shinji while Shinji says that it was thanks to him. Asuka gags at the scene, and tells "Stupid Shinji" not to end up like Might. Shinji then points out that Asuka's calling him by his first name and not "Daddy's Boy". In response to this, she blushes furiously and tries to excuse it as payback for him calling her by her first name. Might smiles and says this.Might: And calling him "Stupid" isn't a bit out of line?
- After Shinji and Asuka take their leave, Might comments that they make "a strange pair". He's still smilling while saying this, by the way. It seems Might has a couple of ideas about those two.
- The beginning of the Nadesico What! and Why?. That is all.
- After both Ples have a chance to connect with Marida, Ple 1 suggests that they go out for ice cream. Ple 2 agrees, and they both say their "Pleplepleplepleple" catchphrase, leaving Marida confused.Marida: Pullupuullpll...?
- A case of Disproportionate Retribution played for laughs on the mission "Not Your Natto". Several of the support characters are all kidnapped by Vuitton in a plot to destroy all the natto in Japan. All of the kidnappees are flabbergasted by the ridiculousness of the plot, even more so when it's found that the reason for her plot is because someone got clumsy and spilled some natto on her at a restaraunt.
- Shogun Mifune isn't any more mature, he tried to take Zambot 3 for no reason other than that it looks like a samurai.
Kappei: If you have time to spout off that nonsense then you have enough time to eject and save yourself!Mifune: That's also not an unreasonable idea! *promptly ejects*
- During the final battle against the DG Alliance, after Mifune's robot was destroyed, he tried to make up a death poem on the spot. Kappei had to remind him that if he has time to do that, he could just eject, causing him to do so. When asked why he tried to save him, Kappei replies that it's because he praised Zambot 3's look.
- Asuka frequently comments on The Brave Express Might Gaine's characters and robots as being too cheesy, saying it all looks like something that came out of a kids TV show. Meanwhile, Akito, being a fanboy of super robot anime, is very aware of the standard tropes and can accurately predict what will happen next in the Mightgaine storyline.Asuka: Are you serious? It's like something out of a stupid hero comic or anime!Akito: That's what's so cool about it.
- Another one by Akito has him confront Lunna Naito. He sees through her disguise perfectly but what sells the hilarity of the scene is this next gem:Akito: More to the point, It's always the mysterious girl who cozies up to the hero, who is the spy. Everyone knows that.
- After all the guy has been through, he still has enough of the old Akito inside to crack a meta joke like that from his Gekigangar watching days.
- More specifically, this is a call back to Episode 10 of Nadesico, which showcases the very same trope in an episode of Gekigangar III whilst simultaneously deconstructing it in the 'real' story.
- After freeing Chris from Embryos influence, Rosalie comments that Chris has terrible taste in men, which sounds a bit rich since they were both going for Athrun, one of the resident Chick Magnets, before then.
- Black Might Gaine channeling his inner Domon Kasshu when fighting Exev
- Sousuke giving Kaname a verbal beating in order to bring her back to her senses.
- Bonta-kun is so cute that not even the final boss can resist his charms
- The Final Boss who sent Nine to analyze humanity failed to understand a single concept: Love. The Reason? Nine asked the question way too directly, which left people too embarrassed to answer the question. These group of people includes love freaks like Yurika. The normal ending emphasizes the humor in this when the boss' attitude breaks down into a Tsundere mode.
- The Best Part? They start playing The Exceeder by JAM Project when this begins.
- In the Golden Ending, when Ange decides to establish Arzenal as a resort, Tusk gets a terrifying idea about having to dress up as a girl.
- Nine questioning Ryoma about love. The person who is regarded as one of the most hot-blooded pilots in mecha history panics and would rather run away than give Nine an answer.
- Not just Ryoma. Koji and Sayaka reacted the same way while Go...left everything to Getter Energy...
- Shinji ran away screaming the moment Nine starts talking about him needing to "get some".
- Hoi Kow Lou creates Black Gaine, a copy of Gaine to defeat the heroes. Unfortunately for him, his copying process works too well and Black Gaine switches sides the minute he gets the chance as he shares the same sense of justice as the original.
- One secret mission has Ange in the Perolina suit meeting up with Bonta-kun. It ends with Sosuke trying to shoot down Perolina! Ange then returns the favor when she's back on her Vilkiss to try to shoot Sosuke inside Bonta-kun.
- The reactions the mercenaries make when they are shot down by Bonta-kun.
- The Insult Backfire when challenging Gates with Ange. After she offends his hairstyle, he takes it as a complete complement because he's the Great Gates. Ange is driven up the wall and nearly goes insane.
- After the stage, Sosuke and Ange meet at the Yamato hangar and both have a very awkward moment before Ange reveals that she knew Sosuke was inside the suit and says farewell to Mr. Bonta-kun.
- In a late-game secret scenario, the Earth Fleet is running low on supplies, since they've been fighting almost non-stop in deep space, with absolutely no way to resupply... except for salvage from destroyed enemies. Sure enough, they soon run into a Gamillas royal guard fleet, carrying shiploads of pillaged supplies from the Gatlantis front. And then the Crossbone Gundam theme starts playing... IT'S PIRATE TIME!
- "A Grudge Among Men" DLC mission has the guys being jealous of both Banjo and Athrun thanks to their Chick Magnet status. So when it's time for Athrun and his team to go out scouting, the guys decided to do whatever the hell they wanted, enumerating the reasons why they hate him and Banjo. Then Gates appears but the guys decided to gang up on him. While they did learn the lesson at the end of the day, it turns out that Nine set up cameras on their guns to learn how to be jealous and live streamed the event. Cue the girls hating on the jealous guys.
- In the scene before the start of the "A Life's Vow" DLC mission, as Tobia is about to confess to Bernadette, Soji/Chitose comes in. Upon seeing Tobia's disappointed face, Soji/Chitose soon realize exactly what they have done.
- Amuro's reaction to fighting his bio-brainAmuro: Heck if I know...All I know is that mecha is a real pain!
- Beecha once again becoming the captain of the Nahel Argama after Captain Otto falls ill. His captaining skills are so unorthodox, it leaves Angelo so dumbfounded that he can only question if Beecha is a fool or a genius.
- The Getter and Mazinger teams attempt to teach the EVA pilots about teamwork. Let's just say that Asuka made their job very difficult.
- One of Lane's lines in "G-Hound's Critical Battle" implies that Yazan grabbed his crotch, too. For those who don't know, he did the same to Arado Balanga and the Druggie Trio in the Alpha series.
- At the beginning of "Three Sisters of Axis", Ple and Ple Two attempt to boss Marida around as they are technically her elder siblings. Marida is helpless and begs for help. Zinnerman arrives to try and remedy the situation...only to be called "Bearded Bear" by the twins.
- Similar to the Miss Z-Blue contests in Z3, the women in Tenku get into an argument and intend to fight it out to decide who is the best woman. Nine is asked to organise the contest and pairs up all the women in some unique and hilarious match-ups. Nine will even participate herself and pilots the main mech solo. However, the contest is interrupted by Goer and his goons who are soon given a trashing of a lifetime. Nine's real objective for organising the contest will be different depending on who is the main character:
- If Soji is the main character, Nine will reveal that the objective of the contest was to find a suitable candidate to be Soji's girlfriend. Predictably, the women of Tenku all decide to withdraw from the contest upon learning the truth, leaving Nine the default winner.
- If Chitose is the main character, Nine will reveal that the objective of the contest was to determine who would be a challenger for Chitose since in her eyes, Chitose is the best woman. And by Nine's standards, none of the women are a match for Chitose, leaving Chitose the undisputed winner.
Quit Game Skits
- Nearly all of the skits starring the Cross Ange cast.
- Hilda remarks that both her Para-Mail and Salamandinay's Enryugo are red, and Salamandinay mentions that it's rumored that red machines have three times the performance of other machines. This causes Hilda to start fantasizing about how she'll be able to match Ange in battle, so they'll be able to protect each other, and then the two of them will... Salamandinay then teases that her face is turning red too.
- Another skit has Hilda picking a fight with Ange, challenging her to settle things in the hangar. That's not the funny part, the funny part is that there's another skit that starts exactly the same way... Until Hilda blushes and asks Ange to settle things in her bedroom.
- Another one has Vivian planning to upgrade her Razor with Lupus beam rifle and Balaena plasma cannons. Salia has to remind her that just because those weapons are sold at Jasmine Mall doesn't mean that a Para-Mail can use them. She then asks Salia if High Mega Cannon or Drive Wheel Sword are impossible as well, causing Salia to ask if she even knows what Para-Mails are capable of.
- There's a skit where Salia does her Pretty Salian routine, with spirit commands replacing key words in her lines. Ange interrupts her and reminds her that spirit commands aren't the same as magic, and Salia's reaction to being seen in costume is absolutely hilarious.
- Even Embryo gets one, saying that the player has the duty to witness the fruition of his plan, and that he'll always be eagerly awaiting for the player's return, even if it takes hundreds of years... Before adding that none of the above applies if the player is male.
- Another one with Embryo breaking down because of Tusk's speech of the latter doing things to Ange for three days and three nights. Those "things"? Playing ''Super Robot Wars V''. Ange's not impressed.
- When Banagher is having trouble activating the Unicorn's Destroy Mode, Kamille tells him that he can ask Shinn and Kira about "things that split over your head".
- Zabine. Just... Zabine.
- Velt and Lotte have a quit game skit... about quit game skits. It really, really doesn't get anymore meta than this.
- Joe Rival finds out the hard way that his 'Ace' nickname means jack shit when anyone who attains 60 kills will also receive the 'Ace' title."...Why do I have this inexplicable sense of bitterness...?"
Final BossThe final boss of the game, Nevanlinna, spent much of the game collecting data from the protagonists. During the final battle with her, however, it turned out that she learned a lot of weird and unnecessary things from our heroes...
- "Athrun Zala! Don't think I'll fall for you like other women!"
- "Kincade Nau! You'll never bake another bread again!"
- "Belfangan Clouseau! I know your secret!"
- "Kurz Weber! You damn male with an overactive urge for reproduction!"
- "Bonta-kun! You are... You are... So cute!
- "I understand now, Tusk! You are the enemy of all women!"
- "Quiz time, Vivian! Which one of us will be victorious!?"
- "Tetsuya Tsurugi! You lying traitor!Note "
Bonta-kunAs per series tradition, tons of enemies have some hilarious special dialogue against Bonta-kun. Only this time, it's not just pre-battle dialogue, but in-battle dialogue as well.
- Vuitton and Audrey argue over whether Bonta-kun is a bear or a mouse.
- Domel says that he can't leave "monsters" like that alone.
- The average Gamillas grunt wonders just what the hell were the Terrons thinking.
- Dessler says that he's in awe at the mysteries of the universe from seeing a weapon beyond his imagination.
- Jamie says that she wants to pet him, hug him, analyze him.
- Soldier androids and Gardim AIs simply say "Unable to analyze, does not compute".
- And then there's arguably the funniest of them all, Ahlforz, who says with a perfect straight face: "Ah, yes, 'fumo'... A concept that has been lost in Gardim." God only knows what concept he's talking about.
- It's clear that NO-ONE expected Space Battleship Yamato 2199 to be in the game, but this example takes the cake. In an anniversary concert for Super Robot Wars, many singers who sang the theme songs of all the featured series in V were brought in to reprise their respective tunes. One of them was Isao Sasaki, the singer of Space Battleship Yamato's theme song, and apparently he almost went "What am I doing here?".