- One of the best opening lines.Riker: Our guests have arrived. They are eating the floral arrangements on the banquet tables.
Crusher: I guess they don't believe in cocktails before dinner.
Troi: Oh, my God. Are they vegetarian? That's not in there!
Picard: Perhaps we should have the chef whip up a light balsamic vinaigrette— Something that goes well with chrysanthemums.
- "I seem to be missing several memory engrams." (Geordi presents Data with a handful of said components) "...There they are."
- Picard needs to get real, or get a new neck.Beverly Crusher: You either need a new uniform or a new neck.
Picard: Euchene Chefaw. My collar size is exactly as it was at the Academy.
Beverly Crusher: Of course it is.
- In the event of a water landing, Data has been designed to serve as a flotation device.
- How do Picard and Worf distract a crazy android? By singing, complete with Follow the Bouncing Ball.Picard: Mr. Worf, do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?
Worf: No sir. I have not had a chance to meet all the new crew members since I have been back.
Picard: (look of dismay) They're composers, Worf, from the 19th century.
- What sells the scene is Worf's expression going from "WTF?" to near-panic and shaking his head "NO!" before finally joining in.
- When Data is reactivated and Picard asks him what he remembers, he immediately picks the song up where he left off.
- The funniest thing about is that Geordi doesn't even bat an eyelash at this.
- There's a really good bit when the bad guys decide to give up:Lieutenant: Sir, Ru'afo's ship is hailing us.
Picard and Riker: On screen. (they exchange looks)
Worf: Captain, the Son'a crew would like to negotiate a cease-fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have three minutes of air left.
Picard: We have plenty over here, Mr. Worf. Prepare to beam aboard.
- "Have you noticed that your boobs have started to firm up?" - Data to Worf (Data had overheard Beverly and Deanna discussing the effects of the planet on them)
- "Definitely feeling aggressive tendencies, sir!"
- The moments between Data and Artim that aren't heartwarming - heck, even the funny moments are heartwarming!Data: I have to go home now.
- After Deanna shaves off his beard, Riker meets up with Data and Picard on the way to the turbolift. At Data's startled look Riker remarks, to his clear consternation:Riker: Smooth as an android's butt, eh, Data?
- But what really sells it is a few minutes later, after they've finished catching up on current events, when Data asks to touch Riker's newly-shaved face - and then just shakes his head smugly, and walks off.
- When the Son'a who are chasing the Enterprise hail them, Riker tries to bluff by saying that the transceiver is malfunctioning - and the Son'a call his bluff by firing a photon torpedo.Riker: Isn't that the universal greeting when communications are down?
Geordi: I think it's the universal greeting when you don't like someone.
- Riker getting all horny for Troi, and her willing to accomodate him. . . to a point.Troi: Yuck!
Troi: I never kissed you with a beard before.
Riker: I kiss you and you say "yuck?"
Troi: (closes her cabin door in his face)
- The entire scene is hilarious, from the moment Riker steps into Troi's quarters.Riker: I need a little counseling.
Troi: Well, there's a first time for everything.
- Riker and Troi eventually decide to shave the beard—by taking a bath together—which is then interrupted by Worf relaying a message from Admiral Dougherty. Fortunately for Riker and Troi, it's audio only.
- The entire scene is hilarious, from the moment Riker steps into Troi's quarters.
- When Worf greets Picard and Data in the transporter room, Picard notices a mark on Worf's nose and asks if he's been in a fight. Worf explains that it is a gorch.Picard: Gorch?
Data: (whispering) Pimple, sir.
Picard: (awkwardly) Oh, well...it's hardly noticeable.
- When Riker arrives to brief Picard, he notices the gorch and comments "Klingons never do anything small, do you?". Worf has a pained look that says "Fighting Jem'Hadar would be preferable to this".
Funny / Star Trek: Insurrection