- Chapter 5: Even if the circumstances weren't hilarious, Kirito's reaction was to when he thought he would have to take on a boss 80 players struggled against with only 5 newbies.This meant an eighty-player Raid Boss awaited Kirito before the end of it, and suddenly, all manner of curses against Kingseeker came to be from Kirito's mouth, and Silica's eyes widened, even as she pressed her hands against her ears to keep the naughty, never heard before words out of her twelve years old head.
- Chapter 7: Kirito learning not to tempt fate.Kirito (after killing a Hollow): Do you never end? (Two more appear) I was joking!Narrator: Apparently, Kingseeker was not.
- Chapter 14: We find a player riding a Hellkite Drake, while on fire by a pyromancer's spell.ArsPoetica: "I AM ON A DRAGON! I AM ON FIRE AND RIDING A DRAGON AND ALL MY LIFE'S AMBITIONS HAVE BEEN FULFILLED!"
- Chapter 33: We find out Lisabeth is aiming for First Girl Wins with the Oblivious to Love harem leader.Lisbeth: "Well, I know it might sound silly, but you know how nearly everyone keeps on hammering about 'Harem Leader' and 'Harem Addition Get'? Well, I asked around. Seems that when there's a Harem situation, the girl who acts first gets the male lead."
Lisbeth: "And if the leader is dense, then putting it out bluntly works too. Seriously Kirito, what does a girl need to do to get you to understand?"
Kirito: "Uh-Ah-I...I hadn't really thought about this."
Lisbeth: "I surrender. There is such a thing as 'too dense for his own good'."
- A bit of a Meta example, but between Chapter 33 and 34, several readers set up a pact to kidnap the various love interests for Kirito (To prevent infighting over who Kirito should get with). Within a day of a full party forming under this pact, the author includes the pact into the plot of the chapter. It inevitably ends horribly.darkHabit: Pardon us,but we must have a resolution to this!
olderThanTime: We are merely trying to prevent a needless schism within the Covenant!
- Chapter 38: Priscilla is brought to the battlefield in Fun Size and hoisted into the air, causing a Mid-Battle Tea Break for all of the players, even the Darkmoon Blades.Random Way of White Player: "This is Priscilla, and she is Fluffy!"
Lisbeth:"WILL YOU PLEASE CONCENTRATE ON THE BATTLE AT HAND YOU MORONS!?"
Lisbeth: . "AND BY THE WAY! KIRITO'S MINE!"
- Also, Lisbeth staking her claim on Kirito to Asuna:
darkHabit: "GO LISBETH, GO!"
Asuna: "B-But I don't want-"
- Chapter 39 has darkHabit bringing up people are actively betting on who Kirito is going to end up with, some of which are quite disturbing... and he's apparently the bookie!
Herlis: Kirito and LisbethHerasu: Kirito and AsunaHerhol: Kirito and HollowHerflu: Kirito and the Fluffy -ahem- Priscillasomething with Kirito and the Gaping Maw Dragon (Kirito lampshades they don't know its even female.)
- to account there is:
- And those are just the ones named before Kirito snaps.
- Chapter 40 has Strea ...hug... Asuna and comment on Kirito's luck with girls.Strea: Now, Kirito...you shameless Harem-Master!
- Kirito has to resort to Knee-capping other players from swarming Priscilla. Sinon has to use her Spear-Bow to keep them at bay afterwards.
- Chapter 41: Frakir'sbrother mentions obtaining a large supply of oil, prompting Intolight to question who was crazy enough to give the pyromaniac MORE fire. Trust_Chester claims it wasn't him.
- Dragonskyt wants to hide under a blanket to hide from the monsters. Harakon claims he already tried that.
- The pyromancers start singing fire-related songs while burning a passageway through the ooze, with Frakir'sbrother singing his own lyrics... and he gets PISSED when someone points it out.
- Chapter 42: Every reader who badmouthed the second black knight in between the chapters died in a way that relates to 42.
Random Sunbro: Our herald's so awesome, he beat a motherfucker with another motherfucker!
- Kirito hides from the knight in a pot. Enough said.
- This line:
- Chapter 43: darkHabit hides in a barrel in the forges to wait for Kirito to talk to Lisbeth.''' "I KNEW THIS WOULD YIELD RESULTS EVENTUALLY!THE HELIS PAIRING IS-"
- Said stop is when Lightdeviation hits him in the head with a hammer before carting him off.
- Did I mention the two are friends IRL?
- Chapter 44: Priscilla has started being The Tease and tricks Kirito into grabbing her tail. Cue a lot of the Fluffy worshipers wanting to cut it off... and worship it.
- Chapter 54: The group are facing what's possibly Cthulhu and still arguing over the parings of "Her Sin (Kirito x Sinon)", "Her Lis (Kirito x Lisbeth)", and "Her Prize (Kirito x Priscilla)"
- The next chapter adds Asuna "Her Ass (Kirito x Asuna)", of which she is so sick of hearing that she tosses a Warrior of Sunlight over a chasm to hear the end of it... and Klein ships it.
Funny / Souls Art Online