open/close all folders
Twitter Takeover 2
- Sonic and Eggman take to Twitter to answer people's questions, with hilarious results.
- Eggman has a message for Assassin's Creed, who also happen to be celebrating the birthday of Ezio Auditore Da Firenze.Eggman: Dear Assassin's Creed, hello! It's me, Dr. Eggman! I found something that belongs to you!Ezio: What is this place? Where am I? What are these odd glowing gemstones?Eggman: That's right, it's him! Enzio! Or Easy-O, however you say it.Ezio: No no, my name is Ezio Audit—Eggman: That's nice. [Ezio sighs] Anyway, if you want to see him in your world again, send pictures of kittens our way as soon as possible, or we're keeping him! Thanks.
- Sega sends in a question if Sonic and Eggman hang out a lot or are frenemies. Eggman immediately insists on them being mortal enemies...before asking Sonic if he wants any leftover chili dogs in the fridge.
- A question asks if Sonic 2006 has finished loading yet.
- Sonic: Heh...Some people say it's still loading to this day.Eggman: Here I just thought it never happened.
- The same animated compilation above has Eggman turn into his model from Sonic 2006 as he speaks.
- Sonic and Eggman respond to the Game Grumps, with Sonic getting a bit finicky at the mention of a certain game from his past.Sonic: Oh, hey, it's them. The Game Grumps. I know these guys.Sonic: Uh, my best game?Eggman: Y'know, the one with the princess and stuff, truly heartwarming story. You almost won that Oscar.Sonic: Woah, Eggman, listen. Sometimes you have to draw a line in the sand, man! You gotta ask yourself: "WHAT AM I WILLING TO PUT UP WITH TODAY!?"Eggman: Well, clearly not this.
- Sonic and Eggman respond to a question in Spanish, which Eggman understands. He then proceeds to sing La Macarena. This became a Brick Joke in the third Twitter takeover when both Sonic and Eggman convince Shadow to join their singing, and in the fourth when Tails joined in.
- Sonic and Eggman discover SiIvaGunner.Eggman: SiIvaGunner asks "What's your favorite high quality rip?"Sonic: Well, let's take a listen...Uh, are these real?Eggman: Well, says here that he only uploads high-quality rips, so must be.Sonic: Not bad, SiIvaGunner, not bad at all.
Twitter Takeover 3
- To promote the launch of Sonic Forces, Sonic and Eggman did another Twitter takeover, this time with Shadow the Hedgehog joining in as well. And since Shadow is portrayed as being The Comically Serious here, it goes about as well as you expect. Also, it's been nearly fourteen years, and apparently Shadow still hasn't found that DAMN fourth Chaos Emerald!
- The trio rates Infinite on a scale from One to "Ow The Edge". Made even funnier when Episode Shadow reveals that Shadow's rating and reasoning behind it isn't that far off from the truth, almost to the point of foreshadowing. Apparently, zero wasn't an option.Eggman: I'd give him a full caps-lock "Ow The Edge". He's great! Mostly...Sonic: Five out of ten on my side.Shadow: One. Infinite is but a mewling kitten in a world where darkness and terror knock daily on your door. He's just a cute ball of fluff. I am the one who knocks.
- A fan asks Sonic what occurred in Station Square after he defeated Perfect Chaos.Sonic: Ugh, water. Everywhere. And a lot of rebuilding.
- There's also the one where a fan asks them how they make their brand to be as cool as Sonic's own. Their answer involves making shots at the franchise in a way that would make even Deadpool himself proud.Sonic: Easy one, man. First, you make your own video game. Party games are good.Shadow: That sounds easy enough.Sonic: Then, in the game, you stop an evil villain from taking over the world.Eggman: Oh, I can help with that!Sonic: Then WHAM! The reviewers slam it and you get, like, 4 out of 10 because you were dating this human girl in it.Shadow: Tha— wait. I don't like that part...Eggman: Good luck, Alpharad.
- There's one where the question isn't asked, but is mostly just them getting offended over being labeled "not real" by Etika. For context, Etika stated on Twitter that the Q&A wasn't real, only for said tweet to "mysteriously disappear" a short time after followed by him admitting it was real, except it was too late.Shadow: Oh, look at this. Someone thought we weren't real!Sonic: Etika, Etika, Etika.Eggman: What, did you think that this was a game?!
- There's the one who is pretty much sending them a rescue request, as he wants to escape from the city. The trio end up trying to find what city he's in, which results in Eggman looking up his Twitter account... only to find out that the fan in particular works for Polygon, with Sonic gushing over the pixel art on his profile. Shadow asks if they're stalking him now, which Eggman denies.Sonic: Alright, Jeff. We still don't know what city you're in, so our advice is simple;All 3: RUN!!!!
- A fan asks the trio what types of music they listen to in their spare time. Mongolian throat singing is, in fact, a real thing. The fanbase has been searching videos of it up constantly since this came out.Eggman: Uhh, showtunes?Sonic: Mongolian throat singing. It's a thing. Google it.
- There's also a question mirroring the above one, in which a fan asks how they take their coffee in the morning. Sonic takes a iced latte, Eggman takes an iced americano, and Shadow...Shadow: I eat the coffee beans straight. They're delicious, and crunchy.
- Shadow and Eggman find a question that Sonic would rather skip.Shadow: Oh, this is a good one. @JoannaWhiteRose asks "To Sonic, I have a challenge for you. Tell me how much you like Amy and what you like in her."Eggman: Oh yeah Sonic, tell us what you like about that other hedgehog, Amy!Sonic: Oh, no. Guys, can we ju— can we just not do this right now? I mean, there's lots of other questions, like...Shadow: What, Sonic? Are you embarrassed?Eggman: Hehe, he's totally embarrassed! Ooh, I just got a message here from Infinite! It's a file called "Sonadow"...Sonic: NO, DON'T OPEN THAT!Eggman: @Cassidy1205 - that's a lot of numbers - asks "Shadow, what do you think about "Sonadow"?"Shadow: One word, Cassidy... NO.
- Earlier, a fan asks Shadow how one uses Chaos Control. The instructions are incredibly simplistic, to say the least.Shadow: It's simple. Hold Chaos Emerald, shout "Chaos Control!", go fast.
- The fan even calls Shadow "Shad" for short.
- The three get asked who's the edgiest character out of them. It's Shadow, but what's funny is that they constantly make references to a certain horror movie that came out earlier that same year, with Eggman saying he made a really sharp paper boat one time. The kicker? The fan who's asking the question is Wyatt Oleff, who has a role in said film.
- The trio runs into a very touchy subject.Shadow: MudkipCaptain, was it? Now you've angered me. Welcome to The List. It's a very special list, of very special people. I look forward to crossing your name off it someday.Sonic: RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!
- Shadow is a weeaboo.Shadow: First, anime is a highly-respected form of art, it was not a mistake. And second, I like the one with the edgy girl with the scissor blade.
- Bonus points for Eggman trying (and failing) to say "weeaboo".
- When one person asks what Eggman would do if he wasn't a Mad Scientist, Sonic thinks he could be a professional golfer, a movie star, or a chart-topping musician, while Shadow describes a scenario where Eggman adopts hundreds of cats and has to move out when they start multiplying. Eggman tells them to stop, as all of those possibilities are equally horrifying to him, and decides to stay as an evil genius now and forever...only to reveal he has a cat that somehow got in the recording booth.
- Shadow has a little trouble with Jacksepticeye's name.Shadow: Who are we tweeting here? Jack... something in his eye?
- When one fan asks if they'll answer their question:Sonic: Huh. Uhhhhhhhhh...... [pause] Yes.Shadow: Next question.
- There's also the one where a fan challenges Shadow to act happier than Sonic, with his reward being...you guessed it; the fourth Chaos Emerald! Shadow accepts the challenge...and completely fucks it all up, not even smiling or sounding happier, like he wasn't even trying. Sonic corpsing at the whole thing makes it funnier.Eggman: Well... at least he tried.
- This one from @frosted_oreo about asking Eggman for an internship, "asking as a desperate college student."Eggman: [chuckling nervously] Heh, heh...that's not depressing at all.Shadow: I've got a job description here for an intern at the Eggman Empire lot in North Hollywood.Sonic: Oh, let's see what it says. "Entry level position. Requires 5 to 10 years experience." Oh, 'cause that makes sense.All 3: GOOD LUCK, MILLENNIALS.
- At the end of the Q&A, Shadow is convinced that what the fanbase really needs is a new game with only him in it without any appearance of Sonic or Eggman, and his sidekick: Big the Cat. Sonic and Eggman do not agree in the slightest.
Twitter Takeover 4
- How did Sega decide to celebrate the release of Team Sonic Racing? You guessed it: a DAMN 4th Twitter Takeover, now adding Tails to the roster.
- When Sonic is gushing over Tails after a fan asks what he likes about him, Shadow's response?
- Before that point, Shadow brings up the time Sonic was launched out of the Space Colony ARK. Eggman nonchalantly reminisces about the incident, while Tails is embarrassed.
- Eggman doesn't remember what happened in the end of Team Sonic Racing Overdrive. Sonic and Tails agree that this is for the best.
- At one point, someone asks what their favorite snacks are. This prompts Eggman to hijack the question in order to have Sonic give a shout out to the sponsor of the 4th takeover: Chaos Cola, having been promised a free mini-fridge. Sonic is less than pleased about having to read it, citing the script in the most annoyed, deadpan monotone imaginable. Shadow then chastises all of them for being "corporate shills".
- The Gushers Twitter account asks Sonic to explain a picture of him circa Sonic Adventure 1 saying "I like Gusher". Tails, being a textbook case of Genius Sweet Tooth, asks them to send some over to his workshop. Shadow then chastises him for being a "corporate shill", even quoting the "Silence, brand." meme... then proceeds to solicit them for Gushers.
- The annual singing of Macarena returns. Then things get awkward when Tails actually knows the full song, causing the others to become perplexed and fail hilariously at keeping up. By the end, all four are confused.
- One fan calls Shadow's speed into question compared to Sonic's, citing his use of rocket boosters. Shadow...doesn't take it well.
- The amount of animatics for this scene is staggering.
- Favorite breakfast choices. Sonic & Tails have chili dogs. Eggman has waffles. Shadow continues to have his raw coffee beans.
- Eggman gets asked how he keeps his moustache looking good. As it turns out, he uses gel and then trims it. Everyone then starts wondering what he would look like if his moustache was shaved off. Eggman then Screams Like a Little Girl when they all attack.
- The four are asked about their favorite memory. Sonic's is stopping the ARK from crashing. Tails' is meeting Sonic for the first time, followed by his adventure on Cocoa Island. Eggman's is beating Sonic, which he's only done a few times. Shadow's? Being dead.Sonic: Wow, OK. That got dark.
- One fan wonders what Shadow's ultimate day would be like. After some prodding, Shadow does exactly what you'd expect.Tails: (mimicking Shadow) "Dear Diary, today I brooded. And brooded some more. And then raised some Chao."
Eggman: Hey, that's not bad, Tails.
Shadow: Quiet, fox. My ultimate day would consist of a nice two handfuls of coffee beans in the morning, followed by a playthrough of the world's greatest video game...
Sonic: Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric?
Shadow: No! Shadow the Hedgehog.
Tails: Probably should've seen that one coming.
Shadow: Then I head outside to do mysterious things, like saving people in need at the last moment, or picking up cool, dark clothing that I'll never wear.
Eggman: And then after that?
Shadow: Finally, I head home, and put on a good movie, like Chao In Space 3 (which features me). It's much better than Chao In Space 2.
Sonic: ...Yeah. Thanks for the question, Menno!
Shadow: Wait, I'm not done ye-
- One tweet asks Tails "what does the fox say?" Tails and Sonic promptly have a hushed conversation about angry lawyers before Tails starts singing "I Wanna Fly High" (which Eggman calls him out on), while Shadow reacts with confusion to the other three.
- It's been 15 years and Shadow still hasn't found that @#!& 4th Chaos Emerald. And yes, Shadow's speech is actually censored. All of his attempts to bypass it fail.
- Ross from the Game Grumps asks if Eggman could actually be faster than Sonic while rolling. Tails and Eggman actually do the math while bringing up a scenario in which Eggman had no bones to slow him down, which naturally freaks him out. The answer turns out to be yes, but only after 7.8 miles. And during the entire Tweet, Shadow keeps messing up the group's name, calling them the "Grumpy Guys" and the "Grumpy-Grumps".
- Sonic is once again asked about his feelings for Amy. This time, he runs off, with his picture even dropping out of the frame to accentuate it.
- This time, Sonic, Tails, and Eggman get asked what their favorite anime is.Eggman: Oh, mine's a bit dark. You might not like it. It involves Ghouls and the like.
Sonic: Ha! Mine's easy. Sonic X! Not that I'm biased, or anything. How 'bout you, Tails?
Tails: I like the one with the kid who becomes a hero. ONE FOR ALL!
Shadow: Mine's still the one with the girl and the scissor blade. It's the greatest anime of all time, and none of you will ever change my mind.
- Someone decides to ask Eggman for a paid internship in his Empire.Sonic: Whoa whoa whoa, Kimmyko, let me stop you right there. You REALLY don't want this internship. Trust me.
Tails: Hey, I could use an intern! I—I mean, I couldn't pay you in anything but gold rings, but—
Eggman: Will you two stop trying to poach my new hires?! People wonder why HR can't find quality candidates, and now I realise it's you two! Kimmyko, I don't pay my interns. Because it's the most evil thing I can do. But I'd be happy to have you join the Eggman Empire.
Shadow: Between us, I recommend going your own way. You don't need Eggman or Sonic & Tails. Trust only yourself.
Eggman: Exactly. Trust yourself to IGNORE SHADOW AND FOLLOW ME. Welcome aboard.
- Good ol' Caddy asks the crew why they collect rings when an anagram of Sonic's name is "Coins".
- The gang get philosophical for a moment.Tails: Chris Scullion asks, "Do ghosts and spirits of our deceased loved ones exist, or are they merely mental projections constructed in our own minds as a coping mechanism, as knowing they still have some presence, albeit a merely ethereal one, gives some comfort?"
Shadow: Don't worry, I got this one.
- One question asks Eggman how long it took him to concoct his plan to trap the other three via the Twitter takeover. He's about to put his scheme into motion... but Tails already disarmed all the traps, Shadow destroyed the robots above them (He let loose a Chaos Blast earlier), and Sonic had Knuckles trash Eggman's lair while they were answering questions. As it turns out, the takeover was a plan to lure Eggman away from his base.