- Sonic telling Emerl to ignore Knuckles. This is pulled at a time when he has just barely realised how Emerl works, meaning Emerl genuinely ignores Knuckles. Sonic is Trolling Knuckles.
- Speaking of "trolling Knuckles," Emerl seems to take after Sonic in that he seemingly enjoys pushing Knuckles' buttons just to make him mad. Especially in Knuckles' chapter, where Emerl proceeds to immediately blab to Tails and Sonic about how Eggman tricked Knuckles.
- The end of Cream's chapter, where Sonic compliments a frozen, angry Eggman on "his new dance" as he struggles against being paralyzed and switches between two different sprites.
- Also in Cream's chapter, while Emerl and Cream are training in preparation for a fight against Chaos Gamma, Eggman tries to call them on the computer nearby. Neither of them pick up, which leads to Sonic not believing that Eggman has anybody hostage.
- The name of Skill #003, Sonic's Air Action: "Sonic Ballet".
- During Tails' chapter, you can actually forfeit the fight between Tails with Emerl and Rouge (through the pause screen). It plays out with Tails losing and having to do what Rouge wanted. Rouge gives him the pass anyway, but not before she gives him a kiss on the cheek. Tails' reaction as well as the fact Rouge was doing this just because she liked to tease Tails is pretty funny.
- Eggman tries to lure Knuckles and Emerl to his base, Gimme Shelter. How? By shouting "THEY'LL NEVER FIND MY HIDEOUT AT GIMME SHELTER, LOCATED IN NIGHT BABYLON!" When this works, he says that he deserves an award for his acting.
- Sonic tells Shadow that he should do something with Emerl other than fighting him, such as playing games together or something. Shadow just remains silent.
- In Amy's story, she and Emerl head to Club Rouge since Emerl senses an emerald shard there. Rouge finds them and she and Amy are about to fight before Emerl talks them out of it. Then this happens.Emerl: Now, now, you two. There's no need for you two to fight, ok?Amy: Oh, you're right, Emerl. I'm supposed to set an example for youRouge: Yeah, except your whole life is an example of mistakes! Haa haa haa.
- At the end of Amy's story, Sonic tells Amy to close her eyes. Amy assumes he's going to kiss her. Then Sonic ditches Amy.Emerl: Sonic has left at sonic speed already...Amy: Oh Sonic! You're so shy!Emerl: I don't think that's the case...
- In Shadow's story, Rouge has to carry Shadow back to her night club after he passes out from a sneak attack by one of Eggman's robots. She's not particularly happy that after managing to make it most of the way, Shadow passes out right in front of the store and she had to carry him in.Rough: Having me carry anything heavier than jewelry! The nerve! I'll never do this again! Not even for all the jewelry in the... Well...
Funny / Sonic Battle