This section is for the Woody Allen film Sleeper:
- Much of the humor is how hilariously shoddy the future looks. This isn't a case of the effects not standing the test of time; Allen specifically wanted everything to look really tacky, to rub in how the oppressive government has screwed everything up.
- When Woody Allen and a guard fight with enormous-sized food including a gigantic banana, and a super-sized strawberry.
- Not to mention slipping on the gigantic banana peel!
- A gay couple give Allen a balloon suit to escape in, but it gets a hole in it, sending him speeding across a swamp!
- The cops and their weapon to catch the hero just keeps failing!
- First, the weapon blows up; later, it's the plunger that blows up. And finally, the cops' transport van explodes!
- When they show Miles a picture of Richard Nixon, he glumly admits that it's of the President when he was frozen.Whenever the president went on foreign leave, the White House staff counted the silverware.
- Also an Awesome Moment for Allen; remember, in 1973 Nixon was still President. And do remember that the jerk was on HUAC! Allen risked his career there.
- It wasn't enough for Allen to parody HAL-9000; he actually brought in Douglas Rain himself to monologue about growing a new leader out of the old one's nose in the same velvet monotone.
This section is for the Wildstorm comic book Sleeper.
- Out of nowhere during a very tense interrogation scene after Holden has been captured by IO:Marc Slayton: You wanna hear a funny story, Carver?Holden Carver: Sure, but it better be really funny.Marc Slayton: So, its like this Ive got two different women telling me the same thing. Any idea why thats the case?Holden Carver: Id say it really is too small.
- Peter Grimm: You picked the wrong titty-bar, metal dick!
- Grifter's meeting with The Authority in Point Blank.Midnighter:Just make sure you kill TAO when you get the chance. Hes giving us test-tube babies a bad name And thats my job.Grifter (to Jack Hawksmoor): As much evil as The Authoritys taken down, and for some reason you leave the fucking internet alone. Whats up with that?
Hawksmoor: What can I say? Im addicted to the message boards.