- From the first Saw, most of Adam's lines to Lawrence throughout the first half of the film could be considered comedic gems."I went to bed in my shithole apartment, and woke up in an actual shithole.""My name is Very Fucking Confused! What's your name?""I'm having a blast! This is the most fun I've had without lubricant!"(When Lawrence insists Adam has been hiding things from him) "Oh, well, let's see. On my sixth birthday, my best friend at the time, Scott Tibbs, stabbed me with a rusty nail, I didn't tell you about that. I didn't tell you that my last girlfriend was a feminist vegan punk who broke up with me because she thought I was too angry. I also haven't told you that one of my toenails is slight—.""I don't give a crap if you covered yourself in peanut butter and had a 15-hooker gangbang!"
James Wan: "We peed in the bathtub. We all took turns peeing in there. We told Leigh it was Lipton Tea."
- When Adam searches the toilet for anything that might help Lawrence and he escape, he first dunks his hand into the filthy bowl, eventually coming up empty handed. He then checks inside the clean tank and immediately finds the bag Jigsaw left for them. He dryly remarks, Wish I'd checked in there first.
- The commentary track on the unrated edition DVD, with Leigh, Cary, and James. They have a total blast and mock the film a ton, as well as share several funny stories. And Cary even does a Marlon Brando impression. Apparently Leigh was the production team's Butt-Monkey as well:
"I call it the Saw 18 days drinking game."
- Also on the unrated DVD, the Easter eggs. "Saw in 60 seconds," where the whole movie is reenacted by BARBIE DOLLS, and the Cast and Crew talking about Billie The Puppet as if he's an actual actor.
- While the credits roll during the commentary, Leigh says that he's invented a Saw drinking game: finish your shot every time, while watching the commentary, James mentions how he only had 18 days to film the whole movie.
- Adam's Bad "Bad Acting" when he tries to convince whoever's watching that he's actually dead.
- From Saw II, there is a moment where Addison and Xavier have a brief fight:[Xavier is repeatedly whacking a door with a baseball bat with nails on it - it isn't working, everyone's watching]Addison: Well we've established that the macho bullshit approach isn't opening the door. Any other suggestions?Xavier: [turns round to Addison] Look who's talking, the only door you know how to open is between ya' legs!
- Made even funnier by the fact that Frankie G improvised that line.
- From the third movie, while Lynn is operating on Jigsaw.Lynn: John, how're we doing?Jigsaw: Never better.
Amanda: I'm sorry, I know it's hard to concentrate when you're surrounded by so many things you could kill me with.
- While Lynn and Amanda are arguing in a room filled with unused traps.
- In Saw V, when Brit and Mallick realize that everyone was supposed to work together, and that three people have needlessly died.Mallick: Whoops...Brit: Yeah, big fucking whoops!
- In Saw VI, there's the Carousel Trap, in which six people spin around in a cage, and William, who's outside has to choose which two to live by pressing buttons to hold back a bullet on the person it's aiming at, making a sacrifice of his own by doing so. This is no doubt a very serious moment, but when they try to lie to convince him not to kill them, it becomes a little funny.Uhmm...I'm-I'm pregnant!No, she's not! She's lying!
Jigsaw: Healthcare decisions should be made by doctors and their patients, not by the government. Well, now I know they're not made by doctors and their patients or the government. They're made by the fucking insurance companies.
- John's lecture to Will about healthcare starts out as intimidating as it should be, then takes a surprisingly amusing turn.
(beat, tense music reaches a crescendo, then stops)
—>Jigsaw: (amusedly) Piranha! (cut to Jigsaw staring into William's fish tank, which is full of piranha)
Will: The type of cancer you have is malignant and inoperable.
- In the same scene:
Jigsaw: That rolled off your tongue real smooth.
Will: Even if the treatment works, the cancer will return eventually. It's an unwinnable battle.
Jigsaw: That was even smoother. As a matter of fact, that was downright slick.
- The conclusion to the Horsepower Trap in Saw 3D. The run-up was creepy, but this part just comes off as slapsticky.
Dina: What the fuck are you doing?!
- Chester Bennington's screams of pain/fear sound very similar to his stage sing-screams, which can make parts of this scene hilarious.
- Just how quickly and brutally Brad and Ryan subvert Love Makes You Dumb in the opening trap.
- In Jigsaw, when Billy rolls out on his trike and does his signature cackle, Ryan dryly remarks, "That's not creepy at all."
Hunt: C'mon, man, you're talking about a brother.Halloran: I got a brother, he's a fucking asshole.
- At the beginning, when the five are being dragged to the blades, Logan just lays on the ground unconscious, almost looking like he doesn't give a damn about the situation he's in. Rarely has that sort of Delayed Reaction been both dark and hilarious.
- Ryan's Delayed Reaction to seeing Mitch's sliced up corpse is darkly hilarious.
- While Hunt and Halloran are discussing Logan as a suspect:
Hunt: Let's just say you can call off the search for Edgar Munsen.Halloran: Oh, COME ON!
- Later on, when Hunt exhumes Jigsaw's casket... and finds Edgar Munsen in his place.
Hunt: You called him a moron in the press. Twice.Logan: No, I said he was an impulsive asshole... twice.
- When Logan and Hunt are arguing about why Halloran would want to frame Logan.
- From the second video game, Michael finds out that one of the things he has to do is blow open a gate with chemical explosives. It's all in the delivery: he just doesn't sound surprised anymore at how his night's turning out.Michael: Great, now I'm making bombs. This is a good idea.
Funny / Saw