- Most of Adam's lines to Lawrence throughout the first half of the film could be considered comedic gems."Nothing. I went to bed in my shithole apartment, and woke up in an actual shithole. What about you?"
"My name is Very Fucking Confused! What's your name? What's going on here?"
"I'm having a blast! This is the most fun I've had without lubricant!"
[When Lawrence insists Adam has been hiding things from him] "Oh, well, let's see. On my sixth birthday, my best friend at the time, Scott Tibbs, stabbed me with a rusty nail, I didn't tell you about that. I didn't tell you that my last girlfriend was a feminist vegan punk who broke up with me because she thought I was too angry. I also haven't told you that one of my toenails is slight—"
"I don't give a crap if you covered yourself in peanut butter and had a 15-hooker gangbang!"
"Give me that sweet cancer!"
- When Adam searches the toilet for anything that might help Lawrence and he escape, he first dunks his hand into the filthy bowl, eventually coming up empty handed. He then checks inside the clean tank and immediately finds the bag Jigsaw left for them. He dryly remarks, Wish I'd checked in there first.
- The commentary track on the unrated edition DVD, with Leigh, Cary, and James. They have a total blast and mock the film a ton, as well as share several funny stories. And Cary even does a Marlon Brando impression. Apparently Leigh was the production team's Butt-Monkey as well:James Wan: We peed in the bathtub. We all took turns peeing in there. We told Leigh it was Lipton Tea.
- Also on the unrated DVD, the Easter eggs. "Saw in 60 seconds," where the whole movie is reenacted by BARBIE DOLLS, and the cast and crew talk about Billy the Puppet as if he's an actual actor.
- While the credits roll during the commentary, Leigh says that he's invented a Saw drinking game: finish your shot every time, while watching the commentary, James mentions how he only had 18 days to film the whole movie."I call it the Saw 18 days drinking game."
- Adam's Bad "Bad Acting" when he tries to convince whoever's watching that he's actually dead.
- On second viewings, realizing that when Jigsaw says that Daniel is "in a safe place", hes basically giving Matthews a clue by way of a dad joke.
- Addison and Xavier have a brief fight:[Xavier is repeatedly whacking a door with a baseball bat with nails on it - it isn't working, everyone's watching]Addison: Well we've established that the macho bullshit approach isn't opening the door. Any other suggestions?Xavier: [turns round to Addison] Look who's talking, the only door you know how to open is between ya' legs!
- Made even funnier by the fact that Frankie G improvised that line.
- While Lynn is operating on John.Lynn: John, how're we doing?
John: Never better.
- While Lynn and Amanda are arguing in a room filled with unused traps.Amanda: I'm sorry, I know it's hard to concentrate when you're surrounded by so many things you could kill me with.
- When Brit and Mallick realize that everyone was supposed to work together, and that three people have needlessly died.Mallick: Whoops...Brit: Yeah, big fucking whoops!
- First there's the Shotgun Carousel, in which six people spin around in a cage, and William, who's outside has to choose which two to live by pressing buttons to hold back a bullet on the person it's aiming at, making a sacrifice of his own by doing so. This is undoubtedly a very serious moment like always, but when they try to lie to convince him not to kill them, it becomes a little funny.Gena: Uhmm... I'm—I'm pregnant!Josh: No, she's not! She's lying!
- John's lecture to William about healthcare starts out as intimidating as it should be, then takes a surprisingly amusing turn.John: Healthcare decisions should be made by doctors and their patients, not by the government. Well, now I know they're not made by doctors and their patients or the government. They're made by the fucking insurance companies.
[*Beat*, tense music reaches a crescendo, then stops]
Jigsaw: [amusedly] Piranha! [cut to Jigsaw staring into William's fish tank, which is full of piranha]
- In the same scene:William: The type of cancer you have is malignant and inoperable.
John: That rolled off your tongue real smooth.
William: Even if the treatment works, the cancer will return eventually. It's an unwinnable battle.
John: That was even smoother. As a matter of fact, that was downright slick.
- In the same scene:
- The conclusion to the Horsepower Trap. The run-up was creepy, but this part just comes off as slapsticky.
- Evan's screams of pain/fear sound very similar to Chester Bennington's stage sing-screams, which can also make parts of the scene hilarious.
- Just how quickly and brutally Brad and Ryan subvert Love Makes You Dumb in the opening trap.Dina: WHAT ARE DOING, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES?!
- When Billy rolls out on his trike and does his signature cackle, Ryan dryly remarks, "That's not creepy at all."
- At the beginning, when the five are being dragged to the blades, Logan just lays on the ground unconscious, almost looking like he doesn't give a damn about the situation he's in. Rarely has that sort of Delayed Reaction been both dark and hilarious.
- Ryan's Delayed Reaction to seeing Mitch's sliced up corpse is also darkly hilarious.
- While Hunt and Halloran are discussing Logan as a suspect:Hunt: C'mon, man, you're talking about a brother.
Halloran: I got a brother, he's a fucking asshole.
- Later on, when Hunt exhumes Jigsaw's casket... and finds Edgar Munsen in his place.Hunt: Let's just say you can call off the search for Edgar Munsen.
Halloran: Oh, COME ON!
- When Logan and Hunt are arguing about why Halloran would want to frame Logan.Hunt: You called him a moron in the press. Twice.
Logan: No, I said he was an impulsive asshole... twice.
- When Zeke comes home and senses that someone might be in his apartment, he has his gun at the ready just in case
only for it to be his father Marcus, which leads to the following exchange. Its the delivery between Samuel L. Jackson and Chris Rock that makes it.Marcus: You pulled a gun on your old man? Are you out of your fucking mind? I couldve killed you!
Zeke: What are you talking about? I got the gun.
Marcus: (holds up his own gun) I couldve killed you.
- At the end of the film, after the SWAT team unintentionally activates Marcus' trap and his restraints begin lifting him up again, out of a mixture of drowsiness and shock, he can't help but wonder aloud, "The fuck goin' on?" — and given it's Samuel L. Jackson saying it, it makes for a weirdly funny bit in an extremely dire scene.
- From the second game, Michael finds out that one of the things he has to do is blow open a gate with chemical explosives. It's all in the delivery: he just doesn't sound surprised anymore at how his night's turning out.Michael: Great, now I'm making bombs. This is a good idea.