open/close all folders
- Shannel monologuing non-stop for 10 minutes in what was supposed to be a 30 second commercial for Mac Viva-Glam to the visible irritation of the Pit Crew.
- When the girls try on each other's outfits, Ongina wears Bebe's wig and it's almost as big as she is!
- Shannel's presentation during the Absolut Drag Ball: "Well, hi there! I'm the delicious Miss Mandarin. Oh! Mmh. Pthpthpthpthpthpthpth".
- Jujubee reading the other queens.
- Her reaction to her win was pretty priceless too:
I WIN! FINALLY.
- Jessica Wild literally runs out for the rocker chick challenge, greeting the crowd with this loud, awkward, high-pitched scream. Cut to guest judge Henry Rollins, who visibly cringes. (The kicker is that Jessica still wound up winning.)
- Jessica Wild drinking Absolut Vodka nonstop in her interview. "Oh, I love that Absolut Ahhhsayyyeee, oh my God!"
- During Season 2's wedding dress challenge, the queens were having a serious discussion about the importance of same-sex marriage as they worked on their dresses...except Tyra Sanchez, who was obliviously singing to her iPod—loudly and off-key—the whole time while the other queens shoot her death glares.
- Pandora Boxx gets an excellent bit of revenge on Santino Rice during the reunion by describing his outfit as "homeless chic."
- In Untucked, one fight between Sharon Needles and Phi Phi O'Hara was so heated they fought through RuPaul's message to head to the Gold Bar. The editing even made it look like they unknowingly missed out on an opportunity to meet Dita von Teese, who waited patiently as Muzak played in the background and Sharon and Phi Phi can be heard bitching on the other side of the door leading into the Interior Illusions Lounge. (In reality, they did meet Dita and had a great time with her.)
- One of the best burns being delivered by, of all people, former NBA star Rick Fox.
(Of a "Carrie Bradshaw" inspired outfit) She was trying for Sex and the City, but all she got was Sex In The Alley.
- After Kenya Michaels was eliminated, she wrote the queens an open letter where she reads all of them to filth.
- During the Untucked of Season 4's Snatch Game, Latrice, Dida, and Jiggly all pick names from the big pink box and impersonate their fellow queens. Hilarity Ensues.
- Shangela's big reveal in the season 4 opener, which involves her getting locked in a box, set on fire, attacked by a rabid honey badger, and finally eaten by zombies, all for calling RuPaul OLD.
- Willam had so many funny moments, but her naked photoshoot was among the best. She wasn't even supposed to be naked!
- Also, from that photoshoot, this:
Willam (in Mocking Sing-Song mode, staging a Pillow Fight with the pit crew):
Haaa haaa, I'm the prettiest ooo-one, now that Kenya's gooo-one! Ha ha, youuuu caaaaan't fuuuuuck meeeee!
- Jiggly Caliente's reaction to watching Latrice Royale de-drag for the first time:
- Untucked even recreated one of Sharon and Phi Phi's fights, using the dogs from the episode.
- During the "frenemies" challenge, Phi Phi and Sharon are paired together (surprise, surprise) and are tasked to sing live. They opt to give Ru a little preview...
- Kenya's drag sister "Li'l Mama" in the makeover challenge doesn't know how to tuck, so she has to help him behind a screen. Latrice overhears him complaining and can't help but grin.
Li'l Mama: My dick's gonna look like a tail!
- The Reunion interview with Willam has its moments:
Rupaul: So, in other words, you were receiving conjugal visits from your husband and unfortunately that was a violation of the rules?
Willam: "Visiting" makes it sound like we were visiting, and there was no talking...
- During All Stars, Alexis admitting that even though both she and Yara Sofia both speak Spanish and English half the time she doesn't understand her in either language.
- Ongina and Delta Work driving the final four.
Raven: Ongina? Hit it! Step on it!
Ongina: I'm trying, there's traffique.
- The superheroine runway — just listening to the serious delivery of each of the queen's campy hero/villain backstories, punctuated by the mood inappropriate catcalls of the judges watching them strut down the runway in their latex/sequined/bondage-play costumes.
- Literally everything involving Tammie Brown.
Ha! Ha! I'm acting.
Tears in the rain. Can't feel the pain.
(singing) Change your costume, Mimi! Change your costume, change it around!
Well, come on, Teletubby
! Teleport us to Mars!note
- This gets brought up again in Manila's Meet the Queens video for All Stars 4:
Manila: I'm back, I'm not a Teletubby no more, but if Miss Tammie ever wants to be teleported to Mars, I'm her girl.
- Roxxxy Andrews talking about her "makeup dress", which she likens to Little House on the Prairie. And Penny Tration then showing off her own African-style makeup dress with "I see your Little House on the Prairie and raise you Africa!"
- In season 5, RuPaul criticizes Coco, who is playing a ventriloquist dummy.
- Jinkx Monsoon warns the other queens in the competition to take her seriously... only to cut to her asleep on the couch curled up in a fetal position.
- Lineysha pitching ideas in the children's show. "Why don't we get a muffin and he talking like AGHAGHAGHAGH"
- Detox admitting that she's had "some work done" (i.e. plastic surgery) and proceeding to give off a Long List of virtually every body part you could think of while Alaska stares on in disbelief. And then at the very end announcing that she's a member of the Glad product line due to having so much plastic. To put this in perspective, she finishes by saying that the only things she hasn't had done are her nose, knees, and her big toe.
- The RuPaul Roast
- Alaska who, in addition to poking fun at guest judge Leslie Jordan and Michelle Visage, did some great rapid-fire "RuPaul is so old..." jokes
"RuPaul is so old that the Hindenberg disaster nearly destroyed her Bat Mitzvah"
"RuPaul is so old that her colostomy bag is made of wood"
"RuPaul is so old that when she opens her legs, all you hear is puuuuh."
- Coco as Ru's "ghetto cousin" while roasting her. She ended up winning the challenge.
- Alyssa's microphone getting turned off because her jokes were so bad. You half expected a Vaudeville Hook to come out and yank her off stage.
- Earlier in the workroom Michelle repeatedly telling her that her jokes weren't jokes and were actually just insults was cringe-inducingly hilarious. Especially Alyssa's blank stare which made it obvious it was not sinking in.
- Jinkx's bit:
"Michelle Visage is so full of semen... Period. No seriously, she's a whore."
"Ru, what I admire most about you is your ability to look at these tired queens and always find a compliment for them. You're so full of shit, the toilet's jealous."
- Ivy: "Having sex with Santino is a lot like Ru's music career: ...awkward."
- Detox: "You are fucking gayer than the Fire Island production of RENT."
- "Michelle's favorite movie in the whole world is Showgirls, and much like Nomi Malone, she relies on the talents of her black friend!"
- The perfume episode's mini-challenge, where the queens had to match the underwear on 22 muscle-bound models. Since the queens are holed up in a hotel and have had minimal contact with the outside world, they hadn't had sex in months and just stared at the men like a pack of starving wolves. Needless to say, they had some trouble with the matching.
- A lot of the comments made are pretty good, too.
RuPaul: You don't seem to be doing very well, Alyssa.
Alyssa: No, I'm doing well; I'm just not making any matches.
- The perfume commercials
- "Heroine by Detox," playing on both the drug and a strong female:
Seduction, addiction, (suddenly deep voice) Heroine. Sexy, sultry, Heroine. A new addiction for the addictive woman. Available at the clinic.
- Some of Aubrey O'Day's critiques took the cake too:
"This smells like a Kim Kardashian sex tape [...] Most of these just smell like Grandma's vag."
- Jinkx Monsoon's entire commercial for "Delusion", which starts with her lounging around with two hunks like they'd just had a threesome, only to cut to her waking up alone on a couch. The clincher is having some Chex mix on her thigh when she wakes up.
- Alaska's "Red for Filth." You can hear Ru cackling in the background, which just makes it that much funnier.
Dangerous. Flawless. Overpriced. Whether youre getting read the house down (your makeup is terrible) or just ready to go down, the exciting new fragrance Red for Filth. Are you red...y for me?
- For that matter, Alaska's tone of voice and facial expressions as she says, "I just wanna spray it all over mah bodeh raght neeeowh!" Especially that thing she does with her jaw.
- "Oooh.. it smells like IHOP! Your country breakfast is ready! Y'all hungry?"
- The entire sequence in season 5 when the gay vets are trying to tuck for the first time. It does not go well for several of them. Especially how one attempts to use duct tape after size issues make it difficult and Coco explains why this is a bad idea. Later turns into a Brick Joke when the vets are watching from the lounge and are still talking about it.
- Michelle Visage referring to Rolaskatox as "Rolodex" and even after Ru corrects her, Michelle says she likes her version better.
- Alaska's Roxxxy puppet, complete with having a wig under another wig and a tear off under another tear off.
- Jinkx's lipsync to Yma Sumac's "Malambo #1" in the Sugar Ball episode is the single funniest lipsync from the entire show.
- "LIL' POUND CAKE!!!"
- Roxxxy being completely confused by the "Sequin versus Sequins" thing. She's actually Latina, and apparently English is not her first language. This was the only time it showed, and it was absolutely hilarious.
- Alyssa shouting at Coco, "Look how orange you fucking look, girl!" while Coco was in the middle of applying foundation (which really was an ungodly shade of orange), which the season rewind episode ever-so-helpfully drove home by putting Coco's face in a Dorito. For that matter, Coco's Death Glare where she looks like an Oompa-Loompa samurai counts too.
I'M NOT JOKIN', BITCH!
- To Coco's credit, she's had some fun with this. In the reunion she admits that yes, she was very, very orange then, and a couple months later she posed for a photo in front of a Doritos truck.
- Alyssa's status as a Fountain of Memes. Comedy wasn't her thing, but she was perhaps the most unintentionally hilarious and quotable queen on the show:
Bitch sit your ass down and shut the hell up, bitch!
Coco was backstabbing me behind my back!
I don't get cute, I get drop-dead gorgeous!
- Now available as a dance mix.
- During the reunion, a fan submitted a question asking whether or not she'd figured out what Alyssa's Secret was. Her response: "It's 9 inches and fully functional!"
- Alyssa tries acting out an orgasm during the Telenovela challenge, and her attempt is just pathetic. Jinkx's read in response is savage.
Jinkx: ...have you ever had one?
- The mini-challenge where the queens had to put on their makeup in the dark is perhaps the funniest mini-challenge in the entire show besides the Once a Season reading session. Ru explains what she wants them to do, and before they have time to react, she claps her hands and the lights are out, forcing them to awkwardly stumble towards the makeup tables and beat their faces without stabbing themselves in the eye with mascara pencils. Once the lights come back on, the end results range from passable to horrendous.
Alyssa Edwards (on Coco's makeup): Girl what were those colors?!
- Alaska and Detox passionately making out, while Alaska is dressed up as Phi Phi O'Hara, and Detox is dressed as Phi Phi's rival — and Alaska's boyfriend — Sharon Needles, in the middle of a lip-synced re-enactment of a fight between the two.
- In the second Season 6 premier, Bianca Del Rio's hilarious criticisms of the other queens are priceless:
On Trinity K. Bonet: "She reminds me of a dear old friend of mine in New Orleans. She's dead."
On Joslyn Fox: "Girl is wearing every piece of jewelry she owns! She looks like she went to Claire's Boutique, fell on a sales rack, and said 'I'll take it!'"
On Magnolia Crawford's over-contoured nose: "I thought she was a fuckin' swordfish! She could turn pages in a book... [mimes tilting her head]"
On Gia Gunn: "[The first seven queens] are all trying too hard, especially Kimora Lee Simmons-Kardashian over there."
- In the first premiere, after Laganja meets the other queens, she starts doing a dance akin to pelvic thrusting the air. Cut to DeLa's unimpressed Confession Cam.
Laganja: It's time we got some fresh fish up in here! Sushi rolls, sushi rolls! [thrusts the air]
- In the first premiere mini-challenge, the queens have to leap from a platform and strike a mid-air pose for the camera. Vivacious jumps, lands in the pit and is completely covered by the foam cubes, so Ru asks her if she's fine... then Ornacia springs into view from the rim of the pit.
- In the second premiere, Joslyn states that she's going to be the "black horse" of the competition. The producer asks if she meant dark horse and there's a long pause before Joslyn confirms this is what she meant.
- Adore and Milk's top and bottom bikini lip-synch is hilarious, easily winning out of the six total groups with the combination of Milk's bikini-clad bulge and Adore serving face and comedy, the two get so into it that they leave Ru in stitches!
- Joslyn Fox's performance in the '60s horror movie. Gasp!!
- When Trinity argues with the judges over her difficulty speaking with her flippers in, guest judge Sheryl Lee Ralph tells her to put a cork in it...literally! Speaking with a cork in your mouth is an old trick for practicing enunciation.
- Bianca, Milk, Ben, and Adore's reactions to Laganja's attention whoring in the fifth episode of Untucked. Special points to Milk and Adore for Breaking the Fourth Wall.
- In an episode of Whatcha Packin' with Michelle Visage when Michelle interviewed Milk post-elimination, and Milk shows off a "deconstructed/reconstructed" wedding dress she didn't get to wear, pulling it out for the camera and sweeping the lace across Michelle's face, which the editors then felt the need to repeat in a slow-motion instant reply!
Michelle Visage: That just took all my lip gloss off! You have a remnant of Michelle Visage on your wedding dress!
- Episode 8 involves a stand-up comedy challenge for the queens with one catch: Most of the audience are senior citizens. Hilarity Ensues.
- Bianca's Self-Deprecation humor takes the cake (and the challenge itself)
My mother insisted that we stay true to our Spanish heritage, so my first words were [knocking on the mic] 'housekeeping!'.
- Darienne and Trinity also storm the challenge:
Darienne: At the gym, I'm like a ninja ... you will never see me there!
Trinity: So, as you've noticed, I'm black, but don't worry, you don't need to hold on to your wallets and purses, 'cos I already got 'em!
- Though extremely unintentional in the latest episode of Untucked following Laganja's Heroic BSoD she storms out of the Gold Bar followed by utter silence Courtney finally says something:
- Similarly unintentional, just before Laganja storms out, Trinity tries to calm her down:
Trinity: No. Relax. Relax. Relax. Take it down to a 2.
- The queens have a little game to play in Untucked where they have to guess who said what quote during confession cam. One of the quotes is a queen saying "when it comes to beating my face I'm up there with the pros." The queen who said that was Milk. Cut to all of the queens in Untucked being utterly shocked Milk said that.
- Similarly everyone instantly guesses which one is Adore due to the distinctive speech patterns, while Adore makes increasingly futile attempts to deny it.
Adore: Whoever said that sounds dumb...
- They also show a quote from Magnolia, and everyone has different reactions to her. Adore just reacts with confusion since she never met Magnolia.
Magnolia: I think impersonations are stupid. I don't wanna be somebody else. I wanna be me.
Bianca: Yeah, and look where it got ya: home.
- When an especially mean thing is said on the screen, pretty much everyone points to Bianca. When it turns out to be true, everyone laughs and it's the cutest thing because no one is mad at her for saying it.
- On "Scream Queens," Lena Headey's reaction to the 80's horror video.
- In the music video for "Sissy That Walk," one of RuPaul's roles included the delightfully campy "Charles," an ex-boyfriend from each girl's hometown, determined to take her back home with him. Not only was he dressed in a 70's disco suit with a Jheri curl wig (one of the few times in 20+ years we've seen Ru with boy hair), but when it came time to act opposite Courtney, Ru put on a hilarious Australian accent.
- Even better, the script was supposed to have Charles dumping the Queen and then leaving them in the dressing room. Darienne Lake puts on such a Large Ham performance after Ru leaves her that he goes off-script and comes back for her.
- Another fun moment with Courtney and the accent barrier:
Courtney: One time I was tucked so tight my rat testicle popped out.
DeLa: Why did you have a rat testicle???
Courtney: My RIGHT testicle!
- The "Female or She-male?" mini-challenge may have been controversial, but it provided some comedy gold:
- Darienne thinks a close-up of cleavage has to be fake "like one of those awful breastplates." It turned out to be Michelle! It's absolutely hysterical if you remember Michelle's rant/flashing from Season 3.
- When Bianca incorrectly guesses that a close-up that turns out to be Detox, she quips, "Here's what I don't get: Detox had all that plastic surgery but she kept that nose?! Did she run out of money?"
- BenDeLaCreme stealing the show during Season 6's puppet mini-challenge with her Bianca Del Rio puppet, complete with false fingernails as teeth.
DeLa: Your dress looks gorgeous today.
Dela: Looks like your lace-front is coming off...
- As the queens walk into the workroom, Gia and Laganja immediately start voguing and singing at the top of their lungs, with Laganja wearing something akin to, in Bianca's words, "a macramé pot holder" on her head. Bianca, Adore, and Milk are right behind them rolling their eyes. Then, out of nowhere...
Laganja: Well, I'm young, hung, and clearly march to the beat of my own drum, so props to ya, mama!
- The letter from Bianca's 8-year-old neighbor, while also touching, mentions how she once found Bianca passed out drunk on the couch wearing nothing but a pair of pantyhose.
- A small moment during the finale, when Joslyn's fiancé asks her to marry him there, amongst all the cheering, Courtney and Bianca can audibly be heard scream-yelling in the background.
- On Tempest and Kandy Ho's lip-sync in the season premiere:
Katya: I don't know what Ms. Crab Lady is doing in that lip sync, but the bearded ho is turning it out.
Ginger Minj: Kandy's dance moves are fierce, but it looks like she's gonna meet you on the playground after school and beat the shit out of you. (Mimes punching someone to the ground) What's next bitch, the macarena?
- Miss Fame trying to dance around Ru's question of whether she has any acting experience, with Ru completely unfazed:
Miss Fame: Not yet. I mean Ive had some opportunities that could be considered like an entryway to acting but not to the degree that Id like to see my future evolve into.
RuPaul: What you just described was a CraigsList ad.
- Carson Kressley on Ginger Minj, he may not know what minj is, but he loves it!
I love The Minj. Put a little ginger on that, I could eat it all day!
- Depending on your tolerance for Cringe Comedy, the epic disaster that was "MacBitch" could be hilarious, especially the montage of how everything kept going wrong during taping the skit.
RuPaul: What is happening?
Michelle: I'm lost.
- If you pay attention, you'll see a Funny Background Event: Pearl smacking her head on a sign as she peeks out from behind the set.
- During Trixie's exit on Untucked, she finds notes from Max and Pearl expressing their love for her. Max's note, plus Trixie's response, is quite funny, especially during the new sad style of Untucked.
: (reading Max's note
) "Trixie, I love you and the judges suck and I hate everyone else here, the end. Love, Max. PS: I will win for you." Aww! (beat
) She's not gonna win.
- Katya crabwalking into the workroom for no reason. She also got Ginger to hold up her legs and wheelbarrow her into the workroom.
- Fame absolutely nerding out over raising chickens... including her uncanny ability to cluck like one.
- Katya's acceptance speech for winning "Meatiest Tuck" at the DESPY awards.
: "I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said 'The key to a swollen vagina is (beat
- The whole "Ru Hollywood Story" challenge, with the queens having to re-enact different versions of why Merle Ginsberg was replaced with Michelle Visage. It reaches a head with Ru's story, where Miss Fame as Merle and Pearl as Michelle just spit out nonsense before doing a cat-fight in a kiddie's pool full of Jell-O.
- Pearl complaining about the challenge:
- The "confessions cam" used as introductions for the different versions: behind Merle there's a photo of Michelle used as a dartboard, while Michelle speaks in front of a framed photo of her cleavage.
- For that matter, the comically big breastplates of Ginger Minj and Pearl, both as Michelle, slipping out of the dress and being pixelated like "authentic" breasts.
- The entire lip-sync between Ginger and Jaidynn purely for the circumstances surrounding it. Due to the challenge being based on conjoined twins, both queens had to lip-sync with the queens they were conjoined to still strapped to them (Sasha by the breasts, Tempest from behind, respectively). All four queens knew how ridiculous it was, and played up the absurdity for all it was worth, complete with Ginger cutting up the conjoined area to separate herself and Sasha. Summed up perfectly by Katya:
: "Ginger and Sasha are giving themselves a mastectomy and Tempest and Jaidyn look like Larry Bird and Raven-Symoné
in a permanent buttfuck position. This is the most epic lip-sync ever!"
- Katya's epic read during the Reading mini-challenge.
- Kennedy's explanation for her bizarre "Death Becomes Her" runway look.
Kennedy: After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session. So he had gutted me and set me on fire. But you know I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
Ginger: So what you're saying is, you had a costume and you had to make it fit the theme.
- Pearl and Trixie Mattel's conjoined twin look.
- The first episode's photoshoot featured the queens posing with the other season winners from Drag Race ... minus Bianca del Rio. That's alright though, since Ru was kind enough to offer a Suspiciously Similar Substitute to Bianca ... in the form of a circus clown.
- This becomes a Brick Joke in the last episode before the finale — after the final four finish with the music video challenge, Bianca finally shows up!
- Becomes a double Brick Joke in the Grand Finale when Ru is gathered with all the previous winners... and then borrows Raja's cell phone to call in a special guest. Cue the clown.
- In the second episode of Untucked, Cynthia actually thought Acid Betty's name was Acid Berry this whole time!
- Dax herself probably wasn't amused, but when she asks the other girls if her padding was as bad as Ru claimed, the others, without hesitation (even the ones in separate conversations), all say "Yes" in unison. The look on Dax's face is priceless.
- Bob has a lot of moments in second episode of Untucked (you'll notice that Bob was a walking Funny Moment this season):
- Bob does a small skit where she impersonates Acid Betty, noting that she can imagine Betty holding a shotgun screaming "NOBODY BETTER BE DISRESPECTING ME."
- When Dax asks if her padding sucks, Bob replies:
Bob: If I had to pick a word for your padding, I would choose "suspicious."
- Bob notes that when she was growing up, she had no idea Band-Aids were supposed to be flesh-colored, because of her dark skin tone. She starts referring to her black dress and black hair as her "nude dress" and "nude hair." Betty takes it one step further by suggesting that all things black should be called "nude", to which Bob suggests "Nude Entertainment Television."
- When Chi Chi wins the second challenge she gets a trip to New England as a prize, to which she - completely seriously - asks if she'll be going overseas. Cue awkward beat before Ru clarifies that New England is in America.
- The choreographer praising Acid Betty during the critiques for being so "kind" and "caring" to the other girls, whose faces (along with those of probably a large amount of the audience) were a perfect picture of "What."
- To clarify: Betty ruffled a lot of feathers during rehearsals, and tried multiple times to wrest control of the group from Chi Chi.
- Bob playing Cookie in the Empire parody challenge was a match made in drag heaven. He completely steals the show.
- Cynthia Lee Fontaine gets grilled by the judges for her runway outfit during the roller-skating theme. And for her terrible, messy performance in the Empire parody. Cynthia's response to all this heat is utterly wonderful.
scene; I don't know what you were saying, but I didn't care.
Ru: There were some nuances that were missed. What did you think, watching yourself in that scene?
- Bob gleefully cackling about how she was trying to turn the other challenge teams against each other... Only to become visibly frustrated when they turn the tables and start sowing dissension in her group instead! Schadenfreude never felt so good.
- Prior to this, Betty, Bob, and Thorgy with their "Art! Art art art art!" chant as they dance across the room.
- Possibly unintentional, but the Madonna-themed runway had four of the queens walk out in a kimono, one after another, an incident that has quickly become known as "KimonoGate" by the fandom. On Fashion Photo Ru-View, Raja got noticeably irate.
- Becomes a Brick Joke in the finale when Raja walked down the runway dressed as Madonna, complete with blonde wig, cone tits, and a monocle
- After a tense argument between Derrick and Naomi in the workroom, Kim Chi has something to say:
- Chi Chi's version of Bob The Drag Queen during the puppet challenge, complete with miniature purse. Chi Chi's accent just makes it even funnier.
- Bianca del Rio's advice for the eventual winner, during the finale:
Bianca: Enjoy the ride, and pay your damn taxes! Right Sharon, Jinkx, Raja?
- When Katya checks out Detox's ass and asks her if she had more work done, Detox replies, "No girl, I just got fat!"
- Tatianna's "The Same Parts", a spoken word poem about her dick.
Katya: The 90's beatnik doing a spoken word piece about her genitals. Tatianna's number is my absolute favorite.
- The random shots of the judges engaging in trivial activities while the queens deliberate in the workroom on who to eliminate. The first time Ru sends the queens backstage, it's jarring to the point of Mood Whiplash.
: While you queens deliberate backstage, the judges and I will... [tense music stops]
enjoy a fruity cocktail. [cut to Carson Kressley sipping a drink from a twisty straw]
- Alyssa and Alaska's stand-up routine, consisting of Alaska standing in front of the mic and giving Alyssa topics to riff on.
: My name's Alaska, just like the state. Alyssa
: My name is Alyssa Edwards and this...definitely ain't nobody's secret that this gig-a-rama is completely full of buffoonery [points to Phi Phi and Coco]
, riggery [points to RuPaul]
, and straight up...[gestures to Alaska]
: Detox and Tatianna are here tonight. Alyssa
: The Heels Have Eyes, Part 2: The Remix. Alaska
: Alyssa, describe Michelle Visage in one word. Go! Alyssa
: [drum roll] BEAST! Alaska
- Alyssa Edwards doesn't know how "rigor mortis" is pronounced.
- Katya's Krisis Kontrol commercial. Perfect if you're feeling crippled under the burden of existential pain!
- Alaska's speech in the finale, for why she should be crowned, had everybody cracking up:
"Yes, I've thrown fits. I've thrown tantrums! Perhaps I'm just a RuPaul's Drag Race-obsessed superfan. Was I obsessed when Shannel was Miss Absolut Mandarin [slurpslurpslurp]? Yes Gawd! Was I obsessed when India Ferrah and Phoenix walked into the Werk Room in the same wig and the same outfit? In the words of Gia Gunn, absolutely.
"For it is my fanatical devotion and my undying love and respect for the world that RuPaul has created here that puts me wig, head and shoulders above any competitor. Look into your hearts and you will find that the only inductee into the RuPaul's Drag Race Hall of Fame is I! Alaska! Halleloo, Yes Gawd, OKrrrrr, *pop*"
- When Ru calls out Phi Phi over her decision not to attend the reunion taping over what she claims was an unfair edit (which World of Wonder has refuted).
RuPaul: Tonight, one queen has decided not to join us, or as Tatianna would say, "Choices." One thing before we start. If at any point tonight you think one of your fellow queens is not telling the T, feel free to raise the paddle provided and call bullshit. For example, if one of you were to say, "I blame the edit," I'd say [raises paddle] "Bullshit!" See how it works?
- Katya accidentally scaring herself when she flicks open her fan during rehearsals for "Read U, Wrote U".
- Sasha Velour, in her entrance for the first episode, introduces herself to the world by screaming for a full ten seconds. And that's how we meet the most soft-spoken queen of the season.
Peppermint (in a cutaway): ...what?
Sasha: -AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! [coughs]
- Charlie Hides, the oldest queen of the season—and the entire series, at 52—has a priceless reaction upon meeting Farrah Moan, one of the younger queens of the season:
Charlie: Oh God, I have underwear older than her!
- Kimora Blac has this gem:
Kimora: What's an adjective?
- Episode 4, Sasha and Shea's cooking segment on the TV show challenge, full to the brim with Les Yay, which gives them the win.
, holding a forkful of salad and chocolate
: You wanna try some? Shea
: I thought you'd never ask. Sasha
: Do you like that? Shea
: Mhh... [beat]
- In the Kardashian musical challenge, Farrah gives Valentina an extremely convoluted explanation of how rapper Blac Chyna came to be associated with the family. It leaves Valentina at a loss for words and all she can say is "¡Escandalo!"...probably because the whole thing sounded like a telenovela plot.
- During Untucked for Episode 5, Eureka accidentally breaks a chair. Cynthia Lee Fontaine gives it a eulogy.
- In the Untucked for Snatch Game, the other safe queens give a primer on "edges" to Trinity, culminating in Shea talking about how her pubic hair is straighter than her hair on her head.
- During the Dance Party Ending after the Madonna runway, Sasha whips Alexis Michelle on the butt, and Trinity Taylor motorboats Nina Bo'nina Brown while they are both dressed as 2013 Met Gala Madonna.
- In "9021-HO":
- At the beginning of the episode, Trinity says in a confessional that she won't let her guard down because there are several other strong competitors. Cut to Shea (one of said strong competitors) randomly duckwalking and singing "kakat kakakat kakakat kat pow!"
- Trinity helps Valentina remove the censor bars that comprised her Madonna look from the previous episode. The censor bars were glued on, so Valentina spends the bulk of the process screaming. All while dramatic music is playing.
- And then the camera does a dramatic zoom on Trinity's ass, with the dramatic music still playing.
- After Ru notes that Beverly Hills, 90210 started airing in 1993, Farrah immediately notes that that was the year she was born. There's a brief moment where the other queens realize how old they are in comparison topped off by:
RuPaul: I'm gonna fucking-fuck you up.
- Something similar happens later. During the runway portion, guest judge Tori Spelling said she had a great time with the queens...until Valentina said she used to watch 90210 with her babysitter.
- Valentina's character in 9021-HO is meant to be something of an innocent virgin, but she manages to steal the show during quite a few scenes simply by her Chewing the Scenery facial expressions.
All Stars 3
- Yuhua Hamasaki's cover story on social media for where she was during the filming of Season 10: She was in a coma. Which happened in China. After she got in a car accident with a "bad Asian driver". Hashtag China, hashtag coma.
- Monet X. Change's sponge dress for the "Drag on a Dime" challenge and her sheer delusion that it should have been in the top, even though the other queens thought she was a total Elimination Houdini:
- First, in Untucked, she tries to explain her concept and how her blue earrings represented water, and the white balls on her head were suds. Absolutely no one made that connection. Asia points out that Monet's entrance look was a janitor pushing a broom before the dramatic tearaway, "We ain't servants no more, girl!" Later, when Mayhem Miller bursts into tears describing her frustration at being constantly rejected for the show, Monet cuts the tension by offering Mayhem a sponge off her dress to blot her tears.
- The dress is brought up even in the second episode. When the queens go back to the workroom after Vanessa's elimination, Monet talks about how she thought she should have been in the top, and Asia turns around and looks at her like she's crazy, and later the girls wipe the floor with it. Then in Untucked, after another tearjerking moment, Monet jokes about how she can go get the dress if someone needs a blotter (Vixen: "After you wiped the floor with it?!"). Then Asia says she still thinks Monet should have landed in the bottom last week, and that if she herself is ever in the bottom, she'll tell the judges, "Y'all remember [Monet] was a sponge, right?"
- "Miss Vanjie... Miss Vanjie... Miss Vanjie..."
- The third episode mini-challenge, where the queens have to "audition" for an ad featuring Ru's chocolate bar:
- Miz Cracker is asked to do a monologue as the chocolate, then hop round like a bunny. Her being Cracker, she lampshades it.
- Eureka humps an invisible wall.
- Blair St. Clair is forced to do a ridiculous tap dance-ish move at increasing speed.
- Monét claims to be Northern Irish, and when asked to do an Irish jig, she... jiggles.
- Monique Heart seduces the chocolate bar with a British accent.
- Asia O'Hara going for the grotesque in the Tap That App challenge of episode 3. After receiving the app "Madame Buttrface", she puts on the most hilariously grotesque makeup, including a squashed nose, multiple moles, and a giant unibrow, to the point that she completely steals the show. Her expression during a freeze frame◊ has Michelle and Carson in complete hysterics.
- An argument between The Vixen and Aquaria is interrupted when a spider is spotted. Cue nearly EVERYONE freaking out and screaming (with Mayhem even climbing onto the table to get away from it!!)
Monet: [unfazed] It is a spider, oh my Lord...
- The Vixen tells Ru how her grandmother taught her embroidery as a child by having her write her name on a napkin, then stitch over the writing, to which Ru responds, "That's a great way to teach a child...how to grow up to be gay."
- Asia and Monique's bewildered reactions to Monet explaining that the English accent used to sound American but it eventually changed to what it sounds like today some time after colonizing America.
- After Aquaria compliments Ru's look in episode 4, Ru states that she's actually not serving a look. While dressed like this◊.
- During her lipsync battle with Dusty Ray Bottoms, Monét X Change exaggeratedly braces herself to perform a splits, leaps into the air...and lands on her two feet again, shaking her head and waving her hand dismissively. The move has the judges in hysterics.
- She also takes a moment to hold the mask that was part of her outfit over her mouth to make it look like she's trying to catch her breath, which the judges also love.
- Monet's lipsynch against Mayhem Miller in the next episode, where she basically acts out a trailer trash character and even pulls out two cans of hairspray to do her hair onstage. Like Tammie Brown before her, Monet is the kind of crazy queen that you just want to put onstage because you have no idea what she'll do or say next.
- The mini challenge for episode 8 has the queens throwing shade at RuPaul — who then fake-slaps them across the face. Then for Asia O'Hara, Ru ends up accidentally smacking her for real.
RuPaul: I'm so sorry!!
[cut to Confession Cam of Asia holding her cheek in shock]
- When Miz Cracker sashays away in episode 11, after a challenge that brought to the forefront her mental issues, she writes on the mirror "KNOW YOURSELF"... except she forgets a letter and actually writes "KNOW YOURSEF".
- As the final four queens take one last look around the Untucked stage, they find old props from the season's previous runway walks and reminisce about the eliminated queens...then Asia finds another sponge from Monet and bemoans the dress again, causing everybody else to crack up.
All Stars 4
- While the Queens are talking in the werk room, Monét suddenly asks the other girls if they believe in aliens. To which Trinity asks her if she has taken drugs, but Monét keeps on by wondering if there are alien Drag Queens and that she often sees visions of them. This results in Monique joking that she is seeing demons and needs to pray.
- Trinity's variety show performance - a lip-synched tucking tutorial that gave her a chance to show her comedic chops.
- Valentina proved to be a walking Funny Moment this season, someone fully prepared to use every last bit of her camera time. Every instance of her walking into the Werk Room is a full supermodel fantasy for whatever outfit she has on that day, and it's so extra that it's hilarious.
- Valentina listens to Manila deliberate over sending home the weakest performer (Gia) or the stronger competition (Valentina herself), and just gives her the full bitch-face Death Glare while idly sipping her drink. A perfect moment.
- In episode 4, the queens are having a heartbreaking deliberation over sending home Latrice or Monét, when suddenly, Valentina cuts everyone off so she can bitch about the judges talking shit about her runway look. She didn't even try to read the room!
Valentina: Ladies! I'm boiling. My blood is simmering through my veins and I have something to say. Okay? I am deeply and utterly offended. That judge? With the bun? And the gold? I do not appreciate her non-constructive "criticism" of my beautiful outfit!
[everyone just stares]
Monique Heart: Sis, I love you, but you're safe.
- During Gia and Trinity's stare down just before the Snatch Game of Love, everyone is seen giving concerned looks before Monique pops up in her confessional to tell the producers that it's the perfect time to cut to commercial. And they do!
- Despite the disastrous performance of most queens during the Roast of Lady Bunny, Monét and Manila deliver so strongly they deservingly win the challenge and make Bunny, well, corpse.
Monét: Have you ever seen her out of drag? Anybody? Category is: Benjamin Franklin fucked the Michelin man.
Manila: Valentina: Lady Bunny wanted you to know that, before she passed, she called ICE and they're waiting for you after the service.
- Then, Lady Bunny "comes back to life" and demonstrated why she's a drag legend.
Lady Bunny: She's back again, honey! Manila Luzon. She gon' keep on Luz-ing.
- Monique and Monét paint the walls for the club night challenge.
Monique (holding a paint roller): How are we supposed to do this? Like, which way do we go?
Monét: Up and down, girl.
Monique: But I've seen people do it left and right.
Monét: That's not the right way.
Monique: Who said?
When Monét turns around, Monique paints the wall left to right.
- During the "Super Queen" rehearsals, Todrick asks the queens to do a cartwheel for their choreography, and Monique shits a brick, remembering vividly her disastrous lipsync against The Vixen last season. Monique... tries to attempt a cartwheel, and her clumsy attempts at even starting one only succeed in making Trinity cry laughing.
- In the final lip sync, Monét is wearing a pussycat wig, the kind of which she was read for all over the place during season 10. But partway through she pulls it off to reveal—another identical pussycat wig!
- Really, just the fact that the first Lip-Sync for your Life... was to HANNAH MONTANA, of all things.
- In the second episode acting challenge: Vanjie, wearing make-up and hair... with a tie and pants like a stereotypical suburban dad... talking in what Ross Mathews described as a "Cookie Monster voice".
- Frankly, the entirety of Team Britney in the third episode acting challenge is just one long funny moment. Ross can barely contain himself the entire time, and is clearly living for every second the girls are on stage. It makes the failures of Team Mariah that much more glaring. One highlight includes Vanessa slipping up and praising herself instead of Britney, and then just rolling with the punches without missing a single beat.
: You can get her music available on iTunes and everything, yes, thank you Miss Vanjie
] I thank myself. [hair flip] And you too, Britney.
- Ru introduces the maxi challenge, "Trump: The Rusical," and gets interrupted by a zinger:
There's been a leak.
And it's coming from inside this studio. Silky: .....Soju's back? [everyone cracks up]
- Joel McHale's entire stint on the judge's panel, looking completely out of place yelling "YEAAAAAHHHHH!!!" and giving Straight Guy hoots and hollers during the entire runway. Or, depending on how you feel about Michelle Visage, you might get a kick out of Michelle's constant Disapproving Look, but either way, it's a riot.note
Reddit user mizzlemoonn: I want to see this guy front and center at the finale.
- Brooke trying to avoid the drama that crops up in the "Farm to Runway" Untucked, from carefully stepping around the screaming queens to building a fort around herself out of sofa cushions.
Brooke: Can't we just bottle our feelings like normal people?
- A'keria Davenport's performance as a "Twerking Girl" during an improv challenge nets her the win that week - and for good reason: she completely commits to the role of a middle-aged professional street twerker and continues shaking her ass even when being handcuffed and when sobbing on her hands and knees.
- Just like the third episode, Nina West once again aces the magic show challenge by coordinating her team to perfection (Shuga's controversial elimination notwithstanding) and landing one joke after another while on stage.
- Nina and Silky have one of the most inept, infamous lipsyncs in the show's herstory. After Nina's mediocre dancing falls flat, and Silky's lackluster wig reveal and split failing to get any hearts racing, we get this epic response:
Ladies, I've made my decision. [Beat]
[Silky makes a deer-in-headlights face]
- Surprisingly, Vanjie's elimination — where she chews the scenery to pieces and comes back onto the stage three times.
- The finale included a hysterical segment of Vanjie gathering support from people on the street to convince Ru to allow her to compete for the crown.
Ru: Well, that's it. Vanjie, I've made my decision. Condragulations, you are the winner of Season 11.
Vanjie: Yaaaaaaay! For real?
Vanjie: For real?
Ru: Hell no.
- Also at the finale, Miss Congeniality is won by Nina West (what, you're surprised?), and she uses her speech to get back at Ru for earlier.
Now, is there anything you'd like to say? Nina: ...meh. [everyone, even Ru, busts up laughing]
- Related to the above segment, reigning Miss Congeniality and All Stars 4 co-champion Monét X Change comes back to award Miss C, where even if she won AS4, she can't resist throwing some shade at the controversial circumstances surrounding her win there.
Now, is there gonna be one Miss Congeniality this year? crowd immediately starts booing
Or will it be a tie? Monét:
Well Ru, for the first time in Drag-no I'm kidding. [crowd and Ru laugh it off, with said crowd likely breathing a sigh of relief]
- There's another segment in the finale dedicated to Michelle's breast implants, which she had removed after filming, done as a spoof of In Memoriam rolls. It's even titled "In Mammoriam".
UK Season 1
- Divina De Campo's laugh, full stop. That cackle is absolutely infectious.
- In the "Off With Her Head!" mini-challenge where the queens have to pose with their severed heads, Scaredy Kat makes it look like she shat out her own head, leading to a priceless response from Ru:
Scaredy Kat: I just shit myself!
Ru: (turns to the camera) You are watching the BBC.
- During episode 2's runway critiques, after Scaredy Kat gets read for her poor acting ability, she gives a wonderfully Self Deprecating justification:
- Given her lack of experience, it's no surprise that Scaredy Kat doesn't last long - two episodes, in fact - but her exit line when she's sashaying away is just perfect:
- In the "Untucked" segment for episode 5, The Vivienne and Crystal are on the verge of tears because of their bad critiques... when Cheryl interrupts everyone and starts to ramble about her passion for girl groups. Everyone's faces are priceless.
- While Divina and The Vivienne have their argument at the start of episode 6, Blu and Cheryl just stand there awkwardly with a mildly amused look on their faces, while Baga shoves her head through the clothing rack and tries to lip-sync the drama live to the camera.
- When the judges discuss Baga Chips' extremely sexual bottled water commercial:
The concept was a bit crass and a bit much, but I understood the character immediately.
Michelle: She's a whore, Cheryl.
- After the episode 6 runway, Baga Chipz is left fearing for her safety, as not only does she admit that she hasn't learned the lipsync song, but her outfit is also completely impractical for any kind of energetic performance. After being declared safe, she begins to cry Tears of Joy, walks over to embrace The Vivienne... and the two get stuck while trying to navigate each others' ridiculously large headpieces.
- In the family makeover challenge in episode 7, Cheryl Hole actually dubbed her sister Sissy Hole. On Fashion Photo Ruview, Raja and Raven could barely even say it without laughing.
Raven: You better sissy that hole. [giggles]
- Baga Chipz' mom is dubbed Sacka Spudz, which is also brilliant.
- Cheryl Hole is finally eliminated in episode 7, and her speech before leaving the runway gives the judges and contestants a much-needed laugh:
Cheryl Hole: Thank you, Ru, thank you judges for this amazing experience. And I've got a Drag Race world record! I have the worst track record to get to the top 4! [dabs] Bye!!!
- In the second season premier, Ross Matthews gets in two zingers while critiquing the queens' tulle dresses:
Ross: (to Jaida) Your dress needs to make like Soju and pop.
Ross: (to Rock M): You're like any man on a date with Michelle: you're getting swallowed! (the look on guest judge Robyn's face when he said that was priceless)
- The first group dedraging for the first time has a few gems:
- Jackie looks over and reacts with utter disbelief at the revelation that Crystal has a mullet out of drag, muttering "...That's a wig."
- Nicky asks Crystal what her tattoo says in Arabic, Crystal reveals that she got it at a concert and that it says One Direction, prompting the other queens to stop and look at her in disbelief for the second time since dedragging. Jackie asks Crystal if she speaks Arabic, after a beat of silence the answer is a meek "No!"
- As the two groups of queens meet, the second group asks the first how they're doing to which Heidi responds with "Blessed and highly favoured."
- In the third episode, Team Heidi kicks off the challenge with a mix of black comedy and pure absurdity. The result is hysterical, particularly Heidi spitting her dentures.
- During the Ball Ball challenge, Leslie Jones is a judge. She brought it all.
Leslie: (to Widow dressed as a jockey): She done already had HORSES!
- In addition to grabbing materials to make her dress, Nicky also grabs an entire container of cheeseballs just to snack on. There's even a moment later on in the episode where Nicky is untangling something while Crystal is already breaking into the container for a snack.
- During the Ball Ball Untucked Crystal asks the other safe queens who they think is in the top. As they hedge their bets, Heidi and Jackie both answer Crystal... while forgetting that they're looking right at her.
- In the fifth episode, Dahlia's cameo in her infamous fierce Broc-ally costume had Ru cackling the hardest.
- Vanjie gets brought back for the Snatch Game walkthrough to give the queens advice on what not to do. Almost immediately, she starts hitting on Jackie, saying that she can't be a sugar momma but she can still get Jackie Lunchables. Evidently, Vanjie has a thing for Canadians.
- In Untucked episode 5, Jan's faces are priceless in the background. It basically mirrors a fan watching the show.
- A bonus clip of the Queens getting ready for the runway shows what started as a conversation about weather ended with Heidi revealing that she's a dom top.
- The preview for episode 8 shows Jan snapping at one of the queens about how she hasn't been crying over the fact that she hasn't won a challenge yet. Immediately following that is multiple clips of Jan sobbing just after the Madonna Rusical.
- A Blink-and-You-Miss-It moment but when Ru gives his "Can I get an amen" line at the end of episode 7, the juxtaposition of Jan about to cry among the other happy queens is hilarious.
- Michelle commends Jackie for being the only queen to capture her beauty mark in the Michelle Visage runway, only for every single queen on the mainstage to then point theirs out.
- As they're getting ready for the Rusical, some of the queens are looking around for tooth paint to recreate Madonna's gap. Heidi cuts in with "I already got my gap, keep up."
- One of the lines in Jan's Madonna verse is "My mother died when I was five years old" and immediately afterwards you can hear Ru cackling "I love it!"
- In a Blink-and-You-Miss-It moment, one of the dancers during Widow's Madonna verse come very close to slipping and falling on his back.
- After seeing Jaida struggle to get sexy while recording her part of the Rusical, Heidi goes "Maybe Jaida's not the trade of the season. I wonder who is- what if I'm the trade of the season?"
- During the first act of episode 8, Widow has a speech comparing herself to a spider, only to go overboard and starting talking about laying eggs inside their dead bodies, much to her horror and amusement.
- Heidi's infomercial:
- During the walkthrough, Ru mentions the title Heidi's Hydrates being much punchier and as soon as he moves on, Heidi crosses out the original name and writes that down.
- Heidi lists the ingredients for the moisturizer as "Ssssssilks, and ssssssatins, and real drag queen tears...MINE!" before bending over the small container as she cries into it.
- Crystal's infomercial:
- As Crystal is looking for furniture pieces for her commerical she says "we need a table we can do science on."
- Crystal's definition of "doing science" involves methodically taking a hammer to a couple of mullets.
- As Crystal is getting ready to do her commercial, she does a goofy dance before suddenly stopping and going "Oh yeah", the way the show has edited the scene makes it hard to tell if that was B roll for the commercial or if Crystal was trying to shake out her nerves and forgot what she was doing.
- Jackie's commercial completes the trifecta of high placements, especially when the same shot of her turning to the camera and going "FOR YOU!" is repeated three times.
- When Ru asks Chaka Khan if she would buy a merkin, Chaka reveals that she doesn't know what they are. After the judges explain it to her, she replies with a cheerful "That's the best thing I've learned all year!"
- Widow's The Bride Wore Black runway is an elegant gown with a glamorous crystal veil that she raises to reveal haunting makeup and completely black eyes. Her voice-over for this moment is "Boom! She ain't got no sooouuuuulllll!"
- While preparing for the political challenge, Jaida and Crystal sit down and try to think of as many political words as they can. They only manage to come up with "debate...poll...vote...Russian probe"
- When Jackie reveals to Ru that she's not registered to vote, Ru legitimately looked like he was going to throw down before Jackie explained that it was because she, a Canadian citizen, is here on a green card.
- Jaida continuously refers to guest judge Jeff Goldblum as a dinosaur doctor.
- "LOOK OVER THERE!"
- Jeff Goldblum makes a complete fool of himself asking Gigi Goode how queens tuck. Gigi won't even throw him a life preserver and just lets him stammer all over the place. Peak Cringe Comedy.
Jeff Goldblum (verbatim): How, exactly... 'cause I'm a little unfamiliar... what's- what do y- how- [awkward silence while Gigi knowingly stares at him] ...yeah ...what do you do, exactly? [entire room starts laughing] Is it all tucked- everything is tucked, and you can achieve that..... it's, uh.....?
Gigi (barely concealing a smirk): It's not something for, uh, national television right now.
- In episode 9 Untucked Jaida asks Crystal how she's feeling, Crystal opens with "Hi everyone, it's me."
- As the queens get to know their partners for the makeover challenge, Jackie watches as Jaida's partner struggles to walk in heels before turning to look at her own partner and smugly go "Oh, you got this."
- Jaida has a lot of good lines in the Makeover episode:
- "If you don't win, you aren't coming home"
- "Crystal and Grace are talking about healing energy and I have no idea what that has to do with drag."
- "I'm making it my duty to make sure the super fans have a good time, I'm babysitting some kids right now I'm like a Patron Saint"
- "I feel like I'm a nose surgeon doing a rhinoplasty right now. Like strokes of genius on the nose."
- After seeing Jackie's makeover partner do a split, Jaida challenges Jackie to do the splits herself. Jackie declines on the grounds that she just had a baby.
- While on the main stage, Crystal's partner says she can't stop smiling, Ru comments that it's because it's literally painted on her face.
- The entirety of Jackie's "Kill the Lights" lipsync. In her own words, she's doing a deranged woman who thinks she's being sexy.
- In Untucked episode 10, Gigi goes "We're fucking in the top six." only to realize how that sounded as she said it. The camera then cuts to several queen's amused reactions, including Heidi's "Wouldn't that be nice."
- Episode 11 kicks off with a coordinated workroom entrance. Heidi and Jackie frolic in together, arms linked and joyfully talking about how great it is to be the top six (again). The other queens follow in afterwards walking in twos, with disappointed expressions and lackluster clapping.
- For the puppet mini challenge, Heidi bursts out in laughter upon realizing that she's wearing the same pants as her puppet.
- During the practice for the One Woman Show, Ru gives Crystal various dance prompts to help with her character (a male stripper). He starts with "What do you think El Debarge would do as a stripper?", and upon being asked to do the "jerk dance", Crystal pantomimes A Date with Rosie Palms.
- The judges deem Crystal's skit as the stupidest thing they've ever seen before adding "that's how you win the competition" from start to finish, her bit is so absurd it's borderline surreal.
- Despite some fumbles, Gigi's One Woman Show is quite funny. She continuously calls upon the audience, renames them, and tells them exactly why you're going to hell.
- "You're wearing distressed denim in 2020, what's wrong with you? Fuck you, Gary."
- Dahlia Sin once again makes a cameo as the Brocc-Ally, this time as an audience member of the One Woman Show. Ru and Michelle murmur that she's stalking them.
- Heidi's skit has her introducing family members (as played by herself), including a Totally Radical cousin named Slick. Ross wants to know if Slick is single.
- Before the final five has a chance to wipe away Heidi's mirror message, the power goes out, leading to many jokes about this being Heidi's doing or the Kill the Lights lip-sync having an impact.
- As the queens walk into the work room in episode 12, Jackie comes in giving Gigi a piggyback ride while saying "I got the baby."
- The final five do a showgirls mini challenge:
- When it's Crystal's turn, Ru throws out the names of some of the absurd dance moves she made for the One Woman Show. Crystal reveals that she's already forgotten the entire routine even though it's only the next day.
- Jaida's showgirl mini challenge bit has some zingers like "She likes to wear garments made of hopes and dreams so that she can crush them later." and "Why the fuck am I here?", while also rehashing her "Look over there!" catchphrase from the political debate.
- "Jackie is like...meeping, I don't know what she's doing but it's making me uncomfortable."
- While getting ready for the show, the queens talk about their initial impressions of each other. Gigi reveals that after seeing Jackie during the Fall and Spring runway she thought that Jackie would be another fashion queen to contend with but quickly changed her mind. Jackie fires back that when Gigi walked in wearing her Pirate Girl outfit, Jackie thought she was a costume queen. Gigi's half drag stare into the camera says it all.
- Gigi compares Crystal's singing voice to Kermit the Frog...if Kermit smoked a lot of pot.
- As Jackie does her dance rehearsal, the other queens crack a few jokes that Jackie looks more someone's dad right now than a performer.
- Jackie reveals that the moment that made her realize Jaida was a fierce competitor was seeing her makeup for the apple character in World's Worst. Jaida is taken back that it was that moment that made Jackie turn a corner.
- The queens working on their Vegas lyrics is this. A lot of fans found their ditzy conversation to be so off that it sparked a conspiracy theory online that the queens were actually high in that scene.
- Crystal tells the other queens that she's struggling to think of words that represent her for her verse. In unison, all of the other queens go "Glitter."
- This exchange:
Crystal: "I don't think anyone with my rap skills would be a rapper."
Jackie: "I never thought you'd be a stripper but here you are."
Crystal: "Exotic dancer. Don't cheapen it."
- Gigi's complete inability to make a sexy kiss sound creates some comedic attempts.
- Jaida's recording session:
Leland: "Have you ever recorded professionally before?"
Jaida: "They would not let me."
- The queens spend their final Untucked reminiscing their favorite and shadiest moments until they are interrupted by Joel, the "Five minutes warning, ladies" crew member. Instantly, all of the queens proclaim Joel to be their special guest for the episode and try to get him to come sit down with them. He declines and runs away leading to them jokingly getting up after him and going "No- don't leave us!"
- The Reunion is much Lighter and Softer than it has been in past seasons, with no real drama between any of the queens that lasted beyond the show. The queens collectively poke fun at fake, forced drama by pretending that Rock was still mad at Jaida for not letting her be the apple, resulting in everyone breaking out in fake arguments before pretending to storm off.
- The Reunion has a slumber party theme that was decided on by the queens themselves, not production. Even before quarantine, the group was planning to coordinate outfits and let it pass without comment.
- How has Rock M. Sakura been since the show? Well, she's been holed up in San Francisco, and, well...
Heidi: [completely straight-faced] ...I love beef jerky.
- Gigi makes a Continuity Nod to her final runway, starting off the Reunion saying that she finally got her braces off and convinced her parents to let her come to the sleepover.
- If you look in the background of Gigi's footage, you can see that she has placed large googly eyes on her fireplace.
- Crystal wears an Ebenezer Scrooge-inspired look for the Reunion, including a candle stick that she commits to holding the entire episode. Ru is shocked that she's still holding it by the end of the episode.
- Even better, at one point Crystal has difficulty with her lighting situation. Widow jokingly tells her to light the candle and use that, prompting Crystal to pull out a lighter and actually do so, keeping it lit for the remainder of the show.
- Nicky reveals that she got a lot of teasing from fans for being French, prompting her to ask "Who the fuck is Pee-pee Le Pew?" The other queens rush to correct her pronunciation.
- During the Reunion, Ru forces all of the queens to do a 'Tuck Check' and make them stand up to see who's actually in drag from the waist down
- Jackie comments that the only reason why she wasn't lipsyncing in the Madonna challenge was most likely because of Heidi's Michelle Visage runway so Jackie went online and bought the exact dress Michelle wore in that look to give to Heidi.
- The queens get to do a reading challenge during the Reunion with a lot of zingers:
Brita: Dahlia, you sure talk a big game for someone who came in thirteenth place on a twelve-person season.
Crystal: Jan, can I barrow a condom from you? I know you're always safe.
Widow: Crystal Methyd, you're the prettiest girl on the Planet...of the Apes.
Gigi: Jackie, I can always count on you for a shoulder to cry on and a face to file my nails on.
Widow: Gigi...I bet not even R. Kelly would piss on you.
- Gigi really pushes the joke that she and Crystal are dating throughout the episode. Ru asks them about it and aside from dodging the question, Gigi insists that a lot of times when they were very affectionate with each other was just them sharing fruit snacks.
- Gigi also subtly calls out Ru's crush on Crystal/obsession with her hair.
- They bring Vanjie on to ask questions, the first thing she wants to know is if Jackie has become single since they last met. As a response, Jackie hasn't forgotten that Vanjie promised her Lunchables and she's waiting for one.
Vanjie: Jackie Cox, I have a question. Did you find Vanjie attractive in the workroom? Are you still dating the guy you was dating at the time when Vanjie came to visit you that one time when she came to visit you in the workroom, were y'all still dating together? I just wanna know, for a friend, you know.
- Crystal takes a moment out of the Reunion to wingman her brother.
- While each of the queens turn out some amazing looks for the finale, Crystal is dressed as a piñata. Not a piñata inspired look, a literal piñata. That farts confetti.
All Stars 5
- The Reading is Fundamental mini-challenge returns, and with it some great zingers from the queens, particularly Jujubee and Blair, who win:
Jujubee: Mariah Paris Balenciaga. Great, you're here, so we have to change the name to RuPaul's Drag Race: Some Stars.
Jujubee: Mayhem Filler. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I mean Meh-hem Miller.
Jujubee: Alexis Mateo. I don't wanna be shady so I'm not gonna bring up your weight, but when you work, do they pay you in pounds?
Blair St. Clair: Derrick Barry. You know, the girls in your season said you weren't a real drag-queen because you couldn't paint and you only could do Britney, but I completely disagree. I don't really think you can do Britney.
Blair St. Clair: Mariah. Girl, I love you, but your career only has movement because the Earth has to spin on its axis.
Blair St. Clair: India Ferrah. *beat* Oh, I'm pausing so we can all Google who you are.
- In episode 2, the queens have to write a verse for the I'm in Love song, talking about their celebrity crushes. Most of the queens go for pretty standard Mr. Fanservice types, such as Henry Cavill or Chadwick Boseman. Meanwhile, Mayhem chooses Mister Rogers, while Blair chooses Hannibal Lecter.
- During the "Glama-Zone" section of episode 3's "Shantay, Enjoy Your Stay!" challenge, while Jujubee is presenting to the camera, we're treated to a blooper of Alexis Matteo trying to take the cap off of a "Mosquito Ru-pellent" spray, only for it to come flying off, causing her to break character in surprise.
Alexis: What the hell just happened?
- During the same episode, while picking the lipstick of the bottom queen she wants to eliminate, instead of delivering the typical dramatic speech about how hard it is to choose who to send home, Jujubee goes on a completely out-of-nowhere tirade about how much she misses her cats.
Jujubee: Meow meow, bitches.
- "No one has been to your shows in years! When Lady Gaga said there could be one hundred people in a room, you were shocked!"
- At the beginning of the finale episode, Jujubee says she wants to have a pillow fight before decking Cracker in the face with a cushion and following with an Evil Laugh (both helpfully highlighted in slo-mo). Shea later joins in the fun by smacking Juju with a silicon breast while going "titty fight!"
Canada Season 1
UK Season 2
- Lawrence takes a liking to Bimini.
Lawrence: Bimini looks like she could be one of my girls, and me and my girls eat chicken nuggets together.
Producer: She's vegan.
- Ginny trying on Bimini's Norwich City FC "kit", careening straight into Fan Disservice territory.
- And later, during the Surprise, Surprise! runway, her outfit's reveal: a butt window.
- Tia describing her green runway in the Who Wore It Best? design challenge, being well aware that she's going to be in the bottom:
Tia: I am serving you an adequate dress, made of material, that is on my body. Vintage? No. Elegant? No. Still stuck on me? Just about. The judges seem vaguely amused by what is happening before them, and I am okay with that.
MichelleFor context : What do you think I'm going to say?
Tia: I think you're going to say "It's stunning and it should've been in the top. It's a sensational garment and in fact you want to wear it yourself because it's so well-constructed."
- Tia later does a similar reaction after being asked to sashay away
Tia: Are you sure? Are you s- I've got no plan, are you sure? Alright.
- A Freeze-Frame Bonus moment: on Ellie Diamond's table mirror, she has written in sharpie "Dont touch - its Ellies".
- Bimini walking the Preherstorical runway as... bacteria. An editorial, fashion-forward, Iris van Herpen-inspired bacteria.
Bimini: I'm going as bacteria, because why the fuck not?
- Bimini and Lawrence have a mirror-side conversation.
Bimini: We've got lots to look forward to, just got trying to have a PMA.
Lawrence: (the camera zooming on her confused face) The fuck's a PMA?
Bimini: Positive Mental Attitude.
Lawrence: Get fucked.
- When Raven is giving constructive criticism to Lawrence about her eye makeup, stating that by not extending her eyeshadow up to her (higher, drawn-on) eyebrows, it can lead to a "mopey look":
Several of the Snatch Game performances, including:
- Tatianna's brilliantly wide-eyed portrayal of Britney Spears.
- Pandora Boxx as a hilarious out-of-it Carol Channing from Season 2. Just the way she pronounces "reeaaaaaspberries!"
"I'm a little embarrassed Ru, I'm a little embarrassed, cause I just wrote "I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts.""
- Raja as Tyra Banks from Season 3.
"I think I smized so hard my eyes bled, girl!"
- Stacey Lane as Monique's character from Precious who the judges noted managed to steal the show even when not speaking due to multiple Funny Background Events and facial expressions.
- Alexis Mateo as a lesbian and pregnant Alicia Keys from Season 3, where she has fun hitting on panelist Amber Rose.
- In a So Bad, It's Good kind of way, there's Yara Sofia's Amy Winehouse. Why a Puerto Rican who already doesn't have the best english thought impersonating a Brit was a good idea is anyone's guess, but between the messed up look, a mangled attempt at a Cockney accent (which she apparently got from watching Harry Potter) and the nonsensical answers, it's a train wreck you can't help but love.
- Manila Luzon mocking Shangela's Tina Turner impression.
"I don't know, Ike. Halleloo!"
- Sharon Needles' performance as Michelle Visage from Season 4 was inspired. Ru is just living for this one. (And all the real Michelle Visage could find wrong with it was that Sharon played her too old.)
"That's no excuse, she should've seen what me and Ru were on. At the Limelight! It's all behind us now, but we were on uppers, downers, and candy corn!"
- Chad Michaels (of course) is a tour-de-force as Cher.
"I don't know why they book me on these chicken shit gigs!"
- Willam playing Jessica Simpson as a completely ditzy space cadet. He manages to get one of the biggest laughs of the game just by drawing an arrow.For context
- In Season 5, we get Jinkx Monsoon as Little Edie from Grey Gardens, where she completely steals the show.
- Roxxxy Andrews as Tamar Braxton. Made even funnier in the reunion show when the actual Tamar Braxton makes a cameo... and imitates Roxxxy.
- Season 5 sees Ru make hay in the face of Alyssa's less-than-satisfactory Katy Perry:
RuPaul: Have you ever kissed a girl?
Blank stare from Alyssa
RuPaul: ... Have you ever fucked a black guy?
- "Well Julie, I just wrote 'anus'."
- In Season 6, BenDeLaCreme slays the challenge as Maggie Smith in her Downton Abbey persona. Not only does she give a perfect impersonation in both look and voice, but she has this priceless exchange with Trinity (as Nicki Minaj):
Trinity (after DeLa gives her answer in flowery British prose): Ru, can you get some people who speak normal English next time for the show?
DeLa: Excuse me! We originated the language!
- Bianca Del Rio also turns in a good performance with a flawless Judge Judy, complete with an Officer Byrd hand puppet... which she hurls at Gia Gunn's Kim Kardashian when she offers up a response of "big black dick."
- Adore Delano's perfect Anna Nicole Smith doubles as a Moment Of Awesome. Everything from her look to the half-in-the-bag faces she gives to what she says and the inflections of how she says it were so impossibly perfect, even Ru was in awe at how much Adore was channeling Anna Nicole Smith (Ru and Anna were good friends in real life, while she was still alive).
- While Trinity's Nicki Minaj was nothing to write home about, she did at least give this hilarious reaction to Laganja's not-so-impressive Rachel Zoe.
- In Season 7, Kennedy's Little Richard and Ginger's Adele are both so hilarious and flawlessly executed that they tie for winner.
RuPaul: Where in England are you from Adele?
- From the 2015 live Snatch Game in Chicago: Laganja Estrana as played by Alaska, and Alaska as played by Jinkx.
- In Season 8, Bob The Drag Queen's spot-on (and hilarious) impersonation of Uzo Aduba (well more like Uzo as Crazy Eyes but it still counts) in Snatch Game, followed by Bob switching characters mid-game to an even funnier Carol Channing. No one was surprised when Bob won the challenge.
- In All Stars 2, Alaska becomes a quip machine as Mae West, and Katya delivers a delightfully loopy Björk. It's no surprise when they win the challenge. Alyssa also does a fantastic job at an exaggerated Joan Crawford in spite of not getting her accent at all.
Katya!Bjork: How many bones do I win?
Alaska!Mae: How many bones do you want, hun?
- Season 9's Snatch Game had quite a few impressive performances, including Alexis Michelle as Liza Minelli (who wins the challenge), Sasha Velour as Marlene Dietrich, and Valentina's impression of Ariadna Gutierrez after the 2015 Miss Universe pageant.
- All Stars 3 sees BenDeLaCreme become the only queen to win two Snatch Games with a hilarious Camp Gay portrayal of Paul Lynde, who even before answering a question gets everyone gagging with this interaction with guest player Kristin Chenowith.
- DeLa ties for a win with Shangela for her over-the-top Sassy Black Woman portrayal of Jenifer Lewis, where she milks the portrayal for all its worth and never fails to get zingers in on the other queens. A big highlight comes after Chi Chi hastily tries to correct her placard when she misspells Maya Angelou's name, despite her being her chosen celebrity.
RuPaul: Maya Angelou. Poet, activist, actress.
- From Season 10, highlights included Aquaria surprising everyone with a hilariously dead-eyed portrayal of Melania Trump (who wins), and Monet X Change as Maya Angelou — especially after Chi Chi DeVayne's not-so-great performance as the same person in All Stars 3. Special mention has to go to her "soliloquy":
"If these hoes try to come for me
I surely will cut thee
I will not hesitate to put thee in a ditch
Because Maya Angelou ain't no punk bitch."
- UK Season 1 had Baga Chipz doing a great Margaret Thatcher, and The Vivienne doing an absolutely uncanny Donald Trump. In fact, they played off each other so well during the game, that judge Alan Carr wanted a sitcom with the two of them. Special mention also goes to Blu's Mary Berry just for this one line, which is even better because the answer to be matched was Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent, and given what poonanny stands for, she gets it right!:
- Every instance of Gigi's portrayal of Maria the Robot, which is full of deadpan humor and physical comedy. The biggest standout though is her struggle to pick up her notecards, to the point where one the guest judges couldn't focus on anyone else.
- Same Snatch Game: Heidi as Leslie Jones.
Heidi: The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice.
Ru: I thought it was "darker" the berry. What berries are black?
] Blackberries. [Ru cracks up]
- The All-Stars 5 Snatch Game of Love featured quite a few impressive performances, most notably Alexis Mateo's Walter Mercado, Shea Coulee's Flavor Flav, and especially Jujubee's impeccable Eartha Kitt, who gets Ru gagging with this zinger:
- Canada Season 1's Snatch Game finally gives fans a Joan Rivers impression, done impeccably by Jimbo, who puts down the other contestants, snorts her husband's ashes, and unsurprisingly wins the challenge.
- Also from Canada Season 1, host Brooke Lynn Heights lampshades her own failed performance at this challenge during Season 11 of the US show:
"...And if you bomb The Snatch Game, they'll make you come back and host it!"
- UK Season 2 has Bimini Bon-Boulash as a hysterical Katie Price, who rightfully takes the win:
- Season 13's Snatch Game saw Gottmik do an uncanny Paris Hilton complete with changing the voice from normal to nasally upon starting the actual game and putting down Raven's (who was a contestant on the game) less than stellar impersonation from Season 2. Rosé also shone as Mary, Queen of Scots, who also got major props for making a historical figure work in Snatch Game.
- Speaking of historical figures, Symone also kills it as Harriet Tubman, whose hiding from the mostly white panel and mistaking Jenifer Lewis for Jennifer Lawrence gets the rest of the queens in hysterics.
- There was a Running Gag of the queens eating fruit thanks to Olivia's character being Tabitha Brown, highlights included Kandy biting through an unpeeled banana and Rose saying the apple she had was so bad that she wished she was dead.
- Victoria "Porkchop" Parker winning Snatch Game In-Universe, ensuring Raven remains Always Second Best.
- One of the show's bumpers reads "Available in stunning standard definition! The Queens will thank us."
- Drag U isn't without its funny moments, either. "Is that my ring?"
- Bianca and Alaska's shade-filled commentary on the first episode of Season 7.
- One of the promos for Season 7 was Bianca giving her opinion on the queens... however, it just cuts to a test pattern and then cuts back to a practically speechless Bianca.
Bianca: Wow, I think this is the first time in my life that I'm actually speechless. What the fuck?
- Alyssa's reaction to Violet's impersonation of her.
- Mimi Imfurst's entire performance on The Roast of Michelle Visage, which was part of the Drag Race cruise.
Mimi: Now, Pandora, let's be honest — you were such a fucking cunt on RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars that even Roxxxy Andrews would've left you at a bus stop.
- Derrick Barry's notorious performance on the Hater's Roast 2018, which heavily overlapped with Cringe Comedy due to Derrick being heavily sloshed. Highlights include:
- Struggling for nearly half a minute to remember Latrice's name while literally leaning onto her shoulder.
Derrick: Now, I wish I could remember her name but I am so drunk that I can not remember it!
Trinity: It's Latrice. *Latrice points at sign* Laaa-triiiiiice.
- Her various mispronunciations of Trixie's name. And Thorgy "Shlor"'s.
- An attempt at crowd participation that culminated in her dedicating her performance to "Truck".
- The reactions of the queens in the background, which range from: Eureka and Ginger contentedly recording Derrick the entire time, to Latrice's complete and utter bewilderment, to Trinity Taylor trying to yank her off the stage with an actual Vaudeville hook and walking the length of the stage holding up a "HELP" sign.
- Overall, the comments on YouTube describe the nature of Derrick's performance pretty adequately:
[Danger Dragon]: Her whole set sounds like someone reading a text completely made up of autocomplete.
[Ilznidiotic]: She's not drunk, that's just a spot-on Britney.
- During the All Stars 4 Ruveal video with Trixie, Katya, and Detox, the queens are discussing each individual queen as they're revealed. Special mention has to go to a story Katya shares about Gia.
Katya: We were in a cab in Brazil performing together. Everything was quiet, she turns over to me and says, "Katya, do you believe in milk and cookies?"
- The Running Gag of Raja losing an earring while she and Aquaria are reading the Season 11 queens' entrance looks on Fashion Photo RuView.
- Bob The Drag Queen's attempt to follow Silky Nutmeg Ganache's makeup tutorial, as closely as possible, is worth all seventeen minutes of it. Bob is just aghast that Silky can somehow pull all this insanity off.
Bob: I am doing my eyebrows with a fucking Sharpie. This is insane. [...] Okay, those are... these are not even, and I can't fix them because they're fucking permanent marker!
Meech: The journey Silky must have went on to figure out her own makeup must have been wild
- Peppermint, while reviewing the second episode of season 12 with Bob the Drag Queen on The Pit Stop, tries to compliment Jaida Essence on her elevated sense of fashion but accidentally burps halfway through the sentence, and in spite of her desperate attempts proves absolutely incapable of finishing it, Bob of course not being helpful in the least.
- The Secret Celebrity Drag Race Episode 3 Roast is this and a Moment of Awesome because of how hilarious everyone was, which led to the only three-way win of the series, and it was well deserved. Highlights include:
Nina West: Did you know that statistically speaking, most wrecks happen within 10 minutes of your destination? Bob, that does explain your makeup.
Dustin Milligan/Rachel McAdamsapple: Visage is actually the French word for face, Michelle obviously is French for wrinkly.
Bob the Drag Queen: Michelle has recently decided to Marie Kondo her titties. She folded them in half three times, said thank you and put them away.
Alex Newell/Madam That Bitch
: You know Matt's the host of American Ninja Warrior
, you know that show about people slipping and falling and...oh hey Kim Chi!