- In Ramona the Pest, after being rescued from a mud puddle by Henry, Ramona's teacher tries to prompt her to thank Henry by saying "What do you say, Ramona?" Ramona's response is "My boots! My boots are still in the mud!"
- This incident also prompts Ramona to declare she's going to marry Henry, using a worm as an engagement ring. Henry naturally finds this gross on many levels.
- The whole "Jesus Beezus" thing in Ramona the Brave.
- In Ramona and Her Mother, Ramona wastes an entire tube of toothpaste by pouring it all out into the sink to make a cake. The entire situation is surprisingly amusing.
- This conversation:
- Uncle Hobart: "I used to lie in bed listening to the wolves howl-"Howie: "I don't think there are wolves in Saudi Arabia."Uncle Hobart: "Okay then, listening to camels howl."Howie: "I don't think camels howl. I think they sort of spit."
- And later, when everyone's preparing for the wedding:Howie: "You never told me what noise a camel makes."
- When Mrs. Quimby is having a baby and they are referring to the unborn sibling as "it", Mr. Quimby jokes about what would happen if they named the baby It.
- Mr. Quimby: "Think how everyone would laugh the teacher called the roll. How would you feel introducing your new brother or sister by saying, 'This is It'? And every time anyone said 'I don't like it' about bread pudding or stupid TV programs, It's feelings would be hurt."
- When Ramona forgets what Saudi Arabia is called and she calls it Narnia, Never-Never Land, and Gaudy Arabia.
- When Ramona's reading the list of ice cream flavours, she says this at one point.
- Ramona: "...avocado (avocado ice cream?)..."
- In Beezus and Ramona, Beezus finds Ramona in the basement with a box of apples. She's taking one bite out of each apple and then tossing them aside. Beezus orders her to stop and says, "You can't eat one bite and then throw the rest away." Ramona simply says, "But the first bite tastes best," and picks up another apple.
- Willa Jean's explanation for why she cut off her teddy bear's leg with scissors in Ramona and Her Mother:
- Willa Jean: (crying) "I only wanted to see if Woger had bones!"
Funny / Ramona Quimby