open/close all folders
Monster Hunter World
- During the official Deviljho quest, they try to escape Deviljho through the hollow log in the Ancient Forest. This is the result.[Deviljho destroys the log.]Cotton: I dont think he needs to fit through there.Josh: Well, he cant close distances[Deviljho lobs a boulder at them]Cotton: (cracking up) I dont think he needs to close distances.
- When fighting Tempered Deviljho in the Elder's Recess, while dressed as schoolgirls...Josh: Oh, I've always wanted to do this. [shoryukens Cotton off a cliff toward Jho] Go fight the dinosaur!Cotton: WHUUUUUUH! If I die, I swear to God...!
- Extreme Behemoth turns a single video into a Sadist Show.
- When about to sign up for the quest, Josh doesn't even want to.Josh: (after reading the quest description) ...and then in brackets, "EXTREMELY DIFFICULT," in all red. (as Cotton cracks up) It's like at that point, just, no, love, honestly, put the quest book down, I've... I'VE CHANGED MY MIND! I'm just gonna walk away from that hot mess. Really, he can have the Recess, who gives a[Cut to Dodogama's intro scene, as David Guetta's "Don't Leave Me Alone" plays]
- The start of the fight firmly establishes that This Is Gonna Suck for our heroes.Josh: So I'll be honest here, how hard can he actually hit? Like, how hard could it be? How hard could it fucking be? Come on, hit me! HIT ME![Josh gets pegged by Meteor... it doesn't do much damage, but he misses the Defense Down icon popping up.]Josh: THAT'S PATHETIC! I was expecting more, you pansy. Extreme my ass, extreme boredom!Hagrid: I shouldn'ta said that.[Cuts back to "Cotton has fainted," followed by "You have fainted," all while "Die Die Die" plays, and the Quake announcer yells out "FIRST BLOOD! DOUBLE KILL!"]Hagrid: I should NOT have said that.Josh: Look... what's important is, we got a feel for the initial part of the fight.
- When about to sign up for the quest, Josh doesn't even want to.
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
- The entire series begins with Cotton poorly describing Great Maccao.Cotton: It's like Pukei had sex with Kulu-ya-Ku.Josh: Christ...Cotton: But that's what it looks like!
- Cotton often responds to a monster doing something awesome (Gravios' beam, Valstrax's rocket dash, Mizutsune's bubble status, White Fatalis' black lightning, among others) by screaming and/or cracking up. It's hilarious every time.
- A particular gem during their battle against Deadeye Yian Garuga, in a conversation that makes zero sense even in context.Josh: If I jumped a hundred feet in the air, you'd be like "Shit, that's impressive", but then I land and break my legs and it would be sad, so that's what happens.
- Cotton's Running Gag of referring to Lao-Shan Lung as a big, old wingless Rathalos.Cotton (as Lao-Shan): Ahhh, my back! That's where my wings used to be when I was a young (cue Josh Corpsing) stud Rathalos getting all the Rathian women!
Josh: Aren't you excited though, by the way, at one point to meet whatever made that thing feel the need to run in terror?
- During their first victory against Lao-Shan Lung, Cotton completely ruins whatever buildup Josh was setting up for Fatalis.
- Easily the best is his initial reaction to the Ahtal-Nesto. As it rises up, you can actually hear him drop his controller.Well, he looks and me... and I look at him... and he looks at me... and I look at him! And he looks at me! And I look at hiiiim! And he says"Cotton: WHAT THE FUCK!?
- Cotton roasting the Chaotic Gore Magala at the beginning and end of the episode featuring it, from poking fun at its deformities to making jokes about its swollen right wingarm.Josh: So what are your words?Cotton: Best Magala... Masturbater.
- Alternative Character Interpretation reaches its full zenith during the Ukanlos episode, which Cotton insisting that Ukanlos is not only a nice guy who shovels snow for a living but is also an amazing father to Dodogama, raising him well and supporting him in his pursuit of the opposing element.Josh: Are you gonna start calling him "daddy"?Cotton: Yes.
Silly Weapons Showcase
- When Cotton shows off the Kut-Ku Pair in the Lagiacrus episode, it very quickly descends into Dead Baby Comedy.Josh: So you slaughtered two baby Kut-Ku, took their bone, grafted it to their heads, then ripped off their feet, stuck it to the bone, so you can have both weapon and ornament.Cotton: Yes. And I ate the bodies.Cotton: I WASTE NOTHING!
- The best one has to be during the Furious Rajang episode, where Cotton shows him the Sharq Lance, causing Josh to completely lose his shit, almost choking from laughter. Made better by the fact that Josh Didn't See That Coming.Cotton: I think the best part about this weapon is how efficient it is. The "No Swim Sign" was because of the Sharq. I removed the Sharq, so obviously they don't need the sign anymore so I took the sign and made it the shield.
- This gem at the beginning of the Raging Brachydios episode:Josh: Reveal to m—
- Josh's crush towards the Brachydios note which would make Sophia the Guildmarm from 4 Ultimate proud.
- Josh almost never plays with his HUD on. When they meet Thunderlord Zinogre, Josh gets comboed by the big wolf, unable to escape. When he finally gets a moment to blink, he asks what happened to his stamina and flicks his HUD on... and he's a mosquito bite away from death.
- Cotton's terrified noises during the battle against Hellblade Glavenus.Josh: Seriously though, what the fuck are those noises he's making?
- On the star of this episode:Josh: So this is the Furious Rajang.Cotton: [as both of them start laughing] Mildly-Annoyed Rajang!Josh: The Frustrated-at-Best Rajang, that weve come to know and love!
- "HELLBLADE IS NOT OKAY": When Josh first describes Hellblade Glavenus (while they're in the middle of fighting it, mind), we get a Cutaway Gag showing the first few seconds of the "This is Fine" animated [adult swim] ID (based on the famously memetic comic from Gunshow) with the Glavenus' tail blade spliced in.Josh: YES!Cotton: WHY?!Cotton: Well, they're wrong!Josh: They ARE wrong!
- While fighting Alatreon, Josh explains that the stock of the situation is that they're out of healing and carts, and that the plan is as follows: Step one, avoid the black dragon. Step two, attack the black dragon. Step three, keep hitting the black dragon. Step four, avoid getting hit, thus reinforcing step one. Step five, kill the black dragon. Step six, head back to the Pub and wait for all this to blow over. While that summary alone is funny enough, Cotton reminds him that they do need to carve the black dragon, which Josh hastily makes step six... via going through the entire plan again, including the new step. Cotton does it two more times, with steps completely unrelated to the fight with Alatreon.
- This gets an amazing payoff much later in the episode. Much like Brachy, Josh offhandedly mentions making love to him.Cotton: What step is that?Josh: [cracking up, before going through the whole plan again] ...step five, kill the black dragon. Step six, make love to him...Cotton: Uh, you know you said "killing him" was step five, right?
- This gets an amazing payoff much later in the episode. Much like Brachy, Josh offhandedly mentions making love to him.
- From the first episode:
- Josh and Cotton are rambling as normal, with both of them in the camera... when an old woman suddenly photobombs in front of them.Cotton: Thats quite the insect glaive.. DAMMIT WOMAN, GO AWAY!Josh: [through laughter] CAN WE HELP YOU, LADY? Like, honestly![the woman walks away while sad music plays]Josh: [as both of them crack up] Aww, she just sadly shuffled off!
- Josh criticizes an NPCs outfit.Josh: And look at how shes dressed, like a wannabe pirate attention-seeking whore.Cotton: Wow.
- Josh and Cotton run into the boss of a quest.Cotton: Oh shit, this dudes orange! [immediately starts attacking] Whoa, hes got a lot of health!Josh: [while laughing] Its, like, this dudes orange! FOR THAT HE MUST DIE.
- Josh and Cotton are rambling as normal, with both of them in the camera... when an old woman suddenly photobombs in front of them.
- "Being on fire is a state of mind."
- Josh gets surprised by the adds of Boreus.Josh: THIS IS A CHUNKY BABY! WHY IS THIS BABY A BALL!?
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Bewear! If you go down in the woods today, youre sure of a big surprise...