- A consistent Running Gag of the OVA is that, due to her tendency to spend the evenings as a Hard-Drinking Party Girl, Ayaka is Not a Morning Person. She can usually turn off an alarm clock in her sleep, so Mamoru scatters alarm clocks around her bedroom so that by the time she gets to them all, she's out of her sleepwalking phase. By the time of Incident File: 03, though, even that isn't working, so Mamoru has to trick her into thinking she's at the karaoke bar to get her to wake up.
- It's no secret to anyone that Ayaka drinks, but you know it's bad when even an anemic vampire refused to take her blood, when she offered it!Ayaka: (suggestively) Weel~elll, I can offer you a few cc's, if you like. *wink!*
(lifts her hair, exposing her neck)
Bosco: (clears throat, looks away) I'm uh... afraid that won't do.
Ayaka: (voice low, offended) And why not...?
Bosco: (leans further away) ...something to do with the, uh... *ahem!* alcohol content of your blood.
- It looks funnier out of context, but Bosco explained earlier that, when it comes to blood, vampires have tough dietary restrictions. And to be fair, he's controlling his blood lust to the best of his ability. He only burdens his girlfriend four times a year, and only for 200cc's at a time (less than a transfusion unit).Bosco: You can't imagine how difficult it is to find someone of this kind in a modern city like Tokyo. A girl who's a virgin, doesn't drink or smoke or do drugs? Why it's almost impossible!
- How bad's her drinking? How about the time in Incident File: 03 when she helps a ghost drown his sorrows (It Makes Sense in Context; there's a reason he's a ghost).
- Nanami tries to bake a cake in Incident File: 03. But she gets the ingredients wrong and the oven explodes. Unfortunately, Nanami's a pyrokinetic who spooks easily. Her resultant panic blast scorches Ayaka and Mamoru, but her biggest concern?Nanami: It's all ruined. Maybe it was one tablespoon of baking soda, two cups flour.
(shows Ayaka and Mamoru both covered in singe marks, just before they pass out)
- Ayaka's Pre-Asskicking One-Liner before her battle with Mukyo, at the end of Incident File: 04.Ayaka: (dramatically) Rampant parasetic evil who tortures the living, baldheaded creep, who threatens my income. You KNOW you're up to no good. Now, your time has come: Ayaka Kisaragi has arrived!
- That bit about the income was real, though. The business in question had been stealing all her clients and pushing Phantom Quest to the brink. When you and your crew are forced to take jobs at a cutesy restaurant to make ends meet, it's a little sad and a lot of funny at the same time. Plus, even if it weren't personal: Ayaka's firm do their job and get rid of ghosts and demons. Mukyo infested a place with demons and then recaptured them, thus pretty much betraying every single person that paid them. So if Ayaka has any sort of pride in her job, that alone would push her over the edge.
- At the end, Ayaka's mere seconds away from confessing her feelings for Detective Karino, complete with held gaze and luminescent blush. Nanami decides that's their cue to leave and ushers Rokkon away... and then Ayaka's top rips, exposing her breasts. Naturally, Karino can't help but look and gets busted by Ayaka.
Funny / Phantom Quest Corp.