open/close all folders
- Pretty much any time their love for Chie kicks in, especially the anticipation of getting her Social Link up to Rank 10.Jeff: Chie's the kind of girl you go out drinking with and SHE gets in a fight.
Jeff: Alright, if we're going to be hanging out with Chie we need a sedative and some royal jelly.
- Also how whenever Charlie hugs one of this girlfriends, they pretend that he can only speak in Hulk Speak during it.
- Anytime anyone says anything that could be even remotely construed as something sexual, one of the guys, usually Vinny, will say "ziiip", indicating that Charlie is in the process of removing his pants.
- Jeff's love/hate relationship with the localization team. "Look away from the cards!"
- Various comments from Ryan Davis off mic."You're talking about sex, right?!"
"That is NOT appropriate."
"Because the Dutch are cheap."
"It's called a Prince Albert."
"Yeah take him from behind!"
"Nothing stops the money train!"
"Do you guys need some dog poison?"
- Anytime the guys impersonate Igor, Morooka, Dojima, Nanako, Kanji or Adachi. Hell, even Rise's!
- Kanji and Dojima are the best of all of them. Virtually any scene with one of those two talking is sure to have some memorable quip.
- Impersonations of Igor usually involve slang and profanity."Pull over, we're gonna bury these dead bitches right here outside of town."
- Vinny's name for the various Personas on the Shuffle Time screen, like "Guy on Fire." This leads to some great out of context quotes:"I like Bad Alucard Cosplay."
"A monkey reading a book? PERFECT!"
- Any mention of Funky Student and/or the Fox.
- Every time something awkward happens, they decide it's the end of the game or video. For instance, upon seeing the in-universe preview for Kanji's bathhouse in Part 34, they decide to stop the episode right there.
- Despite the phrase only being said once or twice by Kanji, they turn "Get bent!" into his catchphrase, sneaking it into a good chunk of his dialogue.
- A running gag is when Charlie comes home, Vinny has him run over to Nanako and brag about his day and what he did while Nanako was at home. Later replaced with Charlie acting depressed, once Nanako's hospitalized."I just had the biggest steak, too bad your dad isn't around to hear about it."
"I made out."
- Repeatedly telling Dave they're going to fight the King every time he passes by, having previously said they were going to do so during the episode he sat in but never actually getting around to it.
- Whenever they have Adachi call someone a bitch.
- The Endurance Run even got a mention or two on the Bombcast. One listener wrote in to ask whose party Vinny and Jeff would rather go to: Funky Student's or Mysterious Fox's. They theorize that Fox's party would probably be too good, some "dark shit" would go down there.
Parts 1- 20
- Part 1:
- Igor has a name, people! And according to Vinny, he's going to "do things to you". And his assistant will "help him do those things to you."
- Meeting Dojima.
- Part 2:
- The game railroads Vinny into going to bed on the first night home:Jeff: YOU ARE TIRED FROM THE LONG TRIP! IT WOULD BE BEST IF YOU WENT TO BED EARLY TODAY!
- The game railroads Vinny into going to bed on the first night home:
- Part 3:
- Jeff and Vinny's first reaction to Morooka is to ask Charlie to kill him. Then there's their impression of him."You just wanna get laid! Take those pins off your jacket, they signify your desirability to become impregnated by da transfer student."
- Jeff and Vinny's first reaction to Morooka is to ask Charlie to kill him. Then there's their impression of him.
- Part 4:
Chie: Is [the dead body] the incident they were talking about?
- Jeff and Vinny characterize Dojima as wanting Charlie to score with Chie and Yukiko at once, and he'll watch it on camera.
Jeff: No, there was another incident.
- Part 5:
- Making fun of Yukiko near the start.
- The scene at Junes, particularly meeting Saki and hearing Yosuke laugh.
- Part 6:
- "There's empty space inside!"
- Part 8:
- The principal reveals to the school that Saki Konishi has passed away. He tells the students that the police are currently investigating:Principal: If they ask for your cooperation—
Jeff: Don't tell 'em a damn thing! Stop snitching!
Vinny: Bitches don't snitch!
Jeff: Snitches get stitches!
- And joking that Morooka was responsible.
- The jazzy background music is what the school plays in the halls to try to cheer up the students.
- The principal reveals to the school that Saki Konishi has passed away. He tells the students that the police are currently investigating:
- Part 11:
- Their reactions to Yukiko's Midnight Channel video, and then Yosuke's jacket.
- Part 12:
- The Investigation Team is officially formed, Chie talks back to Teddie, so Vinny immediately declares she's off the team.
- At the Dojima house, when Dojima's questioning Charlie:Vinny as Nanako: Can we go to Junes?
Jeff as Dojima: SHUT UP!
Nanako: This isn't the police station.
Jeff: Yeah, pig! You don't have your cop friends here with you, cop!
- Part 13:
- Jeff and Vinny meet Funky Student for the first time.
- Part 15:
- The main character occasionally has randomly generated dreams with one of his active Social Links if he goes directly to bed at night. Cue Jeff and Vinny getting this gem the very first time it happened to them:P4: >You had a dream that you and Chie were wearing luchador masks and wrestling...
Jeff & Vinny: ...
Jeff: YES, HELL YES!
Vinny: [laughing] What.
Jeff: Man, this game knows me a little too well.
Vinny: [still laughing] What?
P4: >Your relationship with Chie has intensified.
Vinny: [more laugh]
Jeff: Effin' a it has, dude.
Vinny: Ohh, why this isn't a cutscene.
Jeff: God, I'm gonna sup... I'm gonna suplex that Chie.
Vinny: Hopefully she had the same dream.
- Their reaction to Kou declaring that he "looooves them balls".Jeff: And, uh, there you go, the end of our Persona 4 Endurance Run. We've reached the end of the game, because it can't get any better than this.
Vinny: I just want Funky Student to stick his head in and be like...
Jeff & Vinny: DAAAAAAAAAAMN!
- The main character occasionally has randomly generated dreams with one of his active Social Links if he goes directly to bed at night. Cue Jeff and Vinny getting this gem the very first time it happened to them:
- Part 16:Vinny: That baby is pretty creepy.
Secret Bambino gets up close to Chie and attacks
- Part 17:
- Fed up with the game reminding him of the fog deadline, Vinny has Charlie announce to a nearly empty classroom - including Chie - that the fog will come after a few days of rain.
- The entire Rank 2 scene for Kou's Social Link, even checking their rank beforehand.
- Part 19:
- Charlie eating Miso.
- Part 20:
- When a capsule machine becomes a greater issue than saving your friend's life.P4: 'Turning the dial took some time.'
P4: 'It's time to go home...'
- It becomes a running gag, with Vinny fearing that any possible activity could take up valuable time, and is especially wary of the capsule machine from then on.
- Later, Vinny considers spending the second-to-last day before the deadline is up to hang out with Yumi.Vinny: We're so close to making out! Yukiko's not gonna give it up!
Jeff: Dude, she'll die!
- When a capsule machine becomes a greater issue than saving your friend's life.
Parts 21- 40
- Part 21:
- "DUDE! She's just beyond the door!" (Teddie's look of determination in Yukiko's dungeon.)
- Part 23:
- Trying to fuse a Senri with Red Wall... and not realizing that the skills a Persona inherits change every time you select it.
- Part 24:
- The parody dialogue when Adachi is properly introduced, where they impersonate Dojima introducing him to Nanako as her "Uncle"."How come Young Detective comes over for dinner and then sleeps in Mommy's bed?"
- Wanting a "Don't hit me" option when talking to Dojima after he punches Adachi.
- Which is itself a callback to a running joke started in Giant Bomb's video review of Fallout 3.
- Charlie tells Yukiko that her Shadow is only one part of her.
- The parody dialogue when Adachi is properly introduced, where they impersonate Dojima introducing him to Nanako as her "Uncle".
- Part 25:
- The whole episode.
- Part 27:
- Funky Student as a party member.
- Omoikane's special attack: grossing out the Shadows.
- "Supple Metal..."
- This:Yukiko: Oh, did I level-up?
Jeff: Shut up.
- Part 28:
- "Teddie has failed us."
- "I'm Jack Frost, HO!"
- Part 29:
- "Popularity leads to intimacy, Vinny."
- Studying with Chie.
- Dojima calls to tell Nanako and Charlie that vacation is cancelled:Jeff: Charlie, listen to me. Kill the kid, torch the house, we gotta get outta here. Alright, alright, I'm gonna tell you some stuff that's gonna seem really heavy, you need to not react 'cause the kid's there, alright?
- "I'M THE HAPPY JUNES MAN!"
- "Tactless Student strikes again!" when Yosuke accidentally implies the existence of Mrs. Dojima (who is dead) in front of Nanako.
- "That's my Daisuke!"
- Part 30:
- The notion of Nanako using Charlie to usurp all his friendships.
- Meeting the mysterious fox:Jeff: Hey mysterious fox.
P4: 'Does it live at the shrine?'
Jeff: You know, these are not the questions I'm asking about mysterious fox.
- Vinny decides that Charlie's understanding is not high enough.Dojima: I can't tell if you're playing dumb, or if you really are that dense.
Vinny: Aw man. I don't like living here anymore.
- Part 32:
- Ryan joins the guys for this episode, having not paid any attention to the events of the first 31 episodes, leading to much confusion.Ryan: This game is teaching you all sorts of F-ed up stuff.
- The guys introduce Ryan to Chie.Ryan: Is this, like, a girl that you have feelings for?
Vinny: I don't - no.
Jeff: Well - What do you - What are you trying?
Ryan: Jeff, I'm talking to you personally, Jeff, not the character.
- The background students in Charlie's classroom after the exams are over.
- The guys have a laugh even as Yumi's Social Link heads deep into drama territory at the hospital.Jeff as Yumi: Will you be my new daddy?
- Meeting Eri:Eri: You seem so mature.
Ryan: Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. ...Yes I am!
Jeff: I saw a movie like this once.
- And Kanji's first appearance (via the TV interview):Dojima: Still up to the same old tricks...?
Jeff as Dojima: My arch-nemesis...
- Ryan joins the guys for this episode, having not paid any attention to the events of the first 31 episodes, leading to much confusion.
- Part 33:
- Jeff's disdain for Yukiko.
- Everything being a bad influence on Nanako.
- This exchange, where Jeff acts like Kanji:Jeff: Hey Vinny?
Jeff: Get bent!
Vinny: WHOA! You're one scary dude! Are you in a biker gang?
Jeff: Well you know, they're two words that sound funny together, so I might join one.
- Their reactions to Yosuke awkwardly asking Charlie which of the two girls in the party (at the time) he preferred.Jeff: Give me the controller!
"What does he see in her?"
- They pick Chie, and then feel like the game has locked them into that choice. Then they notice Yosuke's character model focused on Chie the next day. One of them impersonates Yosuke thinking to himself.
- Noting that "Kanji" is both the name of a character in the game and a written form of Japanese: "That's the Japanese equivalent of Alphabet Jones."
- Part 34:
- Their reaction to Yosuke and Chie hiding from Kanji.
- Kanji's had enough of being followed, and is friends with the fox.Kanji: I'm taking you all down! I LOOK LIKE I'M JOKING?!
Jeff as Kanji: FOX, GET THE HELL OUT HERE!
- The ending.
- Part 35:
- Jeff/Charlie tells Nanako about how he has to rescue Kanji, but doesn't want to due to Kanji being a jerk, meaning Kanji might die, making Nanako regret this subject of conversation.
- Part 36:
- Having Charlie try to look inconspicuous before asking Naoto about Kanji.
- The mysterious fox appears at Junes:Jeff: Oh DUDE!
Jeff as the fox: You guys seen Kanji around? We're bros. Me, him, and Funky Student are starting a jazz trio.
- The key to defeating Monopolizing Cupid - Baltic Avenue.
- The Death card appears:
- Part 37:
- Vinny sums up the ending to the previous video, getting the Death Arcana Chance and being removed from the dungeon:"We got kicked out of the Bad, Bad Bathhouse for bad, bad behavior."
- Giving voices to the Shadows that the Wealth Hand summoned before it fled.
- "It's an optical illusion, [the police Shadows] are both the same size."
- Their Alternate Character Interpretation of Ghoul.
- Vinny sums up the ending to the previous video, getting the Death Arcana Chance and being removed from the dungeon:
- Jeff becoming frequently annoyed at Kanji's bathhouse, becoming a Red Oni.
- Part 38:
- Their first encounter with the Gigas Shadows, "the Brothers Hogan". Then later when two more appear in another fight, Jeff and Vinny pretend they're the exact same ones as before.
- They also decide that Hogan's weaknesses would be "Urine Test" and "Nullify Contract".
- Preparing to fight the mid-boss in Kanji's dungeon.Jeff: If you were a bathhouse mid-boss, what would you use to attack?
Vinny: Charm. Money.
- Mr. Morooka watching Shadow Kanji's show.
- Their first encounter with the Gigas Shadows, "the Brothers Hogan". Then later when two more appear in another fight, Jeff and Vinny pretend they're the exact same ones as before.
- Part 39:
- Jeff and Vinny's confusion with the fictional book's title, Off Today, of the Naughty (actually Timid) Teacher series of books.Vinny: You found out all about Mr. Morooka.
Vinny as Dojima: Charlie! You readin' off up there?!
Jeff as Charlie: [voice breaking] N-no!
- Yukiko's Rank 2 scene.
- Charlie fails to translate correctly, so Yosuke (Jeff) makes fun of him for it the next day. Charlie's hand also kept translating even after the narration said he stopped, implying Charlie's lost all control. But his Expression did increase from 'Rough' to 'Eloquent'.Vinny: Eloquent. Hellooo Yukiko. Hellooo Chie.
- Jeff and Vinny's confusion with the fictional book's title, Off Today, of the Naughty (actually Timid) Teacher series of books.
- Part 40:
- The beginning:Morooka: Should we halt the class and take a nap, huh? Shape up, losers! Where's your dignity?
Vinny: Hey, wake up [Jeff]! You fell asleep yesterday, apparently!
Jeff: Ah! Where's my dignity?
- Charlie forces Nanako to spend time with him."Archangel demands it!"
- Yosuke's Rank 3:Jeff: I feel like I understand you a bit more. I'm just not sure that I want to.
- The beginning:
Parts 41- 60
- Part 41:
- Raising Nanako's Social Link:Vinny: We're spending a lot of time with this kid.
Jeff: Well, she needs it!
Vinny: Yeah, but now she's mouthing off to her dad.
Jeff: Good! He needs it!
- The noise Jeff makes when Charlie fails to meet his envelope folding goal.
- Raising Nanako's Social Link:
- Part 42:
- "Popularity leads to intimacy, Vinny."
- "POPULARITY LEADS TO HEPATITIS, VINNY!"
- The episode ends with Vinny losing a fight (and a lot of progress) to a group of tough Shadows. But one highlight is using a Revival Bead to bring Yosuke back... only for Zionga to instantly kill him again.
- "Popularity leads to intimacy, Vinny."
- Part 43:
- Summoning Ippon-Datara.Jeff: He's either the world's worst dentist or the world's best blacksmith. There's really no difference.
- Summoning Ippon-Datara.
- Part 44:
- Vinny draws the Reversed Lovers Arcana, causing more tough Shadows to spawn in the dungeon. Jeff wants him to be more careful, but Vinny insists that he should fight as often as he can. Vinny attacks the next Shadow he sees, and they're the Magi from Part 42. Vinny changes his mind.
- Part 45:
- Vinny's reaction to Vetala.
Vinny: Dad, put your pants on!
- Related, both of their reactions to Andra, aka Naked Owl Man:
Jeff: I'M WEARING MY OWL HEAD!
- The gravity of their decision to play through all of Persona 4 finally dawns on Jeff.Jeff: Dude, this game is long, we're still only using the light spells.
Jeff: What...WHAT ARE WE DOING?!
- Not doing an All-Out Attack:Yosuke: We're not gonna? What a waste...
Jeff: YOU'RE A WASTE!
- Trying to figure out how to fight the King.Jeff: If you were an Egotistical King, what would you be weak against?
Vinny: Uh, gold dust. Do we have any more of that?
- Vinny ignores the stairs once again to level grind with Shadows. He runs into the Magis again, Chie gets enraged and knocked over, Charlie gets reduced to barely any HP, and avoids two strong spells in a row. Vinny asks Jeff if he should use the Vanish Ball to escape."Use the fucking ball, go up the fucking stairs!"
- Charlie comes home from a long day of dungeon crawling, which entails Yosuke getting knocked out by all kinds of spells:
- Vinny's reaction to Vetala.
- Part 46:
- Vinny spends nearly half an hour (out of a 46-minute video) preparing Charlie to enter the bathhouse. Then their first encounter gets the better of them, the Reverse Empress sends everyone to 1 hit point, and they run into the Magis yet again.Teddie: It's not strong at all, I'm sure you can win!
Vinny: Teddie have you been watching this game?!
- Vinny spends nearly half an hour (out of a 46-minute video) preparing Charlie to enter the bathhouse. Then their first encounter gets the better of them, the Reverse Empress sends everyone to 1 hit point, and they run into the Magis yet again.
- Part 47:
- Seeing Kanji and Shadow Kanji together, Jeff and Vinny put words into Kanji's mouth."... I'm looking at a nude me here, guys. I'm really into it. I don't... really have time to talk right now."
- Tough Guy runs away after Shadow Kanji is defeated."I just came to party! I'm not so tough, I know they call me Tough Guy, but you know, it's like calling a bald guy 'Curly'! It's Nice Guy you gotta watch out for, he's a dick."
- Yosuke will bring Kanji home and, if anyone asks, he'll say that he found Kanji "like this". Since Kanji isn't any different, Jeff and Vinny suggest they cover Kanji in crack and alcohol, and remove his pants.
- The scene with Dojima.
- Seeing Kanji and Shadow Kanji together, Jeff and Vinny put words into Kanji's mouth.
- Part 48
- Dave sits in for this episode. Special mention to the scenes where Kanji formally joins the Investigation Team.Kanji: So someone's killing people with a TV? What, is he beating them to death?
Jeff: You've figured it out.
Dave: You are a detective!
Jeff: We're done. Game over. Roll the credits.
- The entire "Charlie is signed up for health club" scene, but one highlight is when Dave meets Morooka."There are many things that scare me about this man."
- Or when they walk into the office and see two girls insideJeff: Yeah I'm the doctor, everybody get naked.
- Dave sits in for this episode. Special mention to the scenes where Kanji formally joins the Investigation Team.
- Part 49:
- The bonding session with Dojima. Especially this gem.Jeff: Dojima will take a hit for you during battle! Wait...
- Young people developing a love for their hometown:Chie: The way we supposedly develop that love is by picking up trash off the mountain.
Vinny: You mean like hookers?
Jeff: Let's go out and pick up some 'mountain trash' this weekend, OWW!
- The proposal of a DVD version of the Endurance Run with commentary over their own commentary.
- The bonding session with Dojima. Especially this gem.
- Part 50:
Dave: Did you think it would last this long?
- The accompanying Behind the Scenes video released in celebration of Episode 50.
Ryan: Fuck no! I'm surprised it lasted a week, man.
- Chie's Rank 6 scene.Jeff: We'll stop the bullies together, it's you and me against this crazy world, RUN AWAY WITH ME!
- Jeff and Vinny's reaction to Nanako's summer clothes.
- Charlie eats a frozen banana.Vinny as Dojima: Did you just eat that frozen banana? That was a severed penis from the crime lab."
- Charlie's magic trick, including random black comedy from Vinny."Nanako shot the rubberband into her mouth, choked, and died. Push X to cut up the body before Dojima gets home."
- The scene in the guys' tent is a gray area for humor in the game. But Jeff and Vinny's commentary make it funny all-around. Especially when Yosuke starts eating Animal Crackers.
- And this moment:Jeff: Yosuke sucks all the way. He messes up everything.
Yosuke: Ta-da! [whips out swimsuits for the girls]
Jeff: OH YOSUKE, YOU'RE AWESOME!
- After Charlie and Yosuke are pushed into the river.Chie: Aren't they the worst, Kanji-kun?
Jeff as Kanji: The cold water makes their nipples hard- Uh, what were you saying?
- The ending:Vinny: I thought fighting monsters was hard, but try talking to high school girls.
Ryan: [in the background] TELL ME ABOUT IT!
- Part 52:
- Charlie considers whether to lick a bag of wasabi he found in the fridge.Jeff: Uh, ever asked the question, "lick it"? Answer's always yes.
- Charlie considers whether to lick a bag of wasabi he found in the fridge.
- Part 53:
- The guys' plan to "protect" Rise from the killer...Jeff: We're gonna kill her before she can get kidnapped.
Vinny: We'll see if that works. Can't kidnap a dead person, right?
Jeff: Let's out-kill the killer!
- "I'll try to sound tough, describing tofu. I'm gonna go sewing."
- Their reaction to Yosuke suggesting that the team buys adult diapers for the stakeout at Rise's place."...You're off the team."
- Seconds later, Kanji tries to get the team to move along."You guys keep the lady busy, I'm gonna shoplift some Value Medicines."
- The guys' plan to "protect" Rise from the killer...
- Part 54:
- Jeff and Vinny are deciding whether Charlie and Yosuke should sneak up behind the suspect to capture him, and Ryan chimes in, "YEAH, TAKE 'IM FROM BEHIND!", to no reaction.
- Part 55:
- Charlie spending time with Nanako.
- Part 57:
- They keep running into Jack Frost during Shuffle Time, and Jeff makes him out to be like Ghoul, complete with a silly voice.
- Part 58:
- The part near the beginning where they're on the shopping network.
- All of Yosuke's Rank 6 scenes, both working part time and at the food court.Vinny: I just got paid 69,000 to hang out with Yosuke. What a bust, YOSUKE'S OFF THE TEAM!
- Chie's Meat Gum at the end.
- Part 59:
- Charlie at drama practice without Yumi.
- Sayoko's Rank 1, including finding out that it's the Devil Arcana.Vinny: I don't like where this is going, but I like where this is going.
Vinny: I want...to do that...job...again...
- Part 60:
- Charlie may have gotten intimate with Sayoko, so the next day Vinny has him trying to find people he can brag to.
- "If Nurse is putting out by Rank 2, by Rank 7 we'll be divorced."
Parts 61- 80
- Part 61:
- Their reaction to the power going out and their battery backup holding, especially "Nothing stops the endurance run, motherfucker!" and Ryan's excited yells in the background.
- The black-and-white effects when the power goes out.
- The proposal for an Endurance Run sweepstakes.
- Part 62:
- "Don't have sex with your Persona. You'll get hair on your palms."
- Part 63:
- Jeff and Vinny take on the Intolerant Officer, the extra boss at the end of the Steamy Bathhouse. They took it down...but since they had the reverse Moon arcana in effect, they only got 1 experience point.
- Part 64:
- Charlie's dream about the fox.Jeff: Why would an animal wear a luchador mask?
Vinny: That's just ridiculous.
- Talking to Shady Student.
- Fusing shenanigans, including High Pixie being "David Bowie with weird chest implants" and Queen Mab being "Bowie, the later years."Vinny: [after noticing Queen Mab would have Enervation and Balzac] Do you wanna enervate your Balzac?
Jeff: Well, I mean - I - yeah...I usually take care of that on the weekends.
- Titania's Diarama changes into Dekaja, prompting a very angry noise.
- Charlie's dream about the fox.
- Part 66:
- Meeting Nozuchi inspires quite a bit of commentary from the two:Jeff: It's like Mr. Snuffleupagus, but gone horribly wrong.
Vinny: Through the fly-teleportation-thing.
Jeff: An elephant got in the teleporter?
Jeff: It's a coconut... with hair, it's... I don't like this one bit.
Vinny: It looks like my uncle. I wanna summon that thing.
Jeff: How did that thing emerge from the sea of my soul? That's what I wanna know.
Vinny: You've been eating too many Cheetos.
Jeff: Or not enough Cheetos.
- Jeff and Vinny hop into the dungeon, grind a little bit, work it, and pull out, as observed by Ryan.
- The best part is, it's the strip club dungeon.
- Finding an ice cube and pretending it's Ice Cube."Thanks for getting me out! Yay-ay! I heard there'd be strippers! Have you seen my cousin Funky Student?"
- Meeting Nozuchi inspires quite a bit of commentary from the two:
- Part 67:
- The "quick look" at the fusing mechanic. "Fun for the whole family."
- Summoning Gdon, the flaming tiger Persona:Jeff: Why is he humping?
Vinny: He's in heat. Get it? ZING!
Jeff: This endurance run is over.
- Encountering the Arcana Turret (miniature tank) Shadow.
- Part 68:
- Making fun of Shadow Rise's dancing animation, as well as Vinny's response to Shadow Rise's rant:Vinny: This is what happened the last time I went to a strip club, this is why I don't go.
- It takes the Investigation Team the entirety of Shadow Rise's monologue and the first part of Rise denying it before they try to stop the boss fight from happening.Rise: You're...
Chie: No! Don't say it!
Jeff: This is the part where they thought to intervene? Idiots!"
Rise: You're... not me!
- Comparing Shadow Rise's satellite dish face to the Big Shell.Vinny: If you look closely, you can see little dudes running across it.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: Kanji appearing in the cutscenes, despite not being in the active party, thereby not helping."Hey Kanji, nice of you to join us!"
- Shadow Rise's weakness - giving her enough money to get through college.
- Everything related to Teddie's last stand.
- Vinny casts ice on a boss that drains ice. Yep. It's every bit the hilariously bad mistake it sounds. He will never live down casting Bufu.
Jeff: No! What'd you- oh my God, dude! Come on!
- Compound this with the fact that he already knew that it drained ice and you know this is going to haunt him forever.
- Even better is as Vinny is selecting Bufu, he actually says "we're not chumps . . ."
- Making fun of Shadow Rise's dancing animation, as well as Vinny's response to Shadow Rise's rant:
- Part 69:
- Their impressions in of drunken Dojima, AKA "Fun Time Daddy".Vinny as Dojima: Let'sh all go to Junesh. I'll get my shpecial brick key.
Vinny as Dojima: Get your friend Kanji; we're gonna go beat up shome punksh. Nanako, you drive.
- Jeff's annoyance with the Japan-centric multiple choice question in the game, followed by trying to ask the teacher's hand puppet for the answer.
- Related, Jeff's fury at Yosuke's obnoxious coworkers during his Social Link scene.
- Their impressions in of drunken Dojima, AKA "Fun Time Daddy".
- Part 70:
- Jeff's Mothman impersonation.
- Vinny and Jeff argue over whether or not Charlie should eat Nanako's pudding in the refrigerator.
- The ending.
- Part 71:
- A lot of stuff happens in this episode alone, such as Morooka being revealed as the latest victim, Teddie escaping the TV world and revealing he's grown a human form inside him, and Kashiwagi becoming the new homeroom teacher, and their reactions to each are priceless.
- Jeff and Vinny getting indignant on Chie calling the shots on having another team meeting at the very start.
- Their reactions to the scene where Teddie's new clothes are introduced, followed by guessing that Rise will appear and take off her human skin to reveal a bear underneath.
- Their Igor impressions, followed by their reaction to unlocking new fusion patterns, adding another layer of depth to the fusion mechanic that they didn't want.Igor: Now your jouney will son reach its climax.
Jeff: Oh, is it one of these dreams?
- Meeting KashiwagiVinny: Hey, I heard there's a new teacher in class today!
- The Van Halen references.
- The students in the background in Charlie's class talking about watching the Endurance Run themselves.
- Part 72:
- All of Dojima's Rank 5 scene.Vinny: You dreamed about wrestling Dojima in a luchador mask.
Jeff: And you woke up, and it was actually happening.
- All of Dojima's Rank 5 scene.
- Part 73:
- Takeshi interrupts Chie and Charlie training:Takeshi: Were you this anal before?
Jeff: No, that's just a recent thing.
- "Teddie, heeey! What's up girlfriend?"
- Takeshi interrupts Chie and Charlie training:
- Part 74:
- Charlie talking to the fox and trying to get it to open up a business with him and get a cut of the shrine's profits.Fox: Yo [Funky Student], Charlie's getting a little too big for his britches. Thinks he can go into business by himself!
- Charlie wanting to immediately put his improved Expression to use by talking to Dojima after reading a book.Vinny as Charlie: DOJIMA! WAKE UP! I just learned what you're talking about with your dead wife!
- Funky Student riding on Fox as they secretly give Charlie dating advice during Chie's Rank 9 scene.
- Charlie talking to the fox and trying to get it to open up a business with him and get a cut of the shrine's profits.
- Part 76:
- Meeting Hisano.Vinny as Hisano: You look like my grandson. Let's get it on! Have you met Igor? He gave me this pearl necklace.
- Charlie gets Mitsuo's photo.Vinny: EWW!
- Joking about Chie adding more and more incriminating information to Mitsuo's backstory as they try to find him.
- Meeting Hisano.
- Part 77:
- After a battle:Yosuke: That's my true strength!
Vinny: Thanks for holding out on us!
- After a battle:
- Part 78:
- "YU-KI-KO'S PERSONA IS SEALED, VINNY-SENPAI."
- Legion:Vinny: I think we've gotten Legion before.
Jeff: No, you're thinking of a lesion, and you should really get that looked at.
- Part 79:
- Vinny decides to tag out Yosuke and Chie for Kanji and Teddie, which gives him and Jeff some good material.
- Finding Curse Paper, and thinking that it's just a piece of paper that Teddie wrote a bunch of curse words on.
- Vinny decides which direction to go:Vinny: [This path] looks long and dark. [The other path] looks turny.
He goes down the first path.
Jeff: [deadpan] What logic did you use to decide your path, here?
- Part 80:
- Kanji's request on the ema stone - To be on Vinny's team of regularly used party members.
[Charlie walks up to Kanji and then leaves the district]
- Later in the video, Jeff and Vinny see that Kanji's the only person in the shopping district who wants to hang out, so they look for someone else instead.
Kanji: Wha- hey! Hey! Aww...
- They do eventually decide to hang out with Kanji, and each line the two give him is hilarious.
- Getting the sixth ema from the fox, and theorizing what Yosuke does when you're not spending time with him.
- The two get annoyed with Charlie's inability to competently craft the despondent NPC's model and later pass by that NPC.Jeff: Hey, your model sucks! You're right to be despondent! All right, later.
- Yukiko's Rank 6:Jeff narrating: You ravaged Yukiko in the vegetable section.
Vinny: Yosuke's gonna be pissed.
Jeff as Yosuke: DUDE!
- The major premise of the episode is that Vinny wants Charlie to hang out with Chie for her Rank 10 scene, but she's not there or she wants to go into the TV. He and Jeff keep deciding that they're going to save the game and end the video after hanging out with Chie, extending the video's length.
- Complaining to the fox about how Chie won't social link with Charlie.
- Kanji's request on the ema stone - To be on Vinny's team of regularly used party members.
Parts 81- 100
- Part 81:
- The first episode since returning from E3 has Jeff and Vinny try to remember everything they learned about Persona 4 at the start: Nanako is a Metal Gear guard, and the Fox was a dream Vinny had. Also, the game takes place in Texas.
- Not hanging out with Kanji:Jeff: You made Kanji sad. Kanji's got it hard enough.
Vinny: Kanji needs to learn about disappointment.
- Hisano's Rank 1 scene.
- Charlie tries to look at Take-Mikazuchi's skills without the other characters knowing.
- Charlie getting killed by the Insta-Death Hama spell while the guys put the game on Auto-Fight. Cue absolute shock. The best part is, just one turn prior to that, Vinny made fun of the shadow for failing to pull it off.
- Vinny will later go on to repeat this same mistake during the True Final Boss.
- More Ghoul:"Guys I don't really like the strip club, they're just too pushy."
- Part 82:
- Fusing Ghoul. He gets the last laugh over Vinny and Jeff.Vinny: I can't believe we're giving up [Gdon], and keeping Ghoul.
- Jeff's increasing frustration with Rise.
- Vinny's increasing displeasure at not having any Chest Keys."Funky Student! Hook a brother up!"
- Fusing Ghoul. He gets the last laugh over Vinny and Jeff.
- Part 83:
- Something inside of Jeff has changed.
- Jeff tries to convince Vinny to go see the Mysterious Fox, but makes it sound like he's offering drugs.
- Jeff and Yukiko again:Yukiko: Did I level up?
Jeff: No. You didn't.
- Finding Fox on Level 4 of the dungeon.
- Part 84:
- Parvati is a depressed bridesmaid who met Fox at one of her friends' weddings.
- In a moment of boredom, Jeff sings along to the Velvet Room song.
- Part 86:
- Trying to determine what Yatagarasu's name would translate to, and deciding that Garu is Japanese for "Wind Spell".
- After spending the first seven or eight minutes fusing Personas, Vinny goes back into the dungeon and gets a game over in his very first battle.
Vinny: What happened to the part where someone would take a mortal blow for you?
- And then on take two, Vinny survives his first fight, only to get another game over to the same type of Shadow.
- Part 87:
- Finding a cold beer in Dojima's fridge:Jeff: Yes! Yes! Yeeeees!
Vinny narrating: Do you want to get punched in the kidney by Dojima?
- Later, when the beer is no longer in the fridge, they assume Nanako drank it"Hey Big Bro! Is your understanding high enough to understand that I'm tore up?"
- When the guys get to the Level 10 Social Link scene for Chie.
- Chie mentions that she doesn't know what her good qualities are and wants Charlie to help her find them. The game gives Vinny the option of telling Chie she's on her own.
Jeff: Whoa, bitch. This got a little intense, a little fast. I was just trying to have good times, hanging out in the TV, do whatever, and then you brought this whole heavy trip on it that's not really what I'm looking for, so...
- They "roleplay" the whole Rank 10 thing as a drug trip that culminates in Chie pretty much seeing stars and gaining a new Persona. "And then we really started tripping out."Chie: From me to you.
Jeff: Um...Herpes! A gift that keeps on giving.
Vinny as Charlie: YOUR BREASTS ARE WARM!
- This also starts the running gag of Charlie becoming far less eloquent while hugging girls.
Jeff: So your Social Link drained to zero.
Vinny as Chie: Uhh...Charlie? Is there something in your pocket?
Vinny as Charlie: I LOVE YOU!
Ryan: Were there awkward boners?
- Later, Jeff and Vinny tell Ryan all about their new girlfriend.
Vinny: I think so, cause she wasn't moving.
Ryan: I meant in the game, Jeff.
Jeff: Oh...then no.
- The Investigation Team gathers at the food court before going back into the TV.Vinny as Charlie: Everybody listen. Chie and I are going out. I don't want it to be a thing.
Vinny as Kanji: All right. What are you doing later, Teddie?
- Finding a cold beer in Dojima's fridge:
- Part 88:Ryan: Are you guys seriously having a hard time confusing babies?
Jeff: Confusing babies is hard, Ryan.
Jeff: The babies can Mind Slice.
Ryan: Well, fuck that.
- Part 89:
- Charlie tries to knock down the cop Shadows with Zio, but Yosuke keeps interrupting, asking to do his Follow-Up Attack.
- "Leave one baby alive. To tell the other babies, 'Yosuke's in town'."
- Jeff, Yukiko, and Rise again:
- Finding the Persona Pazuzu.
- Part 91:
- Jeff decides that if you fail to save the current victim, the game ends, the file autosaves over your save file, and then the console catches fire.
- Thinking that Daidara was a previous Persona user, and entered the Midnight Channel in the 70's, complete with a Funny Afro and a picture of himself with Teddie hanging in the metal works shop.
- Jeff and Vinny find Mitsuo talking to Shadow Mitsuo, which provides some funny lines, such as:Jeff: I'm not sure which one has the weirder eyes.
Vinny: So if he really is a jerk, does that mean his shadow will be nice?
- Vinny's idea for Mitsuo's punishment- make him eat the corpses of the murder victims. Or hanging him onto an antenna and then making him eat their corpses.
- More of their Kanji impressions, especially when he tries to sneak an alcoholic bottle into the omelette ingredients.
- The omelette scene, especially when Rise starts (fake) crying:Jeff: Oh great, the child star's flipping out again.
Vinny: This is all falling apart!
- Part 92:
- Yosuke crying at the riverbed during his Rank 8 scene.Vinny: Pull it together, the man with the fish is going to see us.
- Dinner:Adachi: You don't like sushi, Nanako-chan?
Vinny: She wants an omelette.
Jeff: She wants a beer.
- Their reaction to Adachi's portrait when Nanako asks for halibut sushi.
- Hisano's Rank 2 involves their interpretation of Hisano discussing different Death Metal bands and referring to her husband.Vinny as Hisano: [My husband] is over there in the water, dead.
Jeff as Hisano: I put him there!
- Yosuke crying at the riverbed during his Rank 8 scene.
- Part 93:
- Their Kanji impressions during the festival.
- At the summer festival, the group decides to split off in pairs and leaves it up to the guys to decide how they will split. Teddy declares that he will escort all of the girls.Rise: [disappointed] We let them decide and THIS is what we get?
Jeff: Yeah, sorry, Rise. We're not gonna run a train on you. Whore.
- Jeff and Vinny catch on that all of Charlie's friends are going to help Nanako with her homework, two by two, so they joke that instead of Kanji and Rise, all the boss Shadows will show up.Shadows: Hey we're here to help you with your homework, Nanako!
Kanji: I just came 'cause I thought you'd have booze.
- Yosuke's Rank 10:Yosuke: I want you to hit me!
Jeff: HELL YEAH!
Vinny as Charlie: You want me to use my wooden bat or just my knuckles?
- Their reactions to Susano-o.Jeff: So let me get this straight: your Persona's name is Susan?
- Jeff, Vinny, and Ryan discuss male platypus claw venom.
- Part 94:
- Yukiko's Rank 7.
- The Watermelon Party. The whole thing.
- More of their Kanji impressions at school.
- Part 96:
- Their reaction to the optional boss of Rise's dungeon, another baby-themed Shadow.
- Part 98:
- Their reactions to Hokuto Seikun.
- Finding Kanji randomly in the dungeon:Vinny as Kanji: Hey, uh, maybe you should keep going.
- Part 99:
- More of their Kanji and Dojima impressions.
- Part 100:
- Charlie tries to kill time on a rainy day.Jeff: What do we need for [Yumi]?
Vinny: Earplugs. Hoooo!
- Dojima's Rank 8 scene, and later his Rank 9 scene.
- Jeff and Vinny try to get Charlie out of listening to Chihiro's speeches and sabotage the schedules.
- The entire King's Game scene.Naoto: Are you a pack of imbeciles?!
Vinny: You got it. You are a detective!
- Teddie stops moving for a bit, worrying everyone.
- When offered the chance to buy a souvenir for Nanako, they buy the most unusual of the options: a lamp. They're surprised, however, to find she loves it.
- Naoto's televised interview:Announcer: Amazingly, the Detective Prince has solved a whopping 24 cases. 16 of them were-
Vinny: Committed by the Hamburglar.
- Charlie tries to kill time on a rainy day.
Parts 101- 120
- Part 101:
- Kanji's advice for finding police.
- Part 102:
- Their reaction to Yosuke's reaction to Chie's secret base.
- "Party A- form of.... Part A."
- Part 103:
- Their reactions to Rangda.
- Vinny's getting good at nailing dudes from behind.
- Part 104:
- Vinny casts Diarama on Charlie and opens a chest, which was a trap, so Jeff immediately tells him to cast Diarama again, sounding as though nothing happened.
- Jeff's reaction to the Mach Wheel.
- Part 105:
- Jeff and Vinny continue to make fun of Tentarafoo, but it starts working more often.
- Their reaction to the Wild Drive shadows.
- Charlie tries to cast Hamaon on a Chaos Fuzz, but it bounces back and thankfully misses Charlie. Jeff and Vinny's reactions say it all.
- Jeff and Vinny's reactions are even funnier when you realize that Charlie wasn't actually in danger — the persona they used to cast Hamaon, Throne, is immune to light. They had no idea they were doing things correctly.
- Part 106:
- Brad and Black Frost.
- Part 107:
- Their reaction to the Cyclops shadows.
- Some of Jeff's exaggerated reactions, like when Chie counters the giant robot, and then the (reverse) Temperance shuffle.
- Part 108:
- Charlie raising his Expression.
- All quips related to Respect for the Elderly Day.Vinny: Today's respect for old people day. You have the day off from school, to push old people around. Respect.
- Yukiko's Level 10 Social Link:"Now we can create 'Scat Hatch?!' WHAT?!"
- Part 109:
- There was their horrified reaction of accidentally rolling Abaddon◊.
- The Reveal that Naoto is actually a girl is treated by the guys with a "surprised"-sounding:"Noooooooo!"
- The best part is that they knew the truth from her very first spoken line.
- Chie's attack missing when Shadow Naoto is at very low health.
- A spiffy piece of Lampshading during Naoto's Freudian Excuse.Vinny: Girl never read Nancy Drew?
- They see Adachi drunk in the Dojima house and immediately know it will be a good scene.Jeff as Adachi: HEY! WELCOME BACK, BIG BRO!
- Part 110:
- Charlie's misadventures with the man who's afraid of cats.
- The guys finally decide to start Naoki's Social Link in September. This causes a problem since a student tells you Morooka has drafted you into the health committee. Even though Morooka has been dead for a few months. Their reactions make it even better.
- Nanako's Rank 7, where Jeff and Vinny have her go through a Villainous Breakdown, spouting off all kinds of threats and nonsense."What if I shoot Charlie, then will you pay attention to me? You're not real, I can cut you in half and you'll still live!"
- The end has them getting caught by Yukiko with Ai. The guys end up asking their co-workers what to do:Brad: Don't admit fault.
- Part 111:
- Dojima's Rank 10, with jokes about Chisato's severed head.
- This:Vinny: I can't wait for this to end in tears.
Jeff: No, this is the Rank 10, that means it doesn't! It'll end in tears in Nanako's next one, where all of this will be completely forgotten.
- Part 112:
- Hanging out with Kanji.Jeff: Very. Elaborate.
- Sayoko lampshades Charlie's Warrior Therapist tendencies:Sayoko: Do you think you're some kind of counselor now?
Jeff: Dude, have you been watching the last sixty hours?
- Sayoko's patient died, but Jeff and Vinny don't like the way she says it:Sayoko: He was just a little child. He always said he wanted to go to school... But it looks like he'll never get that chance.
Jeff: Yeah I guess it's looking that way. Looks like he'll never get that chance, I dunno, we'll see.
Vinny: Things could turn around!
- "THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU DID!"
- The way Jeff reads the teacher's line: "Ginkgo trees are stinky!"
- Hanging out with Kanji.
- Part 113:
- When Charlie habitually looks out his window while checking the Midnight Channel:Vinny as Charlie: Is that guy still naked, cooking spaghetti? He totally is!
- Teddie gets a check-up.Jeff: Teddie has eight stomachs.
Vinny: Teddie is pregnant. Isn't that weird?
- Their jokes during Nanako's guest appearance in Rise's Rank 7.
- Jokes about Kanji's animal crackers, Teddie taking karate lessons, and Yosuke hating Naoto's hat during the study session.
- During Nanako's Rank 10, they joke that Charlie completely defiles the Dojima family photo right as he gets it from Nanako.
- When Charlie habitually looks out his window while checking the Midnight Channel:
- Part 114:
Jeff: He's a tank-loving wizard.
- Jeff and Vinny meet Charlie's principal.Principal: What sort of collection [do I have] you may ask? ... Tanks.
Jeff: Great. We have an affinity for kicking tanks.
Vinny: He needs to stop hanging out in front of the girls' bathroom.
- Jeff guesses exactly what the contents of the letter for Charlie are, seconds before Charlie reads it. Then he and Vinny notice the author's lack of apostrophe.
- Wait until the situation changes.
- Jeff and Vinny meet Charlie's principal.
- Part 115:
- Vinny has no clue who the class representatives in Charlie's homeroom are, and treats the culture club activity vote like an award show.
- Charlie's relationship with Rise becomes intimate and they hug.Vinny as Rise: SENPAI YOUR KEYS ARE POKING ME!
Jeff as Charlie: Those aren't my keys...
- Charlie's options for helping Naoto investigate her mysterious letter are because he can't back out, because Naoto is a girl, or to simply say they should go home together.Vinny as Charlie: I gotta help because you're a stupid girl!
Jeff as Charlie: LET'S GO HOME TOGETHER.
- Jeff's reaction to Naoto's weapon.
- Vinny's reactions (respectively) to Yukiko, Chie, Rise, Naoto, and Hanako being in the beauty pageant.Vinny: (Yukiko Amagi) Eh, you lose. (Chie Satonaka) Winner. (Rise Kujikawa) Lose. (Naoto Shirogane) ... Creepy. (Hanako Ohtani) I don't know who you are.
- Part 116:
- Their reactions to Yosuke and Charlie being signed up for cross-dressing. There's also something a little funny about how they instantly decide that it was insensitive for the girls to sign Kanji up.Vinny: Damn you Chie!
Jeff: To the roof!
- Hanging out with Kou and Daisuke during the festival.
- Of course the cross-dressing pageant is funny, but their commentary over Teddie's part sticks out.
- Jeff and Vinny instantly declare Hanako (fat, puffy girl) the winner upon seeing her for the first time.
- Channeling some OTP:Teddie: Ms. Naoto, where are you ticklish?
Vinny as Naoto: Get bent.
- Kashiwagi and Hanako start crying to each other.Jeff: This is gonna get real hot real soon...
- Teddie and Grandpa Shirogane boiling their "eggs" in the hot springs.
- They end the episode with a cliffhanger of the guys' hotel room phone ringing.Ryan: Someone answer the phone.
- Their reactions to Yosuke and Charlie being signed up for cross-dressing. There's also something a little funny about how they instantly decide that it was insensitive for the girls to sign Kanji up.
- Part 117:
- The whole episode covers the stay at the Amagi Inn and their commentary, like the camping trip, makes the whole scene worth it.Kashiwagi: All right boys, I'm all yours. And not a word about this to anyone!
Jeff: FUCKING AWESOME!
- The whole episode covers the stay at the Amagi Inn and their commentary, like the camping trip, makes the whole scene worth it.
- Part 118:
- Charlie checking Nanako's forehead for a fever.
- Imitating Kanji breaking into Charlie's house while the latter's having a sad moment with Nanako.Vinny as Kanji: Hey who wants watermelo- Oh God.
- Toilet Humor:Nanako: I went shopping today, so the fridge is full of food!
Vinny as Nanako: Also I felt really sick, so I had to poop in the corner.
Jeff: [starts laughing]
- The guys make lunch for school the next day, including sushi rice. When they successfully pull it off, they improvise a scarily convincing infomercial off the top of their heads - and then do it again later in the episode for hamburgers!
- Getting the Metal Bat.
- Vinny's impression of Hisano (old lady Death) skinny dipping in the floodplain.Vinny as Hisano: I LOVE THIS. THIS MAKES ME FEEL... ALIVE.
- When Dojima catches Charlie with the letter, Vinny parodies the Twix commercials where someone eats the Twix to quickly get out of an awkward conversation.
- Dojima's interrogation techniques:Vinny as Dojima: I just shot your friend Kanji. Wanna talk now? Here's your phone, it's Chie.
Vinny as Chie: Charlie? I'm scared! Help!
- Figuring out who kidnapped Nanako:Naoto: Remember what Nanako said at the hot springs?
Vinny as Nanako: Don't touch me there!
Jeff: I do remember that.
- Part 119:
- Part 120:
- Kanji, voiced by Vinny, suggests that the team kills Nanako for being pathetic.
- Jeff suggests that the final boss (of either the game or Heaven) is the Fox and Tom Nook hiding behind a Dungeon Master sheet.
Parts 121- 140
- Part 123:
- Charlie comes home alone for the first time, without Nanako there to greet him.Vinny as Charlie: Yes! Now I can watch my shows! Law and Order marathon!"
- This:Vinny as Rise: Good luck. You'll need it!
Vinny as Charlie: What?
Vinny as Rise: Nothing.
* Part 124:
- Jeff figures that Charlie gets offended when Nanako's voice calls out to her parents for help in Heaven, but not to Big Bro, and decides to abandon her.
- As Vinny gets more interested in the storyline, he starts wanting to rush through Heaven and get to the top, which provides a good quip here or there from Jeff.
- Fusing:Vinny: Mother Harlot.
Jeff: What did you call me?
- Charlie comes home alone for the first time, without Nanako there to greet him.
- Part 125:
- Kanji possibly recognizing if Namatame is high.
- Jeff and Vinny struggle with choosing their words carefully to keep Namatame talking.
- Their reactions to Kunino-Sagiri.
- Part 126:
- When Charlie checks the fridge and it says that "it looks the same as ever", they start making fun of the depressing mood in Dojima's empty house.
- They joke that Kunino-Sagiri falls on Nanako and crushes her as it dies.
- The idea of Namatame joining the party:"I deliver pain to our enemies! My Persona is the Noid!"
- Nanako is saved, but won't wake up. Vinny suggests putting her back in the TV and not telling Dojima.
- Everyone is angsting in the hospital over their failures, but Vinny decides that Kanji still feels good about himself before trying to cheer everyone up by saying random swear words.
- Jeff and Vinny joke about the team making fun of Nanako for getting kidnapped, and that they should dress up as delivery men (like Namatame) when she wakes up.
- Part 127:
- Charlie trying to Social Link with Sayoko while the Dojimas are hospitalized.Jeff as Charlie: Hey nurse, you wanna see my snake lady?
Vinny as Nanako: I can hear you, Big Bro!
Vinny as Charlie: I wanna go home.
- Hanging out with Naoto, they joke that the two papers on the table in front of Naoto are her offering Charlie the different endings to the game."Do you want to see the bad ending? Do you not want to maybe see the bad ending?"
- Charlie working at the hospital again, and the bomb is casually dropped on him that the room he's cleaning is Nanako's after she died."Oh, were you related?"
- The "cliffhanger" at the end.
- Charlie trying to Social Link with Sayoko while the Dojimas are hospitalized.
- Part 128:
- Vinny jokingly asks if Charlie's really doing his friends any good, because they're all either hospitalized, risking their lives to stop a murderer, or angsting.
- Jeff: If you're trying to S-Link with a lot of people at once, nothing... quite does it like... a kiddy pool.
- Vinny tells Ryan that he's S-Linking with the Riddler, whom will then hug Charlie.
- Charlie's order from Tanaka arrives:Vinny as Charlie: Hey Nanako! Guess what came- oh...
- Vinny tries to get Ryan and Jeff to look up the answer to one of Naoto's riddles online, causing Jeff to come across creepy fanfiction. Another thing to note is that Vinny asked Ryan to search "minus 40 minus 4 naoto", which can now appear as an auto-fill result when typing that phrase on a search bar.
- Part 129:
- When Charlie checks the Midnight Channel after having saved Nanako, they conclude that the game's ending is one last chance to buy from Tanaka, followed by the other Investigation Team members barging into your room to jump up and down forever, so the player can take a picture and send it to Nintendo Power.
- They keep joking about the possibility of Nanako dying (which she does in the next video), and the player will have to kill her to stop the fog, tapping the circle button to smother her.
- The fog:Vinny: I heard, if you say Adachi's name in the fog three times-
Jeff: He shows up and tells you something he's not supposed to say!
- In general, Jeff and Vinny have no patience for the "poisonous fog" paranoia among the NPCs in the game, prompting a lot of hilarious quips and reactions to the whole thing.
- The Phantom Thief pulls out a knife.Jeff: YEEEAH!!
- Rise's Rank 10 scene.
- "I eat my cake with Jesus."
- Part 130:
- Exams provide some humorous lines.
- Their take on the Midnight Channel showing Inaba getting sucked into another dimension:Jeff: The Meat Dimension!
- They joke that Kanji suggests simply killing Namatame to make things easier. Then later this suggestion comes up in the game for real, and it's not played for laughs.
- The scene where the team tries to find a kotatsu gives Jeff and Vinny some issues with being expected to know what a kotatsu is and what goes along with it. Then there's Chie saying they should buy Nanako a Christmas present.
- They even manage to find some humor when Nanako dies, from shifting the blame between Vinny and Teddie, to making Batman noises, even this:Dojima: How's Nanako?!
Vinny: *sucks in air through his teeth* "Jeff, you want to field this one?"
- Jeff has to guide Vinny through the dialogue options to avoid the bad ending.Yosuke: Are you even getting at something here, or are you just stalling?!
Vinny: I'm just stalling.
- Maxing out the Fool Social Link gives Vinny the ability to make Jackie Mason Frost, the most foolish persona.
- They joke about how Teddie can revive Nanako: He opens his mouth and either fog or bees pour out.
- The scene with the doctor announcing Nanako's recovery is funny too.
- Officer Kanji
- Part 131:
- The scene in the Velvet Room.
- Discussing the warning letter:Yosuke: Whatever happened to that?
Vinny as Charlie: Ran out of TP, man!
Jeff as Charlie: No one was around to buy more.
- Vinny and Jeff's plan to sneak into Namatame's room has Kanji and Naoto disguise as a doctor.
- "WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO, BROTHER, WHEN DETECTIVE DOJIMA RUNS WILD ON YOU?"
- Jeff guesses that Adachi is actually the killer, since he's the only principal character who knows where Charlie lives and doesn't have a Social Link with him. Vinny's take on it:Vinny: What you're telling me, is that Young Detective needed to get Nanako out of the picture so that he could confess his true feelings to Dojima.
- Part 132:
- Rise lamenting that the killer was able to go around without drawing attention.Jeff: Well it's not like he ran around with a knife...
- Jeff and Vinny finally have no choice but to sit down and solve the case for themselves along with Charlie. This scene provides for some good lines:Jeff: It's Chie, she did it all for the steak!
- Vinny worries about the idea of telling the others that Adachi is the killer.Vinny: If I say this, then I'm afraid Kanji is just gonna run straight out and kill him...
- Rise lamenting that the killer was able to go around without drawing attention.
- Part 133:
- Dojima tells Charlie about how the Tunoku/Dojima families have always been able to enter televisions.
- Part 134:
- Charlie once again ends up in the Velvet Room, this time together with Teddie. Vinny and Jeff have a field day.Igor: Hmm... It seems the words in your memory weren't the only things you summoned here.
Vinny as Igor: Do it again, and I'll plant my foot so far up your ass, you will by fusing my shoelaces.
Both as Igor: While you were talking to Teddie, Margaret and I...wrote these def rhymes.
- Followed immediately by Igor's sick beats.
Jeff as Igor: [rapping] The water's strength / Has moved a single stone / That has stopped / Returning it once again / Into the flow—
Jeff: Hit X.
Jeff as Igor: Chuckle / Very interesting
Vinny as Igor: Margaret, keep the beat going.
Jeff as Margaret: [starts beatboxing]
- Charlie once again ends up in the Velvet Room, this time together with Teddie. Vinny and Jeff have a field day.
- Part 135:
- The Judgement link goes up after the skit where Chie accidentally gives the girls the impression that Yosuke peed his pants. This leads to a lampshading about how frequently this Social Link levels up.Vinny: Really, all we gotta do is make poop and pee jokes and we go up?
Jeff: Yep. Stand in front of the TV and shout, 'Adachi', stand in the television world and shout, 'poo-poo-pee-pee'..." This is how you find the truth, this is where the truth comes from!
- The scene where they face Adachi, The True Killer and "Creepy Raper Guy".
- The Judgement link goes up after the skit where Chie accidentally gives the girls the impression that Yosuke peed his pants. This leads to a lampshading about how frequently this Social Link levels up.
- Part 136:
- The apocalypse is an earthquake, wrapped in a tsunami, with bacon.
- Part 139:
- Their reactions to the other man present during Naoto's Social Link.
- Spending time with Funky Student.
Parts 141- 155
- Part 141:
- Jeff and Vinny explore Magatsu Inaba for the first time. The discussion somehow turns to a documentary about pimps called "Pimps Up, Hos Down."
- Pondering the dungeon's name.Vinny: I wonder what 'magatsu' means.
- When trying to bait one Shadow into turning around for a sneak attack, another Shadow catches Charlie in the back from offscreen, catching Jeff and Vinny off guard.
- Part 142:
- "VINNY I'M PREGNANT."
- They find Nanako's heartwarming gift for Charlie, and then realize that it's the same thing as what he already has equipped.Vinny: Stupid kid!
Jeff: No wonder you're in the hospital! You have stupid-itis!
- The bit with Tanaka.
- The scene in Daidara's shop soon after.
- The faux transformation sequence when summoning Trumpeter.Jeff: [completely deadpan] And I'll form the head...
- Part 143:
- "Have you been living in a TV for the last five years? If so, call right now."
- Part 144:
- Theology of Steak
- A series of events basically results in all the enemies killing themselves, much to Jeff and Vinny's glee.
- Part 145:
- Vinny finally fuses Black Frost into a different Persona, and the Ghoul voice (since Ghoul went into making Black Frost) makes one last appearance:Vinny: BYE, BLACK FROST! I LOVE YOU!
Jeff as Black Frost: You guys are hoes! Hoooooooes!
- Chie learns the spell God's Hand, something that had been used against them by shadows in the past and had done a lot of damage. Vinny and Jeff get pumped up about it, debating during the first fight after she gets the spell whether to buff it to max or not before using it. They fire it off by unbuffed, but it crits and one-shots the enemy. Cue maniacal laughter from Vinny and Jeff.
- A short while later, they try to use it buffed...and do 2000 damage in one hit. Cue another round of maniacal laughter.
- It turns on them not long after getting it. They use it on an enemy only to discover it Repels Physical. The framerate drops just to let them know that that was a hilariously bad idea.
- Ryan Davis stealing things from Jeff's desk while they're busy working through the dungeon.Jeff: Put my video camera down...Stop filming yourself messing with my desk!
Vinny: Are we going to put this picture-in-picture?
- Jeff and Ryan discuss a Beatles version of Persona 4, much like the Beatles version of Rock Band.
- More odd names for monster drops:Jeff: Unthinkable Metal!
Vinny: Ahh, I just thought about it.
- Vinny finally fuses Black Frost into a different Persona, and the Ghoul voice (since Ghoul went into making Black Frost) makes one last appearance:
- Part 146:
- Charlie wastes money after being inflicted with confusion.Vinny: You son of a bitch.
- Charlie wastes money after being inflicted with confusion.
- Part 147:
- Charlie and Kanji psych themselves up to take down the true killer:Kanji: He'll learn what it means to deal with us! The hard way! The Kanji way!
Jeff: [sultry tough guy voice] The hard way. The Kanji way.
Vinny: [laughs] I wonder what his easy - what's the easy way?
Jeff: [same voice] The Rise way.
- They max out Naoto's social link and are now able to fuse Norn, and Vinny lampshades the lack of Fortune personas in the game."Norn. The other fortune persona."
- Charlie and Kanji psych themselves up to take down the true killer:
- Part 148:
- The very beginning.Vinny: Good morning, Jeff.
Jeff: Hello, senpai.
- The very beginning.
- Part 149:
- During Ameno-sagiri's Motive Rant:Vinny: Teddie, run back to the save point.
Jeff: Go find Fox.
- Commentary during the animated cutscene.
- The fight with Ameno-sagiri isn't too funny, but Vinny had a few memorable lines."I'm gonna pimp slap him with my God Hand."
"When you back a giant eyeball into a corner, you never know what might happen."
- During Ameno-sagiri's Motive Rant:
- Part 150:
- Their reaction to the "woohoo", as well as the Persona they can now fuse: Lucifer.
- Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are full of good lines, much like the other Breather Episodes in the game, especially Teddie's gift for Nanako.
- The game skips ahead to Charlie's penultimate day in Inaba, and Vinny jokes about who could be knocking on Dojima's door.Vinny as Adachi: I'm back... bitches!
Jeff: Oh geez!
- Saying goodbye to the Dojimas:Dojima: I'm surprised my sister's kid would turn out to be such an upstanding young man.
Jeff as Dojima: 'Cause she's such a fucking whore, right? What a mess!
- Followed by their reactions to Nanako's request to marry Charlie.
- Theories on Igor being the true mastermind.
- Part 151:
- Jeff and Vinny pretend at the beginning, that Charlie is just trying to get that job at Moel he was offered at the beginning.
- Vinny tries wasting time at the capsule machines and eating the Mega Beef Bowl, though the game won't allow it.Jeff: [parody narration] It looks like the Aiya is currently on fire.
- The end of this episode (specifically, the encounter with the Silent Nyogo and Pure Papillon) had this troper laughing to the point of tears."JESUS CHRIST-! What did you do?! My tree homies!"
- Part 152:
- Discussing Glitter and how it came out on September eleventh.
- Jeff's growing excitement and Vinny's growing discomfort at the prospect of summoning Satan as a Persona.
- Part 153:
- When they finally summon Satan.Jeff: Ryan, we're gonna summon Satan!
Ryan: Have fun, kids!
- RIPPER HORSE
- Dave's reaction to the Satan Persona, followed by telling Vinny to stop showing him Charlie's Personas and just finish the game already.Dave: It's actually Say-tawn, the hockey player.
Jeff: So that's why he's weak to wind!
- When they finally summon Satan.
- Part 154:
- They confront Izanami for all of her crimes, including crimes committed as a gas station attendant:Naoto: You granted certain individuals the power to enter the TVs. You created the Midnight Channel as well.
Vinny as Naoto: And you gave me unleaded when I asked for leaded!
- Vinny accidentally activating the auto-battling.
- Vinny thinks that during the last battle, the inactive party members should shout words of encouragement or other generic, hopeful sentiments.Vinny as Kanji: I'm never gonna get bent!
- They confront Izanami for all of her crimes, including crimes committed as a gas station attendant:
- Part 155:
- The scene with Charlie's friends giving him the power to beat Izanami provides good material for Jeff and Vinny.
- Vinny considers messing around by guarding and auto-battling instead of casting the final spell on Izanami.
- The final Velvet Room scene.
- Jeff's reaction to the beautiful scenery after Izanami is gone."Eh."
- The train station scene, especially the animated part.
- After a long, heartfelt goodbye between Charlie and all of the main cast, Charlie gets on the train to return home. Vinny and Jeff imagine he calls a friend from back home:Vinny: Yo, this town sucks!
Jeff: I totally won our bet, dude. I didn't talk for a whole year. You owe me.
Vinny: He totally thought I was his nephew, totally!
- After constantly checking back during the last dungeon, Jeff and Vinny reload their completed data to find that they're exactly one minute short of having played for 100 hours even.
- Trying to figure out how to solve the problem Kou has with his family.Vinny whispering: Just take this gun.
- Jeff and Vinny keep referring to a box of Cheezits on the Dojimas' kitchen table.