- While calling Celestia out on her tendencies, Twilight has a few moments:
"You might as well just let us keep the Elements with us all the time; at least wed stand a fighting chance when whatever Sealed Evil in a Can due to escape this week shows up and tries to eat us."
- How does she call the spell of the Elements of Harmony? Orbital Friendship Beam.
- This Lampshade Hanging on how often Twilight and friends have to deal with ancient threats:
"Guards. Soldiers. You know big, burly, covered in armor, all over the place, spend all their time flexing their muscles at the noblewomen, supposed to protect Equestria from its enemies..."
- Twilight's sarcasm (here shown when she asks for military support):
- Celestia doesn't like her apprentice's sarcasm in making support requests. Luna, however, eats it up and prods her to ask more.
- According to Twilight, Pinkie Pie is "fifty percent cake by body weight".
- The entire fight with Sombra, thanks to having a proper army backing the Mane Six up along with the Elements, lasted all of 40 seconds. They trap him inside a jar and the chapter opens with Cadance poking it.
- The Imagine Spot of the Changelings invading the Crystal Empire and getting their claws on the Crystal Heart starts as Nightmare Fuel... Then we gets this:At the center of this seething mass was Queen Chrysalis herself, clinging to the Crystal Heart with all four limbs and gnawing on it like a madmare. MINE MINE MINE MINE, ITS ALL MINE ALL THE NUMMY GOODNESS IN IT IS MINE DO YOU HEAR MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE ALL MINE!
- One of Celestia's disguise spells involves a fake mustache and overalls. The narration says she looks like she belongs in a barbershop quartet.
- Also, an author note pointing out how it said more about the Royal Sisters than the reader could imagine.
- The handlebar moustache part comes when Celestia arrives to Ponyville incognito. It starts by saying her arrival was an unusual event and then pointing out that, the place being Ponyville, " nopony was even sure what qualified as unusual anymore", and in fact what made everything unusual was its subtlety.
- The point of the disguise (and both sisters having a closet full of strange odds and ends of clothing set aside for assembling strange outfits)? Combining it with the "Not My Problem Spell", whose effect is: the stranger you look, the lesser will be the number of people willing to bother with you, as you'll be too bothersome for it. Still, there's a downside to this spell: if you look too strange, you'll become invisible, resulting in one of the sisters nearly getting run over by a carriage because she was wearing a complete polka-dotted clown suit.
- And the worthy crowner to the whole thing: Spike can see right through it and realize what Celestia is doing. Guess that knowing what Celestia can do helps...
- We see what happens where Pinkie used to be whenever she pops out of an impossible place. "I just felt like shouting into the void."
- Though Applejack getting chewed out by the CMC for her ignorance was sad and well-deserved, you have to admit Pinkie suddenly appearing out of nowhere and yelling "NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!" was hilarious.
- Once upon a time, Celestia threw a Fabergé egg at Twilight to test her ability to react quickly. Turns out, the Princess believed it was a cheap imitation and she did that as a prank, and got four heart attacks when she realized what it was.
- Pinkie Pie was under the impression that Celestia secretly planned to turn Twilight into a hippocampus so she could be the Queen of the Seaponies.
- The Bet at the end. Twilight and Celestia are made aware that all of Ponyville was involved in speculation about their relationship and its aftermath, and that out of all the outcomes: it was Big Macintosh and Applebloom that ended up winning the bet.Twilight's eye twitched. She waved a hoof in melodramatic defeat. "Princess Celestia, allow me to introduce my friends." She faceplanted in a cushion.
Funny / Parting Words