- The introductions of Merritt McKinney and Jack Wilder.
Merritt: Now, you just hang out there, wriggle a sec; I'm gonna take a little peek under the hood of your hubby's brain. Now, I'm picturing, don't tell me... Beach, cocktails... Florida?
- Merritt is in a New Orleans restaurant hypnotizing a woman and her husband. He then exposes secrets about the husband:
Man: Look, it was a business trip.
Merritt: Well, I mean, it is a kind of business, maybe the oldest business.
Man: ...Uh, you know what, Honey Bee, let's
Merritt: She can't move, Mack. You're thinking of a woman's name. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, J? Jean, Jane, Janet Who's Janet?
Merritt: [looks at the wife] You know Janet?
Woman: [still hypnotized so she can't speak] Mm-hmm!
Merritt: It's not your best friend, is it?
Merritt: Your sister? Her sister? Oh, my God, you weren't away "on business"! You were away on Janet! Your wife's sister! [The wife tries to hit her husband. Merritt moves the husband a few feet away] Okay, now she's gonna get upset, so let's move over here. You want this to go away?
Merritt: Okay, pull out your wallet. Come on, get it out. [Mack pulls out his wallet]
Mack: You shake down everyone like this?
Merritt: No, only the special few. What is this, two hundred seem fair? You know what, this is a big deal, let's go $250.
Mack: You're a stick-up artist!
Merritt: Yeah. Of course. [shamelessly grins] Okay! Aaannnd, sleep! [He snaps his fingers, and the woman slumps over standing] Now when I snap my fingers, you won't remember any of this. And you, Warren Beatty, every time you see or even think of Janet, you're gonna picture me [pops Mack on the forehead] naked! And that's not a pretty sight.
Mack: [glances down nervously] Yeah.
- Just to cap off that scene, you can hear the husband informing his wife, with as much casualness as he can muster, that he needs to stop at the ATM next. And very definitely not telling her why.
- Jack offers to pay someone $100 if they can figure out his trick - which he does, by paying the sleuth using the sleuth's own wallet.
- And he times it perfectly so as to step off the ferry just as it's setting out, ensuring nobody can pursue him for stealing the guy's wallet. And wristwatch.
- As the Four Horsemen flee from their performance in New Orleans, we get the brick joke:Dylan: FREEZE!Hypnotized woman: QUARTERBACK!![Hypnotized individuals rush the stage and tackle Dylan]
- Thaddeus Bradley's intro: he is holding his phone up and taking pictures of the Four Horsemen's first act when an attendant shows up and tells him that no video recording is allowed during the show and confiscates the phone. As the attendant is walking away, both Bradley and his assistant shift and chuckle to each other as we see they have been filming with handheld video cameras for the entire event.
- Why was Bradley holding up his phone? So that it would be noticed, and taken - and the attendant's attention would be misdirected.
- "I'M TRACKING MYSELF!"
- Merritt revealing that one of the other FBI agents is a crossdresser.Merritt: (Facing the one-way window of the interrogation room) No shame, Agent Fuller! (snaps his finger while making a feminine pouting face) No shame...
- The entire interrogation scene: Henley is making the chair opposite her spin by itself, Jack is so relaxed he's actually sleeping, Merritt turns the tables on the detectives by asking them if this is their first date, and Daniel pulls his "be the smartest guy in the room" shtick.
- At the end, the Horsemen's reactions to realizing Dylan is a member of The Eye.
- Their individual reactions are hilarious: Henley is speechless- which Daniel claims has never happened, Jack apologises for kicking Dylan's ass, Merritt claims that he has always been a believer... in the amount of energy he has spent keeping "these infidels on point", and from Daniel we get this beautiful exchange:Daniel: When I said always be the smartest guy in the room-Dylan: We were in agreement.
- Their individual reactions are hilarious: Henley is speechless- which Daniel claims has never happened, Jack apologises for kicking Dylan's ass, Merritt claims that he has always been a believer... in the amount of energy he has spent keeping "these infidels on point", and from Daniel we get this beautiful exchange:
- Henley and Daniel's argument in the beginning.Henley: You called me fat.Daniel: Once!
Funny / Now You See Me