- Natsumi mentions that no one is stupid enough to fall through the floor. As she says this, it slow pans out revealing that Suguru has fell through the hole.
- When Hikage returns home from Tokyo for the first time, she talks big about being in a big city, especially focusing on the bullet train she rode on. When she learns Hotaru originally lived in Tokyo, she asks if Hotaru arrived on a bullet train. Hotaru answers in the negative, and Hikage thinks she's got the upper hand... and then Hotaru says she arrived by airplane instead. Everyone else in the room is immediately enthralled by the revelation, and they all run off to another room to ask Hotaru all about her plane experience, leaving Hikage to tell an uninterested Kazuho about her bullet train experience.
- Komari being mistaken for a lost child in episode 5.
- Hotaru, Komari, and Renge all play house, with Komari as the dad, Hotaru as the mom... and Renge as a flying fish. Komari and Hotaru play normally, while Renge pretends to flop and choke from a lack of water.
- During the test of courage event, in which Komari got assigned to be the scarer. While she was trying to set up the scare, Suguru comes along to take his test. Komari could hear his footsteps but, due to his lack of presence, failed to notice him until he left. She later discovered his coin and panicked because she thought it had been a real ghost. When Natsumi finally comes along, Komari had gotten herself entangled in the Bedsheet Ghost costume and was frantically waving around the shrine's bell to get rid of evil spirits.
- Renge and Komari getting locked in a rabbit cage by the escaped rabbit they were trying to trap.
- The excuse for a school festival. The highlight of the event was Renge forcing Komari, in a tanuki costume, to do a skit which involved drumming on her belly.
- Natsumi, Komari and Konomi making a voodoo doll out of a persimmon they were drying, and Hotaru receiving "him" as a gift.
- In episode 11, the girls quietly placing their Heavy Sleeper teacher into the sleeping bag, upside-down with her feet sticking out, so that they could have the futons.
- Komari and Natsumi's reaction to Hotaru's midnight solitary frolic in the snow. They came to the conclusion she was trying to contact aliens.
- Natsumi's revelation, after "teaching" the rest to ski, that she had never been skiing before and was just repeating things she'd picked up on TV. Her information was basically accurate though.
- Renge attempts to get Kazuho to properly motivate others, but it doesn't go well, and Kazuho puts on a sleeping mask and crashes. Deciding that motivating others is up to her, Renge leads Kazuho outside, where Hotaru, Komari, and Natsumi just arrived for a study session, and were talking about how Natsumi needs to work harder. Upon seeing Kazuho blindly stumble around, Natsumi declares that she'll work harder.
- While Hotaru and Natsumi are helping with school cleanup, Natsumi strikes up a conversation by mentioning an old anime. Unfortunately for her, Hotaru happens to be a big fan, and Natsumi finds herself in over her head when Hotaru mentions things that Natsumi has no idea about. Natsumi's situation becomes even more desperate as her every attempt to switch topics has Hotaru becoming even more enthusiastic about the anime, and eventually reaches a point where Hotaru calls Natsumi out some contradictions, and Natsumi meekly admits she only knew of the name.
- Natsumi and Hikage's attempts to remedy their predicament of eating some dumplings meant for a moon viewing that night. Hikage tries to kill the mood of everyone else, but ends up making them even more excited instead. Natsumi's attempt to make more dumplings fails, so they go to apologize instead, but an inconvinent appearance by Kaede has Natsumi abort that plan. In the end, Natsumi lets the truth slip out, and they end up having to make mochi as a replacement.
- Konomi messes with Renge a little bit, making Renge believe that she's a regenerating monster through the old detached thumb trick. Later, when meeting with Natsumi and Komari, Konomi recounts the events, leading to the sisters doing the trick too... and leaving Renge utterly terrified.
- Hikage's attempts to peek at Renge's New Year's card drawing culminates with Hikage grabbing Renge to force her way through. Unfortunately for Hikage, Renge gets the upper hand, sends her to the floor, and then breaks out Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs on Hikage in retaliation. The anime makes the moment even funnier by backing the whole fight with dramatic music.
Funny / Non Non Biyori