- The intro to "Territorial Pissings" from Nevermind:C'mon, people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another RIIIIGHT NAEOOOW!
- At a show in Newcastle:Kurt: Hi, my name is Kurt Cobain. I'm homosexual, I'm a pagan, I'm a drug abuser, and I like to fuck pot-bellied pigs!
- The video for "In Bloom".
- While the infamous VMA concert is in-between awkward and funny (they start playing "Rape Me" before going to "Lithium", Krist throws his bass up and gets hit by it in the head), Dave yelling "HI AXL!" is hilarious.
- For that matter, Axl's conflict with Kurt and Courtney was pretty funny as well. Seeing him walking by, Courtney asked Axl if he'd be the godfather to their child. Axl Rose was not pleased, and he strode up to Kurt, telling him to "shut his bitch up." Kurt turned to Courtney, jokingly saying, "Shut up, bitch!" Axl was not amused.
- It gets better: before Nirvana took the stage, Kurt noticed Axl Rose's piano for Guns N Roses' performance of "November Rain." Wanting to get back at Axl, Kurt spat a bunch of loogies all over the keys. Later on GNR finally took the stage...and Kurt realized he spat all Elton John's piano, who was performing a duet with GNR. Whoops.
- The song "Sliver" from Incesticide as a whole.
- The crowd at their first show requests "Heartbreaker". Kurt's response?:
- From the MTV Unplugged in New York show, when guests Meat Puppets are a little slow tuning up:Kurt: What are they tuning? A harp? I thought we were a big, rich rock band, we should have a whole bunch of extra guitars.
- Kurt's reaction to being asked to lip-synch on Top of the Pops? Singing the whole of 'Teen Spirit' in a ridiculous Ian Curtis/Morrissey croon while miming playing his guitar with a completely flat hand and a gormless grin on his face?
- From an early Nirvana show when Kurt's guitar breaks down for a minute playing "Scoff", Krist takes over on vocals: "Yeaaahhhhh AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
- Kurt's take on Sweet Home Alabama.
- Backstage, Dave gets drunk. Hilarity ensues.
- During a 1992 concert in Beunos Aires, the crowd had been incredibly mean to the opening band Calamity Jane. This pissed off Kurt Cobain, who felt the crowd was being sexist because said openers were an all-female rock band. His bandmates talked him out of walking away and not playing the concert. What did they do instead? They played all their lesser known songs and played bad intentionally to punish the fans along with playing their Hidden Track from Nevermind. When they did play a couple of "hits", they did things like replacing the entire first verse of "Come As You Are" with the word "hey". Also, they played the intro to Smells Like Teen Spirit twice, only to quickly cut to another song on both occasions. The crowd did not seem to catch on to what the band was doing at all.
- At one point during the show, they play "Polly" with Dave Grohl sitting behind a child-sized toy drum kit - this might not have been intended as part of the trolling, as they had the toy backstage to begin with for some reason. Subsequently though, Kurt leaves the stage for a few minutes, leaving Dave and Krist to perform a repetitive, comically drawn out jam on bass and toy drums... Which the crowd still applauds.Kurt: Mr. Dave Grohl! Do a drum solo, this is our encore...(Dave stands up, haphazardly plays the toy drum set for a few seconds, and promptly knocks the whole thing over)Dave: Sorry, I'm not much of a drummer...
- At one point during the show, they play "Polly" with Dave Grohl sitting behind a child-sized toy drum kit - this might not have been intended as part of the trolling, as they had the toy backstage to begin with for some reason. Subsequently though, Kurt leaves the stage for a few minutes, leaving Dave and Krist to perform a repetitive, comically drawn out jam on bass and toy drums... Which the crowd still applauds.
- Bobcat Goldthwait was the opening act on one of their tours, and the band happened to be performing in Chicago just as Michael Jordan was retiring from basketball due to his father's murder. Before the show, Bobcat said sarcastically to Kurt "For $50 million contract, I'd shoot my own dad in the head." He then walked onstage and said that exact line to the audience as his first joke. Needless to say, they weren't happy and Bobcat had to be escorted out of the venue before a riot started. As he passed Kurt (who was the only one laughing by this point), he whispered to him "I can't believe you said that."
Funny / Nirvana