Spike can talk?!?!?
- Human Twilight's String Theory board has a Taco Tuesday poster added to it from Rainbow Rocks.
- While discussing about the mysterious figure snooping around the statue and declaring that it was a Crystal Prep student and not another magical creature bent on world domination, Rarity mentions not being interested in fighting evil since the wear and tear on her wardrobe is too much to keep up with.
- The increasingly comical reactions of the defeated CHS students in the yearbook photos Rainbow Dash shows the rest of the girls.
- Principal Celestia announces the Friendship Games to Canterlot High. The student's reactions? They cheer... with Flat Joy. Even better is how Celestia and Luna look annoyed and displeased with the lack of reception. Their reactions are quite unusual compared with their pony counterparts, who rarely break composure.
- Flash and Pinkie heckling Celestia and Rainbow Dash, respectively.
Flash Sentry: You mean other than us losing?!
Pinkie Pie: Unless it's a "losing to Crystal Prep" competition! 'Cause we're reeeally good at that!
- Twilight valiantly fails to meet Indigo Zap's expectations for getting pumped in the Friendship Games.
ARE WE GONNA WIN?!?! Twilight:
I... I don't know. Indigo Zap:
Wrong answer!! Try again! ARE. WE GONNA. WIN?!?! Twilight:
Um... I guess? I-It's just... I mean... I heard that CHS is doing well now. With their reputation. And, I mean, it's not better than ours, of course. But we can't let them do it, you know? Win, I mean? Right? [everyone on the bus stares at Twilight; Indigo Zap silently mouths the word "Huh...?"]
- Twilight sits down next to Sugarcoat after the above bit, leading to her Establishing Character Moment
Hi, Sugarcoat! Sugarcoat:
(speaking in Motor Mouth
) That was a really bad speech. You should consider not speaking in public.
- Lemon Zest tries to be nice to Twilight... by sharing her headphones with her, which are blaring rock music very, very loudly. Poor Twilight cringes and squeaks as the headphones clamp on her head.
- Twilight crashing into Flash Sentry... again (although technically, it isn't the same Twilight). It's hilarious because of how overdone the gag already was from the previous movies; now it veers into Overused Running Gag.
- After Flash Sentry's... debated reception in the first two movies, it's pretty amusing that he literally only shows up here so Human Twilight can ignore him. Twice. And the first time it happens, Derpy Hooves shows up to give Flash a reassuring pat on the back.
- When the CHS students meet human Twilight for the first time, they mistake her for Equestria's Twilight and are at a total loss for what to make of her strange behavior and appearance — except Pinkie Pie.
- For that matter, human Twilight is clearly at a loss to explain how everyone at CHS - including the principal - knows her name and why they're being friendly towards her.
- Rarity preparing dozens of outfits for the Games, to the point where she has motocross outfits despite the fact that she didn't know it was an event. The best thing about it is the fact the outfits range from the reasonable (Hockey Goalie outfit, Soccer uniform, Motocross suits) to the... weird (police uniform, pirate costume, wizard robe). Pinkie can be seen wearing the last two during some shots, before she settles for the Cowgirl costume. And then Twilight enters the room, and for a moment seems pretty weirded out by the scene of five girls wearing ridiculous costumes (and Rarity sitting on the ground).
- Rarity's multi-part scoff after Applejack says she's going to exhaust herself with all the clothes-making.
- Pinkie's reaction to meeting Human Twilight:
Human Twilight: Hi, I'm Twilight.
Pinkie Pie: I know. You look just like my friend, her name is Twilight, too!
- When Twilight explains to Pinkie what her device is. Pinkie Pie keeps the exact same smiling expression during Twilight's Techno Babble.
- Pinkie finally got some party cannons. Human Twilight questions the wisdom of such a thing, but naturally Pinkie goes ahead.
- Flash and Sweetie Drops' entry for the cake baking event — a loaf of bread with sprinkles on top. Their sheepish expressions sell it.
- Pinkie Pie somehow baking the famous Mona Lisa into her cake. The reaction from the principals says it all.
- After Spike gets zapped by Fluttershy's magic, Twilight asks if he's OK. Spike responds, "Um, I think so". Twilight smiles in relief... and then both start screaming.
- The image of Twilight fleeing in fright from Spike, a puppy. And when Spike questions what's wrong...
Human Twilight: Um, oh, I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with the glowing girl, or the hole in space, or my talking dog!
Spike: Yeah, weird, huh?
- In the scene right before they see the field for the Games, Pinkie's eyes just start randomly drifting apart while Rainbow is talking.
- Sunset Shimmer doesn't understand the big deal about the Friendship Games, it's not like it's defeating evil magic! There is just something funny about how put off the magical unicorn is by a human high school's competitiveness, especially after how she acted in the first movie....
Sunset Shimmer: (on seeing the soccer field has been converted into a motocross track) Am I the only one who thinks this is overkill?
- Rarity's somewhat crazed "OF COURSE!" after being asked whether she has made motocross outfits.
- Twilight tries to jump over a hay bale, only to not jump high enough, trip over it, and do a Face Plant. Then she tries to swing from a rope, not quite making it to the other side, and ends getting stuck. The amount of fail makes Sour Sweet practically tear her own face off.
- Pinkie goofing around during the speed skating race while Sunny Flare and Lemon Zest can only watch helplessly at the starting line.
- After Twilight finally hits the bullseye, Spike goes and congratulates her... In front of Sour Sweet, who looks quite surprised by the fact, and proceeds to slink away.
- When Rainbow Dash ponies up during the motocross, Cinch shoots a glare at Celestia, who just smiles and shrugs.
- As a couple of Freeze-Frame Bonuses, when Midnight Sparkle opens the dimensional rifts to Equestria, you can see some ponies (namely Sprinkle Medley and another male pegasus flying over Rainbow Falls, and Shoeshine outside Ponyville) looking completely shocked to see that there is another world inhabited by weird-looking creatures who walk on two legs and have squiggly things at the ends of their front hooves.
- During the big battle, when Rarity is trying to save a couple of students who fell into a portal, and is being dragged behind them, Rainbow tells her to "hang on." Rarity responds with an annoyed "Obviously!"
- Sugarcoat summing up the climax of the movie, in her usual blunt and deadpan manner, while calling out Ms. Cinch:
Sugarcoat: At least they didn't manipulate Twilight into releasing all the stolen magic and turning into a power-crazed magical creature that tried to rip the world apart just to win a game.
Pinkie Pie: Wow, that's a lot to take in when you say it all at once like that.
- Pretty much any of Sour Sweet's Mood Whiplash-y comments are funny on their own, but the clincher has to be her "confession" near the end of the film:
Sour Sweet: Actually, we're all to blame. [glares daggers at Principal Cinch] Mostly it was her.
- Celestia, Luna, Cadance and Spike weaponizing the Cassandra Truth against Cinch, since no-one will take Cinch seriously if she spews stories to the school board about pony-human hybrids, portals to other dimensions, and Talking Dogs.
Cinch: Obviously my students have been infected with your magic. But I plan on taking all of this up with the school board!
Celestia: Good. I'm sure they will be very interested in hearing all about the magical students with wings.
Luna: Oh, and the portals to different dimensions.
Cadance: And don't forget to tell them about the talking dog.
Spike: Because that would never ruin your reputation.
- Some of the photos in the credits are extremely giggleworthy, most of them of the adults.
- Luna jamming to some music, while Celestia looks on with a smile. Even funnier when one remembers the way Princess Luna partied at Princess Cadance and Shining Armor's wedding.
- The dumbfounded reactions of the Shadowbolts to Cadance and Luna laughing it up together.
- Celestia, Luna, and Cadance caught in the middle of chowing down on the cake Pinkie and Fluttershy made in the competition.
- Lemon Zest and a Crystal Prep student dancing in Pinkie's party. It looks hilariously awkward.
- Snips and Snails about to wake up Lyra and Sweetie Drops with a paper bag when the two are sleeping at a table in the library.
- Before things loosen up at the party, Wiz Kid selfies a "Yikes!" expression at the arrival of the extremely dour-looking Crystal Prep students.
- In the Wondercolts group photo, Bon Bon looks like she is just about to sneeze.
- One of the pictures has Cranky Doodle Donkey's human counterpart surrounded by smiling students, including a girl actually hugging him... and he's as grumpy as always.
- The Stinger. Equestria's Twilight hops through the portal, explaining that she was caught in a time loop, and then sees human-world Twilight, who gives a sheepish little wave. Even better, Twilight originally says that the time loop was the strangest thing that's ever happened to her... until she sees her counterpart.
Twilight: [while pointing at human Twilight] Make that the second strangest.
- In one of the deleted scenes, Equestria's Twilight tries to pay her café bill with Equestrian bits.
- In the deleted alternate ending, Pinkie ponies up and starts floating away — so Applejack uses a lasso to stop her. Pinkie Pie is now a balloon!
Given its nature, the whole
short (or at least, most of it) qualifies. The highlights include: