- This line:Pinkie Pie: Ooh, I'm so nervicited!
Applejack: You do realize that's not a real word, right?
- Pinkie Pie trying to assure Twilight about being so "nervicited" (both nervous and excited):Pinkie Pie: We've all been there!
Fluttershy: I'm there almost every day...
- Pinkie Pie making a certain familiar sound when coming out of a ball shape at the start of the movie.
- Princess Luna having to use magic to stop Pinkie Pie from messing with the mirror, eyes rolling and everything.
- A great chunk of jokes are of Twilight getting used to her new human body:
- Twilight spotting another human walking, and quickly getting up off all fours. Part of what makes it funny is that Spike was sitting on Twilight, and when she stands up, he falls off and hits the ground.Spike: Uh, Twilight? I don't think that's how the new you is supposed to— (falls)
- Additionally, a regular dog they meet looks at dog-Spike riding Twilight and immediately turns to its owner with a happy suggesting look. The boy is not amused by the suggestion and just gives the dog a "keep walking" point.
- Twilight's first attempt at two-legged walking. She flails around as she tries to keep her balance, before grabbing onto a stair rail for support. Insert QWOP jokes here.
- When Twilight finally makes it to the front door of the school, she tries to compose herself and look as dignified as possible... and also tries to open the door with her magic (which she no longer has), leading to Twilight comically walking right into it.
- Twilight trips and falls, and as a boy walks by he takes a good look at her butt.
- During the "Strange New World" montage, Twilight enters the boys restroom by accident.
- Human Twilight taking a bite of her apple like a horse and human Fluttershy giving her a "WTF?" look. Even better in that this comes right after her dramatic declaration to become Princess of the Fall Formal.
- At one point, Twilight has to sign her name with a pen to get onto the ballot. First, she takes the pen with her mouth. Then she holds the pen with her hand in the most child-like way imaginable and just stabs the page with it. The entire time, Pinkie is simply looking at her like it's no big deal. Her only comment at the end is that she can't believe how terrible her handwriting is.
- Twilight learning how to do research in the human world. Specifically, she attempts to use a computer by banging on the keyboard with her fists. This is made more hilarious in that, in the pony-verse, she actually has a computer of some kind in her basement, but it's almost sixty or so years out of date by our standards.
- Twilight entering Principal's Celestia's office by leaning forward and pushing the door open with her head (which is natural for non-unicorns in the pony-verse).
- Remember Twilight's dancing in "Sweet and Elite"? Being human doesn't improve her skills. In fact, she dances as she would as if she was still a pony. On all fours. And then Flash joins in...
- Twilight spotting another human walking, and quickly getting up off all fours. Part of what makes it funny is that Spike was sitting on Twilight, and when she stands up, he falls off and hits the ground.
- This exchange:Pinkie: "Are you psychic?"Twilight: "No...unless that's something you can do?"Pinkie: "Not usually."
- Human Scootaloo doing the chicken dance. Fandom Nod, anybody? Someone even made a PMV with it mere hours after the trailer's release.
- When Twilight realizes she's turned human, she performs a Skyward Scream. After that, Twilight panics as she continues to check what else has changed in her body while Spike, having gotten used to his new body much more easily than Twilight, just sits with a blank expression on his face and taking a bit of time to scratch himself. Eventually, Twilight asks Spike if anything else changed to which he says her muzzle has gotten smaller. This nearly causes yet another Skyward Scream until Spike stops her.
- Spike: (to Twilight) "You made a list? That's so unlike you!"
- When Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rarity all start arguing, Spike promptly tries to hide himself in Twilight's back-pack.
- During the "Fix It Up" song, we see Twilight struggling to move a broken folding table by herself. Two jock boys see her and come in to help, picking up the table between the two of them and slowly walking it out of frame. Applejack comes walking by at a brisk pace with the same kind of table held casually under one arm. Cue dropped jaws from both boys, while Twilight just giggles.
- Meta example: in light of all the backlash surrounding the film, the team that made the movie had a sense of humor about it, sending tweets to each other cackling that they're corporate tools rolling on piles of money they made selling out.
- Human Pinkie Pie is introduced scattering streamers around the gymnasium. She then peels one of the balloons off the cutie mark design on her dress and blows it up. When she stops, the air rushes out and the force makes her face ridiculous. Later, she floats around the gym with the help of a balloon she blew up, and uses her hair like a bottle opener.
- "That one is keeping a secret, but I'm totally onto her. (stage-whispering) She's psychic!"
- This exchange:Twilight Sparkle: Looks like if I want my crown back, I'll have to become Princess of the Fall Formal! And that's just what I'm gonna do!
Spike: And how exactly do you plan on doing that?
Twilight Sparkle: I have no idea!
- It's the mix of worry and enthusiasm that just sells that line.
- And it's exactly the way Pinkie says the line in "It's About Time."
- Possibly funnier by the influence of Team Fortress 2 on the fan community — the line is also said in the Meet the Medic video, which the audio was later used in a popular animation of Lauren Faust and Rob Renzetti on the creation of MLP.
- These lines, right after Spike congratulates the girls on saving the day from Sunset Shimmer who used the Element of Magic to turn herself, Snips, and Snails into demonic winged beings by absorbing the Element's power and transforming ala' Sailor Moon:Bystander: Did that dog just talk?! Whoa, weird.
Spike: Seriously? The talking dog is the weird thing about all this?
- Twilight's thoughts on a redeemed Sunset ShimmerTwilight Sparkle: Oh, she'll be fine. I left her in good hands.
Rainbow Dash: Uh... what are "hands"?
- "THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE (beat) needs some peanut butter crackers!" (Puts a coin in the vending machine slot)
- Immediately prior to Trixie showing up, Twilight gets so frustrated at being unable to figure out how to work the machine, she gets down on all fours and prepares to buck at it.
- When Human Pinkie is commenting on the mess in the gym, she mentions wanting a cannon that could shoot parties out. The irony is staggering.
- The way Spike encourages Twilight to tell her human friends the truth about what she really is is sweet, but the sincere way he says it in an otherwise normal human setting can elicit a chuckle:Spike: [These ordinary human girls] aren't going to feel any differently about you when they find out you're a pony princess of Equestria.
- Then, when Twilight prepares to confess, this happens:Pinkie Pie: You're from an alternate world and you're a pony princess there and the crown actually has a magical element embedded in it that helps power up other magical elements and without it they don't work anymore, and you need them all to help protect your magical world, and if you don't get the crown tonight, you'll be stuck in this world and you won't be able to get back for like a really, really long time! (grins)
(Twilight and Spike stare at her slack-jawed)
Rainbow Dash: Yeah, I'm pretty sure that isn't the reason.
Spike: Nope, she's pretty much spot-on.
Rarity: He can talk?!
Fluttershy: "What are you thinking right now?!"Spike: "Uh..." (looks at Rarity) "Sure would love a scratch behind the ol' ears!"Rarity: "Gah..."
- During Pinkie's explanation, the rest of the human mane five stare at Pinkie with constantly shifting expressions of confusion and concern.
- Then there's Spike's subsequent exchange with Fluttershy and Rarity:
Twilight Sparkle: How did you know all that?
- What really sells it is the close-up of Fluttershy's face, which has this demented/eager smile, as seen here◊.
- And then:
Pinkie Pie: Just a hunch!
- A similar event to the above happens at the end when Twilight's friends tease her for seemingly liking a pony who is Flash Sentry's Equestrian counterpart:Twilight Sparkle: I don't even know him. He just...
Pinkie Pie: Totally reminds you of a guy you met in the other world who played guitar, was in a band, and helped prove you didn't destroy all the decorations for a big dance, so you could still run for princess of the big dance, and asked you to dance at that dance!(takes a deep breath) Right?
Twilight Sparkle: How did you know that?
Pinkie Pie: Just a hunch!
- In the beginning, Twilight mentions having trouble getting used to her new wings. When she goes back to Equestria, she declares that having wings will be nothing compared to walking on two legs and picking things up with fingers (Which she refers to as these).
- The exact recreation of Twilight and Fluttershy's first meeting. At least Twilight isn't completely body-checked this time.
- When Twilight wonders why Rainbow Dash wants to work with her despite her losing their soccer match: "Of course you lost. I'm awesome!"
- The moment Twilight heads back to Equestria, the magical enhancements her human friends got are instantly removed. Rainbow Dash, enjoying the ability of flight, is suddenly reminded of gravity.
- And following this, Human Pinkie tries to race into the now-closed portal. "Awww...bummer!"
- The "-_-" look on Applejack's face when she covers Pinkie's mouth to stop her from shouting "WHAT?!" a third time.
- Applejack demonstrating why Twilight shouldn't run for Fall Formal Princess:Applejack: (holds up a balloon with Sunset Shimmer's face on it) "Ah sure would like to have some friendly competition!" (holds up a balloon with Twilight's googly-eyed face on it) "That's so good to hear!" (turns the Sunset Shimmer balloon around to reveal a needle taped on the back) But then, here comes the backstabbin'. (pops the Twilight balloon)
- When the Equestria Girls are getting ready for the Fall Formal, there's a shot of Spike trying on fake mustaches.
- From the same song/styling montage, RD in a pink poofy dress and Pinkie Pie's various silly hairstyles, including one shaped like a giant swan and another with a full-sized model of a ship stuck in it!
- Let's face it. All of the Call Backs and Continuity Nods are funny.
- When Twilight returns to Equestria, she's still standing on two hooves. It takes her a second to get back to her quadruped position.
- The photos of Sunset Shimmer as the three previous years' Fall Formal princess on Principal Celestia's office wall. Her expression goes from "Gee, I can't believe you picked me" to "cocky" to "MUAHAHAHAHAHA!"
- Spike jumps out of Twilight's backpack to give her a backpaw when she says "everypony" instead of "everybody".
- The "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" song was so catchy that even Snips and Snails dance to it while wearing the Wondercolt ears and tails, much to Sunset Shimmer's annoyance.Sunset Shimmer: Take those off!
- When Sunset Shimmer tells what's wrong with the Fall Formal:Sunset Shimmer: Fizzy apple cider? UGH! This is my coronation, not a hoedown!
- Anytime Demon Sunset Shimmer kept on changing her personality from evil to nice and vice versa.Demon Sunset Shimmer: Gee, the gang really is all back together again. (laughs and wipes tear from her face)Demon Sunset Shimmer: (somewhat stares at the audience) Spoiler alert! I was bluffing when I said I was going to destroy the portal!
- Also, if you pause the movie and pay attention to the top left corner after the girls gained magic from Sunset Shimmer's attack, Demon Sunset Shimmer's expression looks like she's thinking "WHAT THE HECK?"
- Rainbow Dash doing a reprisal of her "So awesome!" face.
- After Human Rarity shows off the fake ears and tails, she sheepishly adds that she hasn't managed to sell a single one.
Rarity: I've Got it! (cut to everyone in the coffee shop looking at Rarity, causing her to blush with embarrassment).
- In the same scene:
- The soccer field with ornate wrought iron goals. Those are some fancy goals.
- Twilight trying to get to sleep when her wings keep getting in the way of her bed covers. It's doubly funny if you subscribe to the fanon about "wingboners".
- Watch Rarity's expression when Twilight says "I bet they can teach you" to a reformed Sunset Shimmer. Everyone else around her looks welcoming and entirely fine with it, while Rarity is glaring off in another direction. When she looks up, she just raises her eyebrows skeptically and forces a small smile.
- Cheerilee's expression of pure frustration at Twilight's making a racket in the library and not knowing how to use the computer, before she plasters on a giant fake smile and turns to face her. You really get the feeling this has happened a lot.
- When the girls are transforming into their anthro forms, everybody is acting how you'd expect someone to act in a Transformation Sequence. Except for Fluttershy — she, of course, looks terrified.
- When Snips and Snails sneak through the library, Snips sneaks in movement close to scissors (legs open and close as he moves sideways) and Snails inches along the ground similar to a snail/slug.
- Sunset Shimmer can't seem to get a dramatic moment for the life of her:Sunset Shimmer: (to no one in particular, in the most venomous tone imaginable) Where is this Twilight Sparkle?
(zoom out to show everyone in the gymnasium staring at her)
Sunset Shimmer: Uh... I'm looking forward to meeting the competition?
- While the girls are preparing for the dance, Rarity brings out a chest full of jewelry, and everybody smiles... except Rainbow Dash.
- A blink and you'll miss it one during the "Fix It Up" number: when Rarity is sweeping up the debris, Spike is chasing after her with hearts in his eyes.
Funny / My Little Pony: Equestria Girls (2013)