- The first description the book gives of Bridget:She had long blonde hair, blue eyes, a slim physique, and pink lips covered with enough lip gloss for at least three girls.
- Lu pretending to organise the vials to work more easily during the chemistry test, and Mrs. Roderick pointing out that she is arranging them not by any relevant chemical property, but by colour.
- Bridgets It Was Here, I Swear! moment itself is amusing enough to read, but then Lu blurts out that shes not quite sane and needs counseling, and Mrs. Cairns agrees with her.
- Shadow and Déaspor fighting in Lus dreams, acting like children and amplifying their childish quarrels with magic.
- The Dark Ones narrative poem about King Roythebrune.
Funny / Murderess