- When Kesher asks the driver of a car if he's chauffeuring the Castigliane brothers. The driver tells him to "beat it", while Adam is holding a golf club. Guess what happens next.
- The hitman's establishing scene. A visual guide in how not to kill somebody.
- Most of the scenes that find Adam Kesher having a really bad day are quite hilarious.
- Billy Ray Cyrus. Nuff said.
- The mobster dealing with Keshers wife.
- Coco's reaction to one of her tenants letting his dog take a dump in the courtyard. She also mentions a former tenant who brought in a kangaroo.
- Adam's You Have Got to Be Kidding Me! reaction to being told he has to meet the cowboy.
- Betty and Rita rehearsing. Betty's acting is very hammy and the dialogue is very stilted. Eventually they both crack up laughing at how silly it is.
- At the start of Betty's audition, the director gives her some advice that sounds incomprehensible. Cue everyone making a look that says "I've been hearing this same line 5 times now and I still don't know what he's talking about".
- A meta-example: The hobo who appears behind the diner's dumpster gives a strange look before disappearing. The reason behind it is the actress who played the character gave David Lynch goo-goo eyes every time she looked at him. She was cast for the part because they met at a party and he liked the look of her face and wanted her for a role.
Funny / Mulholland Dr.