If you enjoy some good old fashioned Tom and Jerry-esque slapstick, this movie will not disappoint.
- The movie opens with the banter between Lars and Ernie and Rudolf being catapulted into a manhole during the the funeral
- After dragging Caesar through the house by his van's tow cable the mouse decides to add insult to injury by defecating on his chin before going back into the house.
- This scene when Ernie sees a bum on the street.Ernie: Look at that, sleeping on the street. Pitiful.Bum: IF I HAD A HOUSE I'D SLEEP IN IT!
- The entire sequence where Ernie and Lars get blown up, sending Ernie rocketing out of the chimney and crashing into the lake and the subsequent conversation the brothers have comprised entirely of Angrish.
- Lars criticizing Ernie's attempts to shoot the mouse.Lars: What, are you crazy? You're blowing the whole house up! The only thing you haven't hit so far is the mouse! Why don't you give somebody else a chance with that gun? (Ernie points the shotgun at him.) ...You're doing a wonderful job.
- Prior to this:Lars: What are you gonna do?Ernie: (with shotgun) I'm gonna kill that unspeakable thing once and for all.Lars: Come on, Ernie, no, no, no...Lars: This is how accidents happen. Come on, Ernie. (Ernie laughs manically) Put the gun down, calm down, come on.
Lars: SHOOT! SHOOT!
- Just after this, Ernie calmly spots the mouse, followed by this exchange.
- Prior to this:
- This exchange when the brothers ask Maury for a vicious cat to hunt the mouse.Maury: I'd given up hope on anyone wanting him. We were about to... gas him again.Ernie and Lars (in unison): Again?
- During the auction Lars ends up catching the mouse, who then promptly escapes down Lars's sleeve and pants. He and Ernie then have this exchange while trying to get the mouse out of Lars's pants.Lars: (Having caught the mouse in the crotch of his trousers) I've got you now my little friend!Ernie: Hold on tight, I'm gonna get it out! (Goes to undo Lars's zipper.)Lars: Have you got it yet?Ernie: (As he's got his hand down Lars's pants) I'm not sure.
Ernie: (as Hilde runs past screaming with her hair on fire) KEEP GOIN'!
- Ernie tells the auctioneer to carry on no matter what happens. This includes a woman's hair catching on fire, Lars shoving his hand down her cleavage as he tries to grab the mouse, a man choking on an olive which April then accidentally swallows, resulting in a Texan auctioneer calling out an offer as he gives her the Heimlich, and Ernie and Lars running out of the room to try and drown the mouse.
- "Now you know, this house will last FOREVER!"
- "What's that? HORSE? FIENDISH! I WON'T EAT IT! AAAAAAHHHHHH!!"
- Lars finds himself unable to finish off the mouse while he's unconscious, reasoning how pathetic he looks. Ernie replies: "Pathetic? He's Hitler with a tail. This is The Omen with whiskers! Nostradamus didn't see this thing coming!"
- Followed by Ernie whacking his own head when he can't kill the mouse either.
- Lars turning up at the hospital in the pink overcoat.