- Cooking with Scorpion!
- Cyrax hates Johnny Cage's movies. A lot. According to a bit in the Konquest mode, Cyrax "felt especially robbed of his eight bucks when he went and saw Ninja Mime."
- Also, the mere fact that Cyrax, an assassin for the Lin Kuei clan that is very traditional/ancient in its customs (the "Cyber Initiative" aside), just went to the movies one day to chill out and watch a Johnny Cage film. Even funnier if you picture him doing this after he became a cyborg (though if that were the case, it would have to be after the Special Forces revived his humanity).
- The Krypt is loaded with in-jokes about the characters. In addition to Scorpion's cooking show mentioned above, there's a thermos so sturdy even Sub-Zero can still drink hot coffee while reading the morning paper, Quan Chi moonlighting as a jazz saxophonist (with a threat to "Buy [his album] or else!"), Kano sponsoring his own nasty brand of sugary cereal, Scorpion (again) advertising hellfire charcoal briquettes that no barbecue is complete without, and Goro being the best drummer who ever lived for obvious reasons.
- And then there is the reward for opening the coffin named FU: Nothing! Why? Because Fuck You!
- Quan Chi's Fatality. He stretches his opponent's neck, turning them into a "human giraffe" who takes a couple of steps and dies. Here is the video.
Funny / Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance