- The sheer silliness of the animations, machines and situations is bound to make one smile...which you should enjoy while it lasts.
- Even the tower defense spinoffs got their own page.
- The good ending of Metal Slug 4, in which the team has a feast and eats themselves to fattiness.
- Even the bad ending lightens the mood. The player or players are visited in hospital by the other playable characters who bring in baskets of fruit. They give a huge smile upon seeing it.
- The ending of the second game, when the table Morden is strapped to falls over, with Morden still on it, his soldiers whimper upon seeing that and only then your character celebrates the end of the level.
- HEVVY MASHEEN GUN! RAWKET LAWNCHAIR! MOBEEL SATTELITE! SHAWTGUN! YOU'RE GREAT!
- (clickclick) STONE!
- Riding one of the animal Slugs. You get some pretty awesome combat machines, but you can also ride camels, ostriches and elephants, all equipped with the trademark gatling gun.
- In Metal Slug 2/X and 3, the Mummy Generators basically resemble a sandstone phone booth. That's not the funny part, the funny part is that there's a huge blue sign with the text "MUMMY" on top of it instead of some ancient Egyptian inscription.
- The Samurai/Japanese Soldiers in Metal Slug 3. Due to running out of resources, they have to improvise. Among the things they use are a tank◊ carried by two Japanese soldiers and aircraft that "fly" via a rope and pulley system.
- Even funnier, they went through all the trouble creating the pulley system but didn't take into account that they'd run out of space for the airplanes to "fly". The result is a bunch of pulley-airplanes crashing and blowing up into the wall because they didn't think the whole design through.
- A common group of enemies in the series is a group of helicopters who fly in sync to follow the leader (the red copter). Destroying the leader copter first will cause the rest to explode all by themselves just to follow the leader.
- Hard to pull off, but if timed right, you can make the surrendering Abul Abbas explode (X only).
- Whenever you die, whatever soldiers are around will point and laugh...only to scream and bolt the hell out of there when you respawn.
- In stage 3 of Metal Slug, after destroying an outhouse, you find a Rebel soldier on the can. He takes a second to panic, then flushes himself down the toilet to get away.
Funny / Metal Slug