- At the beginning, Megamind comments that "Things could be a lot worse." Then notes that he's the one falling to his death. Well, guess it can't.
- Megamind's comment about being eight days old, and still living with his parents.Megamind: How sad is that? Clearly, it was time to move on.
- During his backstory, the criminals do flashcards with baby Megamind. When they show him a card of a police officer, they shake their heads and Megamind mimics the motion, and when they show him a card of a criminal, they nod and Megamind does the same.
- "Is it a puppy?!" The fact that he was pretending his gift was a puppy, then excitedly asking about it makes it gold.
- It's there for about a second, but right when Metro Man is giving his big speech during the unveiling of his museum, one person (presumably Random Citizen) actually shrieks with excitement just to hear what Metro Man has to say.
- "And I love you, random citizen!"
- Megamind gets booed by the audience and what's his response?
- After so many kidnappings, Roxanne is very nonchalant about everything, and is all too familiar with Megamind's deathtraps.
- When a dangling spider comes down and Megamind tries to play it up as another trap after Roxanne seemingly mistakes it for one, she blows it into Megamind's eyeball, causing him to panic, and Minion tries to help by punching him in the face, and then stomps on his head.
- And during the broadcast...Metro Man: Don't panic, Roxy! I'm on my way!
Roxanne: I'm not panicking. [is ignored]
Megamind: In order to stop me, you need to find me first!
Roxanne: We're at the abandoned observatory.
Metro Man: Ah-ha!
Megamind: No! We're not! Don't listen to her, she's crazy!
- The Ham-to-Ham Combat between Megamind and Metro Man that follows:Megamind: In case you haven't noticed, you've fallen right into my trap!
Metro Man: You can't trap justice! It's an idea, a BELIEF!
Megamind: Even the most heartfelt belief can be corroded over time!
Metro Man: Justice is a non-corrosive metal!
Megamind: But metals can be melted, by the heat of re-vahnge!
Metro Man: It's revenge, and it's best served cold!
Megamind: But it can be easily reheated, in the microwave of evil!
Metro Man: Well, I think your warranty's about to expire!
Megamind: Maybe I got an extended warranty!
Metro Man: Warranties are invalid, if you don't use the product for its intended purpose!
Roxanne: Girls, girls, you're both pretty! Can I go home now?
- Megamind and Roxanne debating over whether Metro Man will arrive:Roxanne: Hah!
Roxanne: [mockingly] Hah hah hah!
Megamind: [sinisterly] Mwahahahahaha!
- Megamind has a Kill Sat trained on Metro Man, which uses the power of the sun. He dramatically orders Minion to fire... and nothing happens. Nothing continues to happen for an uncomfortably long time before Megamind sighs and slips offscreen...Megamind: Uh... Minion? Fire?
Minion: Still warming up, sir.
Megamind: Come again?!
Minion: Warming up, sir.
Megamind: Warming up?! The sun is WARMING UP?!
- There's also Roxanne's request to have her "frequent kidnap victim card" stamped. Megamind insists that they discontinued that promotion, and that she is well aware of that fact.
- When Megamind enters upon City Hall as AC/DC's Highway to Hell is playing... he orders Minion to cut the music... and Minnie Ripperton's Loving You starts playing!
- Even funnier is the fact that "Highway to Hell" switches to "Loving You" every time the word "Hell" is uttered.
- Actually, it switches to a "Hell" just before Minion breaks it to stop it. Well, an "ell", anyways.
- And the press-conference that follows, with Megamind pretty much admitting that he's got no clue what he's doing:Roxanne: I'm sure we'd all like to know what you plan to do with us and this city!
Megamind: Good question... glad you asked that. Imagine... the most horrible, terrifying, evil thing you can possibly think of. And multiply it — by six! In the meantime, I want you to carry on with the dreary, normal things that people do. Let's just have fun with this, come on! And I will get back to you!
- A good chunk of the attendees are recording the whole thing on their camera phones.
- His Dracula-esque pose with the cape, and crab-walking out of sight...
- Megamind tells Minion he's out too far in front of the window and the audience can still see him. Minion takes a step but is still completely visible. They both start giggling and do so until the scene ends.
- Even funnier is the fact that "Highway to Hell" switches to "Loving You" every time the word "Hell" is uttered.
- The "No You Can't" sign.
- Minion, upon being asked if he ever imagined the day Megamind won:Minion: No way. Not at all, sir. Never. Never in a million... [notices Megamind's glare] I mean... yes! I did!
- Megamind wishes his parents were still alive to see his accomplishments, and Minion consoles him that they must be proud, smiling down from "Evil Heaven".
- "I'm in a heated existential discussion with this dead-eyed plastic desk toy!"
- Roxanne and Megamind are both talking to Metro Man's statue.Roxanne: Without you, evil is running rampant through the streets.
Megamind: I am so tired of running rampant through the streets!
- "I'm not allowed to insult guests directly." Oh, Bernard.
- After Megamind transforms into Bernard for the first time, there's his reaction to hearing from Roxanne what his disguise's name is.Megamind: Oh yes!, It's just me... "Bernarrrd"?
- And right after that, since he rigged the museum with explosives:Megamind: I wouldn't stay for more than 2 minutes 37 seconds if I were you! We're having the walls and ceiling removed!
Roxanne: Wow, that sounds like... quite the renovation.
- When time is almost up, he looks at his watch, then back at Roxanne with a wide smile.Megamind: I think we should run!
- Megamind beginning a dramatic speech, only for it to be interrupted when the museum blows up behind him.Megamind: Time to put the past behind us. Only the future— [museum explodes, and debris begins to rain down around Megamind] Aaaah! Oh! I'm too close! I'm genuinely scared right now! Oh! I hope no one's seeing this! Aah!
- And right after that, since he rigged the museum with explosives:
- Megamind's particularly epic Oh, Crap! face after Roxanne explains how she found his hideout.
- Right after, how Roxie finds the secret entrance: a doormat labeled "Secrit Entrance", courtesy of Minion.Megamind: Minion!
Minion: [meekly] I kept forgetting where it was.
- A Freeze-Frame Bonus shows that written in graffiti on the fake holographic wall is "Go Away, No One Lives Here".
- And this exchange right after:Megamind: [yelling at Minion] You dimwitted creation of science!
Roxanne: [over the phone] What?!
Megamind: [pretending to be Bernard] I was just yelling at... my mother's... urn.
- Right after, how Roxie finds the secret entrance: a doormat labeled "Secrit Entrance", courtesy of Minion.
- The entire scene where Roxanne infiltrates Megamind's lair.
- While posing as Bernard, Megamind explains that he got there so quickly... because he happened to be speed walking nearby. Formal speed walking.
- Megamind trying to get her out of his lair:Megamind: How about this one? This way looks exciting!
Roxanne: No, it says "Exit."
Megamind: ...Which is the abbreviation for "Exciting", right?
- Later, Roxanne tries to leave through the door. It leads to a pit with alligators, squeaky toys, dance music, and a disco ball.Roxanne: Bernard! You were right about that room being exciting!
- When she and Megamind disguised as Bernard stumbles onto Megamind's secret plans hanging from the roof and on the walls. Megamind has to keep switching between enthusiastic and his real emotions as Roxanne looks away then back at him.
- Another special mention to "Bernard" fighting Megamind."Bernard": Unhand me, you fiend!
"Bernard": His strength's too much!
Megamind: Oh, I work out!
"Bernard": Well, it's really paying off! You're so fit and strangely charismatic!
"Bernard": I did my best, but he's too fantastic!
- Megamind being forced to blow up his brain bots with dynamite:[loud whisper] Daddy's sorry!
- "HAL SCHTEWART! PREPARE FOR YOUR DESTINAAAAY!"
- Minion walks in, carrying a spare door to replace the one Megamind destroyed when making his entrance.
- What makes this even funnier is the fact that the door is unlocked.note
- When Megamind & Minion confront a terrified Hal:Hal: Is this a robbery? 'Cause the lady across the hall has way better stuff than me!
Megamind: Look! It's Hal Stewart! Quick, the spray!
[Minion tries chloroform spray on Hal, but the can is empty]
Minion: Oops, all out.
Megamind: Well, use the forget-me-stick!
Minion: Oh, right. *WHACK!*
- Hal's dazed expression after getting whacked (see page image) is priceless. It's even become a meme!
- Minion's disguise as Space Stepmom simply consists of putting a pink apron over his mecha gorilla suit and a curly blond wig over his fishbowl. Titan never sees through this deception.
- Any time Space Dad opens his mouth. He's basically Jor-El, but voiced by a very different Marlon Brando character.
- Hal/"Titan"'s very first training session is incredibly hilarious, even if it is Foreshadowing. The look of horror on Space Dad's face as Hal melts away the Megamind mannequin sells it.
- The all-too-familiar training course (with girders and flaming barrels tossed at Titan by Minion) is worth a chuckle. He's even imitating Kong's movements.
- Megamind, in disguise as Space Dad, gives Hal his superhero suit.Hal: Hey, what does the "T" stand for?
Hal: 'Tighten'? What's that supposed to mean?
Megamind: It was the only name I could trademark.
- This exchange during Megamind and Minion's "break up scene":Minion: Well, good luck with your date!
Megamind: I will!
Minion: That doesn't even make any sense!
Megamind: I know!
- Minion's perfect girly scream right before when Megamind says "Maybe I don't want to be the bad guy anymore!"Minion: [thunderstruck] ...who are you?
- Minion's perfect girly scream right before when Megamind says "Maybe I don't want to be the bad guy anymore!"
- During their date, Megamind/Bernard asks if Roxanne would still enjoy his company if he (as a random, non-specific example) was bald and had the complexion of a "popular primary color". Roxanne's response?Roxanne: Of course! You don't judge a book by its cover or a person from the outside.
Megamind: [adopts a look of relief] That's a relief to hear.
Roxanne: You judge them based on their actions.
Megamind: [look of relief vanishes as the implications of that sink in] ...Well, that seems kind of petty, don't you think?
- Right after, there's Megamind's reaction after Roxanne accidentally reverts him back to normal.Megamind: What? (notices he's in his normal form) Don't Look At Me! Just a technical glitch! [to Roxanne] Don't look yet! [accidentally turns into the Warden] Well, never mind that! [keeps fiddling with the disguise watch, then finally changes... except that he's turned into Space Dad] Where were we?
- It's even funnier because when Megamind says "Don't look at me!", everyone in the restaurant but Roxanne quickly and awkwardly starts looking at their plates.
- Right after, there's Megamind's reaction after Roxanne accidentally reverts him back to normal.
- When Megamind returns after the date, he enters with this line, proving that- even at his absolute lowest point- Megamind is still hilariously petty:Megamind: Okay, Minion! You were right! I was... less right!
- Black Mamba. Complete with a fanfare reeking with Mundane Made Awesome and a setup that includes pulling the rubber pants out of his ass crack and polishing his head.
- When Megamind busts out his Motion-Capture Mecha and the rock music to battle Titan the first time, Titan doesn't show... cue the Time Passes Montage as Megamind's rock music shuffles through the whole playlist until it lands on "Loving You" again. The whole battle-suit is slumping over BECAUSE it's a Motion Capture Mecha.
- And he finally resorts to playing with a nearby parked car as if it were a life-sized Hot Wheels car.Megamind: Oh, no! We're gonna crash! Ahh! [dunks the car into the reflecting pool outside City Hall] Glub, glub, glub! ...This is embarrassing.
- Immediately followed by Megamind going to Hal's place to confront him, arriving by crashing through the guy's wall on the arm of said battle-suit.Megamind: Of all the inconsiderate... boneheaded... irresponsible... rude! Unprofessional, that's what this is! Would Metro Man have kept me waiting?! Of course not! He was a pro!
Hal: [playing video games, looking pleasantly surprised] Hey, Megamind! You're just the guy I wanted to see! Also, there's a door here.
- Hal's thought-process on superhero costume designs:Hal: You'd be the brains, so you'd get a little brain wearing glasses on your costume, or something. And since I'm the cool one, I'd have, like, two tanks sword-fighting...
- And he finally resorts to playing with a nearby parked car as if it were a life-sized Hot Wheels car.
- The entire duel between Megamind and Hal/Titan. Since Megamind is using a Motion-Capture Mecha, that means that his mech essentially acts just like him. Like shushing a random civilian, tiptoeing through the streets, and using a light pole as a makeshift rapier, complete with casual fencing poses.Megamind: Now that's the spirit! Parry! Thrust! Parry again! Now it's time for some witty back-and-forth banter! You go first.
Megamind: Okay, look, I'm not really sure where to go with that!
- One of the greatest ironies in the entire film comes after Titan learns that Space Dad had really been Megamind under a holographic disguise the entire time. Titan is furious, not only for Megamind deceiving him, but for also deceiving Space-Stepmom.
- "OW, my giant blue head!"
- When they go to find clues at Metro Man's hideout, they find all the things he kept, and Megamind eyes one of the old capes.Megamind: I can't believe he kept all this stuff! Oh, I remember when he wore that.Roxanne: Shouldn't we try to stay focused here?Megamind: Yes, of course. Right, focused.Roxanne: Hey, come over and look at this!
Megamind: [comes crashing in from the right and springs back up, wearing the white and gold cape] What is it? What did you find?!
Roxanne: [wearing the quintessential "WTF" face] Um...
- And right after:Roxanne: Look! This glass has ice cubes in it.
Megamind: Yes, that's what happens when water gets cold.
Roxanne: No, what I'm saying is, isn't a little odd that the ice hasn't melted yet?
Megamind: One of life's great mysteries.
- Not to mention Metro Man coming in behind them, eating a sandwich and silently freaking out as they continue to remark on the state of the ice. Their reaction to turning around and seeing him is priceless.
- Megamind's reaction, complete with Puppy-Dog Eyes:Megamind: Are you a ghost...? ...Speak, apparition...
- And then he starts pinching Metro Man's cheeks, to make sure he's real.
- Near the end of the flashback when Metro Man tells Megamind that "copper drains my powers", he quietly giggles as saying, "I can't believe he fell for that!"
- His use of Super Speed here is quite funny, but special mention goes to Megamind's freeze-frame expression.
- There's something incredibly funny about the way Metro Man reveals his big epiphany: "And THAT'S when I got the brilliant idea... to fake my death."
- Musicman.Metro Man: Metro Man was finally... dead! And Music Man was born!
Roxanne: "Music Man"?
Metro Man: That way I can keep my logo.
Roxanne/Megamind: [in unison] Come again?/Cuzzawha?
Metro Man: Finally, I was free to get in touch with my TRUE POWER! Weaving lyrical magic. Check this out. [plays on an electric guitar] "I have eyes/that can see/right through leeeeeaaaaad."
[Megamind and Roxanne exchange bewildered looks]
- Made funnier when Roxanne tells him how horrible he is, but then Megamind offhandedly reveals he thinks that Metro Man has talent, at which point Roxanne looks at Megamind completely incredulously.
- How Metro Man just stands there without so much as flinching as Roxanne throws one thing after another at him in a fit of anger. He completely No Sells every hit and each object just comically disintegrates around his face.Roxanne: [throws a trophy at Metro Man] How could you do this?! [throws microphone] The people of this city relied on you [throws an amplifier at him] and you deserted them! [smashes guitar over his head] You left us in the hands of — of — him! [indicates Megamind, then hastily turns to him and adds] No offense.
Megamind: [hastily] No, I'm with you.
- Metro Man looks like he knows he's disappointed them through the entire thing... except for the guitar, the destruction of which makes him look mildly dismayed.
- And right after:
- Roxanne has another one after they leave the hideout:Roxanne: I say we go back to the evil lair, grab some ray guns, hold 'em sideways and just go all gangsta on him.
- "Good luck, fellas!" "We're gonna die!"
- Plus the Warden's little "well... yeah." nod.
- "Hee hee!... wait, what?"
- When Titan tells Roxanne that she lives in a fantasy world and she shouldn't go around believing that there's good in everyone:Hal: There is no Easter Bunny, there is no Tooth Fairy, and there is no Queen of England!
- While Megamind is rescuing Roxanne, his holographic head is chewing as if trying to eat Titan.
- When Megamind is riding his bike, it has stabilizers. Simple, but very funny.
- His helmet has a tiny rear-view mirror attachment, and a camera on top.
- Also, this exchange between Roxanne and Megamind when Megamind is fighting Titan:Roxanne: Hey! Remember the night that I dumped you?
Megamind: You're bringing this up now?
- When the syringe gun indicates that it needs to warm up, just like the sun death ray:Megamind: [exasperated] Oh, you've got to be kidding me! Minion, if I live, I will kill you.
- When Titan rips the door off the invisible car, Megamind hides by grabbing onto it. When it becomes visible, Titan notices Megamind on it through the door window. Megamind's nervous laugh and expression as he pointlessly clicks the lock on the door is just great.
- The whole invisible car schtick is ruthlessly deconstructed. Anytime it's on screen, it's glaringly obvious where it is from the sunlight reflecting of it, and Minion drives so recklessly that even without that, you could easily see the trail of destruction.
- Minion Faking the Dead for a dramatic death scene. Made utterly hilarious by Megamind's utter nonchalance.Megamind: What a Drama Queen!
- After defeating Hal, the townspeople come to congratulate Megamind, who misreads the scene as an angry mob and pulls his gun at the crowd in fear.Megamind: Get back, you savages!
Roxanne: [lowering Megamind's gun] Sorry! Sorry! He's just not used to positive feedback!
- Megamind's face as she says it is priceless as well.
- The mid-credit sequence. The dehydrated Bernard pops out of the washing machine and Minion just responds by admonishing Megamind:Minion: Sir, you really need to clean out your pockets more often!
Bernard: This has been the worst day of my entire life...Minion: Oh, no worries! [THWACK!]
- And Bernard, being a stoic Perpetual Frowner, responds to his unusual situation in the most glumly resigned manner possible.
Megamind and the Button of Doom
- Megamind's holographic talking head (a leftover from his days as a villain) informing him of what the button he pressed does: "Greetings, hero! You've just unleashed an unspeakable evil upon Metrocity, and you're really, really not going to like it!"
- When trying to remember what the button's "unspeakable evil" is, Megamind and Minion discuss several incidents, including the "Forget-Me-Bomb" (which Megamind doesn't remember), the "Encyclopedia Bomb-ica", and Rock-Em-Sock-Em kittens. We're not given any more information.