open/close all folders
DiC animated series
- A Lampshade Wearing moment in the episode "Madeline and the Big Cheese". Danielle and Madeline has to come up with an impromptu way to lull Lord Cucuface to sleep so... well, see the TV.com summary.Madeline: Psst, Danielle, you be the queenDanielle: Me? Queen who?Madeline: (thinks) AHA! (Puts lampshade over Danielle's head) Queen Lampshade!Danielle: Fine, and you be Princess Drapery!
- "Greybeard?! How terrible!" "Terrible indeed. Especially since he died 200 years ago."
- Whenever Maestro Stroganoff bursts into tears in "Madeline and the Old Violin."
- "Who ever heard of a Joan of Arc with polka dots?"
- Funny at first, but it quickly takes a serious turn and becomes Nightmare Fuel as it becomes clear that all the girls have caught the chicken pox...ESPECIALLY regarding the scene transition to the view we get the following morning. OH, DEAR GOD!
- One of the lies in "Madeline and the White Lie" was that the crown belonged to King Louie the Nineteenth-and-a-half, and they only know half as much about him because he's half a king. Then, she imagines the statue telling her off.Imaginary Statue: There were not 19 Louies. And there was not half a Louie! You lied!
- In "Madeline At The Cooking School", the girls' initial recipe is so horrible, not only Even the Rats Won't Touch It, Lord Cucuface turns green (in the face)!
Lost in Paris
- When Madeline asks why LaCroque got her name (she used to be called "La Jolie Fleur"):Henri: She wilted.
- LaCroque demanding no laughter but stumbling on her words.LaCroque: "There will be no laughing here! Laughing is banished! Smiling is banned! Happiness is... is..."Henri: Verboten?
- Henri (who is trying to dispose of Madeline's suitcase) claims the suitcase belongs to him. Ms. Clavel calls him out on his lie when she opens the suitcase to reveal what is clearly Madeline's belongings.Police Officer: Ah, so you wear a little dress and play with dollies?
- Everytime Pepito takes out his fake shrunken head.Miss Clavel: Put it away!
- ANY scene with The Idiots, from being shouted to by Leopold, to setting each other's helmets on fire.
- Lord Covington stepping on dog poop before he discovers theyre hiding Genevieve somewhere. His reaction is hilarious!
- After Madeline is released from the hospital, Helen's car is forced to wait behind a lorry, causing the cook to remember her first husband, who was a lorry driver, and call him a stupid man. After a minute, she gets frustrated and proceeds to go around it over the sidewalk, much to Madeline's shock.
- "The Spanish ambassador's a midget?"'
- The debate on eating a chicken, "Fred", that Madeline "befriended" in Helen's car. It turns into half the class making chicken noises at Vicky, who gleefully chose to eat it. Then Lord Covington catches them in the act.Miss Clavel: Everyone is entitled to her opinion. If Vicky wants to eat "Fred"... the chicken...
- Madeline sees that people are being shown the house the girls and Miss Clavel live in, then sabotages parts of it. This one part sells it:Lord Covington: They don't make doors like this anymore!*he knocks it and then it falls down off its hinges*Prospective Buyer: Thats probably a good thing.
- "Don't kill the nun!" "Forget the nun, DON'T KILL THE IDIOTS!"