- Halloween Romance:
- In the beginning, when Ferdinand is coming up with explanations for things that are actually part of him being a vampire while dressed as a vampire for a Halloween party.
- One of Selene's friends, who's in on the secret, ponders what would happen if they unleashed her full moon self on the football team.
- "Oops. Now we have a cupholder."
- Selene tries to scratch her ear with her toe after a difficult night.
- In the apartment he shares with the only people who (initially) know he's a vampire, Ferdinand's bedroom door is marked "Stay Away from the Lair!".
- Ferdinand taking advantage of bat form to sulk, while hanging from the shower curtain pole.
- A frustrated friend calls Ferdinand "[a] self-pitying emo douche!"
- Selene's younger brother, Ben, makes repeated botched attempts to righteously slay Ferdinand when he visits her family. Ferdinand suspects something is up but finds it more annoying than intimidating.
- Cassiopeoia "Cassi" Anghel, Ferdinand's sister, prefers calling him "Ferdy". This has since become a FanNickname.
- When asked how he obtained a large sum of money, the sickly-looking Ferdinand explains he pretended to be stoned and/or drunk, went to all the gyms in town, and bet the biggest, toughest-looking guy there that he could bench more than him.
- Selene worries that a certain building may have rats. Ferdinand says he could always pretend they were "Capri-Sun juice bags with legs".
- Bite Me:
- A clueless receptionist flirts with Innocent Fanservice Guy Ferdinand, not realizing that he is older than he looks.
- When it turns out Matthew's uncle is an old enemy of the Anghels, the adults get into a vicious volley of insults and accusations. Matthew's mother, having not heard a thing, then joins them and cheerfully offers the family drinks. After a pause Dianne asks for a soda.
- Dianne narrates that the reason Matthew's mother doesn't check on his bedroom is because she lacks the safari equipment to get within ten feet of it.
- Dr. Nat Silver insists on putting a Winnie-the-Pooh band-aid on Ferdinand when he's had a blood sample taken.
- Waking Echoes:
- Taylor tries to explain her very serious paranormal problem over the phone to her best friend Joy, all the while Joy is suffering from severe hiccups.
- This exchange:
- Joy: "You can't give up. You're the morality."
- Ty: "The mortality morality."
- Joy: "The banality abnormality."
- Ty: "Spec-i-a-lity."
- Joy: "That's a stretch."
Funny / Legends of Laconia