- Many of the Left 4 Dead-esque messages left by previous students throughout the Nightmare are good for a few laughs:"Not for another 4 years dumbass"
- If Nick is grabbed and lifted up by the Giant, one possible response is "No no no no no! I get carsick!"
- There's just something hilarious about the Giant being able to spawn by smashing through a wall like a murderous Kool-Aid Man.
- If the Giant's trying to charge at you through a doorway, it's entirely possible to stop him in his tracks by simply shutting the door.
- When Chad takes down a Fiend, one of his lines is, "Can't stop the Chad train. Choo choo, motherfucker!"
- The gameplay guide's description for the Strangler's vent ambush:"Use vents to brutally drag in survivors for the insta-kill. They won't be floating down here that's for sure."
- Troy can say this after reuniting with a fellow classmate just after traveling through a vent:
- Anything Sam says when she's being dorkily cute:(when being choked by the Strangler) "Let me go, or I'm telling!"(when spotting a Fiend) "You're not my dad! You can't tell me what to do!"
- The Fiend emotes. Nothing quite says Mood Whiplash like the Giant lumbering murderously towards you... and suddenly getting down and doing some pushups.
- As shown by Admiredplague's stream of the closed beta, a poorly-placed proximity mine can instantly kill all five students and the killer in one swoop.
Funny / Last Year: The Nightmare